PDA

View Full Version : Combatrank and XP

Superbron
23-08-05, 14:01
Hi,

I have some questions about how to optimize your XP.

1. Do you gain the most XP when your combatrank is much lower than the combatrank of the mob you are damaging? i.e. does a 0/2 runner gain more XP from damaging a 120/120 mob with his fists than a 60/60 runner would do?

2. At which point do you no longer gain XP from killing a mob ("your rank is too high,...")

3. Is there an optimum between your own combatrank and the combatrank of the mob XP-gain-wise?

Thanks in advance,

sultana
23-08-05, 14:21
Afaik (and this is just all guess work from what I have seen):

Once a mobs rank turns green to you, you start losing xp from the kill. When a mobs rank is yellow to you, that's the "optimum" rank to gain xp from. Where when a mobs rank is red to you, it's in between both of those and you gain the "normal xp".

Once a mobs rank turns grey to you, you get the "Pick on someone your own size" message, though you still gain a tiny bit of xp from it.

Also afaik, the higher the tl weapon you use, the more xp you will get from a mob (depending on your rank).

Though I could be wrong in all of this and it only relates to money (the red rank/green rank/grey rank part anyway).

Dribble Joy
23-08-05, 14:28
The only thing combat rank affects when killing mobs is the cash reward and whether you gain xp in teams.

Otherwise it has no effect on solo xp at all.

XP gain is determined per mob, by the lvl of the mob and the tl of the weapon you are using.

The dmg of the weapon is only an indirect affector (more dmg means you kill a mob faster, more mobs in a given time frame means more xp in that time frame).

Superbron
23-08-05, 14:36
So a 0/2 runner killing a 120/120 mob with his fist would gain the exact amount of XP as a 60/60 runner would gain killing the same mob with his fist?

Dribble Joy
23-08-05, 14:46
edit

Yeah

Tesee
23-08-05, 14:48
it is important to check the time you need to kill one mob:
If you need 5 min to kill a mob which give you many XP, how many less powerfull mobs will you kill in the same 5 min and will they give you more XP than the big mob?

Dribble Joy
23-08-05, 14:50
Exactly.

People go off trying to kill lvl 120s, when they would make far more by killing WBs at a far higher rate.

Morganth
23-08-05, 14:56
Exactly.

People go off trying to kill lvl 120s, when they would make far more by killing WBs at a far higher rate.

Yeah, before you could take a 0/2 anywhere with a PPU and level. Now most mobs will 1-shot anything without enough CON :lol:

Although I'm not impressed with Kami drones, especially as the netcode doesn't allow them to be seen until they've already exploded :rolleyes:, so one minute you are alive, next there is an explosion and you are dead. Nice job KK.

sultana
23-08-05, 15:00
The only thing combat rank affects when killing mobs is the cash reward and whether you gain xp in teams.

Otherwise it has no effect on solo xp at all.

XP gain is determined per mob, by the lvl of the mob and the tl of the weapon you are using.

The dmg of the weapon is only an indirect affector (more dmg means you kill a mob faster, more mobs in a given time frame means more xp in that time frame).
I remember when levelling my spy, I would gain 200k dex xp per DoY bot using a RoG, yet 220k xp per bot using a HL.

It actually used to be 400k dex xp per bot using the hl, but it changed after a patch. This was ages ago in nc1 though.

Dribble Joy
23-08-05, 15:01
The TL of the weapon, as said, affects xp gain per mob killed. So a HL would do more than a rog.

Superbron
23-08-05, 15:03
Ok thanks, I have another another question though:
Does a runner with combatrank 40 gain more XP by only once hitting a 60 mob instead of a level 40 mob?

Dribble Joy
23-08-05, 15:08
The xp is worked out per mob, so a single hit will gain you a proportion of xp equivalent to the amount of dmg you did in that single hit compared with the total hp of the mob.

Say you do 1/2 the mobs hp in dmg in a single hit, you will gain in that single hit, as much xp as half that of killing the mob.