PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Outskirt

Tratos
24-08-05, 17:53
The Lost Outskirt is home to all those pesky kiddnappers with their shotguns who are involved in one of the assignments given to new citizens it is also now possibly my new favorite zone in Neocron.

This place is really cool, it has suspended walkways, countless buildings which i assume were previously accessable but the doors are turned off, as all of them are within the zone, it has a really cool ad display in the center of it some what look to be secured trader locations (unfortunatly sealed behind untargetable doors) it houses the enterance to an unnamed building has a raised platform once home to one of the secure shops, one of the buildings has a huge hole blasted out of it which you can get into via a ladder a crator in the floor which has been filled with water and its just a really cool zone.

Take alook at the screens i took when i explored it more on my monk: Click Here (http://techhaven.org/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=album03&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php)

But its an old zone never designed to be the Lost Outskirt as it has its very own fenced off connecting zonelines so this got me wondering, where is it from O_o was it an old Outzone map that never saw the light of day? was it to be a trasition zone from Pepper Park to Outzone, or the Industrial Area to the Outzone? this puzzels me and makes me wonder what other hidden gems do KK have that were never released?

Makes you think doesnt it O_o

Also as a final note: This is a really cool zone aswell. (http://techhaven.org/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=album03&id=aay&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php)

Toxen
24-08-05, 17:55
Can anyone rember what oz 7 looked liked I can't

Obsidian X
24-08-05, 17:58
But its an old zone never designed to be the Lost Outskirt as it has its very own fenced off connecting zonelines so this got me wondering, where is it from O_o was it an old Outzone map that never saw the light of day? was it to be a trasition zone from Pepper Park to Outzone, or the Industrial Area to the Outzone? this puzzels me and makes me wonder what other hidden gems do KK have that were never released?

Makes you think doesnt it O_o

I too often wonder about the history behind these zones, what they were intended for, and other stuff long forgotten about. It looks to me like another OZ sector, perhaps it led to the one that the Subway passes now..? (I heard that was actually a zone that never got implemented). Imagine if they removed the barracades in the Lost Outskirt, and you ended up zoning into a "Zone of the Damned" where all the abandonded zones and mobs exist? :cool:

Tratos
24-08-05, 17:59
Can anyone rember what oz 7 looked liked I can't
Its a power plant iirc i really want it back to explore it, only seem glimpses of it from people posting screens on the forums for a few seconds before they get banned :/

@Above: Hehe a world of KKs lost removed and forgotten projects would be cool, look a zoneline i wonder where this will take me :eek: then turning a corner to see some forgotten mob and saying "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!" :p

Judge
24-08-05, 19:12
Yeah there are some really cool zones that have only been shown due to the need for "new" zones for the Newbie quests... I really really like the lab zone that was in the offline demo, where you wake up from cryo sleep and have to kill TG or something.... that was well cool. Its used as a lab with animals in iirc in the newbie quests.

Dribble Joy
24-08-05, 19:16
The newbie areas have got loads of potential for other quests too.

-FN-
24-08-05, 19:28
The Lost Outskirts for some reason drop my computer to single FPS - when I usually get 50+ everywhere else o_O For that reason, I don't like the place.

Tratos
24-08-05, 19:33
The Lost Outskirts for some reason drop my computer to single FPS - when I usually get 50+ everywhere else o_O For that reason, I don't like the place.

I get that with the Tiki Club but as you can see from those screenies my FPS wasnt bad i normaly get max FPS indoors though.

Yeah the cryolab was great there was more to it in the demo wasnt there?

I'd love to see a real subway maintainence line like the one in the demo also which is now one of the rooms with the machines in it for the newbie quests (the long corridor one) and the old subway system which is now the smugglers cave.

If there were those areas in NC but ofcourse alot bigger and spanning the whole subway plus the subway OZ zone it would be a large addition and very shiney tbh.

IceStorm
25-08-05, 00:00
Can anyone rember what oz 7 looked liked I can'tI've seen OZ7. The Lost Outskirts isn't it.

Obsidian X
25-08-05, 00:17
Sort of on the subject of this thread, when you go into the aggie cellars, through the first corridor, the corridor looks to continue into the water but is sealed by what looks like a dynamically placed fence (it certainly doesn't look like part of the map) - the grate that drones always get stuck in. Did this once lead somewhere as well?

Tratos
25-08-05, 00:46
Sort of on the subject of this thread, when you go into the aggie cellars, through the first corridor, the corridor looks to continue into the water but is sealed by what looks like a dynamically placed fence (it certainly doesn't look like part of the map) - the grate that drones always get stuck in. Did this once lead somewhere as well?

The aggie cellers are a re-use ;) theres a place in the Mainsewer which is the Aggressor captain room but it makes more sence, there are very few fences and none of the ones that look like GM placed.

The Mainsewer, is awesome :p lol

Judge
25-08-05, 01:15
Yeah, and you come up into it through that sewer hatch thats at the back of the Aggie Cellar. They should SO connect the aggie cellars into the main sewers. Would be awesome.

Toxen
25-08-05, 01:37
Yuh main sewers are rarely used these days and theres some intresting stuff down there if ya know your way around and are handy with a hack tool but for all the wondering around in the main sewer you can only go from PP3 to Ind A, you should be able to crop up in all the leveling sewers and aggie cellars perhaps have a exit point out into the wastes up near mc phearson. Not that I want another entrance into NC for doy so what in some NC Turrets

eprodigy
25-08-05, 02:04
one i just found that i liked.. pp3 at the 'construction facility' is Neofrag Deck 1 map with all the areas but the main one with the spinning thing in it closed off with walls.

Judge
25-08-05, 11:46
There is that really weird looking Neofrag map from the Neofrag in PP3 which iirc was meant to be a concept map for Plaza or something.