PDA

View Full Version : Help KK Help us!

MrTrip
19-08-05, 01:49
Since only SOME of us are having REALLY bad Sync problems...lets help KK narrow down the issue...

Heres what can be done...post a reply, with these stats

ISP: Mediacom MCHSI
Connection: Cable
Network setup: No Router. Hub splits internet to 3 pcs all with unique IP.

I'm sure there has to be a connection here somewhere...

Try to keep the chat down, and follow the pattern, so KK can easily read it, for their developers who do not speak english.

a4nic8er
19-08-05, 08:07
A hub? Yuk. There's a bottle-neck if ever I saw one. Why restrict each computers traffic to 10 Mbps? The hub's upstream is 10 Mbps too? If all computers are using the net, you will be lucky to get 3.5 Mbps each wont you?

Mr Friendly
19-08-05, 08:11
ISP: Charter
Network setup: None. usb from modem to my pc.

***note: i have on avg only about 1-4 probs per day, not serious at all for me***

imo, i wouldnt be suprised if the FREs are linked to the cause of the sync/login bugs

MrTrip
19-08-05, 08:17
A hub? Yuk. There's a bottle-neck if ever I saw one. Why restrict each computers traffic to 10 Mbps? The hub's upstream is 10 Mbps too? If all computers are using the net, you will be lucky to get 3.5 Mbps each wont you?

I ran from a modem straight to my PC, but my step dad wanted internet, and I didn't want a router to deal with.

-FN-
19-08-05, 08:32
I ran from a modem straight to my PC, but my step dad wanted internet, and I didn't want a router to deal with.
So get a switch. Hubs are just so ungodly inefficient!

MrTrip
19-08-05, 08:40
A switch...?....but wouldnt that only allow internet on one PC at a time? I never turn mine off...

Current uptime: 7wks2days7hrs29mins22secs

:lol:

Bugs Gunny
19-08-05, 08:43
A switch...?....but wouldnt that only allow internet on one PC at a time? I never turn mine off...

Current uptime: 7wks2days7hrs29mins22secs

:lol:

LOL

Look at it this way, a 10mb router will split its 10m between all connected devices. A 10mb switch will give each connection 10mb (at the same time).
It's not like an on off switch.

MrTrip
19-08-05, 08:46
O_o :D I knew that...I know what your talking about now...

I really did :lol: I will look into that :cool:

Morganth
19-08-05, 10:30
ISP: NTL
Network Setup: Internet connection dealt with by a router, which goes straight into my networks switch.

Still think we should be able to use a packet logger for some more wholesome data (although not post it on the forums of course ;) ).