PDA

View Full Version : Where is this?

Comie
21-08-05, 14:02
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/5426/light9ge.jpg

Koshinn
21-08-05, 14:06
Um.. looks like a reskinned p3/pp1 entrance on the pp1 side. The architecture is similar/exactly the same.

if the entrance looks like this: (lines being paths)
---|
p3 |--- pp1

be where the period is.

edit: something like this...

Toxen
21-08-05, 14:09
does look like reskin p3/pp1 zoneline either that or its something new there working on?

giga191
21-08-05, 14:09
Did you take that screeny yourself?

I might have a faint guess of where it could be...

Asurmen Spec Op
21-08-05, 14:15
Holy shit wtf O_o

bobleponge
21-08-05, 14:18
An remake with HL2 source ?

[TgR]KILLER
21-08-05, 14:22
An remake with HL2 source ?

thats what i thought lol it looks like the pp1/ p3 zoneline yea but the gfx look like HL even tho i never played it i know the gfx :p

Tratos
21-08-05, 14:42
My guess is the same as everyone elses the P3 -> PP1 zoneline, now come on, tell us where you found that shot :/

Toxen
21-08-05, 14:43
Hmm let me guess this was the new graphics engine KK was sposed to implement for NC2 but they just forgot.

Tratos
21-08-05, 14:49
Hmm let me guess this was the new graphics engine KK was sposed to implement for NC2 but they just forgot.

You mean TeKKtonic Evolution which were running on which is just the old engine with the DX9 features stuck to it?

Well i think its supposed to be a "new" engine but it is just the old one brought a little bit up to date.

aKe`cj
21-08-05, 14:57
wrong button *sigh* del me pls :angel:

aKe`cj
21-08-05, 15:02
This is no nc ingame shot.
It's a different map, with different texes and its not screenshotted in nc :)
Might be a remape or an extensive pshop pimpup.

----

..with the DX9 features stuck to it?

The enginge upgrade was pretty much just switching the 7 for a 9 (slight exaggeration here, meh knows :p) - this means you *could* now implement/make use of a lot of nice effects that dx9 supports. I have yet to see the latter happen tho'

Tratos
21-08-05, 15:05
this means you *could* now implement/make use of a lot of nice effects that dx9 supports. I have yet to see the latter happen tho'

New Water :p lol

Skusty
21-08-05, 15:15
Would be cool if kk made the gfx like that and coded it so GFX cards does the fps thigies etc not the cpus :p

sanityislost
21-08-05, 15:31
wow thats a nice shot, where did it come from?

SiL ..:..

Sunny Rosalind
21-08-05, 15:54
It's really cool looking, but the architecture is slightly different from the ingame version of it... On the left side of the picture that Koshinn attached there's a rather large indent and the opening to Plaza3 is further back (if you didn't already notice!)... I think a talented mapper is trying to make an NC themed map?

And just while everyone's discussing 'where is it?'-stuff, on the trailer for NC2 there's a small snippet of a place in DoY that I haven't been able to find... maybe someone else was luckier than me?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/mawee03/where2.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/mawee03/where1.jpg

Sorry the picture's small and kind of hard to see, I took a screenshot of it from the trailer which I found here (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=2576&type=wmv). The building I'm talking about is visible from 1:15 - 1:20.

Tratos
21-08-05, 16:07
Ive not found that place either :(

Heres another WTF place ;)
http://vaultmedia.ign.com/rpgvault/image/neocronbdoy021201.jpg

Shenyu Reza
21-08-05, 16:12
I want his money

Toxen
21-08-05, 16:26
Aye thats a bit intriguing 25mil + don't even think its NC just some hud for an NC look a like, I mean if the dev's have had time too cook up stuff like this that we havent even seen why the heck can't they finish the friggen zoo.

That indoors shot i belive was either ment to be doy's version of sky walk area, or part of regeants legacys internal structure.

The outdoors canyon, somethings wrong with that way wrong theres swamp trees in the distance.

Brammers
21-08-05, 16:32
That first shot.

1. The underground bunkers in DoY? (Although I don't think so)
2. Most likely, Halflife 2 on that beach level to get into the prison.

aKe`cj
21-08-05, 18:18
The outdoors canyon, somethings wrong with that way wrong theres swamp trees in the distance.

Its a rendered picture. The landscape, Trees etc were put together in 3DSmax and then the HUD was added via Photoshop (plus some touching things up I guess ;) )

Skusty
21-08-05, 18:48
It's really cool looking, but the architecture is slightly different from the ingame version of it... On the left side of the picture that Koshinn attached there's a rather large indent and the opening to Plaza3 is further back (if you didn't already notice!)... I think a talented mapper is trying to make an NC themed map?

And just while everyone's discussing 'where is it?'-stuff, on the trailer for NC2 there's a small snippet of a place in DoY that I haven't been able to find... maybe someone else was luckier than me?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/mawee03/where2.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/mawee03/where1.jpg

Sorry the picture's small and kind of hard to see, I took a screenshot of it from the trailer which I found here (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=2576&type=wmv). The building I'm talking about is visible from 1:15 - 1:20.
i think the 1st pic is the jail :wtf: And the plaza shots in that clip is from nc1 :lol:

Toxen
21-08-05, 19:25
The first pic is most certainly not the jail, for a start its during the doy internal shots sequence, and as it pans through you can see doors which are the same as those to the lift entrances in doy. It flooded, sooo perhaps its one of the high level doy sewers or water cleaning area's or one of the area's that leads to a tunnel that wasn't put in yet.

XaNToR
21-08-05, 19:41
as far as i can remember are these pics taken from the doy player shop location.....

-FN-
21-08-05, 20:02
:p Time for me to ruin it!

That's the light-test Social-Zero did for the remake of Pepper Park he was doing. Everyone who guessed "Source Engine", give yourself 10 points. He got the textures by taking screenshots of the wall/floor in-game.

Tratos
21-08-05, 20:13
And the winner is, hehe...

Its a rendered picture. The landscape, Trees etc were put together in 3DSmax and then the HUD was added via Photoshop (plus some touching things up I guess ;) )

:p

Also, Xantor, you got information that the underground thing actualy is shop locations or are you just going on the speculation that the community thought it was when we first saw that location.

Dirus
21-08-05, 22:34
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/5426/light9ge.jpg

Looks way too clean to fit with NC's atmosphere. Sure its all cracked and shit, but it looks like someone powerwashed it and put a coat of wax on everything. Cyberpunk areas like PP shuld be dirty and dullish, with a coat of grim on everything. This belongs more in ViaRosso then PP.

Vae Victis
21-08-05, 22:47
This belongs more in ViaRosso then PP.Don't you mean plaza?
viarosso is more like the beverly hills of neocron city.

Kozmos
21-08-05, 22:48
Looks way too clean to fit with NC's atmosphere. Sure its all cracked and shit, but it looks like someone powerwashed it and put a coat of wax on everything. Cyberpunk areas like PP shuld be dirty and dullish, with a coat of grim on everything. This belongs more in ViaRosso then PP.

booooolocks
:P

msdong
21-08-05, 22:48
as far as i can remember are these pics taken from the doy player shop location.....

yup, i think they where on the Neocronnetwork and someone say it was a retail area.

the wasteland shot, haaaach , would be nice to have.

€: i wish that little arrow in the attached image would still be there

Dirus
21-08-05, 22:49
Don't you mean plaza?
viarosso is more like the beverly hills of neocron city.

Plaza is a cross between the 2.. Freshly waxed look I would more or less related to Via then Plaza, Plaza would be washed but not waxed.

MrTrip
21-08-05, 23:12
Thats a screen shot made in the HL2 engine...I saw the textures somewhere before, and heard stuff about people making neocron maps...its probably just a screen shot of that.

The wastelands picture is easy to find, but first you need to get a super heavy duty graphics card, a 4ghz computer, 30 gigs of ram, and all that fun crud, then max out your graphics, so it looks CLOSE to that...and MAYBE you can find it....MAYBE.....not really....

Tratos
21-08-05, 23:22
Thats a screen shot made in the HL2 engine...I saw the textures somewhere before, and heard stuff about people making neocron maps...its probably just a screen shot of that.

The wastelands picture is easy to find, but first you need to get a super heavy duty graphics card, a 4ghz computer, 30 gigs of ram, and all that fun crud, then max out your graphics, so it looks CLOSE to that...and MAYBE you can find it....MAYBE.....not really....

Wow seems you didnt read the thread as we already know where that screen is from O_o and if you can find that exact place ingame with the canyon arches i'll give you a medal.

Mr Friendly
21-08-05, 23:34

....are u kidding?? visual mold on the bricks & walls are still filled of crud, :)

yup, i think they where on the Neocronnetwork and someone say it was a retail area.

the wasteland shot, haaaach , would be nice to have.

€: i wish that little arrow in the attached image would still be there
http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9392

what confuses me is his bars are at full yet none of the numbers read full...

Mr Friendly
21-08-05, 23:36
bah, damn dbl post, dlt plz

aKe`cj
21-08-05, 23:50
....are u kidding?? visual mold on the bricks & walls are still filled of crud, :)

The lighting doesnt fit anyway. The texture pattern is ok, but everything is too bright and shiny. Good thing that can be tweaked to hell and back w/o even touching the "texture" (img) itself.

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9392

what confuses me is his bars are at full yet none of the numbers read full...

ts a rendered picture. The landscape, Trees etc were put together in 3DSmax and then the HUD was added via Photoshop (plus some touching things up I guess )

Not surprising - just a bit lazy :p
Same counts for the other render of that series (the one with the Next, BD + Crahn NPC fighting a grim chaser)... in that case they flipped the next guy horiz. and forgot he's got writing on his back :p

msdong
21-08-05, 23:53
...what confuses me is his bars are at full yet none of the numbers read full...

they told when they release the shots of the RPOS, it was not ingame and they where put over the image. the IGN RPOS looks a lot different to the one we have now.

Mr Friendly
22-08-05, 00:02
they told when they release the shots of the RPOS, it was not ingame and they where put over the image. the IGN RPOS looks a lot different to the one we have now.

ah ic

Morganth
22-08-05, 03:06

Yeah, but it looks a lot nicer than the current one, and its not a half-arsed attempt using a poorly implemented engine.

vashtyphoon78
22-08-05, 03:09
if NC looked like that...i would marry it :lol:

Dirus
22-08-05, 04:57
Yeah, but it looks a lot nicer than the current one, and its not a half-arsed attempt using a poorly implemented engine.

You're right, its on a new engine created from the ground up that doesn't date back to 1998 that supports only Dx9, originally made by a company that dwarfs this one.

I'm not knocking the fact someone likes this game enough to make a mod for another game based off it, even if they are taking everything from the textures(if what -FN- said is true) to the map's layouts from this game. Thats all stuff for lawyers to knock not me.

What I am knocking is whether it looks better, thats all upto personal preference. I personally dont think that screen shot fits the atmosphere PP should have. Mainly in the lighting aspect. Way too much reflectivity.

Troll all you want, don't try and drag my comments into them.

Asurmen Spec Op
22-08-05, 05:03
You're right, its on a new engine created from the ground up that doesn't date back to 1998 that supports only Dx9, originally made by a company that dwarfs this one.

I'm not knocking the fact someone likes this game enough to make a mod for another game based off it, even if they are taking everything from the textures(if what -FN- said is true) to the map's layouts from this game. Thats all stuff for lawyers to knock not me.

What I am knocking is whether it looks better, thats all upto personal preference. I personally dont think that screen shot fits the atmosphere PP should have. Mainly in the lighting aspect. Way too much reflectivity.

Troll all you want, don't try and drag my comments into them.
You could have just flammed him :rolleyes:

naimex
22-08-05, 05:05
.... lawyers are good... when on your side...

KILL THE MOD-MAKER!!!!

Toxen
22-08-05, 12:01

Yuh but who the heck plays neocron with all the graphical features on to get the atomosphere. Its just to graphics intesensive to run something all the time eats those precious FPS, I mean most common advice to new players ingame is turn fog off turn vegitation detail down to minimum. Frankly with all that off it makes the game look drab, turn it back on its like the worlds gained an extra dimension. Too much reliance on sprites in this game for vegitation, should be ripped out and swapped for models so its fixed on least then we can hide as we apprioach ops and snipers don't become the most visible thing on the map.

Cpl Hicks
22-08-05, 15:31
This sucks lol , modders are better than the company .
Just kidding :p
This is how NC 3 is gonna look I guess :)

Nidhogg
22-08-05, 15:52
This is how NC 3 is gonna look I guess :)
Well no, that's Diris' point. Even if we licensed the Source engine we wouldn't make that particular part of Neocron look like that.

N

Cpl Hicks
22-08-05, 17:59
well of course :) i got this right.
I was talking about the engine and the beauty of it.
I totally agree when u are saying the place isnt quite exatcly showing the athmosphere of the red light district though.

Would be real nice if the company would get a license for the source engine.
I think it would be perfect to recreate the cyberpunk athmosphere of neocron.
Or maybe the Doom 3 engine ? who knows they all look pretty nice. ;)

Morganth
23-08-05, 00:12
Well no, that's Diris' point. Even if we licensed the Source engine we wouldn't make that particular part of Neocron look like that.

N

Think of NC with Source Engine physics *dribbles*

naimex
23-08-05, 00:21
Think of NC with Source Engine physics *dribbles*

.. unpacks the moon striker... lets move some coppers....

copbot : leave now or we will open fire...
*boom*
*copbot flies 10 meters backwards, and gibs over the wall, with metal armor-pieces dropping down all over the sector*
tankeh : joo stoopid coppa, joo ruin ma shot at warll.

Dirus
23-08-05, 00:33
.. unpacks the moon striker... lets move some coppers....

copbot : leave now or we will open fire...
*boom*
*copbot flies 10 meters backwards, and gibs over the wall, with metal armor-pieces dropping down all over the sector*
tankeh : joo stoopid coppa, joo ruin ma shot at warll.

Can do that with the game as it is now.. that was actually one of the things I was toying with looking at. Not the bits falling off, but the kickback effect. I created a railgun about 6months ago that launched Hazard Worms halfway across a zone. I think I have a video of it somewhere..

Mr Kot
23-08-05, 00:40
I created a railgun about 6months ago that launched Hazard Worms halfway across a zone. I think I have a video of it somewhere..Post it! Post it! And what about an uber baseball bat that has a proper baseball swing to it that can knock doybots into the middle of next week too :p

Tratos
23-08-05, 00:42
Can do that with the game as it is now.. that was actually one of the things I was toying with looking at. Not the bits falling off, but the kickback effect. I created a railgun about 6months ago that launched Hazard Worms halfway across a zone. I think I have a video of it somewhere..

That is fucking insane, lol please post that video.

Bet they didnt tumble flailing through the air though :p

Asurmen Spec Op
23-08-05, 00:51
If you dont post you wont get any buttsex for a month

Xeno LARD
23-08-05, 01:24
If you dont post you wont get any buttsex for a month

Quoted for truth.

Obsidian X
23-08-05, 01:32

Please for the love of all things good, show us that video! :angel:

Dirus
23-08-05, 02:54
Actually, it was on the harddrive I lost on friday to a flood that somewhat submerged my pc.. I'm suprised the thing still runs.

This weekend I'll be finding out if the data on it is still salvagable.

vashtyphoon78
23-08-05, 04:03
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

Anyone else smell clay pigeon shooting??? ^^ SH+his railgun= TARGET PRACTICE!

Obsidian X
23-08-05, 04:10
Actually, it was on the harddrive I lost on friday to a flood that somewhat submerged my pc.. I'm suprised the thing still runs.

This weekend I'll be finding out if the data on it is still salvagable.

Damn, I once dropped a screw onto my hard drive circuitry and lost everything (my own fault for not closing the PC back up after I'd done with it.)

Does this mean all of Dirus's secret experiments have been washed away forever...? o_O

naimex
23-08-05, 04:45
It sounds really cool, Dirus, if you can salvage that video, I´d really like to see it.

And if you should find some freetime besides your project "Computers for divers", then it could be really cool, if you could find a balanced way to add a little kickback to some of the weapons, haven´t noticed any kickback on them as it is now, but please correct me if I´m wrong..

Would really be awesome to be able to move people around when hitting them.

---

Correction to self :

There is kickback on heal spell :p

sultana
23-08-05, 09:01
Correction to self :

There is kickback on heal spell :p
But only on a steep enough slope right?

Kozmos
23-08-05, 09:08
plasma weapons have very slight kickback

Original monk
23-08-05, 09:56
neocron on the source engine is very nice, i can guarantee :) i made a swampcave in worldcraft (hammer to be modern) and it looks extremely nice, even tough i lost the map i wouldnt of show it anyway :)

dirus ... can you make a gun that shoots hazardworms ? :D call it hazardious worm launcher :)