PDA

View Full Version : Couple Thoughts on Hacknet

[PiN]Fluffy
22-08-05, 02:59
Well The other day We took an Op from One of the ProCIty clans... And I ran by a hacknet hacker on my spy who was trying to defend their op And he couldnt sucessfully kill me and i made it to the Term and Took the Op. And to Add even more insult to injury i actually made it out alive aswell with no heal or buffs.

With that said. I think KK you should just completely restore hacknet to how it used to be. Before they "Fixed" hacknet no non hacker could survive a Pure Hacknet hacker. I know very well we would have Volvo Hold ops for us for hours in hacknet aginst 3-4 peaople at a time who were all non Hacknet Hackers and that is the way it should be in all honesty. Hacknet Should play a Vital Role in Op Fighting. Just like PPu's and Apu's Hacknet has been put fourth by KK as part of OP fighting. In the Current State hacknet is in, it is pointless to have a pure hacker. I had taken a ppu down to 1/2 Health as he entered into hacknet to take an Op from us and yet Our "Pure" hacknet hacker could not kill this enemy ppu. The ppu's Foreign Holy Heal Sanctum and Shelter And Deflector as well as Resist buffs Also worked in hacknet. Therefore making Hacknet useless. A Single Apu/PPu hybird Could Easily kill 20-30 hacknet hackers outside of hacknet. But still Hacknet Hackers cant kill 1 Non hacker inside hacknet With or without buffs. I know some players Dont Wana Role Hacknet Characters just as some dont wish to play Ppu's or Tanks but this is why we have clans To get a Group of different people play different classes to support eachother and make a sucessful OP fighting team. Therfore People Should be Forced To role Hacknet hackers if They wish to be Sucessful at Opfighting. I have seen some Great Fights between 2 hacknet hackers before hacknet was "Fixed". But now You can spend 1/2 hour fighting another pure hacknet hacker and not kill them with how bad damage has been nerfed. I just want to hear what the community thinks about this....

-Teh killa Fluffeh BunnEh

[VP]Orion
22-08-05, 03:20
Im just hoping KKs hacknet "balancing" gets finished soon so we that actually like hacknet can continue playing inside. If not, I wish that KK would undo that patch until the balancing is fully completed, and then the whole finished balancing can be patched in at once instead of having this useless "limbo" we have now.

Bugs Gunny
22-08-05, 07:52
A ppu buffed char with good runspeed will indeed make it in and out.
Pvp between capped hacknet spies is like two blessed hybrids fighting it takes forever and is boring as hell.

Original monk
22-08-05, 10:03
i think you are right fluffy, bring it back as it used to be ... so pure hacknethackers pwn all the rest in there ...

as you say ... outside HN a hybrid can put down 20 pure hacknethackers but inside hacknet ... a pure HNhacker cant even kill 1 hybrid lol ...

make my pure hacknethacker viable again thanx ! (i use em for trading atm :) )

Brammers
22-08-05, 13:47
Yeap agree 100% Fluffy. I was in the process of writing a major summary of Hacknet and opwars, except the text is in a file work, and I'm on a course away from work for the week...

The hacknet is a virtual world. Real world buffs should not exist inside a virtual world. The hacknet hacker is king of the virtual world, not the buff PPU with hack and no tech combat.

[PiN]Fluffy
23-08-05, 00:25
YUp. I thought alot of people would agree. Hacknet Blows ATM KK. Plz Restore it....

[PiN]Fluffy
23-08-05, 13:45
NO Thoughts By any Gm's?

Brammers
23-08-05, 23:52
Well Dirus is the man for Hacknet. He's been rebalancing it, and seems to be the driving force behind the changes.

Rogue Arson
24-08-05, 00:35
I personally believe it was changed because a select few put in the time to cap a pure hacknet, learn what it took to use a pure hacker, and get decent at it. The masses didn't put in the time, and were subsequently destroyed.

The current hacknet makes that time put in useless now. A pure hacker can't do the damage, can't move fast enough, and doesn't have the range to harm a combat char coming into HN to tap the term, let alone kill him. Right now, hacknet is just a 30 second delay to taking an op. Not the battlefield it could/should have been. I say get it back to where it was, or at least close, or scrap it for ops entirely.

[PiN]Fluffy
24-08-05, 01:16
Exactly My feeling Rouge

Forked
24-08-05, 13:01
Yeah, I'm kind of happy that I lommed my rifle spy to droning instead of hacknet, as hacknet really isn't that useful. A ppu fully buffed with heal sanctum can steam past two hacknet spies with ease.

Hacknet is too "unfinished" as well. There's not actually anything to do in there. It should have more features and impact on the game beside for ops and fdbs.

But still I'd rather have netcode and bugs sorted before any new features.

[PiN]Fluffy
24-08-05, 21:50
Not saying to ADD to hacknet just restore it to how it used to be. It was perfect IMO as long as it had no bugs.... THe only problem i saw was people dieing as they zoned in.... TO avoid this you should hack 4th layer not walk through hacknet... ANd TBh if you gonna "Zone Whore" during a fight well now you have an advantage of not being hit when zoned but when coming back it is fair the person Waiting for you should see you 1st IMO.

Brammers
25-08-05, 13:40
I've seen the Zone Whoring tatic used, and fortunatly for us at the time, we had two hackers so we could sandwich the sod. Simple solution, make the doorway from the uplink zone to the outpost zone a hackable entrance.

Dirus
25-08-05, 17:12
HackNet is still a balance work in progress,

Ranges are what they are due to zoneline distance issues with mobs, and the fact giving the players more range then the mobs means the players will never get hit if they know how ot keep their distance. The ranges aren't truely final however, and may increase slightly still.

Non-hackers entering HackNet is a different problem entirely. There is no easy solution for this one so it's gonna take time to fix.

My work on HackNet will resume soon, just after I finish up a couple other things.

Rogue Arson
28-08-05, 02:05
Correct me if I'm wrong Dirus, but wasn't the speed of runners in hacknet reduced to prevent the really bad warping that existed before? If that speed could be returned to the pure hacker, it would put the balance somewhat back to where it belongs. The pure hacker SHOULD be faster than lightning compared to the poor sod that just drops his mind into the net once in a while to take an op. If we can't have our range back, how bout our speed?

Terror_Nonne
29-08-05, 04:22
give us over 150 points for the spy back :p
more speed, more range, more software-mods _ look spells :p
fix BD-Database, or new npc in neutral zone.... :p
give us tl 100 datacubes, phoenix-database :p
and the hacknet-run... phoenix-cpu... <<< 02.2005... :p
AND give us more power for the software.... Tech Haven Bridgelink
cant be played over 2 sec.... 2 shoots.... genreplist :p

fix the leveldesign in some sectors... there are to many....
databases, mainframes, travel-firewalls... etc...

look http://worldofhacknet.12m.de too, can find your bugs :p
(The Hacknet-Report)
i pay for these shit now over month..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

nobby
29-08-05, 05:41
I agree with the DMG nerf, unfair TBH, made hacknet chars even more shitter!

Though i have to remember the good time when i beat Volvo on my own hehe :p

We would have such nice duels together...

though only beat him the once :p

Dirus
30-08-05, 02:08
Correct me if I'm wrong Dirus, but wasn't the speed of runners in hacknet reduced to prevent the really bad warping that existed before? If that speed could be returned to the pure hacker, it would put the balance somewhat back to where it belongs. The pure hacker SHOULD be faster than lightning compared to the poor sod that just drops his mind into the net once in a while to take an op. If we can't have our range back, how bout our speed?

I'm going to see if I can't get HackNet's run speed skill modifiers changed a bit to differ from outside hacknet. That should help with the pure Hackers over the people who just wander in off the street.

give us over 150 points for the spy back :p
more speed, more range, more software-mods _ look spells :p
fix BD-Database, or new npc in neutral zone.... :p
give us tl 100 datacubes, phoenix-database :p
and the hacknet-run... phoenix-cpu... <<< 02.2005... :p
AND give us more power for the software.... Tech Haven Bridgelink
cant be played over 2 sec.... 2 shoots.... genreplist :p

fix the leveldesign in some sectors... there are to many....
databases, mainframes, travel-firewalls... etc...

look http://worldofhacknet.12m.de (http://worldofhacknet.12m.de/) too, can find your bugs :p
(The Hacknet-Report)
i pay for these shit now over month..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Over 150 points?

Possibly more speed, maybe a bit more range(not anywhere near the old one), don't need more mods.

BD DB will be fixed soon™

TL100 Datacubes come with the Pheonix CPU, Pheonix CPU will be released asap. Waiting on a couple thigns to be coded in before it's released.

More power? If you mean more damage.. then no.

Faction Items Construction Licenses issues will be corrected soon™ as well.

Terror_Nonne
30-08-05, 03:02
-SPY und sein Skillmangel fürs Hacknet

Laut unseren Tests, fehlen dem SPY derzeitig über 150 Skillpunkte
in zwei Skillpfaden. So ist es derzeitig nicht möglich eine gute
Resiskillung zu verwenden, da dann Mangel an Speed besteht, die
sich sehr massiv auswirkt. Auch ist es nicht möglich seine Software
(defensive) ans Cap zu bringen und gleichzeitig einen TL 50 Codebreaker
herstellen zu können. Natürlich leidet ebenfalls die Speed unter der
Attack-Skillung. Hoffen wir KK wird dies bald näher beleuchten und
die Formeln wieder auf ältere Werte zurücksetzen. Derzeitig wären man
wohl über den Einsatz von Implants im Hacknet heilfroh...

150 points = con / dex^^
^^ speed, less resi, agl... speed... less tc..., rec... less tc / agl

Der Spawn für die nötigen Netparts für den Codebreaker Mark-7 ist noch immer verbugt. So machen
manche Mobse noch immer zuviel Schaden, ist der Spawn mit diesen Mobsen im gesamten Sector der
Database, ist dies zwar erfreulich, da diese die Netparts enthalten, aber dennoch für einen
Fullhacker unmöglich zu bewältigen, da man nach 2 Sec die Genrepliste anklicken darf.
Desweitern macht die aufgezwungene Speedskillung die Sache dort nicht leichter. Der Mangel an
Skillpunkten beim SPY macht sich hier noch immer deutlich bemerkbar. Hoffen wir mal, das KK
die Formel für die Hacknetspeed bald wieder spielbar anpasst. Damit endlich die notwendigen
Resis wieder zur Verfügung stehen, die man derzeitig dringend benötigen könnte, aufgrund
des starken Schadens mancher Mobse. So ist es noch immer nicht möglich, bei Capt-Software
als Fullhacker längere Zeit gegen 3 Hunderter Mobs ohne Deckung bestehen zu können. Von der
TH-Bridgelink mal ganz zu schweigen... Also Leutz, Formeln anpassen... und Software endlich
mal anpassen... Gefixt ist nämlich was anderes ;)
check this with more power for software.... defensive / regeneration... play th-bridgelink and you will see.... or on mars high security login... fa / crahn sec... (full mobspawn with parts... u die after 2 sec.... fullhacker cap)

[Net_Agent]: Die neuen Waffenskins sind da!

Ja, Ihr habt richtig gelesen, sie sind Ingame. Leider wie es scheint, jedoch noch etwas verbugt.
So bewegen sie sich etwas zu schnell und vorallem zu weit in die Mitte vom Bildschirm.
Allgemein wirken sie bisher störend, auch wenn sie richtig schick aussehen.
Noja, meinereiner hat immer die 3d-Ansicht genossen. :)

need fix too ^^

Erneut Systemfehler entdeckt

Beim Zugriff auf die Phoenix-Database ist im Script ein Bezeichnungsfehler
unterlaufen, so gibt die Database aus, das sie einen Codebreaker Mark-6
einzieht, anstatt des Mark-7.

need fix too ^^

Systemfehler entdeckt

In den Bridge-Links, z.b. Point Red, ist KK ein Sector-Bezeichnungsfehler
unterlaufen. So steht in der Location Uplink, auf den Synchgates jedoch
richtigerweise Bridgelink.

need fix too ^^

[PiN]Fluffy
30-08-05, 05:04
Dirus,
Im just curious... You seem pretty Firm with your position on the hacknet Damge... I have Explained why i think it should be Restored to how it used to be. Why do u Feel so strongly about keeping the damge in the "GImp" state it's in now.

imper1um
30-08-05, 07:10
I wish that it required you to hack a terminal which required you to be a HN hacker to hack the base. Plus, it leaves you exposed. :p

Bugs Gunny
30-08-05, 09:10
Would be nice to have a minimum natural hack of 100 req on tagging the hacknet node.

There's absolutely NO need for hacknet hackers to take ops now, and if you send in a fully buffed ppu he can make it in and out alive against a softwarecapping hacknet spy.

Also techhaven bridgelink.... there's NO point at all to go there, even with a team. They all die one after the other.

Brammers
30-08-05, 17:04
Well I had to toss a coin to decide whether to post a new thread or not, but this thread is going in the same direction. As I said last week, I've got a load of stuff on Hacknet wirtten up, except it was on another PC.

Fairly recently, I had the chance to take part in some op-wars as a pure hacker. It was quite an interesting experience both from the point of view of taking an op and defending an op inside hacknet.

However, hacknet op-wars are not fun, partly because of the mis-balance (Which I hope Dirus is working on) and some of the problems due to the hacknet design. As things stand, to be honest there is no point having the 4th layer hack.

Here's my thoughts on Hacknet op-wars, and my suggested solutions. If you got any ideas, post them up. And maybe we will have some more pure hackers fighting for the ops.

You have 3 main sorts of hackers.

1. The pure hacknet spy - has nearly every single point in hack and tech combat, and they live inside hacknet. For the outside world, it's very dangerous for them. However when inside, they are the king of the hill when it comes to Hacknet PvP.
2. The spy or PE with some hack - these are the spies, who spec for real world combat. Inside hacknet, they may have Tech combat to use the hacknet weapons, but in a hacknet PvP situation they are toasted.
3. The monk with hack - They just have hack, and often do "The Run" to get the switch.

Problem: Zone whoring

This is where the clan hacker who wants to take the op arrives a bit too early, and finds a defending hacker waiting for him. What he does is keep zoning between the uplink zone, and the outpost zone making it very difficult to kill him. The only way to kill a zone whore is to have two hackers sandwitch him in each zone, but this still takes ages.

Solution to problem:
1. Make the entrance to the uplink zone time delayed, so you can only enter during a set timeframe.
2. Make the entrance to outpost zone from the uplink zone hackable, after all you are a hacker? (This includes the clan holding the op)

Prioblem: Warping

Usually this happens, when someone comes in the bottom hacknet entrance, and they come up the lift, to remain there for a few seconds before you notice, he's suddenly halfway around the zone, and got the switch.

Soluition: Netcode I hear? Do I hear Netcode..louder...NETCODE KK!

Problem: The fast escape.

You are defending, and the hacker has made it inside to hacknet, and got the switch. Once they have the switch they are out of there, and I mean out of there. You don't even get the honour to fight the hacker who has just quite simply had to jump down the ledges and hit the exit back to the outside world. Fall damage is not an issue, as once they are outside, they can heal themselves again, or if they are unlucky, they can be rezzed.

Soultion:
1. Put barriers in to stop them escaping by jumping down the ledges.
2. Make fall damage in hacknet deadly.

Problem: PPU buffs

Just before you go into hacknet to do your flying Neo moves to get the switch, you get your clan PPU to buff you with Holy Shelter. You hack in, and you still have your buffs. These buffs are just as good as level 0.3 buffs if not better. Add the problem with hacknet runspeed, (See below) this makes the attacker very hard to take down.

Solution:
Simply wipe all buffs when you enter the Hacknet world, after all this is the hackers world, not the real world.

Problem: Logging off next to the switch, or in the uplink zone.

This is when a clan plans in advance which op they are going to take. So what they do is position a hacker next to the switch inside Hacknet, and log off. Once the clan has 3rd layer, the players logs the hacker on, and clicks. No point in the hackers fighting, as the op has gone.

Solution: Make the switch move to different places inside Hacknet every 30 seconds, so you really do have to tag the switch.

Problem: Hacknet runspeed

It's very difficult to spec for good runspeed compared with real world characters. If the skills guide is correct, the runspeed formula is 0.26(26%) ATH + 0.26(26%) AGL (ie It's the same as the real world runspeed). As con setup is very important in hacknet, most hackers spec very little for ATH. Result the attacking hacker, who is taking the switch can simply run away!

Solutions: 1. Change the runspeed formula to be based on the hacker's TC and HCK skills.
2. Give special Hacknet implants that give ATH to the hacker.

imper1um
30-08-05, 17:19
Good post, here's my stance on them problems.

Problem: Zone whoring

This is where the clan hacker who wants to take the op arrives a bit too early, and finds a defending hacker waiting for him. What he does is keep zoning between the uplink zone, and the outpost zone making it very difficult to kill him. The only way to kill a zone whore is to have two hackers sandwitch him in each zone, but this still takes ages.

Solution to problem:
1. Make the entrance to the uplink zone time delayed, so you can only enter during a set timeframe.
2. Make the entrance to outpost zone from the uplink zone hackable, after all you are a hacker? (This includes the clan holding the op)
Yes, 15 second wait before you can go into the next zone is ftw. Also make it so that the zone warp thing does not take presidence over the person standing next to it. I can't count the times on my fingers and toes when I couldn't shoot a hacker easily because they were nudging the zone warp white thing. I can shoot them by aiming correctly, but it pisses me off.

Prioblem: Warping

Usually this happens, when someone comes in the bottom hacknet entrance, and they come up the lift, to remain there for a few seconds before you notice, he's suddenly halfway around the zone, and got the switch.

Soluition: Netcode I hear? Do I hear Netcode..louder...NETCODE KK!
The problem is Lift Codes, not net codes. For some reason, in lifts, your data doesn't change.

Problem: The fast escape.

You are defending, and the hacker has made it inside to hacknet, and got the switch. Once they have the switch they are out of there, and I mean out of there. You don't even get the honour to fight the hacker who has just quite simply had to jump down the ledges and hit the exit back to the outside world. Fall damage is not an issue, as once they are outside, they can heal themselves again, or if they are unlucky, they can be rezzed.

Soultion:
1. Put barriers in to stop them escaping by jumping down the ledges.
2. Make fall damage in hacknet deadly.
1. How about reversing HackNet? In other words, the terminal is at the very bottom, on level 1. Outside entry is at Level 4. Outside HackNet Entry is at Level 3, and defending HackNet Entry has a choice, when they hack the GR: Level 5 or Level 2.
2. Make it so that you have to fall basically 3 flights to get from one level to the next so people can't jump from Level 4, 3, 2, 1, click. They maybe could jump like this: 4, 3, heal 30 seconds, 2, heal 30 seconds, 1, click, heal 30 seconds. That's a full minute of being exposed. Plenty of time to persue, not to mention they have to be a HN to heal themselves. :)

Problem: PPU buffs

Just before you go into hacknet to do your flying Neo moves to get the switch, you get your clan PPU to buff you with Holy Shelter. You hack in, and you still have your buffs. These buffs are just as good as level 0.3 buffs if not better. Add the problem with hacknet runspeed, (See below) this makes the attacker very hard to take down.

Solution:
Simply wipe all buffs when you enter the Hacknet world, after all this is the hackers world, not the real world.
Or make it so PPU buffs do the reverse effect. I would rather have that so it makes it harder to hack a base. :) More D potiental for PPU. Either you are more vulnerable in HackNet, or you are more vulnerable outside. *sniff* I smell scouting and stratagy required.

Problem: Logging off next to the switch, or in the uplink zone.

This is when a clan plans in advance which op they are going to take. So what they do is position a hacker next to the switch inside Hacknet, and log off. Once the clan has 3rd layer, the players logs the hacker on, and clicks. No point in the hackers fighting, as the op has gone.

Solution: Make the switch move to different places inside Hacknet every 30 seconds, so you really do have to tag the switch.
How about making it so that only defending clans can enter the zone when less than layer 3 is down, and if you log off in HackNet and login in a zone that is enemy (logging off in Uplink on a DoY Character in a NC Uplink, or logging off on a NC Character in a DoY HackNet), you login at your apartment instead?

Problem: Hacknet runspeed

It's very difficult to spec for good runspeed compared with real world characters. If the skills guide is correct, the runspeed formula is 0.26(26%) ATH + 0.26(26%) AGL (ie It's the same as the real world runspeed). As con setup is very important in hacknet, most hackers spec very little for ATH. Result the attacking hacker, who is taking the switch can simply run away!

Solutions: 1. Change the runspeed formula to be based on the hacker's TC and HCK skills.
2. Give special Hacknet implants that give ATH to the hacker.
1. I would rather make it 0.25% AGL + 0.5% T-C for HN. HackNet Hackers use Agility and T-C alot. Let's make it benefit them, and this would require non-HackNet to move at half speed.

Good post :)

Opar
30-08-05, 20:11
I still think HackNet should of been a command prompt type thing... O_o

nobby
30-08-05, 21:09
Nah KK don't have the time to do that!...

[PiN]Fluffy
30-08-05, 23:18
TBH, They shouldnt make the terminal jump around.... But rather when you log off in hacknet it send you to a "reset" point like when you log out at an Paratment.

Dirus
31-08-05, 02:11
Or make it so PPU buffs do the reverse effect. I would rather have that so it makes it harder to hack a base. :) More D potiental for PPU. Either you are more vulnerable in HackNet, or you are more vulnerable outside. *sniff* I smell scouting and stratagy required.

1. I would rather make it 0.25% AGL + 0.5% T-C for HN. HackNet Hackers use Agility and T-C alot. Let's make it benefit them, and this would require non-HackNet to move at half speed.

HackNet Buffs "are" PPU buffs... they're one and the same. This area is a tricky situationt o get fixed properly.

0.25% AGL + 0.5% T-C for HN? Ever seen a squirrel on crack running around? No? those stats would basically give the players a 256% speed increase inside hacknet versus what a 70/70 player outside hacknet would get.

Judge
31-08-05, 02:19
Then how about when you enter Hacknet all current buffs are removed? Would stop PPUs coming in buffed up I guess.

Brammers
31-08-05, 11:13
Dirus - I think imper1um was thinking that hacknet spies should be like Neo from the Matrix. (The film) There may not be a spoon, but there will always be a squirrel on crack!

Ok my thoughts on the runspeed formula. I'm keeping the numbers the same as the real world formula, I'll leave Dirus to do the number crunching. ;)

1. 0.26(26%) T-C + 0.26(26%) HCK This would free up ATH and AGL points, and make all hacknet spies fast, and real world spies with hack and tech-combat just as fast, but not as fast as hacknet spies. This would hurt PPU who normally don't have Tech Combat, making them a slow moving target. Although it would be interesting to see a hacknet spy run in the real world, I think a snail would be faster.

2. 0.26(26%) T-C + 0.26(26%) AGL This would make all hacknet spies fast, and real world spies with tech-combat the same. Since Hacknet spies overspec Tech combat it's possible to have little or no agility and be as quick as spy with good agility and the tech-combat needed to use a silent hunter. Once again, this would hurt PPU who doesn't have Tech Combat, making them a slow moving target.

3. 0.26(26%) HCK + 0.26(26%) AGL This one would almost put anyone in hacknet on the same level, hacknet spies, PPU hackers and spies. The advantage would be in favour of the hacknet spy who would have 150 hack.

4. 0.6(6%) HCK + 0.2(20%) INT + 0.26(26%) AGL I was looking at the stamina formula for hacknet and I thought I would throw this in the mix. Looks like it comes up with the same results as 3, except PE's would be the looser here. One problem, how would spy with 20 hack and 100 int do?

Hacknet and PPU buffs being the same - that raises a interesting question, think I need to borrow a few people later.

Dirus
02-09-05, 02:57
Dirus - I think imper1um was thinking that hacknet spies should be like Neo from the Matrix. (The film) There may not be a spoon, but there will always be a squirrel on crack!

Ok my thoughts on the runspeed formula. I'm keeping the numbers the same as the real world formula, I'll leave Dirus to do the number crunching. ;)

1. 0.26(26%) T-C + 0.26(26%) HCK This would free up ATH and AGL points, and make all hacknet spies fast, and real world spies with hack and tech-combat just as fast, but not as fast as hacknet spies. This would hurt PPU who normally don't have Tech Combat, making them a slow moving target. Although it would be interesting to see a hacknet spy run in the real world, I think a snail would be faster.

2. 0.26(26%) T-C + 0.26(26%) AGL This would make all hacknet spies fast, and real world spies with tech-combat the same. Since Hacknet spies overspec Tech combat it's possible to have little or no agility and be as quick as spy with good agility and the tech-combat needed to use a silent hunter. Once again, this would hurt PPU who doesn't have Tech Combat, making them a slow moving target.

3. 0.26(26%) HCK + 0.26(26%) AGL This one would almost put anyone in hacknet on the same level, hacknet spies, PPU hackers and spies. The advantage would be in favour of the hacknet spy who would have 150 hack.

4. 0.6(6%) HCK + 0.2(20%) INT + 0.26(26%) AGL I was looking at the stamina formula for hacknet and I thought I would throw this in the mix. Looks like it comes up with the same results as 3, except PE's would be the looser here. One problem, how would spy with 20 hack and 100 int do?

Hacknet and PPU buffs being the same - that raises a interesting question, think I need to borrow a few people later.

Problem with putting runspeed into a stat like TC & HCK is that that would be like putting it into WEP & PC/RC outside of hacknet. It's a main stat used for the weapons, and not a secondary stat. You can't make the skill modifiers use main stats and keep anything near the 0.26 real world factor, they will be moving around way too fast. If anything it'd be best if theyre left using some oddball stats, like WPW & PSR.. those are atleast not main stats, and would gimp the players in the real world & vice versa (The PSR especially, maybe rename it MBW for Mental Bandwith)..

Obsidian X
02-09-05, 03:43
Problem with putting runspeed into a stat like TC & HCK is that that would be like putting it into WEP & PC/RC outside of hacknet. It's a main stat used for the weapons, and not a secondary stat. You can't make the skill modifiers use main stats and keep anything near the 0.26 real world factor, they will be moving around way too fast. If anything it'd be best if theyre left using some oddball stats, like WPW & PSR.. those are atleast not main stats, and would gimp the players in the real world & vice versa (The PSR especially, maybe rename it MBW for Mental Bandwith)..

Do I smell a use for "Resist PSI" finally? ;) :lol:

Brammers
02-09-05, 10:31
Actually that's not bad idea using one of the PSI stats. Ok no using TL3 heal's but hackers are a strange lot...

If you can rename Resist PSI to MBW Mental Bandwith, that sounds good. Or maybe using MST if Resist PSI does have a secret use in Neocron 2. :D

But if this was to happen, we need Hacknet Missions. The only way I managed to raise PSI on my hacknet spy was *Cough* TL150 Res missions *Cough*

Exioce
02-09-05, 13:40
while we're linking runspeed to hack and TC here, let's not forget to link stamina much more to hack and TC (i realise it's already linked somewhat, but i want more of it for pure hackneters :p ).

Riddle
02-09-05, 14:13
if Resist PSI does have a secret use in Neocron 2. :D

Don't start rumours ;) No one knows shh......