PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Hacknet Terminal - Replacement Idea

MrDomino
23-08-05, 05:54
I reactivated my account in time for college and am going to be playing Neocron while I'm there. To my surprise I found these new hacknet terminals all over the place. They stuck out so much and don't fit the setting at all. It reminded me of SWG where they made the area and then stuck all the terminals in one part and they didn't even blend in with the setting. So I've come up with an alternative to replace these ugly things and make them blend in better to the atmosphere. They should create broken Gen-Reps and City Coms to hack in. The new hack net ports would be broken and sparking all over to let the person know they weren't just regular terminals.

Please rate and tell me what you think.

Pictures:
(1) Neocron's Hack Net Entrance
(2) Ugly Terminal from SWG
(3) New Hack Net (City Com)
(4) New Hack Net (Gen-Rep)

MrTrip
23-08-05, 07:33
But Gene Replicators are NOT broken...and are ALL hacknet terms...thumbs down on that...but the rest yes, the current HN terminals are really ugly...

[TgR]KILLER
23-08-05, 09:51
and big lol. if you just get transported to hacknet why the portal need to be that big ass :p just make a portal the size of the custom placeable gogo's and make a nice terminal head on it.

Toxen
23-08-05, 20:41
The way I perceive hacknet terms should be is like the abandoned Rooms entrances that look like big hatchs with control panels on something like that but slightly different.