PDA

View Full Version : idea for resist psi

Mechanicus
29-08-05, 21:48
have it give a % chance to completely resist the effects of any negetive effect spell, capped at a 30% chance (so say, 60 resist psi gives a 30% chance which is where it caps)

this would boost non monk classes at opp wars as monks wouldnt be able to afford to spec enough to be effective so maybe we'd see a bit more variety (and apu/ppu teams wont be as dominating, tanks would take more damage from psis and dish out more as their weapons cant be resisted, while apus would still be important for killing ppus as they have antibuff and will still dish out a lot more to most people), tanks who rely on ppu buffs for opp wars could have 47, spys could have 60 and use the tank spell lineup, PEs could have 60 and use the spy spell lineup (including shelter and db with 1 psi imp)

i know it would never happen but eh, it sounds cool and viable

Jipz
29-08-05, 22:11
bad idea o_O

Dribble Joy
29-08-05, 22:17
Egads no.

Mechanicus
29-08-05, 22:39
any comments on why it is?

Transformer
29-08-05, 22:55
stop trying to merge WoW with NC! if anything, psi resist should increase resistance against Psi attack 1 and 2 and change those spells to some kind of PSI Damage.

numb
29-08-05, 23:09
They have something similar in AO, but it's slightly more complicated, because certain spells are much more effective against the Nano Resist skill and the calculations are based around your skill level in nano spells (I cant remember AO skills properly!).

It would make being a PE a bit more of a pain in the arse if you fail your Damage Boosts (considering you already stand the chance of fizzling anyway).

I think it is a very drastic change that would completely change the current mechanics of PvP and potentially put the balance of certain classes out of wack (the PE for instance).

Mechanicus
29-08-05, 23:30
stop trying to merge WoW with NC! if anything, psi resist should increase resistance against Psi attack 1 and 2 and change those spells to some kind of PSI Damage.

ive never played WoW so i dont know what your talking about

i dont think it would unbalance anything much (maybe it would unbalance tanks), would definately lead to some more interesting opp fights, remember that spys/pes with would take more damage from non monks because of less % on shelter/deflector, so they would finally get the boost in performance from ppu buffs they deserve

MrTrip
30-08-05, 05:37
I think resist psi should resist the negative effects...but thats all...damage boosting, and shocking....and such.

I also agree with your avatar. :D And I have adopted it. O_o

calim
30-08-05, 10:55
Please, can you explain with details on what Resist Psi actually acts ?

giga191
30-08-05, 10:59
more elves plz

Bugs Gunny
30-08-05, 11:07
And who would actualy be able to spec points in resist psi????

I suggest we get a subskill called resist spy. My tradeskiller is too sexy for most people, it needs nerfing tbh....

[TgR]KILLER
30-08-05, 11:18
i know what they should do withr resist psi just remove it lol. no class can afford to spec in it if pe's spec it they lose dmg on their spells and psi pool same for all other classes.. and tanks lol they get 10 psi they can hardly use their heal effectively they can't spec it @ all.

Original monk
30-08-05, 12:14
more elves plz

cooked elves, fried elves, baked elves, elves with onion and a spicy sauce, marinated and grilled/BBQed elves .. otherwise elves in a wok with summer vegetables or yust raw elves cut in pieces of 1 square centimeter (great for infront of the TV) or my favourite: elveheadstew :)

delicious, darn i get hungry talking about it :)

Mechanicus
30-08-05, 12:46
KILLER']i know what they should do withr resist psi just remove it lol. no class can afford to spec in it if pe's spec it they lose dmg on their spells and psi pool same for all other classes.. and tanks lol they get 10 psi they can hardly use their heal effectively they can't spec it @ all.

PEs could, tanks and spys who were setup for opp fighting could

Bugs Gunny
30-08-05, 12:48
Looks lik someone is in need of a link to the skillmanager.

ArthurDent2k
30-08-05, 12:57
Please, can you explain with details on what Resist Psi actually acts ?

As it is it does absolutely nothing. There's a reference to it in the Skill Explanation : Outdated Skill, DO NOT USE *g*

Nullvoid
30-08-05, 13:22
With the current state of the game, ie: people pushing their chars to the very limit of tweaked setups, I don't believe a complete overhaul for resist psi could be of any use to us. Giving up the ability to fight solo(spies) or weakening your abilities(PE) purely to get a 30% chance of negating any dmg boost/paralysis spell just doesn't strike me as being a worthwhile trade-off.

The effect would have to be far greater to be worth speccing. Let's say 1 point of resist psi giving a 1% chance of dmg boost/paralysis spells failing to cast on you. 100 being the obvious cap. A tank could reach 47, spies 73, PE 99, monks obviously 100. Even still, the benefit is hardly great is it.

Affecting the entire apu line of spells only seems a bit harsh so perhaps all foreign-cast spells, including heals/shelters etc. That way, you can beef your resist psi right up, making you super resistant to apu's, yet at the same time you're sacrificing ppu aid, making you super weak to normal weaponry. Even more unlikely to happen, but interesting no?

Riddle
30-08-05, 13:30
Resist PSI - Don't spec it
Resist PSI - KK remove it

You have resists to spec for the damage caused by psi modules, fire, energy etc.

You can't implement a resist for the whole spell that would ruin this game.

Out of all the weapons in game you could only spec to avoid a psi blast??
What about resist CS or resist Judge??

seriously, your talking a click and point skill there. WOW anyone?

Bugs Gunny
30-08-05, 13:35
The whole thing should have been made invisible in the F5 window at the start of NC2 anyway.

sultana
30-08-05, 13:41
Though who wants to be solely setup for op fighting? I mean, monks don't have to change anything to be setup for op fighting, why should every class have to gimp their psi (which affects them alot) just to combat monks.

Mechanicus
30-08-05, 17:52
because its optional, they dont HAVE to, they just can if they WANT to

Mechanicus
30-08-05, 17:54
With the current state of the game, ie: people pushing their chars to the very limit of tweaked setups, I don't believe a complete overhaul for resist psi could be of any use to us. Giving up the ability to fight solo(spies) or weakening your abilities(PE) purely to get a 30% chance of negating any dmg boost/paralysis spell just doesn't strike me as being a worthwhile trade-off.

The effect would have to be far greater to be worth speccing. Let's say 1 point of resist psi giving a 1% chance of dmg boost/paralysis spells failing to cast on you. 100 being the obvious cap. A tank could reach 47, spies 73, PE 99, monks obviously 100. Even still, the benefit is hardly great is it.

Affecting the entire apu line of spells only seems a bit harsh so perhaps all foreign-cast spells, including heals/shelters etc. That way, you can beef your resist psi right up, making you super resistant to apu's, yet at the same time you're sacrificing ppu aid, making you super weak to normal weaponry. Even more unlikely to happen, but interesting no?

nah 30% is a BIG % when you think about it, for every 2 hls 1 will be resisted, CS or slasher would EASILY outdamage that

[TgR]KILLER
30-08-05, 17:58

i got a pe and i'll tell ya i can't put enuff psi resist in to make it worth anything. maybe with pure psu no wep lore in int or something lol.

and yea tanks and spies with pure resist in psi for op fighting maybe but imho there aren't enuff op fights to gimp a char to hell so it can only op fight.

Zeninja
30-08-05, 18:40
Facts :

- Resist Psi skill is unused
- Psi Shield is the joke

Suggestion :

Psi Shield effect, which is totally useless as it acts for the moment (2 Pob hits on a holy psi shielded monk = -300 mana = can't cast any more spell for seconds = death), could depend on how much points you invested in Resist Psi skill.

Changes :

Then, a monk with some psi resists would take great advantage of casting himself a Psi Shield (TL40) or Holy Psi Shield (TL95). Pes would enjoy it too, since their "regular" resists would compensate for a lower Resist Psi potential and low TL of the first available Psi Shield (they able to cast it with a nightspider). Spies, Tanks and pure Apus could'nt take advantage of Resist Psi skill since Psi Shield is self cast only, to prevent uber pputeam-oriented full Resist Psi templates.

Forecast :

But, I'm afraid this could make monks (especially apu based hybrids) more powerful than they already are, and would involve more changes to the game next. For example, Psi Shield effect (which is concerning every type of damage atm) shall be restricted to apu-type damages only, if I follow your will of making tanks a little more powerful than apus in OP fights.

hegemon
30-08-05, 18:55
This is basically an attempt to make monks even more powerful. The only class that could spec it without hurting too much is a monk.

Dribble Joy
30-08-05, 18:59
Whenever I see a 'resist psi' idea thread I want to hurt small children.

In a bad way.

For the good of the kiddies, just stop it...

Mechanicus
30-08-05, 21:48
This is basically an attempt to make monks even more powerful. The only class that could spec it without hurting too much is a monk.

*rofl*

Asurmen Spec Op
30-08-05, 22:47
any comments on why it is?
because, it could only make the PPU situation worse, if I need to explain then go get a skill manager

Glok
30-08-05, 22:50
cooked elves, fried elves, baked elves, elves with onion and a spicy sauce, marinated and grilled/BBQed elves .. otherwise elves in a wok with summer vegetables or yust raw elves cut in pieces of 1 square centimeter (great for infront of the TV) or my favourite: elveheadstew :)

delicious, darn i get hungry talking about it :)I've been laughing at that for 5 minutes now. You fucker. :wtf:

:angel:

Mechanicus
30-08-05, 23:38
because, it could only make the PPU situation worse, if I need to explain then go get a skill manager

define what "the ppu situation" is, because im pretty damn sure "the ppu situation" is that they give too big a boost to other runners, and not that their unkillable, if a ppu specs 60 resist psi then hes not going to cap his spells, meaning he give less of a boost to other runners, thus this could technically help "the ppu situation"

though, whats the point of speccing it on a ppu?
you can already survive enough, and capping your spells is more important than taking a little less damage

Asurmen Spec Op
30-08-05, 23:49
define what "the ppu situation" is, because im pretty damn sure "the ppu situation" is that they give too big a boost to other runners, and not that their unkillable, if a ppu specs 60 resist psi then hes not going to cap his spells, meaning he give less of a boost to other runners, thus this could technically help "the ppu situation"

you can already survive enough, and capping your spells is more important than taking a little less damage
Show me a tank that could heal
a spy that could heal
a PE that could heal.
They wouldnt exist, they would just get ppus, and thered be even less players with real skill

Dribble Joy
31-08-05, 01:35
Frankly, that's a bit.. well.. how to put this... bias?

Aside from the fact that using a ppu doesn't equate a lack of skill necessarily, even with a ppu-butt-plug, noone is going to ditch their psi powers completely for resist psi.

Asurmen Spec Op
31-08-05, 05:36
Frankly, that's a bit.. well.. how to put this... bias?

Aside from the fact that using a ppu doesn't equate a lack of skill necessarily, even with a ppu-butt-plug, noone is going to ditch their psi powers completely for resist psi.
tanks would

imper1um
31-08-05, 05:59
How about resist PSI reduces how much effect that Parashock has on you, capped at 75%?

Also Resist PSI would have the effect on Anti-Shield, Anti-Deflector, Anti-Heal and Anti-Buff. It would make the 4 Anti Quadtro instead of destroying the buffs, it would reduce the amount of time that S, D, and Heal last on the person it is cast on. Capped amount would be only 40% loss of time for Capped non-Holy AntiBuffs, 60% loss of time for Capped Holy AntiBuffs.

In other words, if you cast a capped Holy AntiBuff on a player with Capped Resist PSI, and their Shelter normally lasts 100 seconds [HYPOTHETICAL], and it has been on for 20 seconds, the remaining time is now 20 seconds. 100 initial time, minus 20 seconds from how long the Shelter is online, minus 60 seconds from the 60% that AntiBuff would reduce, so 20 seconds left.

Now for the equation side, Capped Damage on a Anti would be 100%, instead of 276%. So, if Damage is 50% on a AntiBuff, it would be 50% of the amount that it would reduce, so if it was at 50% of a Holy AntiBuff, it would only be 30% loss on the time.

Imper1um

Zeninja
31-08-05, 06:30
50 resist psi points = 10 ppu points for a ppu who specced 100++ in ppu ; not to mention Psi Resistor implants (btw, are they still available with nc2 ?). PA2 gives +12 ppu. As soon as I suppose people knows how to get satisfying stats on their spells without using a PA, they know how to spec resist psi keeping the same ppu skill only sacrifying piercing/force/agility.

Your question is : they already are resistant enough, why would they need Resist Psi ?

noone is going to ditch their psi powers completely for resist psi.
I own two accounts = 6 free slots on Terra. Leveling a tank dedicated to kicking monks ass using a hightech canon would'nt bother me that much. Or maybe a "Psi Fighter" Pe (Neocron 2 manual, 6.3.1). I love the idea of reducing para/db effect too (see imper1um last post).

Ok I know this won't happen, because KK needs to implement cigarettes in implant window (F3) first. Perhaps you're right, and we shall face reality, together, in peace and harmony :

love love love love love love love love love love love monks in all kinds and sizes, i eat monk i sleep monk i drink monk i breath monk

my precious jewelry is all capped (xcept int, im no macroman you see) and on the terra server

monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks monks

MrTrip
31-08-05, 06:45
I guess Resist Psi does a little...I specced a monk to full resist psi, had a buddy hit me with an HL, and I took SLIGHTLY less damage... O_o This was on test server btw....I wouldnt ruin a monk on retail.

hegemon
31-08-05, 08:33

Go get a skill manager. If a ppu specs 60 resist psi, he lowers his ppu skill by 20. This can be compensated by switching one single implant (at least on my setup that caps everything and has a moveon, the moveon is just a luxury item, I don't really need it). And even if you don't cap your shelter, you're still not hurting. At worst, we'll see less pokers because more ppus will go with pure psi use to compensate.

Same for apu. You might minimally lower the frequency on your HAB, but you can live with that.

Let's see other classes.

Spy - If you're a sheltering spy (and most real combat spies are), you have exactly 4 points slack in psi. So you can at most put 4 points into resist psi without losing the ability to survive on your own.

Tank - no slack at all. You can choose to be dependent on a ppu or not spec any resist psi. You won't cap a tl3 heal either way.

PE - you might spec a few points, but then you won't cap your tl10 heal.

Koshinn
31-08-05, 09:11

delicious, darn i get hungry talking about it :)

LoL, that reminds me of LotR and potatoes. And Bubba from Forest Gump and his shrimp.

How about... psi resist reduces ALL psi spells. Heals, shields, parashocks, damage boosts, and all attack spells. Even antibuffs would have a chance of just not working.

Hegemon, I don't think any PEs cap tl10 heal unless they drug for the psi glove, but even then?

Original monk
31-08-05, 09:19
Whenever I see a 'resist psi' idea thread I want to hurt small children.

In a bad way.

For the good of the kiddies, just stop it...

poor children didnt do anything wrong to this community, leave em alone ! (except the few who managed to get an account on there mom's visa :D )

on a sidenote: why is it that you have to have a license for everything you can imagine except for raising children ? you need to have a license to drive a car .. you need a diploma for a job .. you even need a license if you wonna travel further then youre own country (visa) but you dont need a license to raise a kid wich is probably the hardest thing there is on this world lol

anyways

GLOK: jiga started it !

Dargeshaad
31-08-05, 09:46
I guess Resist Psi does a little...I specced a monk to full resist psi, had a buddy hit me with an HL, and I took SLIGHTLY less damage... o_O This was on test server btw....I wouldnt ruin a monk on retail.
Right....testing with a random dmg weapon, how insightful.

Hegemon, I don't think any PEs cap tl10 heal unless they drug for the psi glove, but even then?
Since when did PSU/Mana (which is what the glove give) affect the dmg% on spells? Aside from that I get 540% on my non-ultimated TL10 heal, I'm sure if it was ultimated I could cap it, but not if I would have to spec psi resist.

Hey I get a better idea, balance PPUs and remove parashock

Riddle
31-08-05, 10:55
I say again remove the bloody thing from the skill bar!!

Its no longer used like exoctic psi use is no longer used!

Creating a Resist against a singular form of weapon is in principal shite.

Is there a resist heavy? or melee? NO!
we spec the resist for the damage those weapons cause not the bloody weapon.

I think they should just hide it like they hid the shades, cigs box. In fact fuck all this resist psi shit and gimme my ciggy and shades for me PE who definately does not need a PSI resist nerf. :D

Koshinn
31-08-05, 12:00
Since when did PSU/Mana (which is what the glove give) affect the dmg% on spells?
Dunno? I'd suspect though that people drugging to use the glove would sacrifice ppw for more ppu to get higher %s and/or take advantage of higher tl psi spells.

sultana
31-08-05, 14:50
I own two accounts = 6 free slots on Terra. Leveling a tank dedicated to kicking monks ass using a hightech canon would'nt bother me that much. Or maybe a "Psi Fighter" Pe (Neocron 2 manual, 6.3.1). I love the idea of reducing para/db effect too (see imper1um last post).
You don't have to create characters to fight tanks, who can only fight tanks. Nor pe's or spies. While if someone specs enough psi resist for it to actually be effective, it immediately gimps them verse any other class other then a monk 1 on 1. Not to mention to be able to spec enough psi resist for it to actually be useful, the said pe or spy will probably lose the ability to shelter themselves basically negating any advantage they previously had.

And let's not bring "if the <insert class here> had a ppu then they would be effective", because we are trying to reduce the need for ppu's on the battlefield, not increase it.

RogerRamjet
31-08-05, 14:56
tanks would

Yeh, you know much they all love to regain 500HP through medkits :rolleyes:

Dargeshaad
31-08-05, 15:05
Yeh, you know much they all love to regain 500HP through medkits :rolleyes:
Well can't you just get a PPU to heal you? :lol:

RogerRamjet
31-08-05, 15:11
Resist psi would resistz0r the heal.

Surely.

sultana
31-08-05, 15:11
Imagine fighting a pe with just medkits as a tank :rolleyes: Argh whenever I play on my tank he constantly has his heal on.

Resist psi would resistz0r the heal.

Surely.
I can see tanks becoming overpowered overnight once this patch hits :lol:

Zeninja
31-08-05, 19:21
Is there a resist heavy? or melee? NO!
No there isn't, because melee and heavy damages are caused using WEAPONS, whereas an apu is manipulating your mind to inflict you damages. But this is just a point of view (mine in this case), and it's yours considering Psi Spells as simple weapons like 9mm pistols or rocket launchers.

I'm using psi resistance IRL not to buy a car each time I see one in an advertisement on TV. Cause I'm really Steady Mentally and I will resist those agressive thoughts they're trying to put in my mind. I'm a little far away from our game here, but maybe not that much ?

And let's not bring "if the <insert class here> had a ppu then they would be effective", because we are trying to reduce the need for ppu's on the battlefield, not increase it.
Not really... I'm just trying to prevent our noobs spending all their savings in lome pills that day they learn they should have specced those 75 Resist Psi points in Ppu/Mst/Ppw :lol:

Btw, I bet any ideas and suggestions in this thread have been already written and written (ask Dribble Joy ^^) in several anterior threads : nothing has changed yet. Are they waiting for someone to suggest something affordable (thought mine about Psi Shield effect was interesting...) or, are they going to remove that useless skill one day ?

And I'd like tanks to be the overpowered class instead of Psis, if any overpowered class has to be. Aren't they supposed to be the canon fodders of NC ?

Asurmen Spec Op
31-08-05, 20:27
When I asked nidhogg a few months ago he said that they werent going to impliment resist PSI, it really just need removing and if implimented it would just gimp PVP, we dont need MORE dependancies on PPUs, this is skill based and should stay that way.

MrTrip
31-08-05, 20:46
Right....testing with a random dmg weapon, how insightful.

And you were there?

On top of the HL, were many other psi attacks, between me with a full resist psi, and another monk with no resist psi.

If you were not there ;) don't judge.

Obsidian X
31-08-05, 21:06
You could make a 127/127 mob that drops complete MC5 parts - the condition being that its the only creature in the game that does PSI damage, making it deadly hard to survive and kill it (no protection from pure PSI = ouch) :lol:

Btw thats a joke, Resist PSI is archaic and has no purpose in NC anymore. Trash it. :rolleyes:

Tostino
31-08-05, 21:51
Trash it. There is no way to spec it in any combat setup other then a Tank or Monk.

eprodigy
01-09-05, 01:47
remove..

Lifewaster
01-09-05, 08:08
If it ever did get implemented it should be moved it to con. Thats where defensive setups are supposed to be managed from, so the con classes should get the advantage not the monks.

Also if should only resist stuff like para ,db, truesight , etc as has been said we already get resists for the other forms of spell damage.

Freaky Fryd
01-09-05, 08:55
remove resist psi

sultana
01-09-05, 08:58
No there isn't, because melee and heavy damages are caused using WEAPONS, whereas an apu is manipulating your mind to inflict you damages. But this is just a point of view (mine in this case), and it's yours considering Psi Spells as simple weapons like 9mm pistols or rocket launchers.
As far as I know holy lighting shoots a beam of energy from the sky that hits you. :rolleyes:

And yeah, I would like to see the Psi Resist Skill completely removed from the game so people won't accidentally spec it.

Obsidian X
01-09-05, 14:37
My ancient NC1 PE that I transferred to NC2, but haven't got round to using, still has resist PSI specced on him (first char) :P

Dargeshaad
01-09-05, 14:38
My ancient NC1 PE that I transferred to NC2, but haven't got round to using, still has resist PSI specced on him (first char) :P
Post a screenie of him so we can all laugh at you :p

Comie
01-09-05, 16:05
Sadly there has been a bajillion brainport threads/posts about resist PSI and how it could be used to combat Monks etc.

Just by typing Resist PSI on the advanced search brought up 17 different threads, all basically saying the same thing some more advanced than others but all essentially saying the same thing, even i myself made a brain port thread with examples etc.

Here are a few of the Resist PSI threads:

[BRAINPORT] - Resist PSI... the cure for monk-o-cron (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=80021)
Resist PSI has potential in a paralyzed world. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=71293&highlight=Resist+PSI)
Resist Psi (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=78594&highlight=Resist+PSI)
Psi Resist (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=79282&highlight=Resist+PSI)
Psi resistance (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=79095&highlight=Resist+PSI)
Monks- Balancing und Psi Resist (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=73097&highlight=Resist+PSI).

funny how the community has come to the same conclusions yet KK havent...

It would fix the dependant on monks, it would mean that monks (PPU's espically) wouldnt have that big an effect on the OP scene as alot of their spells would be resisted... and so on and so on

Obsidian X
01-09-05, 16:09
Sadly there has been a bajillion brainport threads/posts about resist PSI and how it could be used to combat Monks etc.

It would fix the dependant on monks, it would mean that monks (PPU's espically) wouldnt have that big an effect on the OP scene as alot of their spells would be resisted... and so on and so on

I have to disagree there Comie, I think Resist PSI would gimp too many runners, far negating the little benefit it might have had aganist Para, DB etc. Resist PSI, PSI resistor chips and other such relics are merely vestiges of a time thats long gone and isn't coming back, just throw them away. ;)

Glok
01-09-05, 16:15
To the people saying 'onoz gimpage!', what do you do under dex? Hmmm agility or rifle/pistol? Man I wish I could drive a hovertek. I hate running out of ammo... you get the idea. Or in the old days of specialization for tanks, when every point should go into HC, but you want that resist force also. Or monks trying to determine how to balance their skills under psi, hmmm more PPU or more PPW?

I'm not saying that the skill shouldn't be dropped, it is a dinosaur skill... just want to point out that gimpage isn't really an argument against it.

Tostino
01-09-05, 18:31
To the people saying 'onoz gimpage!', what do you do under dex? Hmmm agility or rifle/pistol? Man I wish I could drive a hovertek. I hate running out of ammo... you get the idea. Or in the old days of specialization for tanks, when every point should go into HC, but you want that resist force also. Or monks trying to determine how to balance their skills under psi, hmmm more PPU or more PPW?

I'm not saying that the skill shouldn't be dropped, it is a dinosaur skill... just want to point out that gimpage isn't really an argument against it.
Yes it is. The other skills you mentioned do not effect the ammount of damage you will take. A monk could spec 50-60 resist psi without lowering his effectiveness (i'm not sure if thats how you spell it :p) but any other class will completely fuck him self over if they go for resist psi.

ROZZER187
01-09-05, 18:55
Looks lik someone is in need of a link to the skillmanager.

took the words out of my mouth m8 :lol:
NO AT RESIST PSI TBH BAD IDEA
CAPS <3
a random thought by meh

it gives monks an advantage over the other classes, no im not anti monk either i have 2 monks.

Glok
02-09-05, 05:46
I'm wondering something. If resist psi was made to work in some suitable way, then couldn't PEs become the ultimate monk hunters? Full resist psi specced PEs would be indispensable at OP wars.

Just a thought.

edit: I'm thinking of an HC PE, lots of hack and a bit of wep lore, and full resist psi. Damn. I would make that char. :p

sultana
02-09-05, 07:16
I'm wondering something. If resist psi was made to work in some suitable way, then couldn't PEs become the ultimate monk hunters? Full resist psi specced PEs would be indispensable at OP wars.

Just a thought.

edit: I'm thinking of an HC PE, lots of hack and a bit of wep lore, and full resist psi. Damn. I would make that char. :p
Kinda Sorta.

The fact still remains that a pe probably won't be killing a monk any time soon (especially at an op war). And with fully specced psi resist they wouldn't be able to nib buff. Not to mention this pe is now totally reliant on a ppu to keep it alive.

Glok
02-09-05, 07:24
They would totally be able to nib buff, 7PPU 3MST, omg nib deflector and heal, speedgat teh PPU, evil. Also this guy would have oodles of dex points for whatever, rhino and reveller run & gun.