PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] WoC Item for Tradeskillers

Jake Cutter
29-08-05, 04:03
Came up with this idea for a Wisdom of Ceres item for tradeskillers...

Ceres Polytech Machina Glove

+5 to INT and DEX
+20 to Research, Construction, Implant, Recycle, and Repair
+15 to Transport
-125 to Melee Combat, Heavy Combat, Pistol Combat, Rifle Combat, Remote Control

Thanks go to Richard Blade for coming up with the name.

Discuss...

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Tostino
29-08-05, 04:10
I would be up for somthing like that...

Asurmen Spec Op
29-08-05, 04:11
One issue is the quest to obtain said item, it would obviously be tradeskill.

But a quest for Tradeskillers would prolly involve somewhere that you could exploit a good item for xp :/

IceStorm
29-08-05, 05:18
260 million INT through tradeskilling?

Yeah, your char isn't being shared like a $2 whore amongst an entire clan...

Freaky Fryd
29-08-05, 05:48
I love it!

retr0n
29-08-05, 09:46
Everybody forgets the barter :p

Good idea.

Dribble Joy
29-08-05, 11:40
Again, I'll express my dislike for WoC based itemry.

Blausiegel
29-08-05, 12:09
Lil bit high stats, arent they? ;)
And the -stats on combat skills seem to be pretty useless since tradeskiling usually takes part in safezones.
That glove would make multiple tradeskilling too easy i think.
In my opinion WoC items should give noticeable bonuses but some tricky disadvantages as well (for example +20res/const/etc but the inability to build/ress/poke...items until tl 75. You are just too good for those dirty lowbiejobs :p ).
Havnt thought about tradeskill-woc that much but my opinion belongs to the whole woc thingy...

Regards
Blausiegel

Koshinn
29-08-05, 12:10
Again, I'll express my dislike for WoC based itemry.

here here. Anyone else see that PE Casaad that was using the xbow a couple days ago at CRP? 260 mil dex exp on a PE? That's insane.. but possible I guess.

And the -stats on combat skills seem to be pretty useless since tradeskiling usually takes part in safezones.
It's so you can't use the glove as a free +5 dex/int implant to use better weapons/armor. tl10 heal doesn't even require a psi glove so it could be viable.

CMaster
29-08-05, 12:16
I'd say that its a bit over[powered really. Our present WoC weapons aren't that much better than normal ones. We have to be careful to make WoC a reward, not a necessity.

msdong
29-08-05, 12:20

NO WAY

without any Skill requirements its just a tradeskiller Killer.
i dont have an good item idea right now but i dont like that glove.

mehirc
29-08-05, 12:30
With same INT/DEX-requirements like the normal gloves, there would be no problem. Or a simply spy only restriction.

I would love such a glove. :)

Freaky Fryd
29-08-05, 12:52
Everybody forgets the barter :p
Nah, the official statement is that they can't really release much/anything else that gives to Barter, otherwise it will be possible to buy then sell back for a profit.

As for those saying it needs a requirement, well seeing it was suggest as a WoC item, I think it's implied that it would require WoC +1 or higher, and probably in INT (seeing the tradeskills that are likely giving the most experience are research and construct)

It's not an overpowered item at all, seeing all that it really gives a tradeskiller is an extra +5 to INT or DEX and an extra +5 to the skill they're using at the time, on top eliminating the necessity for carrying 5 gloves.
(Each glove already gives +5 to INT or DEX, and +15 to the appropriate skill, plus the same transport as this suggest one)

LiL T
29-08-05, 13:16
Nah, the official statement is that they can't really release much/anything else that gives to Barter, otherwise it will be possible to buy then sell back for a profit.

As for those saying it needs a requirement, well seeing it was suggest as a WoC item, I think it's implied that it would require WoC +1 or higher, and probably in INT (seeing the tradeskills that are likely giving the most experience are research and construct)

It's not an overpowered item at all, seeing all that it really gives a tradeskiller is an extra +5 to INT or DEX and an extra +5 to the skill they're using at the time, on top eliminating the necessity for carrying 5 gloves.
(Each glove already gives +5 to INT or DEX, and +15 to the appropriate skill, plus the same transport as this suggest one)

Then they should make barter hard cap at some point, this would allow them to spec less barter and have a little more weapon lore or psi use etc.

Kozmos
29-08-05, 14:10
260 million INT through tradeskilling?

Yeah, your char isn't being shared like a $2 whore amongst an entire clan...

mine isnt and hes got woc int, hell hes halfway to woc 2

bubby
29-08-05, 19:23
Lil bit high stats, arent they? ;)
That glove would make multiple tradeskilling too easy i think.
In my opinion WoC items should give noticeable bonuses but some tricky disadvantages as well (for example +20res/const/etc but the inability to build/ress/poke...items until tl 75. You are just too good for those dirty lowbiejobs :p ).
Havnt thought about tradeskill-woc that much but my opinion belongs to the whole woc thingy...

Regards
Blausiegel
we need more options, there are very few tradeskillers, I cant even get a weapon made in TH for christs sake.

Give the new glove so they can do both I say.

Obsidian X
29-08-05, 19:28
I'd love to see this ingame. Tradeskilling is a dead art form anyway, nobody trusts anybody on Terra, theres never traders when you need them, and as a result most people do their own tradeskilling with alts. I think Hybrid tradeskillers are the way forward and with that in mind, bring on this multi skilled glove! :)

Castoff
29-08-05, 19:36

+5 to INT and DEX
+15 to Transport

Discuss...

Regards,
Jake Cutter

I like this and I would only add one thing + 20 to Barter :D That way if someone had a Constructor it would be viable to have decent Barter skill and save cash buying your supplies.

Sakletare
29-08-05, 19:46
I'd like to see a tradeskillers "PA" in the form of a suit as a WoC reward, it would be cool to look all business like.

Dribble Joy
29-08-05, 19:58
Everything has to be balanced at it's highest capacity, thus BRT would have to be adjusted if anything else came along with +BRT.

msdong
29-08-05, 20:09
.... Tradeskilling is a dead art form anyway, nobody trusts anybody on Terra,...

total wrong. im a TG Trader, and all the Pro Cities hand me cool stuff. ill guess the other anti traders dont have any trust problem too. if u see how "good" ppl tip i wonder why thy still dont fear to loose their stuff :)

so what do a trader really need ?

how about less recource consumption on lube and gel stuff ?
how about a cool workshop/lab appartment whith a trader inside that sell research or construct lube to Int WoC ppl?
a cool VHC that looks like a pickup or a van?
a mobile communicator to acccess the city term?
a new turret type

and so on

Galileo
29-08-05, 20:27
I'd love to see this ingame. Tradeskilling is a dead art form anyway, nobody trusts anybody on Terra, theres never traders when you need them, and as a result most people do their own tradeskilling with alts. I think Hybrid tradeskillers are the way forward and with that in mind, bring on this multi skilled glove! :)

I must respectfully disagree that t'skilling is dead and trust is low. I have worked for pro and anti alike; people handing me 4 slot hly heals to res and also full sets of Inq armour to res.

Also, look at Zhurks & Childs plying their trade and no-one distrusts them I believe - The latter was someone I always took my CST to and trusted him implicitly.

Back on topic; the glove is good because it's only a minor increase (+5) and removal of an annoyance (swapping gloves) - Remember you can't use 2 gloves so +20 = +5 really as you lose the +15 from the glove you normally wear.

Now - Can we get it so it does PSI AMP 1 too? Saves on having to self-buff and swap gloves too. I know, I'm lazy.

Argent
29-08-05, 20:32
Currently traders need customers, nothing else.

Just few days ago in euro evening time I sat 30mins at TH on my capped pure constructer, every now and then putting my add to the service channels (and couple times to NC trade), only to get exactly one nib customer during that time. That's really not too inspiring environment to play tradeskiller is it?

Big part of the problem is that most of the playerbase is already near-cap, and the market is filled with slighty used items, which can ba handed over to friends leveling new chars etc.

Mystic-Crusader
29-08-05, 23:08
I'd like to see a tradeskillers "PA" in the form of a suit as a WoC reward, it would be cool to look all business like.

nah just the glove would be ok. PA is 'armor' that is worn for fights. Even tho most ppl that wear it wear it 24/7.

Sakletare
29-08-05, 23:41
nah just the glove would be ok. PA is 'armor' that is worn for fights. Even tho most ppl that wear it wear it 24/7.
A WoC tradeskiller "PA" wouldn't have any armor effect of course.
Any bonuses to tradeskills is optional too, just looking cool and to be easily identified as a WoC tradeskiller would be enough for me.

Xeno LARD
30-08-05, 00:06
The barter you shit, the barter :(.

Nullvoid
30-08-05, 00:32
I like this and I would only add one thing + 20 to Barter :D That way if someone had a Constructor it would be viable to have decent Barter skill and save cash buying your supplies.

I'm building my tradeskiller towards 100 base cst/res/barter. He has capped stats on every non-rare I tried building thus far(tl 95 being the highest) and the one rare I used him for had 3 stats over 115%, the other above 110%. Buying wep parts 1-6 and building 7-9 from chems, he can make quite a large profit on literally every item he builds. Sure he probably gets a few more failures than your pure tradeskiller, and worse odds at slots...but the fact that he is pretty much self-sufficient makes it totally worthwhile. Surely he could be classed as viable?

5 more for the main tradeskills and another 20 barter aswell...hell yes we need this glove in the game :D

Dirus
30-08-05, 03:40

+5 to INT and DEX
+15 to Transport

Discuss...

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Can't be done.

Thats 13 Skill modifications on one Item, the limit is 8.

Mr Kot
30-08-05, 03:54
the limit is 8.Only way out of this is to ditch the negatives.

After all, a super-duper WoC item shouldn't have negs (like the hacknet imps and MC5s) and with a requirement of WoC INT +1, i cant see the glove being used by infiltrators / riggers / assassins for the DEX boost.

Thoughts on this?

garyu69
30-08-05, 04:05
I don't think it's really needed for someone who is a pure tradeskiller they get enough points in all skills to work effectively once capped. Maybe more in CST and RES would help, but its not deaperate. This is of course when you don't spec BRT.

Something like a mobile Gogo, or a big backpack would be nicer.

Scanner Darkly
30-08-05, 04:25
Voted 5

Even if only gave a +15 bonus in all those skills, it would still stop the annoying need to keep swapping gloves on a JOAT character...

Tostino
30-08-05, 04:26
I don't think it's really needed for someone who is a pure tradeskiller they get enough points in all skills to work effectively once capped. Maybe more in CST and RES would help, but its not deaperate. This is of course when you don't spec BRT.

Something like a mobile Gogo, or a big backpack would be nicer.
It's not the more points that it gives that I like. It's the fact that I don't need to switch gloves any more.

garyu69
30-08-05, 04:32
The changing doesn't bother me, Its not like I need to do more than one tradeskill at any one time.

And my quickbelt is sexy

Scanner Darkly
30-08-05, 05:24
Well on one character I poke ress and rep pretty much at the same time in TH.

Only problem with this being a woc item is that pure tradeskillers will have trouble reaching the level in dex or int (i expect this would be dex based)

Jake Cutter
30-08-05, 06:19
Can't be done.

Ok...lets see what we can come up with working within that limitation. Thanks for taking the time to check this out, Dirus.

Removing the combat skill nerfs would do the trick...but one has to wonder how this would be exploi..er abused.

Only problem with this being a woc item is that pure tradeskillers will have trouble reaching the level in dex or int (i expect this would be dex based)
Yeah thats a hell of a lot of TL150 CST or RES missions thats for sure. It's one of the reasons I thought something like this had to be special...if someone is going to put that much effort into a tradeskill character, they deserve some sort of reward.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

msdong
30-08-05, 08:43
as a few of the ppl before me say. a real trader dont need to swap gloves much.
it should called LazyGlove :)

€: btw, the current WoC items are no uber items, so dont expect one for INT

Riddle
30-08-05, 13:21
I find it hard to understand why the WOC items aren't fucking awsome FFS!

All that XP and for what?

We need items that are truly great!!

This glove idea go's part way there, anyone who's gonna do the massive Grind of XP needed deserves to be a TRUE hybrid and fully functional in both Research and Construction.

Doing WOC level 1 just for a "lazy glove" ain't gonna cut it for me.

As for the suggested PA for tradeskillerz I have always been for this even in other threads. Not a combat PA , maybe not even additional bonus just a requirement of the skill to wear it. Not WOC mind you I think this should be something like :-

PA 1 = 150 CST/RES etc.
PA 2 = 180 CST/RES etc.
PA 3 = 200 CST/RES etc.
PA 4 = Who the fuck needs this ;)

When I hand over an item to a lab coat wearing rep/cst, I know he has the base skill he's advertising! besides my cst would love a lab coat :angel:

sultana
30-08-05, 13:46
I find it hard to understand why the WOC items aren't fucking awsome FFS!

All that XP and for what?

We need items that are truly great!!
WoC was meant to be "something extra", not a "needed" item (for pvp, or whatever).

Riddle
30-08-05, 14:17
:D
WoC was meant to be "something extra", not a "needed" item (for pvp, or whatever).

I understand this, It would be unfair to give those hardcore gamers (myself excluded, casual player ;) ) amongst us an unfair advantage from an overpowered weapon.

However we need to balance the enormous amount of XP needed with a worthwhile reward.

finding a reward that is worthwhile and yet not unbalancing the game is the key.

Maybe we should aim to steer clear of WOC weapons and give the WOC holder an item of status. Such as a custom design PA or vehicle?

As for tradeskillers you can have 2 slots one RES char and one CST, my suggestion is that with WOC tradeskiller you could make the hybrid viable for both skillsets. Does this overpower them? They can only res or cst at any one time.

The glove is nice but not worth all the aggrevation and levelling tbh. I would like to see an item that increases the ability of a hybrid char, what that item could be can be suggested here ;)

sultana
30-08-05, 14:33
Well, the extra +5 to tradeskills is always nice.

Thing's that I would like to see with WoC levels for tradeskillers, is something along the lines of say, a guaranteed 1 slot for constructers on non-rares and say a slightly shorter research time for researcher, maybe a smaller chance to fail.

And of course, the glove is a great idea.

Can't be done.

It could say, remove the transport bonus and the combat negatives, then add -200 to energy resist or something (I figure energy being the most common damage type).

sultana
30-08-05, 14:37
bleh, double post.

That del/edit button is misleading :(

msdong
30-08-05, 16:02
here is another idea. how about removing all special ammo from the shops and recycle list and make it build by Traders with a WOC level :)

Argent
30-08-05, 19:13
here is another idea. how about removing all special ammo from the shops and recycle list and make it build by Traders with a WOC level :)

Oh my god! Sarcasm overload! Alert! Alert!

Dribble Joy
30-08-05, 20:41
However we need to balance the enormous amount of XP needed with a worthwhile reward.
No, we don't.
That's the point.

Ability beyond cap should be no more than that of cap, bar nice extras that don't affect the overall balance at all.

Ie. WoC should be completely irrelevant to balance, just a nice thing to have.

For instance, with WoC1 you use 5% less gel, or the chance of fail is reduce 5%.

Stat items and weapons will only serve to make WoC a necessity, and extend the lvling time to 'viability', something NC is not about.

THE_TICK!!!!
30-08-05, 21:03
well its a good idea...and im gonna throw my idea in as well :) a mini crytons in your home :) for woc 3 :) discounted prices by 15 percent and it comes in a vending machine style :) no npc's...kinda like a coke machine :) watcha think ?

Scanner Darkly
31-08-05, 16:36
I do tend to lean more towards some kind of futuro lab coat than to the glove - unless the glove had that effect...

Riddle
02-09-05, 13:20
oooo come on KK give us tradeskillerz a Lab coat :)

Dribble Joy
02-09-05, 13:45
A lab coat should be availiable as a clothing item really...

Back to the subject at had; a 'Lazyman' glove might be OK (one with +15 in the skills the other gloves give) as it wouldn't give any real advantage.

giga191
02-09-05, 14:40
they should get a second processor window

Argent
02-09-05, 16:09
Lab coat....

Implanter with bloody lab coat, that's where I'd go for pokes!