PDA

View Full Version : name changes

THE_TICK!!!!
22-08-05, 14:46
i remember back in the day you used to be able to change your name on your char once...is this still possible ? if so how would one go about it ?

Bugs Gunny
22-08-05, 14:50
I mailed them and they said they didn't support that feature in nc2 yet... 6 months ago.

It would be cool however to be able to change you charname once like in nc1.

Toxen
22-08-05, 15:12
BS I've had my name changed In NC2, I was running around as codi over the christmas period took em 2-3 months before someone came a knocking asking me what I wanted my name changed to.

Nidhogg
22-08-05, 15:14
We can (and will) change character names where they are offensive or otherwise break the rules but they have to be done manually. We do not currently support name changes because we don't have an automated process (or the equivalent human bandwidth) to do so.

N

Seraphin[69]
22-08-05, 15:31
I bought an account on ebay, asked for a name change, they answered : you can't, just bear the name or reroll (something like that ^^)

Bugs Gunny
22-08-05, 15:32
So who do i mail to get that done?

Nidhogg
22-08-05, 15:37
So who do i mail to get that done?
Did you actually read what I jost wrote? Maybe it wasn't 100% clear. We don't change people's names on request, yet.

N

Toxen
22-08-05, 15:42
Manual huh, Mine was done within 30 seconds, the scripting for changing names via a web interface is still there left over from the NC1-NC2 transfer so it can already be tied to account details. Sooooo

Bugs Gunny
22-08-05, 15:43
I was just hoping my email would reach the same person that changed Toxen's name in NC2.

Toxen
22-08-05, 15:46
Ah but my resser was Running around as Codi rember people were starting to get confused, come to think of it my ressers primary apt password is still Codi with no way to change it.

Nidhogg
22-08-05, 15:49
I'll explain it again because I'm obviously failing to get it across clearly enough. Can we change your name? Yes we can, and we will if we don't like it. Do we have time to change dozens of people's names simply because they don't like the one they have? No. It sucks, but until we have a way of doing it quickly and safely that's the way it is.

N

[TgR]KILLER
22-08-05, 16:15
so basicly you can't get your name changed @ all, unless KK or other players complain about the name being abusive or harasive ( how you spell that ? )

so to round up once and for all

can you get your name changed by asking kk if its a normal name like "pete soaders" (unless its abusive see below :p): NO

will kk change your name when its a abusive or any other not fitting name: YES

so unless you called your char "omg nid sucks" you can't change your name ;x

clear ?

Bugs Gunny
22-08-05, 16:17
Bugs Gunny is considered to be extremely offensive to the natives of Central Borneo...........

[TgR]KILLER
22-08-05, 16:23
your belgian and you just made a stupid mistake as your.. well :p

:angel: just kidding bugsy ;x

Bugs Gunny
22-08-05, 16:29
Oh killer, that's borderline racisme there :-)

Well, i think this heralds the end of the character formerly known as "Bugs Gunny". I hope the Central Borneans feel good about themselves when i preced the deletion with a neg sl rampage in the city.

If anybody asks why i killed them...

IT'S ALL NIDHOGG'S FAULT :angel:

The Ottoman
22-08-05, 17:39
KILLER']your belgian and you just made a stupid mistake as your.. well :p

:angel: just kidding bugsy ;x

What's that about Belgians?! Don't make me break off my sabatical and come with my swirly stuff ingame!!! ;)