View Full Version : question regarding TG canyon

Tesee
19-08-05, 14:03
Hi,

Just a little question:
MB is still the HQ for MERCS,
TH is now a nice safe zone,
what about TG canyon TG?
What is it now exactly? A place to conquere with hack console, a safe zone for TG or anything else?

Tratos
19-08-05, 14:08
The Canyon Facility is now a forwarding position for all the factions in the Dome Alliance and is gaurded by all of the factions in co-operation with each other. As well as this, its a shopping mall basicly as it has all the DA run shops located in it.

Its a home away from home for the dome and houses a secondary Twilight Guardian Headquaters.

Toxen
19-08-05, 14:10
Its also an insult. And a turn back on what was done at the start of NC2, in the process of it been rebuilt, it shafting the game balance even more in the favour of DoY.

MuggleMind
19-08-05, 14:12
As well, currently there isn't a HN route to it. Unless you count hacking to CRP/Cycrow, and running like mad! :lol:

Riddle
19-08-05, 14:13
Wasn't it destroyed??

Dunno haven't been there since NC1 :lol:

Tratos
19-08-05, 14:26
Wasn't it destroyed??

Dunno haven't been there since NC1 :lol:

Inhabited by TG
DoY Neutron Bombed It
Local wildlife inhabited it
TG and FA cleared it
FA and TG Rebuilt it

Toxen
19-08-05, 14:41
I think ur mistaken there, all the cleaning up was done by FA scientists yes thats right TG owes FA something.

msdong
19-08-05, 14:53
I think ur mistaken there, all the cleaning up was done by FA scientists yes thats right TG owes FA something.

they only done that to sell their stuff at the GR to anyone who made it there :D

but you kind of right, i miss some Neocron outposts like the TG comtowers in the WL

Scanner Darkly
21-08-05, 19:57
As well, currently there isn't a HN route to it. Unless you count hacking to CRP/Cycrow, and running like mad! :lol:

Or Grant which is one zone away.

I think at the end of NC1, as some of you will recall, KK announced the possibility of TH and the Canyon becoming backable and ownable similarly to OPs - when and if this will happen is another story tho...

Like someone said - there is a (disabled) hackterm built for it already.

FarSight
21-08-05, 20:26
i miss some Neocron outposts like the TG comtowers in the WL
Check J-06 northern part

Toxen
21-08-05, 20:57
There are TG intel towers all over the place what he ment though was that NC should have some similar towers in places.

MrTrip
21-08-05, 23:07
Its also an insult. And a turn back on what was done at the start of NC2, in the process of it been rebuilt, it shafting the game balance even more in the favour of DoY.

There is no favour for DoY, in fact, our city is a giant cluster fuck of emptyness. Nobody is in DoY, in fact, after NC2 was released, DoY slowly went down hill, and is now pretty damn empy. People found Neocron to be much easier to run around in, anybody in DoY is now at Cycrow, or TH, and Cycrow gets ********** by CA daily, and has been the target of some allied pking now...so really the Dome has nowhere to go.

The new Canyon is a tad bit retarded...sure its awesome and has shops and stuff, but its harder then hell to get into, I used to hunt fire mobs at TG NC1, but now I feel its a hassle to go there, run through tunnels to get outside, go hunt, run back through tunnels, its no longer an easy run in and out, and not nearly as safe as NC1....

Tratos
21-08-05, 23:24
Theres no mobs in the canyon to run in and our of the tunnels to kill....O_o

Toxen
22-08-05, 00:10
There is no favour for DoY, in fact, our city is a giant cluster fuck of emptyness. Nobody is in DoY, in fact, after NC2 was released, DoY slowly went down hill, and is now pretty damn empy. People found Neocron to be much easier to run around in, anybody in DoY is now at Cycrow, or TH, and Cycrow gets ********** by CA daily, and has been the target of some allied pking now...so really the Dome has nowhere to go.

The new Canyon is a tad bit retarded...sure its awesome and has shops and stuff, but its harder then hell to get into, I used to hunt fire mobs at TG NC1, but now I feel its a hassle to go there, run through tunnels to get outside, go hunt, run back through tunnels, its no longer an easy run in and out, and not nearly as safe as NC1....

Here we go, dunno what ur game but even anti city are begining to agree theres a game inbalance infavour of doy at the moment, where to start, would you like to point out the forward base for NC with full set of shops high level guards and indoor protected leveling area's appartments and GR and access to high level leveling caves outside. Then perhaps u'd like to also point out the scattering of NC intel posts throughout the desert. And mebe you could show us those sectors full of roaming storm bots, oh and lets not forget a sector where storm bots protect NC while they level on other mobs in the sector. Im sure you also know of 3 or 4 Secret unguarded passages into doy perhaps some with copbot barracks in aswell and even a few unguarded DoY GR's.

The fact that DoY is unpopulated is none but your own if anti city traders don't spend time there people won't go there to buy stuff.

Complaining about the sortie's into CRP is pointless CRP has always been a primary target it is a leveling spot that has its own GR which is cut off from pro city, standard tactics of taking and keeping Cycrow to hold CRP have failed so we're using other tactics, if we can't level there then we sure ain't gonna let you, if you have a problem with that get an LE its not like the CRP area isn't a warzone so you don't drop. As for allys pking you at CRP, heck we've had that in NC for ages by anti city getting procity alts to ally pk in NC.
The dome until of late has owned a majority of the map technically still does, so claiming that you have no where to go is pitiful

Asurmen Spec Op
22-08-05, 00:13
Why do you need a way into doy if NO ONE IS EVER THERE.

J J
22-08-05, 00:37
Here we go, dunno what ur game but even anti city are begining to agree theres a game inbalance infavour of doy at the moment, where to start, would you like to point out the forward base for NC with full set of shops high level guards and indoor protected leveling area's appartments and GR and access to high level leveling caves outside. Then perhaps u'd like to also point out the scattering of NC intel posts throughout the desert. And mebe you could show us those sectors full of roaming storm bots, oh and lets not forget a sector where storm bots protect NC while they level on other mobs in the sector. Im sure you also know of 3 or 4 Secret unguarded passages into doy perhaps some with copbot barracks in aswell and even a few unguarded DoY GR's.

The fact that DoY is unpopulated is none but your own if anti city traders don't spend time there people won't go there to buy stuff.

Complaining about the sortie's into CRP is pointless CRP has always been a primary target it is a leveling spot that has its own GR which is cut off from pro city, standard tactics of taking and keeping Cycrow to hold CRP have failed so we're using other tactics, if we can't level there then we sure ain't gonna let you, if you have a problem with that get an LE its not like the CRP area isn't a warzone so you don't drop. As for allys pking you at CRP, heck we've had that in NC for ages by anti city getting procity alts to ally pk in NC.
The dome until of late has owned a majority of the map technically still does, so claiming that you have no where to go is pitiful

Couldn't possibly agree any more. How one sided do you want things to be, and people wonder why everyone seems to be anticity save for the die hards who were pro all along in nc1. :rolleyes:

I recently made my first ever anti city char and at level xx/20 was able to run totally unimpeded from DoY to the gates of NC through unguarded sectors, stroll through a totally unguarded entrance into the enemy city, right through into pepper park, tagging lots of grs along the way. I gotta say I was totally stunned. You tell me what pro city level anything, never mind level 20 char can stroll anywhere within 3/4 sectors of DoY, never mind get into the actual city itself. You got sectors packed full of roaming lvl 80/80 and 100/100 mobs, not to mention the several 120/120 guards at every entrance and dotted at every zoneline in the city. And people wonder why noone raids DoY :rolleyes: lol

MrTrip
22-08-05, 04:31

Its not a problem with us, take it up with KK, ask for more guards, talk to the CA FC, have them post more STORM bots places.

As for guarding DoY....well...there is no reason, why protect a city that has nobody in it? The only people Ihave seen have LEs in, DoY is scattered among the wastelands, and that is where we mostly stay...I RARELY EVER visit the Dome unless...well............I never visit the dome. I did my epic, that was it.

I spend more time in TH and around Cycrow then anything.

If your trying to complain about the lack of raiding on DoY...then you just go try to raid DoY...see how many people you run into that dont have LEs...I'm sure you will find 1.

The Dome does not raid NC as much as you think, but you guys sure do base ******** us anywhere else we go...we apologize for nobody hanging out in our Dome... :lol:

IceStorm
22-08-05, 04:46
DoY is easily twice as big as NC and far, far, harder to run through. Whereas in NC zone-to-zone transitions are fairly linear, in DoY you have to go up and backtrack through several zones to get places.

DoY doesn't have, to my knowledge, an Aggies equivalent where one can do aggie missions for Faction Sympathy. To get my sympathy up with CS and BD, I brought my Tsunami to NC and did Aggressor/Aggressor Captain missions in Plaza 2 (I've an Obliterator). Supposedly there's an equivalent Wireless Network/Dungeon setup in DoY, but I've never seen it. Beyond missions, there's not much reason to be in either city and the populations show it. TH is where pokers, traders, and players in general hang out because it's the only safezone accessible by all factions. Gee, whodathunkit?

It would be nice if there was an easier way to get into DoY for pro-city. At least then the City people would be able to see how bad off the Dome is. Right now, you either need a PPU buttplug, an Obliterator, or decent hack and fast click speed to tag the GR before you're gunned down by faction guards.

QuakCow
22-08-05, 08:26
wait...tg canyon has gaurds now!? what am i gunna do with this apt key o_O

and to answer why pro would go to doy: to get plants from cc, the plant i bought in doy is much better then the ones from nc. iradiation ftw

Tesee
22-08-05, 10:50
in Doy, missions for sympathy can be done in city center it is longer because it is not agressor but it is easy.
There are plenty of place to xp in Doy and it is very well protected.

In NC, once you are done with with the aggies, you have to go in wasteland to xp with nothing very near (and with a city near) so everybody is "forced to go to MB"
Stop complaning DoY is empty it is up to you to be there whereas it is not normal TH is full of people.
Th is a sanctuary for scientists and not a supermarket.

You want to find DoY runners?
goto TH or MB (in MB they are near the synchro)

Argent
22-08-05, 10:55
DoY doesn't have, to my knowledge, an Aggies equivalent where one can do aggie missions for Faction Sympathy.

Sure does, it's just sligthly worse than aggies in city (they haxe mixed cyclops and aggies in them). Also, DoY has far more better place to do lower level mutie missions and it's located right at CC.

Toxen
22-08-05, 11:51
Its not a problem with us, take it up with KK, ask for more guards, talk to the CA FC, have them post more STORM bots places.

As for guarding DoY....well...there is no reason, why protect a city that has nobody in it? The only people Ihave seen have LEs in, DoY is scattered among the wastelands, and that is where we mostly stay...I RARELY EVER visit the Dome unless...well............I never visit the dome. I did my epic, that was it.

I spend more time in TH and around Cycrow then anything.

If your trying to complain about the lack of raiding on DoY...then you just go try to raid DoY...see how many people you run into that dont have LEs...I'm sure you will find 1.

The Dome does not raid NC as much as you think, but you guys sure do base ******** us anywhere else we go...we apologize for nobody hanging out in our Dome... :lol:

Ummm nop its your problem aswelll as the inhabitants of doy your the one that makes the requests to KK to change how things are for the dome, There are people without LE's in the dome just ask the low SL guys that i've hunted there, NC has pritty much the same level out outdoor population, If your always at TH and Cycrow , just how exactly do you know that DoY is empty.

As for raiding NC just ask how many times those that until recently hung around DRE HQ zone how many times NC was raided. And Base fucking you..... let me tell you about these little things called Opwars pritty much the entire point of the Pvp of the game. As for CRP its inside a warzone it has its own GR which is under the same restrictions of Cycrow GR get KK to move CRP and its GR outside of that zone the raids against leveling parties will probably stop, if you still have a problem with been attacked there, there are plenty of other places to go level. Enjoy

Asurmen Spec Op
22-08-05, 11:56
Opwars are only the main part of the game for parashocking wizards :rolleyes:

giga191
22-08-05, 12:04
Have they opened the front entrance of the canyon yet? It's pretty annoying having to go through all the tunnel crap

Original monk
22-08-05, 12:07
Have they opened the front entrance of the canyon yet? It's pretty annoying having to go through all the tunnel crap

i dont think its open yet, when you have to go true the tunnel its good if you done it before and you know youre way ... my first time looking for the entrance on a noobstealth /20 spy was definitly exciting lol ... looking around for the entrance between all them grims :)

Selendor
22-08-05, 12:30
The problem as I see it is one of population. Neocron has too many zones now for the population. The game is basically deserted bar a few hot spots. By expanding the game to two cities and simplifying the faction system, KK created two forces who were too far apart and, unfortunately, never got the player influx they hoped for.

So now you have a few players who want some action but are too far away to do much. In an ideal world both cities should be easily raidable up until the highest security areas, and military base, tech haven, canyon, as well as a new Pro-city staging post in the north east would also have good numbers at. Add in things like city outposts which can be taken, and you have a reason for both sides to be in the city, in a constant state of war.

Scanner Darkly
22-08-05, 17:24
You only have to go through the "tunnel crap" once if you're anti or if you buy a Canyon appy. There is a shiny new GR you know...

Toxen
22-08-05, 17:32
Think anyone knows *points to signature*

MrTrip
22-08-05, 21:01
You only have to go through the "tunnel crap" once if you're anti or if you buy a Canyon appy. There is a shiny new GR you know...

Are you trying to talk to me about that?

If so...the GR is fine if you don't want to LEAVE the canyon to go say, outside? OMFG! WE HAEV TO GO OUTSIED!OMFGA!@ <-- *gets lost in tunnels* crap o_O

I know we can GR in, but we cant GR to the very outside...can we?

Toxen
22-08-05, 22:01
Ever heard of grant mine its only like a zone away.

MrTrip
22-08-05, 22:38
Ever heard of grant mine its only like a zone away.

Ever heard of Pro city owns Grant? And that its mostly closed? o_O :lol: :rolleyes:

Toxen
23-08-05, 20:38
Again dunno what server your playing on but it certainly ain't terra, Grant is usually TG or at least anticity, and is usually all access. And is right at the moment I can post screenies if you don't belive me *pats you on the head*