PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop - erase

zii
25-08-05, 17:46
Hi all,

I started using PS a couple of days ago, but have managed to loose myself, and would like to get some help as I seem to remember that someone here used it.

I have an image. I want to deleted on part of it. The area I delete must have its colour removed, so that I can use another background with it.

I have tried the Erase Tool to do this but I just end up with the erased area being white, and not transparent. Is this even possible in PS?

z.

vanpan
25-08-05, 17:57
go in the irc channel #photoshop at the server quakenet.
tere are many people with high skills in photoshop.

zii
25-08-05, 18:17
thanks, Whats the address to connect to? (IP or FQDN)

Forget my post. I sussed it. /attach quakenet.

Cheers.

Scanner Darkly
01-09-05, 03:11
hope you got the advice you needed - if you need any more feel free to PM me...

sanityislost
01-09-05, 04:00
Select all, copy, make a new document (select transparent for the BG) and
paste into the new doc.

Hope that makes sense, would give more details but i dont has PS installed atm.

SiL ..:..

naimex
01-09-05, 08:01
or just press the circle in the square at the bottom of the layers window in the bottom right of the screen on the image you want to remove something from..

its called an "alpha layer" when you are on that layer, your 2 colurs in the toolbox in the left side of the screen should be black and white, opposed to the colours you would normally have, and then when you paint with black you should remove that part of the image, but only remove it visibly and not from existance. and if you paint with white you restore what you have made "vanish".

Itīs an easy way of going a bit back and forth until youre satisfied with your blending, and best part is.. if you delete too much.. you can just change the colour and restore the part you removed.

And then just put the other image you want in a different layer and drag it below the layer you have used the alpha layer on, then you should be able to see your second image, in the area that you have blackened on your alpha layer.

Hope this wasnīt too cryptic.

and there is an option somewhere that will allow you to remove all colour from an area of your choice, just cant remember where..

(and no im not talking about the mode thing where you make the entire image and all its layer in grayscale or simple monochrome.)

John.nl
01-09-05, 10:45
Select all, copy, make a new document (select transparent for the BG) and
paste into the new doc.

Hope that makes sense, would give more details but i dont has PS installed atm.

Cool, I used your tip to put the mugshot stripes in the background.

Thanks!

sanityislost
01-09-05, 11:19
Cool, I used your tip to put the mugshot stripes in the background.

Thanks!

Nprobs mate :)