PDA

View Full Version : Any Formula 1 Fans out there?

vpreztap
23-08-05, 16:34
I have been following F1 for about 10 years now and was wondering if anyone out there were big fans. I personally like M. Schumacher and F. Alonso. I hate Kimi Raikkonen.

Also did anyone see that dumb ass move Montoya made on a lap care that took him out of 2nd on the 2nd to last lap that basically handed Alonso the driver championship? What the hell was he thinking?!?!?!

sanityislost
23-08-05, 16:45
Im not a big fan but i watch it now and then.

Think one of Montoya's tires had lost most of its grip during the race so he kinda
shot off the edge was rather evil lol

SiL ..:..

vpreztap
23-08-05, 16:53
well i think he saied he flatspotted the tire lapping tiego montiero and then he drove it in to hard and lost it. He had a good 3-5 seconds on alonso he could have braked a bit short and fought him off for 1 more lap.

[TgR]KILLER
23-08-05, 16:53
don't think montoya drove the car off the track on purpose do dun think he was thinking.. alonso was right behind him so he had to push it when you push it you can make mistakes.

not following f1 that much. a bit now 2 dutch guys are driving for minardi again but its a chanceless team lol. atm i'm waiting for A1 to start =) Jos gonna pwnz all the niblets.

vpreztap
23-08-05, 16:57
no love for your minardi brothers :lol: :lol:

Selendor
23-08-05, 17:02
Used to be a huge Forumula 1 fan, and still watch most of the races (Nigel Mansell ftw), but it is in a terrible state at the moment, and could well be entering its twilight years. Silly in-fighting, bad decisions on how to make the sport interesting mean that a rival franchise could soon come along to challenge it.

At the end of the day, you spend two hours watching to see if someone breaks down or they can overtake someone by going into the pits a few laps early. The rest of the time its stupid aerodynamically-catstrated nonsense where no one can do anything about the person in front of them because of turbulence. :mad:

/Flame mode off.

vpreztap
23-08-05, 17:06
well i read somewhere that in 2008 (i think) they mightl be reducing the down force on cars by 90% so cars can ride right up on each other. Should make the sport more competitive and exciting to watch.

Also the return of the slick :D

[TgR]KILLER
23-08-05, 17:47
no love for your minardi brothers :lol: :lol:

hell they are good they can drive but the car is crap ;x always said the same thing when Jos still drove for minardi. he got on podium once when he still drove for benneton. after that he only drove for lil small teams with sucky cars. thats why i'm waiting for the A1 series to start ;x

sanityislost
23-08-05, 18:50
isnt minardi changing next year? think red bull are also...
Ghard is a big fan but i forget most the stuff he talks about (unless its gaming lol)

SiL ..:..

System
23-08-05, 18:54
i'll watch it whenever i see it on, don't keep up on it. But i sure as hell like playing GT4 with a F1

Skusty
23-08-05, 19:13
motorsports = rox ( esspecially WRC )

But im not a F1 fan but my dad is! He shouts GO KIMI!!! when Kimi.r is close winning :D

Brammers
23-08-05, 19:33
I am a big Formula 1 fan. Me on the other hand does not like M. Schumacher, but I do like Kimi. Kimi is by far is the fastest driver out there this year.

The corner that Montoya went off - that was not totally Montoya's fault. The Jordan that got in the way and took him off the track, damaged his suspension and tyres. He only got back out in front of Alonso who increased the pace, pushing Montoya's damaged car beyond it's damaged limits. Otherwise we would had been looking at a nice McLaren 1-2 finish.

As far as I'm aware, Minardi is staying around next year, and so is Red Bull. Maybe you are thinking of Jordan which is being rebranded Midland next year.

vpreztap
23-08-05, 20:04
yea minardi has a glimmer of hope comming possibly in 2008 where all manufacturers have to have full cars available for other teams to buy. Just think minardi team driving a renault/mclaren/ferrari o_O

vpreztap
23-08-05, 20:06
oh also i am not disputing that Kimi is that fastest thing on the track. I just think his personality is not very fan friendly.