PDA

View Full Version : Exam Results

Judge
18-08-05, 15:57
So how did everyone do this year in exams? Just got my AS results today, pretty good, although I was hoping for a better Physics result. I got; Maths: B, Physics: C, Philosophy & Ethics: A, ICT: C and an A in General Studies (lmao, I did work in that).

I know that A level results came out today, but you guys are probably phoning up Uni's and shit like that.

giga191
18-08-05, 16:01
So how did everyone do this year in exams? Just got my AS results today, pretty good, although I was hoping for a better Physics result. I got; Maths: B, Physics: C, Philosophy & Ethics: A, ICT: C and an A in General Studies (lmao, I did work in that).

I know that A level results came out today, but you guys are probably phoning up Uni's and shit like that. GCSE results are in a week

Tratos
18-08-05, 19:16
AS Results - Im pissed by the way;

General Studies: D
Geography: C
Business Studies: C
Theatre Studies: C
Chemistry: E

Rawr, pissed, for the win.

CMaster
18-08-05, 19:42
Got mine over a year ago now. Tratos - its no disaster, by any means.

Tallon
18-08-05, 20:31
My AS results:-

English Language and Literature - C
ICT - D
Media Studies - C

Was Disappointed with the Media result, but on the whole I'm happy :)

bounty
18-08-05, 20:36
You Euro people are so strange.

Please explain what they are, what they mean, and why they are taken.

garyu69
18-08-05, 20:40
I did my first year at Uni and got:

Maths 92%
Design 76%
Electrical Engineering 29%
ECDL 93%
Programming 1 70%
Programming 2 40%
PC Infastructure 47%

woot.

Means they'll let me in next year to officially start 'Computer Games Technology'

ZoVoS
18-08-05, 20:51
haha coudlnt even be fucked to go get my a levels, prolly failed anyway :D only did 20% atendance and most of that was getting drunk with sarah in spoooooons

Tidus_Origin
18-08-05, 23:17
You Euro people are so strange.

Please explain what they are, what they mean, and why they are taken.

A-Levels are qualifications ppl can get by doing courses at college. Just like high-school exams can get you into college, college courses (and the exams involved) can get you into university (if you choose to go).

That's basically it, I guess.

Carbonite
18-08-05, 23:33
hmm took a few C++ courses during the summer (started sometime early april)
and i got a C+ and a B .. ok results, could have been better..
(currently enrolled in a DirectX course)

and let me just add that the courses was not taken with NC in mind.. It was because i wanted to learn some more about C++

Dargeshaad
18-08-05, 23:39
Well this was a somewhat easy semester compared to previous, in paranthesis are conversions to american grades aprox and in case anyone wondered I'm studying for computer scientist

Database Systems - 8 (B)
Semantics and Verification - Passed (no grades)
The Philosophy of System Development - 9 (B+)
Software Engineering - Passed (no grades)

Had two exams I had previously failed that I took earlier this August as well:

Computability & Complexity - 9 (B+)
Syntax & Semantics - 8 (B)

Asurmen Spec Op
18-08-05, 23:42
and let me just add that the courses was not taken with NC in mind.. It was because i wanted to learn some more about C++
:lol: The fact that you had to say that

sanityislost
19-08-05, 00:31
Congratz if ya passed >_<

Sex@Gary!

SiL ..:..

Morganth
19-08-05, 00:38
Biology - C
Maths - C
Business Studies - C
Chemistry - D

I'm pissed, annoyed and disappointed all at once.

Judge
19-08-05, 11:13
haha coudlnt even be fucked to go get my a levels, prolly failed anyway :D only did 20% atendance and most of that was getting drunk with sarah in spoooooons

Are you going to go to Uni or anything? Best parties are at Uni....

Mechanicus
19-08-05, 11:19
morganth and tratos dont worry they tell you its hard to get into uni but its so easy, all you need is to get a few decent offers (which isnt hard) then you can bargain your way in easily with bad grades or they might even just flat out let you in with the bad grades, i missed my university offer by 60 ucas points and i still got accepted without even having to ring them up

ZoVoS
19-08-05, 12:17

:P i should hope not, we all know that NC is wrote in binary buy 10,000 monkeys bashing on 2 button typewriters

oh and no uni for me, to buisy having a constant party :D lifes one big party for me

Xylaz
19-08-05, 13:00
well, my students have done pretty good job, everyone passed this time :p

on a serious note, go for the Uni, there are countless amounts of advantages for this. And find me just one person who deny that it was the best times of his/hers life and i'll call him/her a lier ;)

darkservent
19-08-05, 23:45
Well while everyone else was gettin there A-Levels, I just passed my MCP exam. Got another next week and hopefully another 2 then Ill be MCSA qualified and finally get some freaking work experiance to get into IT market (stupid companies just want dum experiance).

landofcake
20-08-05, 13:33
Well, i ended up with three C's in my A-Levels, which was frustrating as i was fully 1 mark from a B in one of them and 8 marks in another (considering it's out of about 600 marks, that's one small bastard margin)

I needed BBC for my uni place but they gave me it anyway, so in a few weeks i'll be going to university in Canterbury to study computer science :)

LiL T
21-08-05, 04:22
what are they :lol: Exams at school should be scraped lol, I have never been asked what they were in any job though I might need to check out what I got if I want to goto uni or something

Glok
21-08-05, 05:01
Crazy Euros. :p

Here it is high school (grade school? um, whatever) -> Uni OR college. College is like the lesser university.

Anyways, when I finished high school, I got an 87% average. 92% Calculus, 91% Math (O_o), 92% Chemistry, 91% Physics, 73% English (based on the last exam, I actually did absolutely nothing for the entire course), 72% Social Studies (aka history, another subject I didn't give one shit about).

Went to Uni the next year, got As in the 2 courses I bothered to attend, but since I didn't attend the other 4 courses, I was booted. I suppose I should regret that, but hey, I got really drunk every day there.

giga191
25-08-05, 12:13
GCSE results:
Science: AA
IT: A
Maths: A
French: A
Business studies: B
Citizenship: B
German: C
English : CC
Drama: D :lol:

sultana
25-08-05, 12:37
Erm I just did my trial HSC (Higher School Certificate), the actual HSC is in 4-5 weeks :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
25-08-05, 13:55
All this crazy AS stuff.

Gimme my linear A levels and GCSEs anyday.

Hell-demon
25-08-05, 14:29
GCSE's
English: A (no suprise there)

English Lit: B

Drama: A

Media Studies: B

Geography: C

Science: C

Religious Studies: C

ICT: Pass

Maths: D

History: D

:rolleyes:

Mystic-Crusader
25-08-05, 14:40
GCSE's

Science - CC
D&T resistant materials - B
English - C
English Lit - A
French - C
History - C
Maths - B
PE - D :lol: :lol: :lol: (too much sitting playing nc!)
Fine Art - C

Not too bad :D atleast i got C+ in all but PE :rolleyes:, so off to college for me.

Was ment to get all B's few A's but fuck off to whoever said that. Plus i laughed at my English teach, who said i was luckly to get a D :D

All in all, w00t considering my 5 hours a day revision was spent 4 hours playing nc/reading nc forums the other sleeping in front of a book. :lol: And u don't even wana hear which report i was on (effort) - For all those who don't know - i had to have each teacher sign a report after each lesson to agree i wasn't sleeping and actually doing the work !! :angel:

Judge
25-08-05, 15:05
Well done GCSE people. :)

Hell-demon
25-08-05, 15:46
And remember folks your academic worth does not represent your personal worth :angel:

giga191
25-08-05, 16:40
And remember folks your academic worth does not represent your personal worth :angel: fo shizzle

bill gates dropped out of college to start microsoft, but then again he is an asshole ;)

Hell-demon
25-08-05, 16:45
By the looks of things none of you are gonna be flipping burgers any time soon :)

giga191
25-08-05, 16:49
By the looks of things none of you are gonna be flipping burgers any time soon :) Don't doubt my ability to flip burgers. You got an A in drama 8|

Hell-demon
25-08-05, 16:58
Was there ever a doubt in your mind that I'm not a Drama Queen.

I had to dress like a revolutionary and speak with a northern accent that alone deserves an A :rolleyes:

giga191
25-08-05, 17:39
I had to dress like a revolutionary and speak with a northern accent that alone deserves an A :rolleyes: I forgot to walk on stage with a gun so I used my hand instead :eek:

Hell-demon
25-08-05, 17:50
:lol: oh man thats good

Dribble Joy
25-08-05, 18:17
No work at all at my end so my results were shit.

GCSEs:
Physics A
Chemistry A
Maths B
Biology B
Art B
English (lang) B
English (lit) C
French C
DT C

History doesn't count (D)

A-Levels:
Physics C
Chemistry D
Maths E

giga191
25-08-05, 18:36
:lol: oh man thats good Had to decide if i was going to make a sound or not e.g. "powww!!!!!!"