PDA

View Full Version : Counter strike source

nobby
29-08-05, 00:37
When i try to play on CS S, After it says "sending client Info" I suddenly get the windows error sound and the game closes.

I manged to get hold of the error message in a SS.

Please ignore the background.
I've asked on Steam forums a countless amount of times, to Nidhogg, dont close the thread and say "please ask on steam forums"...

This is really the last call i can do for help...

btw i've deleted the game and redownloaded it and it's not helped...

so please i need help.

Skusty
29-08-05, 15:01
Hmz0rz....i think its corrupt data or bad resulution for your gfxcard / monitor, got same problem on mothers computer about garrysmod. Try updating /reinstalling or change resolution ;)

Vae Victis
29-08-05, 18:08
I get this when I start steam:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4113/steamlogo7id.gif

no really.. this is what I get...
bastards :/

giga191
29-08-05, 18:23
http://media.putfile.com/FPS-doug

Vae Victis
29-08-05, 18:32
love the movie <3
seen the myg0t flash?
think everyone has seen it by now. that's funny :>

Skusty
29-08-05, 18:53
love the movie <3
seen the myg0t flash?
think everyone has seen it by now. that's funny :>
You mean the movie on www.pwned.nl ?

Vae Victis
29-08-05, 18:56
You mean the movie on www.pwned.nl (http://www.pwned.nl) ?Yeah :)
I've seen myg0t on #1 on some pure fy_iceland server

good movie, still makes me laugh

nobby
30-08-05, 21:05
I uninstalled steam, redowloaded and downloaded CS source...It did work, but not very well with my Omega drivers so i changed drivers to the newest Nvidia driver and I started getting the error again :(

WTF!

Xeno LARD
30-08-05, 23:51
I'd hazard a guess at it being your drivers then, time to flatten + re-install. Have fun. Remember: Piracy is a crime!

nobby
31-08-05, 00:11
What do you mean by that!

anyway...Just rolled back my drivers back to omega......Still doesn't bloody work, i'm not redownloading steam agian....bloody thing.

anyone got an answer?

Scarus
31-08-05, 04:02
Try running Half Life 2, quit, then run CS.
This happened to a friend of mine and that simple process solved it, so I suppose you could hope it'll do the same for you.

-Scarus

nobby
31-08-05, 12:46
downloaded HL2, played the 1st lvl, loaded up CS Source after...did the same again :(

m00!

Vae Victis
31-08-05, 18:18
hmm steam is actiing really gay, but if I posted that here it'd get removed..

Skusty
31-08-05, 21:19
hmm steam is actiing really gay, but if I posted that here it'd get removed..
Not as gay as the battlefield 2 browser sometimes or my isp, i need ZA to play bf2 o_O

Morganth
04-09-05, 15:15
If you reboot your PC and then play CS:S as the first game you run, I find that solves the problem. For some reason I can't play NC/WoW followed by CS:S or I get an error like this. However, my GFx card is on the blink, so it could be that.

nobby
05-09-05, 12:21
Would you class that as the first main program i run?

Morganth
05-09-05, 15:16
Would you class that as the first main program i run?

Well, I find that only other games interfere with CS:S, so once you are on your desktop, it needs to be the first game that you run I find. You can open up every Office program under the sun before running CS:S, and it shouldn't have any affect, for example.

Terayon
06-09-05, 01:09
Dont know why you didnt try the steam support page.

Your problem is listed here. (http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=278&p_created=1100821608&p_sid=fGzLgQOh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0yNzEmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N 2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1)

It happened to me to. Turned out it was somthing with my soundcard driver. Kind of complicated.

nobby
16-09-05, 13:51
hmm...I've done most of the problemo's....

Would sound max count as my sound card :p

Skusty
16-09-05, 14:09
I took this screen in CSS yesterday...
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1268/dominating8sq.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Ain't i uber? :D

nobby
25-09-05, 22:58
Do you think DOD Source will do the same?

Asurmen Spec Op
25-09-05, 23:20
I stoped playing DoD after it went retail, the HL mods usually get whored to all hell once they hit retail

Xian
26-09-05, 12:59
I stoped playing DoD after it went retail, the HL mods usually get whored to all hell once they hit retail

Source hasn't done that yet, just a huge portion of the players are god awful at it.

Asurmen Spec Op
26-09-05, 16:47
Source hasn't done that yet, just a huge portion of the players are god awful at it.
I was talking about HL1, once CS and DOD hit retail, they went to hell in days, I honestly will never take anyone who bought those seriously

Xian
26-09-05, 18:31
I was talking about HL1, once CS and DOD hit retail, they went to hell in days, I honestly will never take anyone who bought those seriously

CS went to all hell a little while before 1.4, at the least.

I played DoD a lot too, can't remember exactly what stopped me but I know it was some form of change in an update... they seemed to get rather fond of switching things around in the later days.

nobby
26-09-05, 20:54
ARRRGHHHH!
I managed to get a game of CS Source working...... which was pleasing...

Then after restarting my computer when ever i try HL2 deathmatch or CS S, instead of the memory read error, after I connect to a server, the screen sota goes black then says "HL2 has encounted an error and needs to close"

christ sake...what do i do now?

nobby
27-09-05, 12:23
ARRRGHHH!
DAY OF BLOODY DEFEAT DOES NOT WORK!

i'm gonna go and cry in the corner...

Skusty
27-09-05, 13:30
ARRRGHHH!
DAY OF BLOODY DEFEAT DOES NOT WORK!

i'm gonna go and cry in the corner...
Buy bf2! And throw steam away :p

nobby
27-09-05, 13:46
I got battle field 2...

Just got a bit bored of it...I need some new maps!

nobby
27-09-05, 14:03
Anyway, Doug on Steam forums made a special post saying that in the new Nvidea driver's update log it says "Fix for DOD S and CS S" or something along the lines (can't be arsed to go back and copy n' paste) so anyway, I can't wait to get out of this smelly school building and get home to shoot some ************ scum!

W00t!

Vae Victis
28-09-05, 17:28
I took this screen in CSS yesterday...

Ain't i uber? :D
If i were a 12 yr old CS Kiddy, Id have to say: WTF OMG HAX L33T BBQ OMG HAX!

but im not, so im gonna say: lucky :D

;)

thats why I hate CS so much, you kill a guy twice and your an aimbotter or a wallhaxxor... you just cant play in a server without ppl calling everyone a cheater.

nobby
29-09-05, 12:29
It was spyware that messed up my games!

Didn't get detected, thanks to valve, they finally fixed my problems!

WOOOOOOoooooooooooo

BTW
Day of defeat Source requires a lot of skill tbh!

Xian
29-09-05, 14:43
That screenshot = nothing special. Woo, you killed a few people on a quakemod public in a row. It's hardly like the majority of players in CSS are tough cookies to crack, is it.

thats why I hate CS so much, you kill a guy twice and your an aimbotter or a wallhaxxor... you just cant play in a server without ppl calling everyone a cheater.

You can, with hud_saytext 0. ;)

So what if you get called a cheater? Until you actually get banned it's pretty much an entire team throwing you compliments/admitting they know nothing due to their utter lack of skill.

After you start getting banned profusely it's pretty darn easy to find servers with admins that won't ban you, because they're not blind. And because your list has been narrowed down a little. ;)

Morganth
29-09-05, 15:06
I've been accussed of cheating far too many times than I can remember, and I take it as a compliment. On cs_compound I had 76 kills to 24 deaths (only a 3:1 ratio, but more than most people), and people asked me if I was a sharpshooter for the army as I was using a Scout :lol:

Got myself in a clan now, so I'll be putting my abilities to some use now.

Maui
29-09-05, 15:28
ye dod : s is the shit :P