PDA

View Full Version : Another lowtech rifle pe thread ;)

Xeno LARD
23-08-05, 21:44
Right, working on another setup. Got some questions about it. And i know theres a search function but i didn't find anything good and i can't be arsed to search some more as i'm on 56k right now and t'internet is so goddamn slow, it's freaking me out. :(

How much r-c and wep do pain easer, termi and that ts assault rifle need to cap? I'm actually more interested in wep than in r-c as i wanna know how high i can spec psu without crippling my aiming.

Next thing would be runspeed, what's a good value to spec for rifles? Would 80ish in both atl and agl be ok or too slow? I'm trying to keep the numbers close to each other as i can't get that much agl actually (love my hovertec ;)). Highest i could possibly go would be somewhere in the 90ies for both agl and atl.

Also, whats a good poison resist? Like when does it actually make sense to even have por specced? Right now my setup got about 85 poison resist, i guess that should be ok. Any tips on that?

And the last one i wanna know, is using defensive psi 2 worth it or wasting an implant slot? I'm thinking about using it for a better tl 10 heal and a db sanctum. Could i get any goot stats (fast casting mostly) on that spell?

Can't wait to get that setup going, it's gonna be amazing once i tweaked it some more. 500 health, yay. :)

Dribble Joy
24-08-05, 02:13
Preference really.

Do you want 100/100 runspeed or lots of por?

You should be fairly speedy as a lowtecher, especially with a TSR, so you will have loads of agl.

Mechanicus
24-08-05, 04:55
only way to really get a good setup imo is just lom between a number of differnt options and test which is best, there is no easy way

i usually go something like 65 ath 95 agl on my PEs but im a pistols guy so i dunno what you'd take on a rifler

i always found around 70-75 por was fine on a PE (so for example VK vest and 35 por)

i'd say a def psi 2 is worthless, any bonus it'd give would be so small you'd never notice it, only psi setup i go with nowadays on my PEs is 74 ppu 48 mst 26 ppw and br3, the extra resists and hp are brilliant, i get over 500% on a tl10 heal and i cast all my spells really fast

Nullvoid
24-08-05, 12:49
about the wep lore question. I currently have 100 base psi use on my rifler, 125 total and still he has over 100 wep lore. Enough so that aiming is capped on the termi/tsu epic rifle(he has 160 r-c).

Xeno LARD
24-08-05, 13:39
That helps a lot already as i can be sure to fully cap even a pain easer.

Now to choose between PE, termi or ts rifle only...

The setup got 80+ por, 120+ fire/xray, 130+ enr, runspeed above 90/90 and at least 480 health now.
Now its just down to deciding if i'm gonna use pe, termi or ts rifle. In that order health on the setup will be about 480, 500 or 520. :)

About por, 65 still any good? Or too low already? Anyway, think i'll just try that out ingame to decide by myself.

Mechanicus
24-08-05, 13:47
you should get away with 65, just keep your distance from devs

480 hp is easily enough, so i'd go with that and a pain easer

Dargeshaad
24-08-05, 14:17
I personally think all those points in POR is a waste of points even on a LT PE, only POR I use on my two TSU PEs are VK armor and that's 37 POR and the few times I meet a tank with a dev I do just fine, mainly because I know how to keep a distance

eprodigy
24-08-05, 16:25
none of my chars have ever had poison resist at all... i just cant stand speccing something that will hardly ever be used...

most melee tanks suck + netcode issues and most dev tanks can't aim ;)

Mechanicus
24-08-05, 16:40
why would anybody not take por?
its just not worth the 1-2 damage less you'll take from each burst or the 1 extra burst you'll take from having more hp to sacrivise something as big as por and leave yourself so vulnarable

and who needs to aim with a dev? it aims almost as easily as a psi module, i can thing of plenty of dev tanks t hat can aim too

Zeninja
24-08-05, 17:48
I nearly capped Tsu rifle (TL 75) with DEX 98, r-c 120, wep 95
I nearly capped Termi (TL 87) with DEX 98, r-c 146, wep 113

I was 75 base wep and 100 base r-c for both.

As soon as you will be pure rifle, I suppose that 50 base wep is enough with imps to cap your terminator assuming you are 160+ r-c, then you'll be able to put 100 base psu and the rest in hck for OP/belts with spy3 or poke TL84 with a glove.

But I think you should make some tests at NF not to raise psu to 100 base, cause you won't get so much freq difference on a 120/120 shelter/db from 91-94 psu to 100. Plus, maybe you plan using nightspiders for rb3/heat/haz ?

Dribble Joy
24-08-05, 23:13
120 rc is obscene.

Dargeshaad
25-08-05, 01:07
That's just pure bullshit you need 150+ rc and 75+ WPL to cap a TSU rifle

sultana
25-08-05, 08:36
why would anybody not take por?
its just not worth the 1-2 damage less you'll take from each burst or the 1 extra burst you'll take from having more hp to sacrivise something as big as por and leave yourself so vulnarable

and who needs to aim with a dev? it aims almost as easily as a psi module, i can thing of plenty of dev tanks t hat can aim too
Because 125 fire/energy/xray and 75 (or so poison) is much better then 135 fire/xray/energy, seeing as the amount you gain from that 10 extra resist is practically nothing.

Bugs Gunny
25-08-05, 09:38
I'm so thinking of deleting my capped hybrid tank and making a lowtech pe.
So i'm left with a gimped ppu, four spies and three pes then.

sultana
25-08-05, 10:45
Erm, can't edit my previous post but, I just figured I'm actually agreeing with Mechanicus. Yeah :rolleyes:

4 spies and 3 pes? :eek:

Though I've got 3 spies and 2 pe's atm. Gotta cap 2 of those 3 spies though 8|

RogerRamjet
25-08-05, 23:51

wtf?

The dev aims like a bitch, especially at anywhere further than about a meter away, and if he's a good rifle PE, he'll use his range advantage against a dev tank.

Dribble Joy
26-08-05, 00:31
The dev is a raygun style weapon, hence you need very little lock.

Xeno LARD
26-08-05, 12:35
I nearly capped Tsu rifle (TL 75) with DEX 98, r-c 120, wep 95
I nearly capped Termi (TL 87) with DEX 98, r-c 146, wep 113

I was 75 base wep and 100 base r-c for both.

As soon as you will be pure rifle, I suppose that 50 base wep is enough with imps to cap your terminator assuming you are 160+ r-c, then you'll be able to put 100 base psu and the rest in hck for OP/belts with spy3 or poke TL84 with a glove.

But I think you should make some tests at NF not to raise psu to 100 base, cause you won't get so much freq difference on a 120/120 shelter/db from 91-94 psu to 100. Plus, maybe you plan using nightspiders for rb3/heat/haz ?
146/120 r-c to cap? Can't believe that. Right now the PE setup got 163 r-c, the termi one got 159 and the ts rifle setup got 154 r-c. I hope those number are enough to cap the rifles. Oh, wep only affects pistol dmg but not rifle dmg, right?
And yes, i'll be using ns for BR3 (better psi setup as if using heat1, it's not worth the 3 more health it'd give me).
Final int setup will be 100 base wep, rest dumped into psu. I'd rather aim fast than cast fast. ;)

I personally think all those points in POR is a waste of points even on a LT PE, only POR I use on my two TSU PEs are VK armor and that's 37 POR and the few times I meet a tank with a dev I do just fine, mainly because I know how to keep a distance
Hm, think i'll try that then. The PE setup got 80+ poison right now, lowering it to somewhere 'round 50 i think i can get the pe setup above 500 health. Sweet. :)

Though i actually think i'll go with the termi/ts rifle setup, got it up to 520 health now with 123 fire/xray, 130ish enr, 90/90 runspeed and nearly 70 poison as i just don't like to be too weak against it. The benefit for health or the other resists just isn't worth it. I could actually lower por here aswell to vk only but i don't know where to put the points it would free up in con. :lol:
Best setup i ever made!1 :)

RogerRamjet
26-08-05, 13:27
Ive just made a better one. Anti-rad FOR TEH WIN!!!!88888

Fafhrd
26-08-05, 16:34
Ive just made a better one. Anti-rad FOR TEH WIN!!!!88888

druggy :-)

Original monk
26-08-05, 16:37
anti radiationsuit for the ones that can afford :)

Jipz
26-08-05, 16:43
how many drugs ull take for it lol that sux

Zeninja
27-08-05, 08:33
146/120 r-c to cap? Can't believe that. Right now the PE setup got 163 r-c, the termi one got 159 and the ts rifle setup got 154 r-c. I hope those number are enough to cap the rifles. Oh, wep only affects pistol dmg but not rifle dmg, right?
Right. But I never pretended capping any weapon with 120 r-c, I suggest you read my last post again and notice that strange word "nearly" just before "capped".

I think I obtained something like 160% dmg, 157/min freq, and 230% aiming (caps are 178%, 170/min, 267%), which is more than enough considering I was only using my Tsu Rifle to snipe people from very high distance. YES, you will have to invest a little more points from that base I just gave you for a fully capped tsu rifle, I thought I didn't have to precise it at this point. You also have to know that a recent patch boosted weapon lore effect (after they nerfed it a long time ago), that's why I could finally use only a few weplore.

I can't remember about my stats on the Termi with 146 rc, but they were more satisfying than the Tsu ones, cause I was using it for close combat switching some imps/armor on the same template.

By the way, know how to aim > capped weapons :rolleyes:

@dribblejoy : I know 120 r-c is way "obscene", but that was all I could afford since I was also using Assault Glider, Reveler, Paw of tiger (switching imps/armor to STR Pe), T-C, and still hacking belts/OPs, with no drug at all (excepting a TB for POT). Had a lot of fun at CRP and OPs playing this char :)

Dargeshaad
27-08-05, 08:45
By the way, know how to aim > capped weapons :rolleyes:

knowing how to aim + capped rof + capped dmg > you :rolleyes:

Zeninja
27-08-05, 09:03
knowing how to aim + capped rof + capped dmg
Was this guy playing beta ? He must have closed his account, cause I still haven't met him up, yet :rolleyes:

most melee tanks suck + netcode issues
Is there a link with recent changes while casting spells ? Or am I just so weak ? I used to play a MC tank even before melee was upped last, and I undoubtedly got better performances than with the one I'm playing now, who just can't make any damage to an ennemy running the right way around me. Last time outside MB, I even got owned by a Silent Hunter spy that took almost no damage at all thought I had hit him about 30 times client-side, like if he was 200+ poison resist and wearing deflector belt healing with crahn rejuv. This wasn't lag at all, I was full FPS, nice ping, and my ennemi's char was moving smoothly as usual on my screen.

Imho, now melee is only useful for closed areas or against very low runspeed chars. This should be taken in count when building poison resists and runspeed now.

Dargeshaad
27-08-05, 11:25
Was this guy playing beta ? He must have closed his account, cause I still haven't met him up, yet :rolleyes:

Not really sure what you imply with this, that there's noone that can beat you or that you haven't met me yet...

...anyway as to the netcode and melee tanks sucks I believe kk stated somewhere in either a patch note or a planfile that the player update rate had been lowered to take some stress off the server/save bandwidth

RogerRamjet
27-08-05, 17:46
how many drugs ull take for it lol that sux

2 for dex.

And its only for the novelty value, and the "onoz, pistol spy using DB, haxx" etc afterwards :D

Xeno LARD
27-08-05, 18:15
2 for dex.

And its only for the novelty value, and the "onoz, pistol spy using DB, haxx" etc afterwards :D
Heh, amazing idea.
Can you actually get that anti rad suite?
Workin out a setup now. :p

Dargeshaad
27-08-05, 19:02
Heh, amazing idea.
Can you actually get that anti rad suite?
Workin out a setup now. :p
Only if you brought it over from NC1, so good luck in finding someone who did that ;)

RogerRamjet
27-08-05, 19:24
Only if you brought it over from NC1, so good luck in finding someone who did that ;)

AKA Moi.

And get the fecking internet before i ring up Germany and tell them to send someone round :P

Xeno LARD
04-10-05, 12:12
Pff, can't really make up any good setups with that PA.
Crappy drugs and imps to get into it.
:mad:

awkward silence
05-10-05, 14:01

I got one =) but i dont use it.

RogerRamjet
05-10-05, 16:18
Pff, can't really make up any good setups with that PA.
Crappy drugs and imps to get into it.
:mad:

Ive made a 1337 setup :D

uN-Prawn
05-10-05, 22:05
what is a good non rare or Epic, Rifle to do PvP? Are there any?

Dribble Joy
06-10-05, 01:40
TG raygun or the reeza's gaze are tl 88.

For lowtech, either the TSU rifle or the tl 79 gat rifle.

Xeno LARD
06-10-05, 15:29
EPR is quite nice.
At least it was the last time i used it...

uN-Prawn
09-10-05, 10:25
EPR hm i will try it.

eprodigy
10-10-05, 01:30
i tryed EPR setup not long ago, i thought it sucked... too low dmg, tiny clip, bad aim (misses like FL). only real viable non rare rifle as far as i have tested is the TS rifle. couple good pistols though (tl80 fusion, blacksun, tl92 pulse)

Xeno LARD
11-10-05, 11:42
i tryed EPR setup not long ago, i thought it sucked... too low dmg, tiny clip, bad aim (misses like FL). only real viable non rare rifle as far as i have tested is the TS rifle. couple good pistols though (tl80 fusion, blacksun, tl92 pulse)
I know, i played a rifle spy for quite some time using a first love. The only reason to use the plasma rifles is their sexyness, i just love em.
And if you actually manage to hit a full clip, they hurt quite nice.

On the other hand, there's no runspeed drawback with pistols which means more health and i can choose between blacksun, fusion pistol and the pulselaser one. More variety.