PDA

View Full Version : The PPU Belt

Galileo
26-08-05, 17:04
I only have 10 slots :(

Can I get some help here on what to carry - I realise fully that trial and error is a friend, and its all down to the person; but I am forever swapping spells around. 1-10 are not necessarily the slots they are in.

PvE (solo) - Rarely do this anyway.

1. Shelter
2. Deflector
3. Heal
4. Heal Sanc
5. DB
6. MC Booster 3
7. Haz 3
8. Creature Focus TL93 (Generate)
9. Creature focus low-TL (targeting)
10. PSI Booster

No room for anything like Antidote or hack tool, but thats OK.

PvE (me+1 other - Usually a tank friend of mine)

1. Shelter
2. Deflector
3. Heal
4. Heal Sanc
5. DB
6. MC Booster 3 (for me)
7. Haz 3
8. H-C booster 3 (for him)
9. Resurrect
10. PSI Booster

No room again for Antidote, hack tool, support spell, Shelter sanc. Also, no room for more PSI boosters. I envy the APU's with a spell in #1 and 8 rows of PSI boosters :rolleyes:

PvP (not done it yet - will do soon I hope)

1. Shelter
2. Deflector
3. Heal
4. Heal Sanc
5. DB
6. MC Booster 3 (for me)
7. Anti-DB Sanc
8. H-C/R-C/P-C etc booster 3 (for team)
9. Resurrect
10. PSI Booster

No room again for Antidote, support spell, Shelter sanc. Lord alone knows what I'd do if I have a P-C and a H-C to support - Definitely no room for more booster 3's.

There is also probably a very important spell I'm missing here. Oh yes, anti-para (sanc?/group?), plus likely more than that.

How do you guys do it? Leave out the booster 3's and swap them in and out cos they last so long?

Any help wold be appreciated, however I understand some will want to keep theirs secret.

Cheers

Galileo

Riddle
26-08-05, 17:16
pssst....Don't carry rez in your quickbelt, will you ever be in a mad rush to use it? their already dead :p

You may get pwned without anti-Para or anti-DB in your belt unless your LE.

Suggest losing the heal sanc it sux for PvP.

As for the setup thats personal choice, Keep your 5 slotted PARA in slot 1 though ;)

Melkior
26-08-05, 17:18
1. Shelter
2. Deflector
3. Heal
4. Heal Sanc
5. DB
6. MC Booster 3 (for me)
7. Anti-DB Sanc
9. Resurrect
10. PSI Booster

Get rid of the booster 3s, they last long enough you can swap them out.
If you are in a position where you have time to rez, you will have time to take the few seconds to swap out the spell
There is no anti-DB sanc (as far as i know) - not played NC2 much, but i think they took out holy catharsis sanc

My belt on my ppu

heal
booster
booster
booster
heal sanc
shelt
deflector
DB
holy catharsis
holy paracock....er..shock

bear in mind however this was back in NC1, i have no idea how many of these spells still exist, or how useful they are now!

If you dont have a holy cath, use an antipara/antiDB instead.

Also, if you want to be evil in OP wars, keep a normal shelter in your belt...it works great for de-buffed enemy ppus, since obviously you can cast it far quicker than a PE, and usually slightly faster than they can cast their holy...just make sure you dont accidentally use it on yourself!!! =-P

Another thing i found very useful - keep your lvl3 buffs + rez in processor, that way they are easy to access, and you know exactly where they are, so you can quickly swap them out!

Riddle
26-08-05, 17:25
Thought there was....heh heh

Check out this link

Belt setups (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=118151&page=1&pp=15&highlight=PPU+belt+setup)

About every opinion you'll ever get on the belt :angel:

Obsidian X
26-08-05, 17:28
Another thing i found very useful - keep your lvl3 buffs + rez in processor, that way they are easy to access, and you know exactly where they are, so you can quickly swap them out!

Is it true that items in your processor don't drop into your quickbelt when you die..? Someone told me that once..

Riddle
26-08-05, 17:32
Is it true that items in your processor don't drop into your quickbelt when you die..? Someone told me that once..

If that was the case we'd store all our good shit in processor.

*quickly moves junk and replaces with all the good shit ;)

Darkana
26-08-05, 17:46
I would go with something like this probably:
shelter deflector heal sanct heal resist db antidb antishock antipoison psi booster

I don't have much experience with PvP, though. Para uses a lot of mana, it's slow and I don't like it at all. Same goes for Holy Cath, it's a nice effect-removal-tool, but really slow, besides it eats up tons of mana as well.

Of all the long-term buffs, the resist is the most important. Tanks, spies, PEs and whatever else should be doing good without the combat buffs; the only ones who may rely on it are hybrids. Melee and Spy buff help your runspeed, Melee increases your health a bit, too, but the resist buff does way more so and fills your CON setup holes.

As what gets into the safeslot is unclear, probably an ultimated 5 slot shelter :)

Having LE and all my standard setup looks a bit different. It lacks all the anti-xyz spells, but adds melee+spy. I have 2 slots for psi boosters then (which get used up very fast actually if I have to support a larger team). I tend to carry a number of more spells around, aside of the rez (never leave home without a rez spell! :cool: ).

Galileo
26-08-05, 17:50
Cool - Thanks all.

The link was especially useful Riddle, thanks.

I think, like some of the other posters in that thread, that I will steer clear of Para. This may put me at a disadvantage, but it just seems such a sticky subject and it does kinda (IMHO) stink to use it. If someone kills me, then they were better than me, period. I'm not about to stick him to the spot and not allow him to fight me/us just so I can win at a computer game.

However, the thread does mention people 'binding' keys (like binding 8 to Q and 9 to E). How do you do that then? Never saw THAT in the manual.

Cheers

Gal

Dargeshaad
26-08-05, 19:40
At the login screen under options

Mechanicus
26-08-05, 20:19
Cool - Thanks all.

The link was especially useful Riddle, thanks.

I think, like some of the other posters in that thread, that I will steer clear of Para. This may put me at a disadvantage, but it just seems such a sticky subject and it does kinda (IMHO) stink to use it. If someone kills me, then they were better than me, period. I'm not about to stick him to the spot and not allow him to fight me/us just so I can win at a computer game.

However, the thread does mention people 'binding' keys (like binding 8 to Q and 9 to E). How do you do that then? Never saw THAT in the manual.

Cheers

Gal

just use para and carry a holy anti-whiner sanctum in your belt

Tesee
27-08-05, 00:41
never forget to have a cron in one belt slot,
it is usefull when your sick reading:
res pls
ds pls
hl pls
total pls
hl ds buff pls
buff pls
:D

Zeninja
27-08-05, 07:43
Suggest losing the heal sanc it sux for PvP
On the contrary, I suggest you always have a heal sanctum in your QB, cause it's the only buff form that nobody could ever take you (don't forget that it only takes a few seconds for an ennemy to remove your defl/shelter/heal). But it's only useful in critical situations (taking flight to closest GR after your mates just got owned, rezzing under fire, short afk, etc).

Plus, concerning PVE, I have thought about commiting suicide several times when I see a bunch of 3 noob ppus in a chaos cave and not even one of them using a heal sanctum. You probably know that heal sanctum stacks with other people sanctums and regular heals, and I think a gain of almost 100 (approx 3 times 20-30 per ppu tick in this case) health points every couple of seconds is not what we should call an insignificant advantage, even when they got a pretty capped holy heals in QB too.

eprodigy
27-08-05, 08:17
I think, like some of the other posters in that thread, that I will steer clear of Para.
good.. you can ALMOST respect a ppu who doesnt use para. almost.

the one who just logs to his non-monk alt instead is the one i do.

sultana
27-08-05, 08:37
Unlike what other people have said, I suggest always keeping at least 2 primes in your belt (because I carry at least 2 :p ). While they do last 10 minutes, that's just for yourself, now sometimes you can be supporting a group of however many people, and primes will seem to just drop randomly. And when they do, it's really annoying to be constantly switching spells in and out of your quickbelt. At the very least, carry your health booster (haz/heat 3).

Also when creating a quickbelt setup, try and bind keys to the main spells you will use. For example, I use the keys "esdf" for movement, and I have my heal, shelter, deflector in slots 1, 2 and 3 respectively. So that way I have easy access to any of them, as they are the 3 main spells you will use (I also have heal bound to "w"). Whereas I had my Psi booster, Anti-Parashock and Holy Para (yeah, yeah :rolleyes: ) in slots 8, 9 and 10 respectively. But bound to keys v, g, and t so that I don't have to reach over to get them.

So here's my setup:

Heal (w)
Shelter
Deflector
Hazard 3
Melee 3
Damageboost
Nib Shelter (for guess what :rolleyes: )
Booster (v)
Anti-Paralyse (g)
Anti-Damageboost (t)

I've gotten sick of using Parashock, mainly cause I simple can't aim with it and usually miss, also it just detracts way to much from my supporting whoever.

edit: When I PvE, I replace the damageboost with a spy 3, replace the nib shelter with a heal sanctum and replace the anti-db with damageboost.

Mechanicus
27-08-05, 10:34
i use holy para just because i know people hate it, like when devs were overpowered, every tank who had one used it, they didnt go around saying "i dont use dev because its unfair and lame", same with para, its annoying, but effective, and just because my enemys dont like it is no justification to no use it (actually its rsupport in favour of using it)

sultana
27-08-05, 11:06
i use holy para just because i know people hate it, like when devs were overpowered, every tank who had one used it, they didnt go around saying "i dont use dev because its unfair and lame", same with para, its annoying, but effective, and just because my enemys dont like it is no justification to no use it (actually its rsupport in favour of using it)
Dev was overpowered in a way, it was more bugged then overpowered. And it's completely different to Holy Para. Dev was still outhealable with poison resist. It's just that noone had any poison resist, so they all complained.

Dargeshaad
27-08-05, 11:20
Also you could/can always get away from a Dev very easy....but g'luck getting away from a para spamming PPU unless you have an endless supply of anti-para and/or stealth

Mechanicus
27-08-05, 12:09
Dev was overpowered in a way, it was more bugged then overpowered. And it's completely different to Holy Para. Dev was still outhealable with poison resist. It's just that noone had any poison resist, so they all complained.

nah they put it in and it was ok (did less damage that CS if you had around 65 poison resist) then they messed with weapon damages and HC damage was ridiculously screwed up, CS would do 80-85 to someone who took 50 before and dev was just beyond a joke, i believe zoneseek and the cartel did some tests and it was still doing a ridiculously overpowered amount to someone with 114 poison (and they had good fire too)

and the only class that really gets screwed is the melee tank: apus, PEs, HC tanks and spys can all still hit at range (and dont tell me its too hard to aim with para on, it doesnt slow your rotate speed that much anymore and aiming is a joke these days), holy para only makes you a little easier to hit as paraed opponents do a little jumpy thing where they speed up and slow down, so that can screw your aim up, para seems a lot worse on the recieving end than it actually is

Speedball
27-08-05, 12:41
IPvP (not done it yet - will do soon I hope)

1. Shelter
2. Deflector
3. Heal
4. Heal Sanc
5. DB
6. MC Booster 3 (for me)
7. Anti-DB Sanc
9. Resurrect
10. PSI Booster

OMG how can you fight without para ? Your mates will never get the enemy without it :lol: (I experienced it :rolleyes: )

RogerRamjet
27-08-05, 13:37
When the Dev was first introduced it did pure direct poison damage, instead of stacking. My first encounter with one of those was certainly not funny.

sultana
27-08-05, 18:14
and the only class that really gets screwed is the melee tank: apus, PEs, HC tanks and spys can all still hit at range (and dont tell me its too hard to aim with para on, it doesnt slow your rotate speed that much anymore and aiming is a joke these days), holy para only makes you a little easier to hit as paraed opponents do a little jumpy thing where they speed up and slow down, so that can screw your aim up, para seems a lot worse on the recieving end than it actually is
It's hard to aim with a parashock on. Period.

And how does it not slow down mouse speed "that much anymore", afaik, the parashock hasn't been nerfed, and in fact, the last time they did change it, they boosted the thing. (Shocking/Turning Speed nerfage wise).

No, it's not worse on the recieving and then it actually is. You get parashocked and instead of being hit 40-50% of the time (or whatever), that jumps to 90%+ and your hit ratio drops down to something along the lines of 20-30% (or whatever).

eprodigy
27-08-05, 18:29
as soon as a ppu paras me, i know ive already won whether i die or not.

on second thought; whenever anyone even NEEDS a ppu to kill me alone ive already won.

RogerRamjet
27-08-05, 18:39
When i get parad, i instantly recognise a superior player and happily bow down to their terrible might.

Mechanicus
28-08-05, 00:26
as soon as a ppu paras me, i know ive already won whether i die or not.

on second thought; whenever anyone even NEEDS a ppu to kill me alone ive already won.

then your living in a fantasy world

eprodigy
28-08-05, 00:46
then your living in a fantasy world
para is a silent 'i know you are better, so i need to use lame tactics to win' message from the enemy. its why i dont care about para.

Mechanicus
28-08-05, 01:24
and stealth is a silent 'i know your better so i need to use lame tactics to survive' card from the enemy

you have 2 options:

adapt to whatever the game throws at you and have fun playing it

Or..

whine on forums, complain that you actually have to put a little effort into the game to compete and dont enjoy the game

i know which one i choose (though i do think antiparas shouldnt give drugflash, should have 3 uses and should be available at medicare

eprodigy
28-08-05, 01:27
or;

never log in anymore like all the intelligent people who've quit because of the stuff the game 'threw at them'.

Mechanicus
28-08-05, 01:29
i'd rather play and enjoy the game thanks, the people who quit the game and are done with it may be 'ecool' but the people who quit the game and all they do is post on the forums all day who are obviously not done with it and now have a large forum filled void in their life are definately not

Field-Medic
28-08-05, 01:37
shelter
deflector
antistun
heal
hazz
anti dmgboost
dmgboost
spy
melee
stun

eprodigy
28-08-05, 01:38
adapt to whatever the game throws at you and have fun playing it
ive adapted to what the game threw at me for.. years.. why shouldnt things be done to improve it. balancing PPUs for instance would improve the game. nerfing a spell that is just a tool for people who suck would improve the game. as far as im concerned stealth can go to; but i dont care about it since you cant WIN a fight with stealth only get away from one... it doesnt make people who suck good; which is exactly what PPUs are... for.

Mechanicus
28-08-05, 01:52
actually.. your 100% wrong, are you implying that everybody whos ever been in a team with a ppu sucks? are you implying that every ppu that uses holy para sucks even though their not even gonna be shooting at or casting on the paraed target?

there are plenty of proven great ppus that use para and plenty of proven great fighters that have fought alongside ppus (eg all of them) which pretty much kills your case of 'anyone who uses parea has no skillz'

Zeninja
28-08-05, 02:31
I am trying a new QB, after reading this thread and because I just capped dex (so no absolute need of spy booster 3 now) :

1 - Holy Heal
2 - Holy DB (there some kind of bug on my keyboard, that prevents me from pressing the "2" key while running, that helps with accidentally DBing my team mates when trying to heal or buff them in action ;))
3 - Holy Shelter
4 - Holy Deflector
5 - Melee 3
6 - Haz 3
7 - Free (depending on my instant needs : spy/cst/sup boosters, antipoison, apu/rc/pc/hc buffs, rez, noob buffs, antidb, db sanctum, remote imp & hack tool, etc. I even put a katana sometimes here :eek:)
8 - Holy Antipara (to stay alive)
9 - Holy Heal Sanctum (to stay alive a little bit more)
0 - Psi boosts (or same fonction as 7th slot sometimes, especially for PVE)

The 7th slot is always kept free when PVE, but for pvp I usually fill it with antipoison or antidb.

This may not suit a ppu using rares like holy para or a sweet 5 slot shelter, but the only good slotted spell I have is and always will be a holy heal.

Stayin alliiiiiiiiiiiiihiiiiiiiiihiiiiiiiihihihiiiiive. o_O

eprodigy
28-08-05, 02:43
actually.. your 100% wrong, are you implying that everybody whos ever been in a team with a ppu sucks? are you implying that every ppu that uses holy para sucks even though their not even gonna be shooting at or casting on the paraed target?

there are plenty of proven great ppus that use para and plenty of proven great fighters that have fought alongside ppus (eg all of them) which pretty much kills your case of 'anyone who uses parea has no skillz'
no i didnt mean that at all

only that it doesnt MATTER if they are good or not because they have the ppu.

Mechanicus
28-08-05, 02:51
and you'd expect to win a 2v1 against equally skilled non ppu opponents?

if you get a bad ppu/fighter combo you have a good chance of killing them, unless their like bad players with godly setups

eprodigy
28-08-05, 03:04
and you'd expect to win a 2v1 against equally skilled non ppu opponents?

if you get a bad ppu/fighter combo you have a good chance of killing them, unless their like bad players with godly setups
id have a better chance vs 2 players equally skilled (might even call it a 'fight', which is a word thats misused lately for things like op wars), not to mention it might even be slightly enjoyable as opposed to fighting a heal machine.

all it is that a PPUs boosts peoples ability far too much. and para simply means they need even less (no aim required!)

Mechanicus
28-08-05, 03:08
para has counters (other and better than antipara drugs), ppu and fighter is rightly more difficult as their intended to boost a team more than another fighter

eprodigy
28-08-05, 03:12
para has counters (other and better than antipara drugs), ppu and fighter is rightly more difficult as their intended to boost a team more than another fighter
i think its clear they were not intented to be, as we've seen from offical KK's posts (KK referred to it as the "PPU problem" as well). of course nothing will be change but its shown to not be intended so...

para may be. but thats another story. if you enjoy winning fights like that by all means. i just see no point to that sort of tactics, who wants to win like that :rolleyes:

Mechanicus
28-08-05, 03:16
people that just spam it non stop i look down on also, i think it should be used as a tactical tool and not a griefing tool

sultana
28-08-05, 10:16
people that just spam it non stop i look down on also, i think it should be used as a tactical tool and not a griefing tool
And I think it should be removed or at the very least:

21/min, 260 Mana Cost (Holy Antibuff)
If the player miss the person they are parashocking then they get parashocked themselves (i.e. same as a heal/shelter/deflector) - Tostinos' Idea
AntiPara Drugs having more uses (3+) and no drugflash.

So what will this do? It will actually stop it being spammed so much during fights. And possibly be used for (what I think might have been one of its original purposes) trying to stop people esacping/running away/stealthing away.

Speedball
28-08-05, 17:03
So what will this do? It will actually stop it being spammed so much during fights. And possibly be used for (what I think might have been one of its original purposes) trying to stop people esacping/running away/stealthing away.

Hahahahahaha :lol: :lol:

Sultana form TSC (or whatever your dre clan is named) says that ?

roflolol !! :lol: :lol:

During the fights vs your clan i always have to use the 2 anti para on my belt and always at least 2 in my inv during the fight. :D :lol:

Dargeshaad
28-08-05, 17:06
Poor you, I suggest you do as I do vs. PPUs....drive/stealth off....who can have respect for the lamest class in the game

Speedball
28-08-05, 17:09
Poor you, I suggest you do as I do vs. PPUs....drive/stealth off....who can have respect for the lamest class in the game

oh no i won't do that. Because if i always go back when i see a ppu on someone, i will never have a fight :)
And its always funny to see PPU's letting members of there team dying because they para / db too much :rolleyes:

RogerRamjet
28-08-05, 20:14
Speedball, if your in TRAUMA, you cant comment on anyones PPUing. Some APU/PPU team was trying to kill people in plaza 2, so i came with my apu and a ppu friend, killed the APU, anti buffed the PPU and killed him since we nib buffed him.

He dmed us saying "how did you do so much damage, i had a shelter on!"

:rolleyes:

Speedball
28-08-05, 20:26
Speedball, if your in TRAUMA, you cant comment on anyones PPUing. Some APU/PPU team was trying to kill people in plaza 2, so i came with my apu and a ppu friend, killed the APU, anti buffed the PPU and killed him since we nib buffed him.

He dmed us saying "how did you do so much damage, i had a shelter on!"

:rolleyes:

Trauma isn't a clan with much ppu, the only one i saw was a lvl 43... :p
I speak from extrem-ppu-ing that force people to always fight with ppu and to make para, para, more para, and even more para.
Btw don't talk too much about trauma, we have a lot of fresh xp-ed chars and all are lvl 40 - 57, so that's not extremly good conditions for pvp :p

Concerning me i will never fight with a ppu on my back, and i also refuse all the "buffs" craps from the allied ppu's ;)

ps : what was the ppu / apu names ? (from Trauma)

ps2: funny, if someone in my clan is once helped by a ppu i will never be able to speak about ppu-whore dudes.... kthxbye :rolleyes:

Dargeshaad
28-08-05, 21:13
so i came with my apu and a ppu friend

To the rescue.....HUZZAA

RogerRamjet
28-08-05, 21:14
The PPU was high enough not to die to an APU/PPU team.

ps2: funny, if someone in my clan is once helped by a ppu i will never be able to speak about ppu-whore dudes.... kthxbye

So youre saying because you dont like PPUs no one in your clan is assisted by them?

Zeninja
28-08-05, 21:14
And possibly be used for (what I think might have been one of its original purposes) trying to stop people esacping/running away/stealthing away.
And/Or, paralysing the right opponent at the right time, which means imho at the time he wouldn't have even thought you were about to para him, or worse, at the time he wouldn't have feared that much being paralysed by its opponent, instead of wasting your mana and time at trying to para every opponent while they're destroying your whole team who's desperatly awaiting for a simple damn heal.

I used to have an holy para on slot 1, I have no problem with people using it, but sorry I never met any skilled ppu/team using Holy Para more the 2 or 3 times in a fight row... maybe I wasn't playing on the right server those last two years (thanks to god ?).

Please show me how.

Dargeshaad
28-08-05, 21:17
...but sorry I never met any skilled ppu/team...
How can skill and PPU/team go hand in hand? O_o

RogerRamjet
28-08-05, 21:17
To the rescue.....HUZZAA

Well, my APU is the only clanned fighter ive got atm, and it gets the job done.

Speedball
28-08-05, 21:34
So youre saying because you dont like PPUs no one in your clan is assisted by them?
We have a play "style" and we don't have the play "style" from terra or mars, for example we can move our ass without a ppu and we do it. Most of the clan members dislike ppu and will not fight with them. (they will not ask for help)

RogerRamjet
28-08-05, 21:38
Well, if it was just an APU, i would have went on my spy or tank, but when they have a PPU also, may aswell even the odds.

Speedball
28-08-05, 21:40
Well, if it was just an APU, i would have went on my spy or tank, but when they have a PPU also, may aswell even the odds.

With this mentality, it will never ends. Bring a ppu to kill a ppu, and then they will bring even more ppu to kill the other ppu that came to kill the surnumbers ppu due to a large number of ppu.... :o

Dargeshaad
28-08-05, 21:42
With this mentality, it will never ends. Bring a ppu to kill a ppu, and then they will bring even more ppu to kill the other ppu that came to kill the surnumbers ppu due to a large number from ppu.... :o
Try getting that into the head of 99% of the NC users....most of them don't look further than their own nose

Mechanicus
28-08-05, 21:50
How can skill and PPU/team go hand in hand? O_o

keep kidding yourself

there have been a LOT of great apu/ppu or apu/tank teams (skuid/skuld, psychokiller/megaman, descent/ascention to name a few)

RogerRamjet
28-08-05, 21:53
Thing is, they have a PPU, and i dont, they win, if we both have a PPU, it becomes as fair as its gonna get with PPUs involved.

Dargeshaad
28-08-05, 22:35
keep kidding yourself

there have been a LOT of great apu/ppu or apu/tank teams (skuid/skuld, psychokiller/megaman, descent/ascention to name a few)
Yea and I'm sure they could kill 10+ people single handedly and do you think it has something to do with skill? No it's a little something called holy heal/s/d/para, you might play the ppu class well but you ain't fucking skilled in my eyes for playing the most unbalanced class in the game....thank you very fucking much

Speedball
28-08-05, 22:50
Yea and I'm sure they could kill 10+ people single handedly and do you think it has something to do with skill? No it's a little something called holy heal/s/d/para, you might play the ppu class well but you ain't fucking skilled in my eyes for playing the most unbalanced class in the game....thank you very fucking much

<3 Dageshaad <3

Its fucking true, by the fucking way. :o :p

Mechanicus
29-08-05, 00:35
(i meant ppu/tank teams)

sultana
29-08-05, 07:10
Hahahahahaha :lol: :lol:

Sultana form TSC (or whatever your dre clan is named) says that ?

roflolol !! :lol: :lol:

During the fights vs your clan i always have to use the 2 anti para on my belt and always at least 2 in my inv during the fight. :D :lol:
I can't speak for my clan. I never even said our clan doesn't use parashock.

During fights with any clan you need that many antiparashocks, no matter who you fight they'll always parashock you. Why? Because they can.

The only time I have ever fought anyone from pandore was outside the jobcenter. Where the odds were somewhat even and changing most of the time. I was on my ppu (was on my tank but there was an enemy ppu there, yeah ppu to combat ppu :rolleyes: ), though admittedly the other ppu was lower level then me.

Anyway the point is, I never parashocked anyone, I didn't even have it in my belt. Though this was because I didn't want to lose soulight, but whatever.

edit @ Zeninja: then you obviously haven't been to many op wars on terra. Where half the clans being more ppus then actual fighters just to parashock. I would love to someone destroy anyones team when they are constantly parashocked.

And I'm not just accusing other clans of this, whatever clan I've been in has done it aswell.

Speedball
29-08-05, 10:05
though admittedly the other ppu was lower level then me.

Hopped you mentionned he was only lvl 43 or 42, kickass ppuz0r ! :lol:

Speedball
29-08-05, 10:15
Anyway the point is, I never parashocked anyone, I didn't even have it in my belt. Though this was because I didn't want to lose soulight, but whatever.

Sorry, but you'r saying that you didn't parashock us ? (at CA HQ btw)
(I have to re-ask it maybe i missunderstood it)

sultana
29-08-05, 11:38
Hopped you mentionned he was only lvl 43 or 42, kickass ppuz0r ! :lol:
He was in pa2, I never bothered looking at his rank.

Sorry, but you'r saying that you didn't parashock us ? (at CA HQ btw)
(I have to re-ask it maybe i missunderstood it)

The only time I have ever fought anyone from pandore was outside the jobcenter.
Though I'm not the only one who plays my account. Though if someone has been like parashocking allies on my ppu, i'm gonna be pretty pissed if I lose soulight :rolleyes:

nabbl
29-08-05, 12:12
you dont gonna lose soullight when you freeze somebody...

youve to do at least 15% dmg to have a loss of soullight.

hf with freezin ^^

RogerRamjet
29-08-05, 12:52
Well, Speedball, i know the PPU was atleast above rank 50, so in PA2, and if he wants to PPU like that, its up to him, but the truth of the matter is, they started the combat, and lost.

Quite frankly, i usually dont para shock myself, but now im gonna polish it up, just for you ;)

ROZZER187
29-08-05, 13:02
from what ive seen, trauma start all the combat then loose :lol:
so far they have attacked blood, fct, and whats left of soldierz has also been attacked by your members.

as for the ppu been rank 40 something though he was in pa 2 o_O
he shouldn't have been so fuckin cocky and should leave pvp to people who can actually do it right

sultana
29-08-05, 13:03
you dont gonna lose soullight when you freeze somebody...

youve to do at least 15% dmg to have a loss of soullight.

hf with freezin ^^
Are you sure? Becuase afaik that only works with mobs or something. When I was Anticity at the start of nc2 (crahn glove for the win), I parashocked someone who was being killed for an epic (I needed a kill aswell, but he was too low rank for me, but I'd figure I'd try anyway). I lost soulight.

And at any rate, I'm going to stop using parashock :rolleyes:

Dargeshaad
29-08-05, 13:21
Check the latest patch notes (or was it the ones before) and you'll see it players to players now as well

Speedball
29-08-05, 16:18
He was in pa2, I never bothered looking at his rank.

Though I'm not the only one who plays my account. Though if someone has been like parashocking allies on my ppu, i'm gonna be pretty pissed if I lose soulight :rolleyes:

think my sl is positiv with all those clan wars ? I never fought an enemy on terra, or a few... :o

Speedball
29-08-05, 16:19
Quite frankly, i usually dont para shock myself, but now im gonna polish it up, just for you ;)

Funny, you all say that, but got always at least 4 para in a fight. :)

Mechanicus
29-08-05, 16:30
Trauma are currently the most active allied pk clan, i was looking forward to the french moving to terra but they are really not doing themselves any favours allied pking all the time

Speedball
29-08-05, 16:31
from what ive seen, trauma start all the combat then loose :lol:

Yeah you just see the end of a combat, not the fighting forces. Tell me all the names of the trauma PPUs, tell me all then names from trauma's that have a rank higher than 60.
Your juste a PPU whore guy, so i exuse you.

And we don't lose all our fights, we juste kill some guys and they come back with at least 3 ppu's, so without ppu's you'r totaly fucked up.

Whats funny on terra are the guy's without ballz, allies just wait near you and stand near you, being very nice etc, and when his friends come he starts attacking you. Its always the same, you act like a herd.

And i ask myself why you seems to be proud to win like this.

he shouldn't have been so fuckin cocky and should leave pvp to people who can actually do it right

We fight to have fun, not to win without having fun (when its too easy), so, sorry if we dont have you'r mentality of win0r, bringing all the ub0r things to win, its not our problem. We don't WANT to bring only people who can do it right, because if it was the case we would bring only monks.

Speedball
29-08-05, 16:42
People actualy saw that trauma's members could fight well. As i said, you just see the corpse on the ground, not the fight itself...

Bugs Gunny
29-08-05, 16:47
Aye trauma....

Those nice people made me go to -32sl when i encountered a team of them.
MAde it out of hack just in time to take the first HL of their rezzed apu. Lucky me, i would have dropped a realy realy nice healing light.

But i don't mind them attacking us. It gives us some action in the streets when we're not raiding crp.

RogerRamjet
29-08-05, 16:51
And we don't lose all our fights, we juste kill some guys and they come back with at least 3 ppu's, so without ppu's you'r totaly fucked up.

I thought it was only anti city who couldnt count, guess ill include you guys aswell :cool:

Bugs Gunny
29-08-05, 16:54
Well, i'm all for shaking hands and going after the REAL bad guys instead of spending half my ingame hours being afk to regain sl.

Speedball
29-08-05, 16:58
I thought it was only anti city who couldnt count, guess ill include you guys aswell :cool:

What can i say... terra is a ppu-free server, i just say you got ppu because i suxx and i'm not able to admit it because my brain is too small (tank, huh...), and btw we come from pandore, wich is a server with only big boons and no one there is able to pvp well because of a low % of people.

Reezo
29-08-05, 16:59
Aye trauma....

Those nice people made me go to -32sl when i encountered a team of them.
MAde it out of hack just in time to take the first HL of their rezzed apu. Lucky me, i would have dropped a realy realy nice healing light.

But i don't mind them attacking us. It gives us some action in the streets when we're not raiding crp.

So easy to kill people while they are talking ... :(

What can i say... terra is a ppu-free server, i just say you got ppu because i suxx and i'm not able to admit it because my brain is too small (tank, huh...), and btw we come from pandore, wich is a server with only big boons and no one there is able to pvp well because of a low % of people.

/Agree, never seen one come back without ppu and/or some Tank/apu friends :rolleyes:

RogerRamjet
29-08-05, 20:20

I never said we are PPU free, im just saying we dont bring 3 PPUs if some idiots have decided to set up camp in plaza 2 and attempt to pk anyone who passes through.

Quite frankly, if you regard yourselves so highly in pvp why dont you stay on Pandora, or shut up.

Speedball
29-08-05, 23:19
I never said we are PPU free, im just saying we dont bring 3 PPUs if some idiots have decided to set up camp in plaza 2 and attempt to pk anyone who passes through.

Oh, maybe not 3, maybe "only" 2, or at least one. But i don't look at the clan from the ppu who are para / db me, and who are healing / buffing my enemies. Maybe you didn't bring them, but they take care of you.

Second, trauma don't attack allys for fun, we just deffend ourself. the clan is just having "problems" because of 1 or 2 members who like having some fun and disturbment with other "allys". :rolleyes:

Don't believe me, it's simply the same. ;)

[QUOTE=RogerRamjet]

Quite frankly, if you regard yourselves so highly in pvp why dont you stay on Pandora, or shut up.

Being proud of fighting alone vs plural enemies with ppu on their side is regarding myself si highly in pvp ? ok, then it's ok i regard myself so highly in pvp.
Maybe someone shall teach you some things that make you not depndent from a ppu, and this thing is called skill :rolleyes:

Dargeshaad
29-08-05, 23:44
Maybe someone shall teach you some things that make you not depndent from a ppu, and this thing is called skill :rolleyes:
Having capped chars on all servers except pandore, I can tell you it's the same on all those servers. Maybe you're lucky to get a fight without a PPU in the beginning, but when they start loosing/dieing you can be sure as hell that they're going to be shouting on alliance/TS/vent/whatever for PPUs.
Earlier today when I was on Mars I was fighting another PE outside MB (j01 not like the other zonewhoring bitches ^^) and suddenly 6 ppl zones out (3 tanks, 2 spies & 1 apu hyb) and starts attacking me (me beeing -100 sl and pretty much the most disliked person on the server) the PE I was fighting stops attacking and we start to fight the 6 (the PE was even neutral to them so he got a nice -18 sl heh) and at the end they all die....what is the first thing I hear on alliance....PPU needed outside mb. A few minutes later comes 1 APU, 3 PPUs (that did nothing but para/db spam) and some tanks.....talk about skill

Speedball
29-08-05, 23:47
Having capped chars on all servers except pandore, I can tell you it's the same on all those servers. Maybe you're lucky to get a fight without a PPU in the beginning, but when they start loosing/dieing you can be sure as hell that they're going to be shouting on alliance/TS/vent/whatever for PPUs.
Earlier today when I was on Mars I was fighting another PE outside MB (j01 not like the other zonewhoring bitches ^^) and suddenly 6 ppl zones out (3 tanks, 2 spies & 1 apu hyb) and starts attacking me (me beeing -100 sl and pretty much the most disliked person on the server) the PE I was fighting stops attacking and we start to fight the 6 (the PE was even neutral to them so he got a nice -18 sl heh) and at the end they all die....what is the first thing I hear on alliance....PPU needed outside mb. A few minutes later comes 1 APU, 3 PPUs (that did nothing but para/db spam) and some tanks.....talk about skill

Yeah i speak about the servers i played on, terra + mars. PPU-whoring guys on pandore are soooo few (were, due to low population :p ) compared to mars and terra...

RogerRamjet
30-08-05, 00:23
If you fight alone vs enemies with a PPU, youre a dumbass, and will lose alot of fights.

Id love to run around and not need a PPU (my PE on mercury is for this), but when they too have a PPU why not even the odds.

Dont worry, once my account is back up ill kindly start pking on my spy.

Nullvoid
30-08-05, 00:41
By always bringing your own ppu when the enemy has one, you just reinforce the whole "it's not possible to fight without ppus" mentality.

If more of the community could show a little restraint we could solve the whole overuse of holy para/ppu issue ourselves without the need for any patch changes.

Dargeshaad
30-08-05, 00:46
If more of the community could show a little restraint we could solve the whole overuse of holy para/ppu issue ourselves without the need for any patch changes.
People just wants to win, no matter in what way. That's why kk needs to change the PPUs so having a PPU doesn't ensure a win like they do now

eprodigy
30-08-05, 01:03
because its everyones mentality;

ppus = win
no ppus = might lose

people who fight with ppus care about winning a fight more then a 'good fight'. same type who zerg or ninja etc.. color on map > good fight

personally i wont fight with a ppu. ive been known to attack ppus that try to assist me... ;)

[PiN]Fluffy
30-08-05, 01:25
1. Holy Shelter
2.Holy Deflector
3.Holy para
4.Damage boost
5.haz
6.Melle
7.*Auxillary Slot*(anything random i might need anti posion, anti DB, Rez, spy 3 etc...)
8.Anti para
9.Booster
10. Holy Heal

Kinda weird people tell me but it's bcz i have my keys mapped out for my other chars.....SO this is the easiest way to get to the speels i need :p

-FluFFy

RogerRamjet
30-08-05, 02:12
People just wants to win, no matter in what way. That's why kk needs to change the PPUs so having a PPU doesn't ensure a win like they do now

In PvP perhaps, but youve gotta account for PvM, which is why it seems a complicated matter.

Dargeshaad
30-08-05, 09:15
In PvP perhaps, but youve gotta account for PvM, which is why it seems a complicated matter.
Once you didn't need a PPU to PvM, a tank could stand up to a chaser toe to toe (it was a bit too easy i'd agree however) so I don't think it should be all that difficult to tone the mobs to something inbetween as they were once and what they are now

-edit-
And just to make it clear, I'm well aware that KK won't never ever remove the entire PPU class, but I will however be content if they would just remove Para+Holy S/D/Heal

Bugs Gunny
30-08-05, 09:29
If you fight alone vs enemies with a PPU, youre a dumbass, and will lose alot of fights.

Id love to run around and not need a PPU (my PE on mercury is for this), but when they too have a PPU why not even the odds.

It's perfectly possible to kill people when they have a ppu.
Last night Casaad and me went in against three tanks and a ppu.
There was also a raptor going after us. End result: Three dead tanks.
How? you nibheal, nibshelter, steal the holy heal. It was quite funny watching the ppu accidentaly damageboost his last tank and then throw a holy heal on the enemy pe.

People who rely on a ppu all the time usualy can't fight solo anymore. They just stand there waiting for the next holy heal and waiting for that superfast target to be parashocked and db'ed.

I don't like a ppu on me, but i do like teamwork in pvp.
For me being buffed by a ppu versus a lone target is about as boring as shooting aggies at rank 65/62. If you're going to pvp make it at least interesting for yourself. but then again there's people who don't have good aim etc and they also want the adrenaline rush of a "kill".
So maybe we should be openminded and apreciate these people for who they are.

As for the hwole ppu issue. Blessed ppus will do just fine for leveling. All that needs to be done is tone down the 100+ level mobs a bit.

Dargeshaad
30-08-05, 09:35
So maybe we should be openminded and apreciate these people for who they are.
That's a bit the same as saying "it's ok to use aimbot/wallhack in CS if you can't aim because it's just to get a kill"....if you can't handle PvP then maybe you should consider doing something else ingame or even just leave since after all it is a PvP oriented game

sultana
30-08-05, 09:38
It's perfectly possible to kill people when they have a ppu.
Last night Casaad and me went in against three tanks and a ppu.
There was also a raptor going after us. End result: Three dead tanks.
How? you nibheal, nibshelter, steal the holy heal. It was quite funny watching the ppu accidentaly damageboost his last tank and then throw a holy heal on the enemy pe.
That won't happen against most people though. Even if alot of people are used to having the holy h/s/d, there are those who know how to PvP without them. Once they're coupled with a ppu, it's basically impossible to kill them. Made even more so if the ppu is a good one and/or you get para spammed. (which is perfectly possible to do as a ppu if the other team doesn't have a ppu).

Bugs Gunny
30-08-05, 09:45
Well, we know some people at crp by now that we will allways run from if they have ppus with them.

Trial and error :-)

sultana
30-08-05, 09:53
Well, we know some people at crp by now that we will allways run from if they have ppus with them.

Trial and error :-)
:lol:

I'd rather not have to run and actually have a chance though :(

Remove Para (and make self cast shields) :D

RogerRamjet
30-08-05, 12:30
lol Bugs, i dont think thats a very fair representation of people with PPUs.

Vae Victis
30-08-05, 19:21
afaik (quit a long ass time ago)
1 holy heal
2 holy shelter
3 psi booster
4 holy def
5 dmg boost
6 melee buff
7 haz buff
8 spy buff / rezz / heal sanc (heal sanc for lvling)
9 tl 25 hrhr ^^
10 anti freeze

and that's all the spells i used
i dont believe in anti-DB and anti-poison

ppus who need anti poison need setup-tweaking!

and yea, never used holy para.

err.. my ppu was black heart from ncat/uPs/VENOM/Ghetto

think sultana has something similiar to this one :D
and smurf had the same (it's actually his qb setup, he changed it to this one when he was playing my ppu)

Zeninja
30-08-05, 20:41
i dont believe in anti-DB and anti-poison

ppus who need anti poison need setup-tweaking!
Neither do I. Antidb freq and mana cost are too high to be really effective in pvp (+ it's very fast to cast a new db on you for ennemies), let's say at least too bad to deserve one slot in my QB and I don't want this to be changed, cause I rather transport pills in inventory for "panic times" (live and let die :p). Antipoison is essential for swamps, and I think may be useful times to times in pvp to help a team mate (all class can't get high poison resists like a ppu or a tank does).

Btw, I noob ppu haven't used any para to make the same Casaad (you were just talking about) die twice a quarter from my noob team, last time I see him trying to take our back while caving quietly in CRP chaos. Tbh that was even easier than killing bugs gunny using a TL 17 Rusty Double Edge Sword a couple of days before... vaunting inside :o (but sadly so true... don't mess with any average ppu when ure alone or not a monk yourself)

@Bugs Gunny : ok I forgot mentionning this Grim Persecutor giving a hand during our "fight", but hey that was a detail, isn't it ? :D

Vae Victis
31-08-05, 17:42
I doubt it.
Antipoison sanc is just.. I dunno.. weak.
all classes can get high poison resist.
spies with poison belt, PEs with VKA, tanks in con. just depends on the setup.
plus if you have holy buffs on, with a haz3 and a holy heal, who needs antipoison? only if you're lvl 30 going PvP.
what does the most poison damage? a dev? PoB (or the other melee weapon, cant remember havent played for 8 months or so). I know my PE could outheal that with a tl10. poison weapons always were a joke on my PPU, dont know on APU since I never really played with him.

E. Cryton
31-08-05, 18:37
ice, u suck <3
finally watched the vids -.- ?

Zeninja
31-08-05, 18:40
Antipoison sanc is just.. I dunno.. weak.
That's why KK removed it.... one year ago :lol:

Or, did I miss an episode ?!

Vae Victis
31-08-05, 19:30
That's why KK removed it.... one year ago :lol:

Or, did I miss an episode ?!Meant antipoison :p
and, havent played nc2 in 8 or 9 months, plus before that time I played nc1 for a month ;)

Eric, yeah I saw the vids, you jumped right on zodd right? or wasnt that u?
then hit him with that blue stick...
ttssssss, next time dude.. next time meeting i wanna be there ;)
I outdrink all of u -pro- :p
but not make it a clanmeeting but just a uPs meeting (i was uPs for a while :))
the house you guys stayed at..
how the fuck did u get that?
where did ya steal that key? man it looked cool.
i know some drinking games we can play if we ever do that meeting i told u about...
maui can drink alot 2 :D
both drank for like 50 euro at my work, and got about 15-20 drinks for freeeeee.
he pwnz

Vae Victis
01-09-05, 18:14
speakin of PPUs, does any1 have a clean shot of a PPU, seen from a 180 degree angle?

I need one for a sig I'm making :p

-=Jismo=-
01-09-05, 23:37
y doesnt anyone keep there para in slot one
and primes at the bottom, whats just with having a boostyer in slot '0'. :( 8|

heres my setup, for pvp any way :cool:

1. h para
2.booster
3. anti para
4.db / rezz /other prime
5. heal
6.shelter
7.def
8.meele
9.haz
10.spy / tl25 /tl 3

eprodigy
02-09-05, 00:33
y doesnt anyone keep there para in slot one
i think most ppus do.. best place for the most used spell

CMaster
02-09-05, 02:21
Because Its easier to get a new para than a new 5 slot shelter, and I find a good shelter/heal more useful than para. I love all thesepeople who think that para is the most used spell by a PPU. Soo far off the mark - its just the one that really lands you in trouble and stops the game being fun.

eprodigy
02-09-05, 03:45
Because Its easier to get a new para than a new 5 slot shelter, and I find a good shelter/heal more useful than para. I love all thesepeople who think that para is the most used spell by a PPU. Soo far off the mark - its just the one that really lands you in trouble and stops the game being fun.
most ppus i see use para more then shelter... they para every 5 seconds; they dont need shelter that often...

Dargeshaad
02-09-05, 07:38
most ppus i see use para more then shelter... they para every 5 seconds; they dont need shelter that often...
It's funny because it's true :D

Bugs Gunny
02-09-05, 08:57
Well at crp i've encountered a new monk class lately:

The ppu-supporting ppu. He uses his parashock even more than he uses his heal.....

Dargeshaad
02-09-05, 10:36
Well at crp i've encountered a new monk class lately:

The ppu-supporting ppu. He uses his parashock even more than he uses his heal.....
I wonder what class Lifewaster would fit under :D

Bugs Gunny
02-09-05, 10:53
Don't get me started... sooo tempting.... must resist.... shouldn't speak....

AAAARGH.......

Clueless Gimpbrid With Holy Whine Sanctum....

Damn you dargeshaad !!!!!!

RogerRamjet
02-09-05, 12:05
Ive actually killed PPUs by starting an anti buff, then in the 3 seconds of casting they start a holy para, and by the time is finished their buffs have been long gone.

And their HP :D

I keep a holy para in slot 1 coz its 5 slot, same as my shelter, and its alot easier to get a 5 slot shelter thana 5 slot holy para :D

Bugs Gunny
02-09-05, 12:25
I would keep the 5 slot shelter in slot 1.
If KK ever decides to do something about the parashock you'll end up with a 5 slot milky ren in slot 1 :D

CMaster
02-09-05, 13:19
Meh, who needs a 5 slot HP. Mine is 1 slot and all arti save handling. I can easily get a similar quality one to replace it though, without all the mass-building you need to get a good shelter. Plus, para is just something to do if I get a chance, healing and buffing is what I must do.

Vae Victis
03-09-05, 00:40
real PPUs dont use holy para. end of

eprodigy
03-09-05, 00:55
real PPUs dont use holy para. end of
true ^^

but really real ppus lom to apu or reroll

Mechanicus
03-09-05, 01:27
lol, apus ruin a fight more than ppus do

eprodigy
03-09-05, 04:10
personally i think all monks do is ruin fights for anyone not gay enough to play them.. but at least apus arent so stupidly unbalanced.

besides whose ever seen an apu without a ppu...

sultana
03-09-05, 05:18
besides whose ever seen an apu without a ppu...
me, and it was at cycrow aswell :p

Though he was levelling solo so eh.

I don't think ppu's ruin fights, I think Holy Para and foreign holy shields do :rolleyes:

eprodigy
03-09-05, 05:54
me, and it was at cycrow aswell :p

Though he was levelling solo so eh.

I don't think ppu's ruin fights, I think Holy Para and foreign holy shields do :rolleyes:
:eek: never seen anything but ppu whroing teams and ppu hybrids at cycrow myself :P

also excuse my previous post i didnt mean to use 'gay' in that way but i cant edit it.

sultana
03-09-05, 06:05
:eek: never seen anything but ppu whroing teams and ppu hybrids at cycrow myself :P

also excuse my previous post i didnt mean to use 'gay' in that way but i cant edit it.
Well, it's only happened once before.

Vae Victis
03-09-05, 10:42
I'd say;
1 ppu per 5 ppl.
and not the other way around :lol:

Speedball
03-09-05, 13:51
personally i think all monks do is ruin fights for anyone not gay enough to play them..

<3

That's my religion ! :D

Vae Victis
03-09-05, 14:17
<3

That's my religion ! :Dbad religion

Reezo
04-09-05, 01:05
Wasn't it a Thread about the ppu belt ? :confused:

Vae Victis
04-09-05, 01:56
ppu belt > ppu > monk > priest > bible > jesus > god > religion
we're still on topic :x

Bugs Gunny
05-09-05, 13:32
PPU -> Healing -> wounds/pain -> spanking -> belt....

Yep, still on toppic for me.

Morganth
05-09-05, 15:20
personally i think all monks do is ruin fights for anyone not gay enough to play them..

Personally I think that people that don't play monks but instead spend all their time moaning about them are "not quite gay enough" to be a monk-user, but still in reach of the title "******" whenever they start to whine. So really, we are all in the same boat, regardless of our preferred class.

Vae Victis
05-09-05, 15:43
due to my Fps game history, I like monks better, and have a better aim with them.
I played monks the day I started.
only other class I played (and PvPed with, and a higher kill count than deathcount) was a PE.
I tried tanks, sucked on em, tried on spies, not good at spy setups.
only leaves monks and PEs for me.
tried APU, it's too hard for me. That's why Ive got 2 ppus now, in stead of 1 apu and 1 ppu.
(too hard, meaning I gotta take too many boosters, hate it, I rarely use boosters on my PPU in PvP)

I play and will always play a PPU.
at events where they are no PPUs allowed, I'm there on my PPU.
I do think abusing PPUs, like FF does, is gay, and bad for every PPU out there.
but Im pro ppu :)
what was the topic again?

Dargeshaad
05-09-05, 15:45
what was the topic again?
that people playing PPUs are gay :lol:

Bugs Gunny
05-09-05, 15:47
You know i could live with ppus if the parashock was removed and drugflash removed from damageblockerdrugs.

Mechanicus
05-09-05, 16:08
all that needs doing with ppus is making the antipara and antidb drugs available as readily as psi booster 3s (as in expenciveISH but not too expencive), give em 3 uses and remove then drugflash, then fix the KNOWN bug with holy heal that makes it heal triple damage

Bugs Gunny
05-09-05, 16:22
Well, i may sound a bit nostalgic here but i'm gonna do it anyway.

Remember when you started playing neocron and the world was actualy dangerous? When mobs could kill you and you stayed clear of some types?
Well, when you're capped the world can still be dangerous, and hunting grims etc alone is not an easy task. But once you have a ppu with you, the wastelands turn into a central park, where only squirels live and everything's safe and nice.

I like the dangerous world, where mobs can kill me. I like being in danger and having adrenaline pumping when i meet an enemy. And i seriously can't see what's so fun about going after an enemy runner with one apu and two ppus and then afterwards doing the winner emote.

It's not about winning or losing, it's about the pvprush, the increased heartrate, the sweaty palms. If i win, it's cool, if i loose, i was either being stupid or the other guy was just better than me. (or i fataled or drugflashed lol)

We all chose neocron because of it's dark and dangerous post apocalyptic atmosphere. I was surprised to see monks turn up and even though they can be helpfull in powerleveling i see no real use for ppus in this game.

I wish that someday KK decides to test a no ppu server on the pvp server. If you die, you die, you gr out and get poked. All it would take is for the 100+ mobs to be toned down and people to cooperate to hunt something.
I've said it before, but i think resurection in a scifi game should be done by "doctors", people who spec like 150 implant skill and use a tool for it.

Vae Victis
05-09-05, 18:23
K, ontopic this time;
Although Im pro PPU, Im all anti para.
2 reasons;
1) some clans (wont mention any but we all know who) abuse the parashock
and 2) it would save me 1 slot in my QB (antipara that is, never use my own para)
therefore I can get another spell like.. no wait my tl10 sword init, so I can kill ppl myself :)

dont fix ppus, fix (read: remove) para :)

eprodigy
05-09-05, 19:20
dont fix ppus, fix (read: remove) para :)
well obviously para needs to go everyone admits that (read: everyone but the morons who abuse it). but there is some changes need to be made to PPUs to fix the problem of imbalancing. they give too much of a boost to people that suck otherwise

i suspect you might be a case of; thats my class dont nerf it as most of the ppu defenders are.

Vae Victis
05-09-05, 19:35
i suspect you might be a case of; thats my class dont nerf it as most of the ppu defenders are.As much as everyone else I don't like my class being nerfed.
I love playing a PPU, no matter howmany times they get nerfed.
it's just that they make other classes/players look good.
Ive always been in a small clan (ncat).
I loved it when 20/25 ppl attacked our OP against our 6/7.

and I dont see any problem with PPUs as they are atm.
90% of the people who play a PPU, suck bigtime.
It's not fun when your solo PKing on a Tank, Spy or a PE and your up against multiple enemies with a PPU, its almost a certain death.
Im against that kind of PvP.
I dont want it to happen to me, therefore I dont do that shit to anyone else brave enough to PK solo on a PE/Tank/Spy.

But everyone else seems to do that, and that's the reason why people wanna see PPUs nerfed.
PPUs were molested in their childhoods, and now seek to do this on other people, so it seems.
You'll never see me PPUing for 5-6 people vs 1 enemy.
in that case I'd rather PPU for the enemy against my team, at least that's interesting (I bet the enemy wins).
Still, as PPU for nearly 2.5 yrs, I want to see MONKS, not PPUs, removed from the game for another class.
they bring disturbance in the "force" :p

Mechanicus
05-09-05, 21:08
when i see any of the para whiners ingame the first thing i do is log my ppu and glue them to the floor, makes me laugh hard irl

Vae Victis
05-09-05, 21:33
when i see any of the para whiners ingame the first thing i do is log my ppu and glue them to the floor, makes me laugh hard irlplz do it when u see me teamed up with one of my mates :x
plz
I love to hack belts

Mechanicus
05-09-05, 22:14
sorry you cant kill me :(

Vae Victis
05-09-05, 22:32
sorry you cant kill me :(any apu teamed with me can :)

Mechanicus
05-09-05, 23:01
nah im not some nub ppu with a shit setup like most nowadays

Vae Victis
05-09-05, 23:10
nah im not some nub ppu with a shit setup like most nowadays...
right

setups wont do u any good when tl 25'd.
unless ur overcapped 2 da max.
but if u say u wont die, upcoming sunday we'll talk again :x
me + apu vs ur ppu (solo) as said.
u stay alive for 10 mins = free DS

Morganth
06-09-05, 00:29
nah im not some nub ppu with a shit setup like most nowadays

Here's a striking generalisation for you: PPUs that thing they are the dog's bollocks and better than everyone else are in fact arse bandits.

Being a good PPU is when other people recognise your skill, not just yourself :rolleyes:

eprodigy
06-09-05, 02:07
yeah i love PPUs that are high on being invincible and run around so arrogant.. makes when they die all the more enjoyable.

Mechanicus
06-09-05, 03:51
Here's a striking generalisation for you: PPUs that thing they are the dog's bollocks and better than everyone else are in fact arse bandits.

Being a good PPU is when other people recognise your skill, not just yourself :rolleyes:

iCe talks about how good he is all day also, so do you about your PE whos never been seen out of neofrag

and who says they dont?
you dont even know who i am (and never will)

sultana
06-09-05, 08:06
Still most ppus won't survive an encounter with an apu/ppu combo who knows what they are doing.

I learned this the other day at DRT when we were fighting FF. I thought I had nailed the timing on my sd after the Antibuff like nothing else, but nope, there was the tl 25 one :rolleyes: :lol:

On another note:
Remove Para. And possibly foreign shields.

Mechanicus
06-09-05, 11:05
if foreign shields get removed then opp wars will be no fun instant death apu fastest finger first affairs

if foreign shields were removed and the majority of fighters were tanks/PEs/Spys and not apus then i'd be in heaven

sultana
06-09-05, 11:16
if foreign shields get removed then opp wars will be no fun instant death apu fastest finger first affairs

if foreign shields were removed and the majority of fighters were tanks/PEs/Spys and not apus then i'd be in heaven
Not quite sure if your for or against removal of foreign shields.

But apus meant to be fragile, then have the highest damage output in the game. Though the HAB will become a ppu only spell really, not that it really matters. Apus are not meant to be up at the front line, that will be for tanks and mainly pes (who will benefit the most from this, because of their shields). Which I find particularily balanced of sorts, seeing as pes tend to have the lower damage output of the classes, and therefore get the better defence.

And I said tend to.

Mechanicus
06-09-05, 11:18
2-3 coordinated good apus and 1 good ppu would dominate, unless the other team is really well coordinated too, but stillwith a couple apus people would die to fast for it to be really that fun, probally end up with a bunch of stealthwhore carebears though

ppus would be doing a lot more rezzing since the only 2 'combat buffs' to keep them busy would be antipara and holy heal

sultana
06-09-05, 11:35
How about a team or 3 lowtech pes/heavy combat pes and a ppu? Pe Shields + Holy Heal means the pe will be taking alot more damage then the apu can hope for. Not to mention pierce/force weapons. Also if things get tough they can just stealth.

I'm willing to bet the pes would win that encounter.

ppus would be doing a lot more rezzing since the only 2 'combat buffs' to keep them busy would be antipara and holy heal
That's because it has become the "norm" to have 1 ppu per fighter. Maybe if this gets implemented we won't have as much ppu whoring. Because they won't have anything to do.

Mechanicus
06-09-05, 11:55
yeah it would pretty much kill the fun in a fun class

maybe nerf em but not remove, or make only the newb s/d forign castable, so tanks arnt completely replaced by stealthing PEs

sultana
06-09-05, 12:16
yeah it would pretty much kill the fun in a fun class

maybe nerf em but not remove, or make only the newb s/d forign castable, so tanks arnt completely replaced by stealthing PEs
Removing some of the "fun" of ppuing and replacing it with the actual possibility of op wars which aren't just monks, seems fair to me.

I wouldn't be against the low level s/d being foreign castable, nib buffing for the win.

Vae Victis
06-09-05, 13:39
iCe talks about how good he is all day also, so do you about your PE whos never been seen out of neofrag

and who says they dont?
you dont even know who i am (and never will)we dont need to know who you are.
all I know is the only decent PPUs Ive seen, are all from NCAT, and the other ones are Descent and Holy Borsty (say what you want, he's quite good)

the rest of em (including you) suck.
everybody has bad days and good days.

and tbh, all I said was you wont survive vs me and an APU.
I may not get tl25 on u the first time, but I dont miss 4 times in a row.
I havent even said how "good" I am since over half a year ago.
2 reasons
1) ive quit the game and im back now
2) in nc2 alot of things have changed, imo i was better in nc1 than in 2.

1 more thing.
if u and ur m8 go up against 3 clans (15/20 ppl) for 2 hours long and winning, you have the right to say ur good.
ncat did it all the time vs FF and FA in nc1.
ask any uranus clan about smurf and me. im sure we'll get respect at least from half the clans.
sultana doesnt say hes good, coz hes a shy australian, ill do it for him
he rox my sox.

there.
as for the Morganth thingy and his PE; if ya go to NF and at the end of the day (after alot of duels) and winning most of em, you can say ur quite good, unless u fight newbs all day long (dunno what u do Morganth)
just a good day, luck maybe?

RogerRamjet
06-09-05, 13:48
Id say, as APU Smurf, and as PPU `iCe.

:D

Bugs Gunny
06-09-05, 14:03
Well morganth duels on a setup which should be close to the one below, now tell me of ANYONE who would claim that to also be his daily pvp setup.......

Character Overview for NF PE

Character Class: Private Eye
Sex: Male
Server: None
Ranking: 46/74

None

-----------Intelligence-----------
Max Skill: 60
Current: 76 16
Skill: Hacking = 25 25
Skill: Barter = 0 0
Skill: PSI Use = 90 5
Skill: Weapon Lore = 133 33
Skill: Construction = 0 0
Skill: Research = 0 0
Skill: Implant = 20 20
Skill: Willpower = 15 15

-----------Strength-----------
Max Skill: 60
Current: 67 7
Skill: Melee Combat = 38 38
Skill: Heavy Combat = 0 -15
Skill: Transport = 73 8
Skill: Resist Force = 114 0

-----------Constitution-----------
Max Skill: 65
Current: 78 13
Skill: Athletics = 53 25
Skill: Body Health = 109 30
Skill: Endurance = 45 45
Skill: Resist Fire = 75 40
Skill: Resist Energy = 51 40
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 101 15
Skill: Resist Poison = 0 -15

-----------Dexterity-----------
Max Skill: 80
Current: 115 35
Skill: Pistol Combat = 165 47
Skill: Rifle Combat = 5 5
Skill: HighTech Combat = 88 14
Skill: Vehicle Use = 0 -20
Skill: Agility = 148 73
Skill: Repair = 0 0
Skill: Recycle = 0 0
Skill: Remote Control = 15 15

-----------PSI-----------
Max Skill: 35
Current: 36 1
Skill: Passive PSI Use = 75 0
Skill: Agressive PSI Use = 0 0
Skill: Mental Steadiness = 40 -8
Skill: PSI Power = 24 0
Skill: Resist PSI = 0 0

-------Character Inventory-------
Slot: Helmet - Inquisition Helmet 3
Influences: FIR: 41 PRC: 14 FOR: 12

Slot: Vest - Tangent Close Range BattleSuit V-40
Influences: PRC: 35 FOR: 30 ENR: 30 P-C: 12 DEX: 5 PSI: -4 MST: -8

Slot: Belt - Medium Energy Protection Belt
Influences: ENR: 48 FOR: 20

Slot: Trousers - Inquisition Trousers 3
Influences: FOR: 12 PRC: 14 FIR: 41

Slot: Boots - Medium Duranium Boots
Influences: FOR: 20 PRC: 23 ENR: 26

Slot: Brain Chip - Experimental Ballistic Weapon Chip 3
Influences: P-C: 5 R-C: 5 WEP: 15 DEX: 3 INT: 3 H-C: -15 STR: -3

Slot: Brain Chip - MC5 Rigger's Dream
Influences: WPW: 15 RCL: 15 TRA: 8 DEX: 6 INT: 5

Slot: Brain Chip - Special Forces CPU
Influences: INT: 5 DEX: 5 HCK: 10 WEP: 10 P-C: 5 R-C: 5 T-C: 5

Slot: Brain Chip - MC5 Synaptic Accelerator CPU
Influences: INT: 5 DEX: 6 HCK: 10 WEP: 10 P-C: 5 R-C: 5 T-C: 5

Slot: Eye - Pistol CombatEye 3
Influences: P-C: 15 WEP: 10 M-C: -10 R-C: -10

Slot: Heart - Experimental Heart 2
Influences: END: 15 HLT: 15 CON: 5 XRR: -10 POR: -15

Slot: Glove - Crahn Power Gauntlet
Influences:None

Slot: Spine - Experimental ReflexBooster 4
Influences: AGL: 15 END: 8 DEX: 5 INT: -2 WEP: -15

Slot: Headbone - Biotech AntiGamma Headbone
Influences: XRR: 17 PRC: 10

Slot: Chest - Biotech AntiGamma Chest Enforcement
Influences: XRR: 10 END: 8

Slot: Arm - Biotech AntiGamma Arm Enforcement
Influences: M-C: 8 XRR: 9

Slot: Leg - Biotech AntiGamma Leg Enforcement
Influences: XRR: 10 ATL: 8

Slot: Foot - Biotech AntiGamma Foot Enforcement
Influences: AGL: 8 XRR: 4

Slot: Shelter - Shelter
Influences: SHEL: 35

Slot: Deflector - Blessed Deflector
Influences: DEFL: 45

Slot: Combat - Pistol Combat Booster 1
Influences: P-C: 5 T-C: 4 WEP: 3

Slot: Support - Spy Booster 1
Influences: HCK: 5 IMP: 4 AGL: 3

Slot: Resist - Basic Resist Booster 3
Influences: HLT: 20 FOR: 15 FIR: 15 ENR: 15

Slot: Drug - Nightspider
Influences: PSI: 5 PSU: 20 IMP: 16 FOR: -15

Slot: Drug - Redflash
Influences: DEX: 5 AGL: 22 ATL: 17 PSU: -15

Slot: Drug - Energy Resist Potion
Influences: ENR: 25

Slot: Drug - X-Ray Resist Potion
Influences: XRR: 25

Slot: Drug - Fire Resist Potion
Influences: FIR: 25

Slot: Drug - Paratemol forte
Influences: CON: 4 HLT: 10 END: 14 VHC: -20

Slot: Drug - Paratemol
Influences: CON: 4

Slot: Drug - Kri'nakh Nightshade
Influences: M-C: 40 AGL: 25 STR: 10 HLT: -15
---------------------------------

HEALTH: 471
FORCE : 214
PIERCE :215
FIRE: 150
ENERGY : 150
XRAY : 148
POISON : 0

RUNSPEED : 90%/94%

Vae Victis
06-09-05, 14:03
Id say, as APU Smurf, and as PPU `iCe.

:Dnuff said

@ Bugs, runspeed is the only good thing about that setup.
CON is totually gimped. energy resist sucks (eve with drugs)
way too many drugs, even for NF :/

Mechanicus
06-09-05, 17:27
i dont really care for the 'ncat was the best everybody sucks but us' speach, but i will say that if you cant do as well out of nf as inside then even if you win every duel your not a good pvper, any nub can make an overpowered pe setup that takes every drug in the game and dishes out spy+ db damage with great defence, but 1% of the people that do that can actually pull the same thing off out of neofrag

Vae Victis
06-09-05, 17:35
i dont really care for the 'ncat was the best everybody sucks but us' speach, but i will say that if you cant do as well out of nf as inside then even if you win every duel your not a good pvper, any nub can make an overpowered pe setup that takes every drug in the game and dishes out spy+ db damage with great defence, but 1% of the people that do that can actually pull the same thing off out of neofragive never even seen morganth duel. I dont care how he duels.
hell i dont care if he takes every drug there is in the game.
I dont care about u whining about morganths PE.
let him play his PE how he feels is right.
I dont take any drugs on my PE. Yeah my main char is "overpowered" as everyone says.

fuck that, no class is overpowered. everything is balanced.
if you think PPUs are overpowered, you prolly got owned by one with a PPU up his ass, deal with it.
if you cant deal with PPUs, leave the game and never come back.
I play my chars the way I want em, I let everyone play their chars the way they want.
"OH hightech pistol PEs are gimped as fuck and are drugwhores" SO FUCKING WHAT?
that person died by a hightech, drugwhoring pistol PE.

btw smurf agreed to be the APU.
I'll see you next week, unless ur scared.
my offer stands.

Mechanicus
06-09-05, 17:44
i didnt complain about any of those things

and im not gonna do your dumb challenge:
1. i like being anon
2. i dont need a DS, i have everything i'll ever need
3. of course in an artificial setting an apu/ppu will kill any ppu in 10 minutes, in the real neocron world theres a lot more factors than just antibuff noob buff HL repeat, where it matters i wont die
4. i know im as good as i say, and i dont need to prove myself to anyone

Vae Victis
06-09-05, 17:52
i didnt complain about any of those things

and im not gonna do your dumb challenge:
1. i like being anon
2. i dont need a DS, i have everything i'll ever need
3. of course in an artificial setting an apu/ppu will kill any ppu in 10 minutes, in the real neocron world theres a lot more factors than just antibuff noob buff HL repeat, where it matters i wont die
4. i know im as good as i say, and i dont need to prove myself to anyone

i knew you werent gonna do it.
1) i respect ur anon, youve been able to keep urself this way for wot? 3 yrs
2) just named something "valuable" for a monk
3) i know, without noobbuffing, good ppus will (almost) never die
4) same, but i like to show off, since ppuing is the only thing im good at in NC. apu, spy, tank.. i suck on those chars.
i cant help it. btw this "showing of" started when i joined ncat. :/

Speedball
06-09-05, 18:53

APU should be the class that fears the enemy and not the one who charge the enemy with no fear...

rtfm

Volcanio
06-09-05, 19:19
édité:

coppertop
26-09-05, 13:33
This is my usual QB setup for op wars.

1. Truesight OR para
2. Anti Para , Anti poison OR anti D-boost.
3. Damage boost (At all times)
4. Holy Heal (At all times)
5. Haz 3 resist (At all times)
6. Holy Def (At all times)
7. Holy Shelt (At all times)
8. Mellee 3 (Most of the time)
9. Optional slot. Sometimes psi booster / stam booster or res or whatever extra PPU buff /spell is required most at the time.
10. Psi boosters (Always).

My QB setup basically remains the same at all times. Only slots 2, 8 and 9 are optional. The rest never leave my QB.

NiMBle
26-09-05, 21:50
My Setup:

1) Heal
2) Shelter
3) Deflector
4) Parashock/Psi Booster (not keen on Parashock)
5) Damage Boost
6) AntiPara (or truesight/rezz/heal sanc)
7) AntiDB
8) Melee 3
9) Haz 3
10) Spy 3

Think this is it, tbh cba to login to look.

Dont say "omfg slot 1 heal not truesight?" lol, for one I only really play Neptune now, and second, I find Heal slot 1 much easier to handle, and rares are expandle - wrecked DS' are not :)

Ascension
02-01-07, 02:58
There have been a LOT of great apu/ppu or apu/tank teams (Skuid/Skuld, Psychokiller/Megaman, Descent/Ascention to name a few)

Bumping old posts is bad mmmkay...

N :angel:

NAPPER
03-01-07, 03:57
This is my usual QB setup for op wars.

1. Truesight OR para
2. Anti Para , Anti poison OR anti D-boost.
3. Damage boost (At all times)
4. Holy Heal (At all times)
5. Haz 3 resist (At all times)
6. Holy Def (At all times)
7. Holy Shelt (At all times)
8. Mellee 3 (Most of the time)
9. Optional slot. Sometimes psi booster / stam booster or res or whatever extra PPU buff /spell is required most at the time.
10. Psi boosters (Always).

My QB setup basically remains the same at all times. Only slots 2, 8 and 9 are optional. The rest never leave my QB.

my is or was

1)heal
2)holy shelt
3)holy def
4)spy
5)melee 3 or psi 3 depends on who i am ppuing
6)haz
7)psi booster 3
8)noob shelt
9)para
10)db

the last 3 are always changing to anti db/anti para/holy heal sanc/true sight