PDA

View Full Version : Metalplates...

Jake Cutter
26-08-05, 07:15
Since the trophy madness started, there seems to be a definite shortage of metalplates in our fair world.

I coulda swore I saw someone offering DS parts for them, for cryin' out loud! :lol:

In all seriousness though, I don't see them in mob loot anymore...at one time, didn't spiderbots drop them?

I know they also can be had as the debris from blowing up a vehicle. Great, thats all we needed, one more thing to make people take it out on someone else's ride.

So...any other sources for them? Mobs, etc? (crates excluded...those damn things are always empty now too!)

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Asurmen Spec Op
26-08-05, 07:18
Blow up vehs, or just search boxes, make sure to empty them so they will respawn

and look in places most go

canuma100
26-08-05, 07:24
yes aftar a big caving tour (14 trophys) we made a huge Anti vhc Massaker :)

4 guys spawn reveeler and Quads :angel:

QuakCow
26-08-05, 07:27
um...the mobs in the tech haven energy cores drop metal plates.

Darkana
26-08-05, 07:36
um...the mobs in the tech haven energy cores drop metal plates.AHHH, he spoiled it! Stone him! haha :cool: Infact I do think a good deal of the lower level bot type mobs drop these.

Happy metal plate hunting everyone :)

Judge
26-08-05, 08:16
Yeah, the robot mobs tend to drop them (not warbots). Also you can often find metal plates in crates stacked around deserted villages which aren't on the map, as almost no-one actually goes there. :p

Original monk
26-08-05, 09:14
I coulda swore I saw someone offering DS parts for them, for cryin' out loud! :lol:

TRADING my collection of metalplates for DS's ... 1 on 1 trade but for 2 DS's you get 3 metalplates of me !

TRADE em while there hot !

Gone = Gone

Freaky Fryd
26-08-05, 09:15
OPs with lots of crates tend to have quite a few at them too

Mystic-Crusader
26-08-05, 09:20
Garbage dump, got 15 plates myself and a few pipes, but yea best way is to blow up ur own quad/reveler and just not rep it before respawning.

Jolt
26-08-05, 09:26
Those robot-like dogs in the peper park sewers is what I use for plates. :)

Rabiator
27-08-05, 22:50
As QuakCow and Darkana said:
The low lvl robots frequenty drop plates. Try TH or the storage in MB.

Jake Cutter
27-08-05, 23:15
I've had good luck in those areas.

Oddly, I've never been in the TH energy core areas :) It was refreshing.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

msdong
28-08-05, 00:21
Blow up vehs, ...

OMG, i'm close to tears.

punch turtles and houndbots

€: DS parts ? damn it, ill ask ppl 20k a plate/pipe/wood

vashtyphoon78
28-08-05, 00:35
yeah i know one...start blowing up quads and revellers.

IceStorm
28-08-05, 01:06
Build yourself the lowest level weapon in your weapon class, remove your PA, then zone a few times and go hunting.

Got my Roach and Drom carcasses that way, within about 20 kills of each (if that) and metal plates run like water when killing the TH core bots and the mutant dogs in PP sewers.

It's nice to be able to take a 60%-ish weapon, capped, and go hunting. Easier than trying to get slots and add an ammo mod, etc.