PDA

View Full Version : How much CST?

Obsidian X
31-08-05, 23:24
My droner/cst is at DEX 90, CST 121 (with buff and glove) and INT 78. I am now sick to death of droning and want to lom him straight to CST. I plan on ripping out his Exp Mind control 3, replacing it with a CST chip 3, swapping the Law Enforcer with a Special Science CPU and the Mincontrol 3 for a CST chip 2. Gonna keep the SRI for its DEX bonus. So by my calculations this will give me 156 CST, before I have begun the lomming process (and hopefully I'll have enough INT for the SS to still work.) I haven't really played with the numbers though.

Whew, that was exhaustive. If I then lom all my WPW into CST, will that CST be able to cap all store bought stuff and rares (to the best of anyones knowledge on the matter), despite having only around 80 odd INT and 90 DEX?

Darkana
01-09-05, 08:55
Without XP loss you get like 32 more levels in CST after lomming all your WPW out. With XP loss it's probably a bit less. Nonetheless, you will end up with like 180+ CST. That should allow you to cap all the things needed afaik.

Happy lomming, maybe do some CST missions in between to counter the XP loss :)

Bugs Gunny
01-09-05, 09:50
You will allready cap quality for all weapons.

Honestly there's no need to go realy high cst. I've built everything, 5 slotted rares etc at 133. There's a formula to calculate your quality cap cst level at a given int and dex level. Look for it on the old nc1 forums.

Darkana
01-09-05, 12:23
Why to get high CST skill? Less failures? Shorter building time? Possibility to do the 150 CST missions for XP (afterall he is lomming his only combat ability)? Higher chance of slots (open to discussion)? Being able to competete with other CSTers on the open market (if he wants to do public service, that is)?

Bugs Gunny
01-09-05, 13:11
He should keep his droning skills and just lie about his cst level.
How many tradeskillers that claim they have 200+ cst do you think actualy have it?

You can't tell, not on the quality, nor on the slots, nor can you tell by quality on rares.

Obsidian X
01-09-05, 15:58
Is this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=99641&highlight=CST+formula) the formula you're referring to Bugs? I'm also using this post (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1385633&postcount=37) as a point of reference.

Basically, I know people said you can do perfectly well with low CST as long as you have capped INT and DEX. I have around 73 base in both, and I'm getting sick of the sight of El Farid, I want to stop droning altogether. If I lom, I can expect to lose about 3 full INT levels (I'm at 82 INT with imps). Will lomming all my WPW into CST compensate for my relatively low INT/DEX levels?

Of course if I can get away with lower CST levels, then I'll put the rest of my WPW into Barter...

Edit: Or is it worth just slogging out a few more levels at El Farid, till I maybe hit base 85 INT/DEX? I definitely won't be capping INT and DEX as Fusion Cannon drones effects make me want to scratch my eyes out.

Bugs Gunny
01-09-05, 16:42
Keep droning and move from el farid to the graves in K13.

Obsidian X
01-09-05, 17:03
Keep droning and move from el farid to the graves in K13.

I was going to do the graves, but I get owned by DoY bots (I'm pro-city), but I get my stealth 2 soon, so is the Graves better than El Farid for droners?

Darkana
01-09-05, 17:26
The Grave is definitively better, not only because you will find higher level mobs in there (70 to 100 and a single 120), but also have less other players running around everywhere. Infact, the Grave is _the_ droner place, or at least used to be. Alternatively you can hit one of the chaos caves, but they are mostly occupied by other players unless you play at "off"-hours.