PDA

View Full Version : Hurlerking

Kallima
30-08-05, 08:04
Holy crap. Ok people, this thing scared the crap outta me.
I was expecting a normal butchee with a crown on its head.. but wow..
The thing spawns while your still talking to it, and my PPU went down for the count in 5 punches while your still talking to the damn stone. I managed to take 1 picture before my legs broke and had to run.. into a DoY Bot and died.. o_O
(Oh yeah, for those who kept calling Trismo a hybrid.. IN YER FACE. :P)

MrTrip
30-08-05, 08:19
I made it brighter for you...and I always wondered what that thing looked like....

:p

[TgR]KILLER
30-08-05, 11:37
things not that hard tbh :p was there on my ppu and a apu.. first time the apu died i went to get my sc and when i came back it despawned so meh try again.

second time the apu died right away as you said it spawned while she was talking to the stone. lured the hurlers and butchee's away casted my sc and rezzed the apu from behind the mountain from there on it was piss easy.. heal sanct heal and s/d and the nades do fuck all just keep your distance. it went down like a stone ^^.

NONpk
30-08-05, 13:52
Or take a tank with a gunner and drive around the hurler king :P

[TgR]KILLER
30-08-05, 13:54
Or take a tank with a gunner and drive around the hurler king :P

i had my ppu's reveller out there.. as soon as they spawned it basicly blew up lol.

giga191
30-08-05, 14:06
i've done the mission 5 times on my own. come on guys, it's not that hard :p

NONpk
30-08-05, 14:16
KILLER']i had my ppu's reveller out there.. as soon as they spawned it basicly blew up lol.

It only works if you have a spy driver who can use stealth. Park the tank with the gunner far away and call the hurlerking in stealth mode and run back to the tank :angel:

zii
30-08-05, 22:28
This mission is as easy as cooking porridge without a hangover. Soloed this thrice so far. Just run around with a ranged weapon. M-C tanks should have some problems :D

Obsidian X
31-08-05, 02:10
I take it you can only do this run once? (Not that anyone needs more than one set of WoC knuckles..)

Dribble Joy
31-08-05, 14:07
One issue is the fact that the mobs despawn after a set time, but since you only need to do enough dmg for a regular mission kill, it's actually quite easy.

Milksh@ke
31-08-05, 21:23
*pokes dribble joy*

/runs http://flux-core.org/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/crown.gif

paolo escobar
01-09-05, 05:06
Very easy, just keep moving.

Solo'd the king and his body guards on a lowtech pe.

Its great first time round for the WTF factor :)

And u can do it more then once, but why you would want too is beyond me.

Sanctity
01-09-05, 06:56
Where do you launch this quest by the way?

Freaky Fryd
01-09-05, 08:57
Only did it once and on my rifle spy.
Didn't get hit once by the king, and only 2 times by it's minions...
Stealth 3 and ranged weapons make it easy.

Original monk
01-09-05, 09:16
Where do you launch this quest by the way?

was it J_16 ? the zone under the doyexit ... you are looking for a greenish stone between mountains/hills ... you will see 2 flames/fires when you are there

in the zone you need to be at the east ... about the middle of the zone

most end up at the cereslabs in that zone ... from there its yust a 2 minute walk towards the southeast

good luck runner ! :p

Kallima
01-09-05, 10:55
Well I don't know but I feel like helping.

You go from the stone. Talk to it.
To the Hurlerking Keeper (to the NW?) in a tower.
Then just outside Tech Haven. Then back to the keeper.
Then back to the stone..

Then enjoy. :p

SnowCrash
01-09-05, 13:45
Good to see that you enjoy this quest :)

Original monk
01-09-05, 14:07
its a fun quest yeah ! :)

but euh kallima dont give away to much he :D

(on a sidenote, anyone knows where to start the herbalis mission ? if it works allready that is)

CMaster
01-09-05, 14:33
Outside PP HQ is an NPC. I believe htere is one near BD HQ as well.
Oh and at Snow - its OK, but it feels a little short. Theres certainly no huge sense of achevieement like you get from the xrossbow quest (although I don't mind losing the farminbg part of that one). Care to give us any hints to whats next?

Original monk
01-09-05, 14:38
Outside PP HQ is an NPC. I believe htere is one near BD HQ as well.
Oh and at Snow - its OK, but it feels a little short. Theres certainly no huge sense of achevieement like you get from the xrossbow quest (although I don't mind losing the farminbg part of that one). Care to give us any hints to whats next?

ok thanx !

and on a sidenote: not all missions have to take hours and hours to be fun hé :) take for example the tiki mission, i was like: darn now i have to get this guys "tiki" back and i was allready prepared for the worst lol, who knows what/who i will meet :)

second note: thanx for the immediate response again when i needed that colorcommand cmaster, every few times i need it again but now i wont forget nomore ! :P

Sanctity
01-09-05, 14:52
Did the quest, but when I was "speaking" to the stone the second time, the spawn insta-killed me (capped PE with blessed def and sh) and my combat chaincraft o_O

Original monk
01-09-05, 14:56
Did the quest, but when I was "speaking" to the stone the second time, the spawn insta-killed me (capped PE with blessed def and sh) and my combat chaincraft o_O

yeah i tought you would know this, its been told alot allready on the forums (also in the first post in this thread)

you need a ppu who can rezz you (distract the hurlers with a souly)

or you need a decent stealth so they wont spot you when they spawn

CMaster
01-09-05, 15:33
All I did was click through the convo really fast and press back straight away.