PDA

View Full Version : City Admin PA

RogerRamjet
30-08-05, 14:46
Ive heard rumours that the energy resist that the PA gives doesnt actually work, anyone know if this is true?

/Edit. Did the RoG get nerfed too?

Bugs Gunny
30-08-05, 14:52
It works.

I've tested it with a firemodded beam of hell.
Full health one shot without chestarmor and then full health with ncpd pa.
There's a big difference.

While i was at it, I also tried the difference between the foreign cast pe shelter and the foreign cast ppu shelter. When there's a pe around and no ppu a pe shelter helps a lot too, but a pe shelter gave me 23-22 dammage per shot where a ppu shelter took it down to 22-21 per shot.

RogerRamjet
30-08-05, 14:56
So the energy from the armour works? Sweet.

What about the RoG?

Bugs Gunny
30-08-05, 15:02
If you want to be the laughing stock of the server, sure go around pvping with a rog......

RogerRamjet
30-08-05, 15:04
Im not bothered about being laughed at. Im gonna kick it back old school with a CA PA, no drug RoG PE.

Bugs Gunny
30-08-05, 15:06
MAke sure you don't forget to db people first then.

RogerRamjet
30-08-05, 15:06
Hmmm. Shame the RoG got nerfed bad, it was excellent on NC1.

Bugs Gunny
30-08-05, 15:08
If your pe is ready lemme know, i got a one slot rog i cap, i'll duel you on bugs hunny for kicks. I'll even fraps it so we can laugh at it later.

RogerRamjet
30-08-05, 15:10
lol, sweet. I was considering making a new PE, and joining FETISH. Think his problem will be he's still living in the 80s (NC1).

All we need is a mullet hair style.

[TgR]KILLER
30-08-05, 15:10
Hmmm. Shame the RoG got nerfed bad, it was excellent on NC1.

it was overpowerd in nc1 you meen.. damn still remember when kramer went from pe to rog setup. sucked.. for me that is :p couldn't win lol.

RogerRamjet
30-08-05, 15:12
Its tl 98, it certainly doesnt seem like tl98 now.

Bugs Gunny
30-08-05, 15:16
Clanning only happens when all members of our self-helpgroup unanimously vote in favour. So you'll need 4 votes to get in.
Sexual favours don't count btw :-)

But you won't be able to wear the NCPD pa when you go FETISH, as they are protopharm.

RogerRamjet
30-08-05, 15:17
Clanning only happens when all members of our self-helpgroup unanimously vote in favour. So you'll need 4 votes to get in.
Sexual favours don't count btw :-)

But you won't be able to wear the NCPD pa when you go FETISH, as they are protopharm.

Hmm. Feck.

Well, i can still look the part just by using a RoG.

sultana
30-08-05, 15:23
Hmm. Feck.

Well, i can still look the part just by using a RoG.
RoG does look cool, though it hardly does any more (if at all) damage then the pe. I remember duelling kayne with it on my pe. And well, he'd keep taking damageblockers and just destroy me cause I was doing no damage :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
30-08-05, 15:24
You could always use the EPR and just look sexy

RogerRamjet
30-08-05, 15:28
It does less damage than a PE, i tested it on my spy.

EPR?

sultana
30-08-05, 15:31
Enhanced Plasma Rifle

Or you could just go straight for a First Love :D

Though yeah, EPR does look cool.

Dargeshaad
30-08-05, 15:43
RoG does look cool, though it hardly does any more (if at all) damage then the pe. I remember duelling kayne with it on my pe. And well, he'd keep taking damageblockers and just destroy me cause I was doing no damage :rolleyes:
I don't know with you, but I got no problem killing people with my TSU (TL75 mind you) even without db....if you think the RoG sucks then try the RoLH it's even worse (considering it's TL 108) :lol:

RogerRamjet
30-08-05, 15:46
Hmm, perhaps KK should redo the raygun weapons.

giga191
30-08-05, 17:01
tg need a really sexy camo type suit as their epic run. fawking nades....

imper1um
30-08-05, 17:04
"Look, it's a Lego man!"

That's what I think about when I see someone in NCPD Armor :/

landofcake
30-08-05, 17:10
Cardboard Box Man !!!

Selendor
30-08-05, 17:40
Ah, the mighty Copbot PA, how I love it so...

Get yourself a Pain Easer, and go cleanse the streets - now thats Neocron 1 style - CA troops defending the city (well, Pepper Park and NCPD).

It was the armour of choice for all City Admin BPA (Before Power Armour).

RogerRamjet
30-08-05, 19:13
Toaster man.

sultana
31-08-05, 05:28
I don't know with you, but I got no problem killing people with my TSU (TL75 mind you) even without db....if you think the RoG sucks then try the RoLH it's even worse (considering it's TL 108) :lol:
Depends how their resists are specced though. Sometimes you'll just do no damage with a pain easer/tsu when they're not dbed. Unless you just nail headshot after headshot. But eh, I don't do that.

And yeah, the Ray Weapons need a boost of some sort.

QuakCow
31-08-05, 05:54
i love my copbot pa, its currently the best piece of armor my pe can wear and it gives me a better feeling about helping people while wearing it :wtf:

MrTrip
31-08-05, 06:40
Notes from people exploring into files in NC, found that the NCPD PA actually gave bonuses like Tank PA1, but was taken out....deno why...would have made the armor useful.

Toaster armor, yes, in NC1 on Saturn I ran around P2 screaming for somebody to put toast in me :lol:

I gave the armor away to a CA noob, he loved it :rolleyes:

Mr Kot
31-08-05, 13:06
If you want to be the laughing stock of the server, sure go around pvping with a rog......I dunno, i was dropping tanks the other day in NF with a blacksun.

Yes, it's a pistol.

Yes, it has no swirly.

Yes, it can still PK ur ass if used correctly.

Of course if your victim is sheltered in any way, it's more hard work and a Judge would do the job in less time, but there's some sense of achievement in dropping people without rares, PA or drugs.

Dargeshaad
31-08-05, 13:41
but there's some sense of achievement in dropping people without rares, PA or drugs.
TSU rifle 4tw....it's even lower TL than blacksun ;)

Riddle
31-08-05, 13:48
I think the CA PA should have better resist setup and maybe a higher requirement then the epic would be worth the effort ;)

Would be cool if all CA could use the armour as a viable altenative to the Power armour later on then CA players would really stand out.

In fact give all factions a PA of their own and whilst we're at it Clan PA :D

Dargeshaad
31-08-05, 13:54
I think the CA PA should have better resist setup and maybe a higher requirement then the epic would be worth the effort ;)

Would be cool if all CA could use the armour as a viable altenative to the Power armour later on then CA players would really stand out.

In fact give all factions a PA of their own and whilst we're at it Clan PA :D
It's just so damn ugly it's undescribeable, I don't see why it can't be an exact copy of the CopBot or STORMbot armor....now that would have been cool and it would fit into the role of CA upholding the law in NC

Riddle
31-08-05, 13:57
It's just so damn ugly it's undescribeable, I don't see why it can't be an exact copy of the CopBot or STORMbot armor....now that would have been cool and it would fit into the role of CA upholding the law in NC

S.T.O.R.M. Bot for sure!!

Man I'd move to CA to wear that sizeable peice of armour! :D

Kierz
31-08-05, 14:09
NPCD PA just looks perfect for being able to paint, give us some paint and lets have some fun KK =[

Dribble Joy
31-08-05, 14:19
They should change the CAPA to look like a copbot, and make a new version (same stats) looking like a stormbot a a VERY high lvl faction reward.

The old one could be a bootleg copbot suit for antis :p.

Speedball
31-08-05, 15:00
rog is a normal weapon, not a nerfed weapon. All the PE use the HL because its actualy bugged :rolleyes:

sultana
31-08-05, 15:14
rog is a normal weapon, not a nerfed weapon. All the PE use the HL because its actualy bugged :rolleyes:
How is it bugged? Only the issue with the invisible beam when your not looking directly at the shooter is the bugged part.

RoG does the same (if not less) damage then a pain easer. How can it be a normal weapon in that state?

Speedball
31-08-05, 15:17
How is it bugged? Only the issue with the invisible beam when your not looking directly at the shooter is the bugged part.

Ok, i think "laggy" is better than bugged. The damages from this weapons are not fixed.
And you can ask everyone you know that compared a hl to other weapons. :rolleyes:

RogerRamjet
31-08-05, 15:17
Its does considerably less damage than it did in NC1, and the PE actually outdamages it.

What happens with the HL is that the damage effectively stacks, or lags, so that all at once like 200 hp will pop off.

HL spies unite!

Speedball
31-08-05, 15:18
Its does considerably less damage than it did in NC1, and the PE actually outdamages it.

Ok i admit, perhaps RoG is not that "normal", but other weapons have to be fixed before this one.

RogerRamjet
31-08-05, 15:20
If the RoG was fixed i think youd see a new line of PEs, away from the cookie cutter setup.

Dargeshaad
31-08-05, 15:30
If the RoG was fixed i think youd see a new line of PEs, away from the cookie cutter setup.
I want to see Redeemer PEs!!

RogerRamjet
31-08-05, 15:36
lol, i remember when i first got a redeemer, and tried to pvp with it.

Worst moment ever.

Torq
31-08-05, 16:08
hey!!! Redeemer is damn coool...................

fot hunting WBs -.-

Obsidian X
31-08-05, 18:56
Isn't the NCPD PA deliberately made to look crappy so that players wearing it are not confused with GMs? (That said GMs often seem to wear a fetching Copbot Body/S.T.O.R.M bot head combo a lot of the time). Now S.T.O.R.M bot PA, that would pwn, and I'd definitely consider going CA to wear it. :cool:

Vae Victis
31-08-05, 19:14
RoG is oldskool, KK should boost it :D
low-tl TC rares for rifle suck, we've got the redeemer, the freezer rifle (cant remember name) and RoG, all 3 suck.
looking at the pistol..
RoLH (afaik it pwnz, at least it did in nc1) and the Judge (still pwnz)

boost the rifles, they're supposed to do more dmg than pistols

MrTrip
31-08-05, 20:48
Isn't the NCPD PA deliberately made to look crappy so that players wearing it are not confused with GMs? (That said GMs often seem to wear a fetching Copbot Body/S.T.O.R.M bot head combo a lot of the time). Now S.T.O.R.M bot PA, that would pwn, and I'd definitely consider going CA to wear it. :cool:

In the first weeks of NCPD pa, it looked like a copbot, it was then nerfed down to a rust bucket version because of confusion with GMs, yes you are correct.

I would wear it if it wasnt so god damn ugly, if it did look like a storm bot, or even if it wasnt an ugly color.

Selendor
31-08-05, 22:08
In the first weeks of NCPD pa, it looked like a copbot, it was then nerfed down to a rust bucket version because of confusion with GMs, yes you are correct.

Thats weird, my clan had the first people wearing it on Saturn, and it was always that colour. Unless it was deployed first on another server?

Dribble Joy
31-08-05, 22:30
Same here on Uranus, I remember people in J01 crawded around this girl who had it.

Definitely mud colour.

Jolt
31-08-05, 23:25
On the test server it looked more like a copbot when it was first released, then someone posted on the forums that it could cause confusion and it was changed a couple times untill it looked like its current appearance.

Toxen
31-08-05, 23:56
Hmm. now that the GM's have new models I wonder if we could get it turned back to more copbotish armour.

MrTrip
01-09-05, 07:05
On the test server it looked more like a copbot when it was first released, then someone posted on the forums that it could cause confusion and it was changed a couple times untill it looked like its current appearance.

Very true.

I had an original version, it was pretty awesome, but I got confused with being a GM so much. :( Then it was changed...

Hmm. now that the GM's have new models I wonder if we could get it turned back to more copbotish armour.

What do the new GM models look like?

QuakCow
01-09-05, 09:22
i stand by my belief ncpd pa should be have red accents

Original monk
01-09-05, 09:34
i stand by my belief ncpd pa should be have red accents

hehe, would be nice yeah

about the healing light and the rog ... the rog pwnd in NC1 yah, certainly from up close ... my riflerspy didnt even touch one in NC2 yet so i wouldnt know what it does now lol

tough i know in NC1 the healing light was great allready, especially for fighting tanks in PP ... noone used it altough it did great damage ... then KK boosted the gun by 50% cause everyone was saying it was underpowerd (not that i noticed cause tanks dropped atleast as fast with it lol) but yah ... after the boost it was truelly a very powerfull weapon

still everyone told before the boost that it was sucky while it was great allready !

Bugs Gunny
01-09-05, 09:55
I want to see Redeemer PEs!!

For your pleasure i will go to crp tonight with my redeemer :-)
I'll also do a run with the enhanced plasma rifle for kicks.

And as for speedball's comment on the hl being overpowered. I've done dammagetesting with HL and ravager. Same dammage.
What scares people about the healing light is the lagdammage and the invisible beam. It's great for killing stealthusers as the lagdammage will get them right before they stealth. It'll be like :"Oh nice 60 health left, time to stealth..... dead"

Speedball
01-09-05, 11:18
And as for speedball's comment on the hl being overpowered. I've done dammagetesting with HL and ravager. Same dammage.

Dont compare tank and PE's weapons. If they do same dmg, its already too much. Tell me the resists from a tank, and the resist from a PE. Tell me how well a PE can move with a HL, and tell me how a tank moves with a rava. Tell me how much shots a rava can shoot in a clip, and how much a PE with hl can shoot in a clip.
Ok i don't want to enter in another debate. If you not agree with what i said here, just say that you don't agree...( :p )

Dargeshaad
01-09-05, 11:20
Dont compare tank and PE's weapons. If they do same dmg, its already too much. Tell me the resists from a tank, and the resist from a PE. Tell me how well a PE can move with a HL, and tell me how a tank moves with a rava. Tell me how much shots a rava can shoot in a clip, and how much a PE with hl can shoot in a clip.
Ok i don't want to enter in another debate. If you not agree with what i said here, just say that you don't agree...( :p )
Considering HL is 10 TL higher than Rav then it seems quite ok to me they do the same dmg, only problem is the ultra low clip size of cannons which makes the HL so much better than the Rav

Bugs Gunny
01-09-05, 11:39
Compare the CS to a FL. The FL will do a lot more dammage.
Besides you speak of tank and pe con.
Make me a pe setup with a near capped HL that can stand toe to toe and fire his hl at a well setup ravager tank and live.
The pe will die most of the times.
He will surely die to a tank that uses a dev-rav combo.

Speedball
01-09-05, 11:53
Besides you speak of tank and pe con.
Make me a pe setup with a near capped HL that can stand toe to toe and fire his hl at a well setup ravager tank and live.
The pe will die most of the times.
He will surely die to a tank that uses a dev-rav combo.

I dont think that a PE dies in 8 or nine shots of ravager.... a tank does it with HL. Shelt for teh win :rolleyes:

Dev is a joke, you go backward, you hit the legs, bye.

and btw i only play with CS, not rava.

Original monk
01-09-05, 12:37

http://users.telenet.be/original/38.jpg

http://users.telenet.be/original/39.jpg

taken from http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=121746&page=1&pp=30

Dargeshaad
01-09-05, 12:55
That was true untill they boosted the CS dmg somewhere in the beginning of NC2

Bugs Gunny
01-09-05, 13:09
My HL pe will drop to less than 8 shots from a ravager.
It's inherent to deximped techcombat pes that they have spy resists and a bit more health than a spy.

You can't say "a pe will die to..." since there's as much difference between a lowtech or hc pe and a hightech highdex one as a spy and a tank.

I like pes so much because on average they suck, but when pushed to the limit they can be like tanks or spies. They can't do it all as good as the tank or spy, but then again they will cap in a few days, where a tank or spy takes forever.

As for the CA epic pa, it's just pure fun to wear. My obliterator using hacknet spy runs around in it, and he drugs for a tl55 plasma cannon. He is often mistaken for a tank due to his combat rank (from inside hacknet).

RogerRamjet
01-09-05, 13:43
You can cap a spy in 2 days in the swamp caves.

Starting with capping psi off BPs of course :D

Id love to see the RoG get a boost, id certainly make a PE, since ive wanted one for so long but the only way to have a decent one is to drug to the eye balls or go lotech TSU rifle or something. Being able to use normal imps and no drugs would be great.

Dargeshaad
01-09-05, 14:17
Being able to use normal imps and no drugs would be great.
You can do that and use a Judge/RoG pretty well

Bugs Gunny
01-09-05, 14:23
If you're not on drugs, you're not realy living my friend :-)

RogerRamjet
01-09-05, 14:30
You can do that and use a Judge/RoG pretty well

You gotta use PA though :(

If you use a moveon anyway.

Original monk
01-09-05, 14:34
If you're not on drugs, you're not realy living my friend :-)

but if you take to much of em you aint gonna be living at all :)

Vae Victis
01-09-05, 22:36
but if you take to much of em you aint gonna be living at all :)
crackwhore

sultana
02-09-05, 07:19
crackwhore
That's the Sydney Opera House in your sig right? :wtf: eh whatever.

I had a decent enough setup on Crunchy before I found out about drugs. Using a lib, then a judge when I got a SA. Though the second you take a nightspider, your defense jumps that much it's insane. :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
02-09-05, 08:55
Ever since i discovered drugs my pvp skills jumped up by about 100%.
I keep telling my buddies to start using drugs on their spies and pes. Unless you're a sniper or lowtech pe (and even then) you don't stand a chance against someone who stays erect after he dies.

(no asurmen that was not aimed at you)

Riddle
02-09-05, 13:25
You can cap a spy in 2 days in the swamp caves.

Dude is that 2 days like 48hrs solid play ?? What bloody weapon are you using?

I been going caves on and off for several months putting in some solid runs and hours of gameplay and still not capped my pistol spy (slasher), i find it hard to believe it takes only 2 days tbh :wtf:

RogerRamjet
02-09-05, 13:46
Dude is that 2 days like 48hrs solid play ?? What bloody weapon are you using?

I been going caves on and off for several months putting in some solid runs and hours of gameplay and still not capped my pistol spy (slasher), i find it hard to believe it takes only 2 days tbh :wtf:

Find someone who lives in Australia. You play all day, when you go to bed, the Aussie logs on, plays all day, he goes to bed you log on etc :D

Dribble Joy
02-09-05, 13:49
Given PPU support and all the right weapons remade of sufficient quality, it's been shown that it's possible to cap a tank in about 12 hours.

So 2 days seems reasonable for a spy.

Bugs Gunny
02-09-05, 14:02
The freakiest thing is you can probably do it solo too.

Just plan ahead, get all the weapons you need, get poisonbelts and a lot of dexdrugs, a moveon chip a good heal and a lot of green dragon drugs.
Start off by running tl150 missions till you cap psi.
Spec rhinodriving and some repair and level with a gunner till dex is around 75 natural.
Then spec around 50 health and all the rest in poison resist.
Drug up constantly to get to the highest possible techcombat pistol or rifle.
Go swampcaving till your ears bleed.
Spec a little in recycle and go to the shaman room, harvest him for hours on end.

Other option is to go droning in the graves.
But then you'll have to overcap a lot to compensate for a LOT of loming.

You can cap a pe solo in 9-10 hours like this (if you skip the rhinothing). You won't cap con though.

Riddle
02-09-05, 14:02
Find someone who lives in Australia. You play all day, when you go to bed, the Aussie logs on, plays all day, he goes to bed you log on etc :D

True power leveling :D may aswell pay a korean :p

bugs...Thought Res missions are no longer wokable to cap psi :confused:

RogerRamjet
02-09-05, 14:05
Like people have said, being prepared with weapons is handy.

I had all the weapons from my old rifle spy :D

Original monk
02-09-05, 14:43
True power leveling :D may aswell pay a korean :p

give em enough food and drinks tough

sultana
02-09-05, 16:11
You know, I did most of the levelling on that character, Rev just got him up to like 75-80 or dex :rolleyes:

Vae Victis
02-09-05, 17:38
You know, I did most of the levelling on that character, Rev just got him up to like 75-80 or dex :rolleyes:next time crunchy, you should enter Temptation Bullshi.. erm Island Australia as a single.
you, 11 other dudes, and 4 ladies who already have a boyfriends.. it's heaven for you :D
*cough* rl *cough* ;)

giga191
02-09-05, 21:01
Hmm. now that the GM's have new models I wonder if we could get it turned back to more copbotish armour. what do the new models looks like?

Speedball
02-09-05, 21:08
red colored copbot armors, for some GM's. normal colored armors for other GM's. On pandore they are some "fantasys" like a pussy with a moustache :lol:

CMaster
02-09-05, 21:31
Nope, they look like Mr Jones (and a female equivilant for female GMs) Unfortunaltley, they are bugged. (Red copbots have been around forever)

Speedball
02-09-05, 23:55
Red copbots ARE still walking around.

giga191
03-09-05, 00:41
i usually die in the swamp caves, dunno how you would solo the shaman and all his friends

eprodigy
03-09-05, 00:53
a couple swamp caves dont have shaman and they have the protective water. easy to solo... one at jankins is like that for sure.

if my pe didnt have such very low negative symp with CA id go there and try a NCPD pa setup for sure.. think i have a few of the pa's lying around

Prom_STar
03-09-05, 02:02
For a PE, there isn't any armor with better resists than NCPD PA. Unless you're specifically looking for POR (viper king, then) or FIR (Titan then), NCPD PA is the way to go, if you're CA. The only reason i can think of for a CA PE not to use the PA (aside from asthetic displeasure....personally i enjoy running around as an eight foot tall toaster/lego-man) is if you use rifles or pistols. The resists are just better with the PA. In fact the only other armors with comparable force, piercing, and energy resists are the highest level tank PAs (3 and 4 i believe).

sultana
03-09-05, 05:19
i usually die in the swamp caves, dunno how you would solo the shaman and all his friends
I like to refer to it as poison resist.

Prom_STar
03-09-05, 05:27
I like to refer to it as poison resist.

Also known as green dragon =)

RogerRamjet
03-09-05, 13:10
50 base poison, FH1, BR2, poison belt.

Solo till capped. LOM Con, and pwn :P

Vae Victis
03-09-05, 18:31
haz3, fh2 and poison belt, enough tbh.
cant wait till my account is active, then PK :(
(seriously, I meant RP in stead of PK, honest!)

Prom_STar
03-09-05, 18:46
What's FH?

RogerRamjet
03-09-05, 18:47
Filter heart.

Vae Victis
03-09-05, 19:10
What's FH?female hormones

ROZZER187
03-09-05, 19:57
fluffy hat
omg spam
closed?? N??

Tratos
03-09-05, 19:59
What's FH?

Filter Heart

LiL T
03-09-05, 20:37
Ive heard rumours that the energy resist that the PA gives doesnt actually work, anyone know if this is true?

/Edit. Did the RoG get nerfed too?

Sorry I did not read the whole thread but about the RoG, I don't really know but when I used the blacksun which is non rare I could totaly own people with it. I hear from people that ray pistols got nerfed ... since when ? I never saw a patch recently with ray pistols have had there damage reduced, maybe a few year ago when the blacksun and ROLH truly were overpowered.. But I fought a PE who was using a RoG against me and he did next to no damage, he was using it wrong thats why, you need to be point blank to your target to do the max damage.

I was thinking about using a blacksun again recently, too see if it had changed but the last time I used it I would stay point blank to the target and it rate of fire and constant damage kills them. It does non locational and constant damage what ever the hit points and would be great if used right

/edit APU's go down so fast to the blacksun/rolh ^^ its aiming is so easy too *point and click*

/edit 2 These weapons are a bitch to use against a melee user because you really do need to be crouching next to your target sniffing his crotch = bad for your health

Prom_STar
04-09-05, 07:21
Filter Heart

I should've known that.

sultana
04-09-05, 12:45
The point with the RoG, is that it does no damage unless your at point blank range. It didn't used to be like that and really shouldn't be that way. Yes, it should do the most damage at close range, but it shoudn't do next to no damage the second you move away from it.