PDA

View Full Version : Clan skin emblems

Mr Friendly
18-08-05, 00:43
like a guy in FANG had, the fang emblem skinned into his vest or whatever. j/w: how would a clan go about being able to have the leader and/or subleaders be able to have their own clan emblem skinned in?

imho, that would be a very nice plus for the game ;) =p

Xeno LARD
18-08-05, 00:52
Christ, DO YOU SPEAK ENGRISH?

It's been proposed many times but it really won't happen. They'd have to like make a webpage, and stuff.

It'd be funky, yeah.

Toxen
18-08-05, 01:12
Actually I don't really think its that hard, and the guy from FANG i think it only appeared on installs of neocrons that had, had modified texture files.

But stealing an idea from MW4 that had customisable logos on mechs. These would be selected in setup and uploaded to the other players when you joined a game and stored on their computer.

Im sure kk could set something up, where clan leader could use their login account details to upload to a ftp server and associate a logo with their clan then PA textures could have one texture that is a dynamic pointer using the clan id to pick out the logo from the database and place it there. This database would have to be copied to every players install to see it but say do it once every week would be effective. As for unclan pa wearers have the dynamic pointer either point to a deafult texture or a faction texture.

giga191
18-08-05, 03:21
Should only be for bigger clan because otherwise KK have too much work to do

Toxen
18-08-05, 03:23
If its a dynamic pointer KK doesn't have to do any work its clan leaders that upload to the ftp server using their neocron account details to login and who would define how large the clan would have to be. By limiting it you'd be setting the ground for people getting pissed off because of been left out

giga191
18-08-05, 03:34
If its a dynamic pointer KK doesn't have to do any work its clan leaders that upload to the ftp server using their neocron account details to login and who would define how large the clan would have to be. By limiting it you'd be setting the ground for people getting pissed off because of been left out You mean you want people running around with emblems that KK haven't checked e.g. a penis o_O

Toxen
18-08-05, 03:41
If there linked to a clan and only a clan leader can post them, all it takes is a person to make a complaint. Simply KK doesn't have the time to vet everything, otherwise we're see alot of officially moded ingame stuff like nc launcher pro from nc1

Tostino
18-08-05, 04:44
If its a dynamic pointer KK doesn't have to do any work its clan leaders that upload to the ftp server using their neocron account details to login and who would define how large the clan would have to be. By limiting it you'd be setting the ground for people getting pissed off because of been left out
If KK could do somthing like that I would cream my self.
I have been wanting somthing like that for a long time now, but I don't know how that would work with PA and stuff like that.

Sunny Rosalind
18-08-05, 04:46
I feel that completely redesigning the clothing system would be much more efficient and rewarding than adding an emblem function on the already existing outfits.

If there's enough clothing options out there, people can create their own clan uniforms by mixing and matching colors and styles. It wouldn't run the risk of offensive imagery like emblems would, is much more noticable and visible (though outfits of clothing made by KK can be copied easier than player-created emblems), and would benefit everyone in the game as opposed to just those in clans.

Besides, the art department is very talented and seems to gets things done very quickly (trophies?), so I'm sure that they'd be able to produce many new clothing outfits that most players would find cool looking.

Granted, having quite a few hairstyles, jackets, and pant styles is better than nothing; but when armor isn't shown on the player model (with the exception of PA), it's very difficult to run from zone to zone and not almost instantly find someone with a very similar outfit.

But then again, I'm rediculously biased :)

Hope I got my point across!

Tostino
18-08-05, 04:54
If KK re-did all the modles and skins and made alot more for all the classes, then I would like it if KK made it so PA didn't show any more.
It's not like it is somthing like it was when it was first put in in NC1 where only Tanks had it at first... I would just like it alot more if they added more verity (sp?) to the cloths and skins.

Morganth
18-08-05, 10:26
Here's an idea. Add an implant slot that puts an emblem of your choice onto certain areas of the character model, in a similar way to different weapons being displayed. KK then just have to give us the format they want the image to be in so they can map it, we submit, they then map it and patch it in, and you have your clan emblem. Then perhaps have an NPC that spawns the emblem for the clan you are currently in at a fixed price.