PDA

View Full Version : How do you want neocron to end?

Toxen
17-08-05, 21:19
Im guessing that the topic will probably attract some attention.

How do you neocron to end, by that I mean the storyline, how do you want it to progress from the point it is now, do you want some cataclismic event that forces everyone together to find a way out of it, contact with irata III restablished and another great trek, a colony established on mars to man the construction facility, the war to pick up to such a pace that we obliterate each other, a disease brought by mutant that kill off everyone else, armies of the dome of Tokyo attack and obliterate us?

BloodLetting
17-08-05, 21:34
Well I dont want an "end" maybe more of a new begining.

NC3?

aKe`cj
17-08-05, 21:38
a new area: new wastelandmaps + dungeons
a bunch of new mobs: new, very strong ones with unique models
new loot: ..from the above npcs of course
woc weapons/items: .. to be made from the above parts n crap

...and I dont even care if this is due to marsian intruders, irata peeps returning to take over command on earth, a new strange species, some asian population that co-existed peacfully until now, or whatever else...

The storyline is only as good as the content thats implemented to back it up!
New content without a background story setting is a wasted opportunity.
But a new background story setting without according content is nothing more than hot air.

Paper Dragon
17-08-05, 21:56
I'd quit like to see Irata III as some sort of military juggernaut; it's "humble" beginnings turning into some sort of all-conquering, all-annihilating machine that shall Destroy All In It's Path. Would be, in my eyes, a pretty nifty of forcing the two sides into an alliance with one another; Tokyo II could even be added as a tertiary Faction if the need arose.

My other idea involves a faulty Venture Warp teleporter, a Demonic realm and some more screwed up stuff. That might be a little too close to Event Horizon and Doom and for most, however.

-FN-
17-08-05, 21:57
We nuke the planet and move to Irata III (which subsequently is a zone-less planet O_O)

Tostino
17-08-05, 22:00
a new area: new wastelandmaps + dungeons
a bunch of new mobs: new, very strong ones with unique models
new loot: ..from the above npcs of course
woc weapons/items: .. to be made from the above parts n crap

...and I dont even care if this is due to marsian intruders, irata peeps returning to take over command on earth, a new strange species, some asian population that co-existed peacfully until now, or whatever else...

The storyline is only as good as the content thats implemented to back it up!
New content without a background story setting is a wasted opportunity.
But a new background story setting without according content is nothing more than hot air.
You should work for KK :D.
I would love to see a whole new continent (sp?) with all new mobs and maps. Maybe that would make a good chance for watter vehicles and islands to make an appearance. Also they could have a NPC boat trip from each continent to the other that costs 250k or somthing crazy to help players with giving rides in their vehicles. Also over on the asian continant they could use somthing that is "like a GR" but the systems are not connected so you can't rep from NC to Asia.

msdong
17-08-05, 22:00
the FA and NEXT form a great Arcology upon Techhaven where they build up a space exploration program.
The Twilight guardian gets Tired of fighting the CA, now that there is so much space to live, the remainig forces gets security guards for the TechArc and train for the flight to the mars colony.

TheMonks gain strenght in the dome and dominate the lawlwss factions. with all the power of corruption and PSI they slowly take over the City of Neocron again. they reduce the number of Factions by selling the city security to Tangent,merge proto und biotech. Dre is forgottenby everyone :D

while the techs do spacetravel the monks get enough power to build up psychic dimension portals and reach mars too.

in NC5 both factions try to conquer the red plant and slowly kill all the original mars population :)

Tostino
17-08-05, 22:53
Well I did some looking around and I saw some watter vehicles that I think would fit in NC with just minor changes (like a different motor for the boat, and a bad ass paint job ;)). But KK would need to come up with a better vehicle system then the ASG if they do somthing like this. So maybe somthing like...

You "use" the key of the vehice you want and it starts a timer that lasts 3 mins (you need to be standing still) and then the vehice spawns(you could say that is is being teleported by the ASG to you (for RP reasons)). For puting it away it could work the same way, but you can be moving while your puting it away (unlike taking it out).
I was thinking of this working on ALL the flying and watter type vehicles in game.

This way KK can still keep the base ASG system(while still adding a few more on the coast line).
What do you guys think?

Shenyu Reza
17-08-05, 22:59
I want :

-Fixed *Runtime Fatal Error*

Dargeshaad
17-08-05, 23:04
We gank all the kk employees in a grand bloodfeast and rejoice as the sourcecode for neocron is made public and the community develops a new neocron lightyears ahead of what neocron is today and make it free to everyone :D

Bugs Gunny
18-08-05, 09:02
In one giant FRE.....

Asurmen Spec Op
18-08-05, 09:03
Id like it to end when everyone quits when KK goes to Pre 160 monks

Original monk
18-08-05, 09:10
Id like it to end when everyone quits when KK goes to Pre 160 monks

everyone quits except for original monk who will live happely ever after with he's pre 160 monk :D

Asurmen Spec Op
18-08-05, 09:41
everyone quits except for original monk who will live happely ever after with he's pre 160 monk :D
Id stay too, and we'd run around humping corpses and eating babies

Tesee
18-08-05, 11:50
it is strange to read this as Terra will have more people following Pandore's end. It is as funny as reading threads from Terra's runner asking why Pandore is down on french forum because most of the french runners are just waiting for transfer rules now and don't care anymore about Pandore.

Brammers
18-08-05, 12:19
How I like it to end? Tricky one, but I think it will end for me when Phoenix buys out Next, and I'm the new CEO of Next. :D

Hmm, what about Regents and Dark Metal? Something is brewing down there, and it's a no go area as well.

Also the Dome of York need nuking....again!

Asurmen Spec Op
18-08-05, 12:20
Nuke A-01

Riddle
18-08-05, 14:42
How would i like it to end?......In a blaze of glory!

not a leaving party at OZ station thats for sure ;)

naimex
18-08-05, 14:50
something like this perhaps...

Thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126184&highlight=irata)

My post in the thread in particular (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1828365&postcount=14)

Tidus_Origin
18-08-05, 23:32
Nuke A-01

Congratulations! Your OCEAN-NUKING skill has increased. New level is 2. :)

MrDomino
18-08-05, 23:44
Would it be like:

Irata vs. Neocron, DOY, and Tokio

and Neocron vs. DOY and Tokio remains neutral?

zii
19-08-05, 18:28
With my account sold on Ebay, of course! :lol:

Toxen
19-08-05, 18:41
With KK becoming a PLC and every customer gettin shares.... don't think they'd be so hastey to implement buggy patchs with the threat of a shareholder revolt at every hiccup.

Tratos
19-08-05, 18:58
Something that i would think would be cool but not exactly to mark the end of NC would be somethign big to happen in Regants, DoY and or NC nuke the fuck out of it after a fair while which upsets good old mother nature who decides to get pissy again as tectonic activity reaches a high for the first time in years, Mout TG (the Volcano behind the TG Canyon) does a Mout St Helens and opens up the "Restricted Area" that is currently is, also since regants was nuked to fuck theres some nice flat land for new areas :)

-shrugs-

Id love to see the map expanded but that wont happen without some sort mass explosion due to how its built :(

naimex
19-08-05, 21:24
With KK becoming a PLC and every customer gettin shares.... don't think they'd be so hastey to implement buggy patchs with the threat of a shareholder revolt at every hiccup.

PLC ??

is that like... a company that is owned sort off 51 % in house and 49 % private persons and other interested.

Rogue Arson
19-08-05, 22:14
lol I think the ending should be some evil twist... like the history taught is a flat out lie, and we're all clones of ppl still living on earth. We're being bread to invade earth, and the war between NC and the Dome is simply a way to weed out the weak...

Or... I don't know... a really well thought out plot twist instead of something off the top of my head =)

LiL T
20-08-05, 01:14
I liked the idea of aliens being a player of AO =/ . But that is far from the current story of neocron, if it was ever to happen, Neocron should be destroyed within the next ten years game time. The whole thing is unstable, it won't be long befor operatives working under the DOY alliance use a suitcase bomb, totaly destroying the city. Why they would do this ? Well who wouldn't ... CA are arseholes and are only interested in money, they are a big greedy corperation. The same goes for the DOY factions who are now much stronger non of these factions know the score... I and my clan will continue to demolish established corperations untill the rest of the world see's the truth!!! We will kill anyone who is pro city admin and those who are pro doy.

Asurmen Spec Op
20-08-05, 03:21
Congratulations! Your OCEAN-NUKING skill has increased. New level is 2. :)
Que FF lvl music

giga191
20-08-05, 03:30
Would it be like:

Irata vs. Neocron, DOY, and Tokio

and Neocron vs. DOY and Tokio remains neutral? Or everyone could kill each other and I could be there to hack the belts

vashtyphoon78
20-08-05, 06:32
id like to see a new system in space, like Eve Online, and Irate 3 would be cool.

Toxen
20-08-05, 11:30
Wonder if KK realises how much potential is currently going to waste in NC.

Dargeshaad
20-08-05, 11:34
Wonder if KK realises how much potential is currently going to waste in NC.
Wonder how many times KK have been told that :lol:

Scanner Darkly
26-08-05, 03:49
Well I did some looking around and I saw some watter vehicles that I think would fit in NC with just minor changes (like a different motor for the boat, and a bad ass paint job ;)). But KK would need to come up with a better vehicle system then the ASG if they do somthing like this. So maybe somthing like...

You "use" the key of the vehice you want and it starts a timer that lasts 3 mins (you need to be standing still) and then the vehice spawns(you could say that is is being teleported by the ASG to you (for RP reasons)). For puting it away it could work the same way, but you can be moving while your puting it away (unlike taking it out).
I was thinking of this working on ALL the flying and watter type vehicles in game.

This way KK can still keep the base ASG system(while still adding a few more on the coast line).
What do you guys think?

I would LOVE to see some sort of water based vehicle implemented. I was thinking that the wastelands could get hit by a large meteorite that would score a massive lake (1+ sectors in size, but i think 1 would be enough so we dont have boats that sink and drown their crew on zoneline :) ). You could have modified asg terminals on little platforms/jetties at the edge of said lake - and a pair of OPs near the middle - secret underwater entrances, marine assaults - the possibilities are endless...

To take this one step further - KK could organise a water vehicle design contest - you know how much fun we'd have with that!

naimex
26-08-05, 03:53
We had a good long brainport thread a year or so ago I think it is now, with all sorts of ideas and angles on how to implement a fair and balanced water environment to the game, with sharks and whales and piranhas and boats, and this little shack on a little island where you could buy it all, so you had to swim out there first between all the deadly animals to get weapons and vehicles for the water.

Scanner Darkly
26-08-05, 04:23
How did it turn out in the end? Is there a thread you could point me to Naimex?

I like all those piranhas and sharks, but just getting any sort of water vehicles into the game would be cool methinks. If anyone's interested I'll post some designs I knocked up...

SnAkE_BE
26-08-05, 04:33
Well I dont want an "end" maybe more of a new begining.

NC3?

lol neocron 3 "iratta III" :p:p:p

----------------

well u know there should be something like an earthquake and then an island apears in th sea around neocron
u know with caves and stuff on it with like amphibious mobs on it :)

an island without grs where u got to either fly to of swim to.

or

tg and cm become an aliance and take over th and the dome and neocron will have to sort of work toghether for a while or something :p
like sparta and athena.
just something thats really need some thinking over u know :p:p:p

or what about an old abandoned forgotten nuke storage exploded and made some kind of cave somewhere on the map with new mobs.

---------

btw an event with something BIG that need much damage to drop and does much damage. something u got to fight with like 20 ppl or so to kill it after a long amount of time u know :) something to keep the folks busy :)

just some stupid things that actually after alot of tweaking could be great :)

*** especially the seacave :p:p:p (hint hint KK) ***

Prom_STar
26-08-05, 04:35
Neocron three:
The power of City Administration suddenly wavers (TG claims they've assassianted Reeza, CA denies these claims. Regardless, their control over Neocron slips). As the strength of CopBots and STORMBots weakens, the Dome begins to win the war. Slowly but steadily, the forces of the Dome Alliance move towards the gates of Neocron. As their victory nears, however, the alliance begins to come apart. With the possibility of defeating Neocron appraoching, the individual Dome factions begin to realize they each have very different plans for Neocron: Crahn wants to reestablish psi monk rule, Twighlight Guardians want to liberate the peoples of Neocron from any form of tyranny. Without CA surveilance, Tsunami and Black Dragon reestablish their control of pepper park, once again making them competitiors. At the gates of Neocron, the armies of the Dome disperse as their controlling factions turn their sights on each other.
Neocron breathes a sigh of relief as the Dome forces retreat. With the threat now gone, the rivalry between Biotech and Tangent heats up, soon errupting into open war. The other corporations, eager to increase their own power in the wake of City Administration's falling power, are quick to choose sides in the conflict.

Basically, screw Dome v. City. Have a more interesting political system. Make the F6 window fun again.

Oh yeah.... nothing happens with City Mercs. They're still just.... there

SnAkE_BE
26-08-05, 04:36

I like all those piranhas and sharks, but just getting any sort of water vehicles into the game would be cool methinks. If anyone's interested I'll post some designs I knocked up...

piranhas sharks??? dude we are livving in neaocron man u got to make it like mega mutant sharks and dinosaurlike snake look alike firespitting (or whatever) waterdragon things.:D

Scanner Darkly
26-08-05, 04:47
piranhas sharks??? dude we are livving in neaocron man u got to make it like mega mutant sharks and dinosaurlike snake look alike firespitting (or whatever) waterdragon things.:D

Mutated sharks with laser beams!!!one
http://www.sdarkly.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/nc/dr_evil_1.jpg

Just replying to what Naimex said, but waterdragons get my vote :)

SnAkE_BE
26-08-05, 05:16
well u know an underwater mod isnt a good idea only melleetank will be able to kill em cuz u cant use other weapons under water.

Scanner Darkly
26-08-05, 05:28
killable and targetable with boats/air vehicles...

naimex
26-08-05, 06:00

Couldnt find the thread, but I remember using some of the ideas from the thread in this thread.

The New mob thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=96420&highlight=shark)

Ill see if i can find that damn thread in some cached page on google or something, but it doesnt seem like theres much hope..

EDIT 1:

Another thread.. one of mine actually.. but even this one of mine was a new version of an even older one... MUST FIND !!

also:

Sharks with Freeking Laser beams attatched to there heads!

My water and boats thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=93865&page=1&pp=15)

EDIT 2:

There was a thread a while before mine about the same thing, but it seems that all proof of its existence beyond my memory has been destroyed... :(

EDIT 3:

Just noticed this, and I found it quite hilarious..

perfect for Tokyo 3 , in 2005

EDIT 4:

Found an older one, it was in my thread :

The older island thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88153&highlight=island)

EDIT 5:

im slow but wots Drom (New enhanced horny SEX-dr00000000000m) mean... don't laugh lol

LOL!

EDIT 6:

Cant find the exact thread I was thinking off... :(

Hell-demon
26-08-05, 14:52
We al know Tokyo 2 and Neocron aren't on speaking terms so we can assume things will go hostile.Tokyo 2 threatens Neocron and DoY so DoY and Neocron team up to duke it out with Tokyo 2 in a huge land battle requiring all runners to work together to take back the outposts. Then get MB out of the hands of Tokyo 2 and launch a nuke at Tokyo 2 making Neocron and DoY the last of the mega cities that we know of.

The ships reach irata only to find it is a wasteland caused by an asteroid hit. The ships automatic landing sequence is activated all colonisers killed due to harsh conditions. Those 90 years the colonists slumbered dreaming of heavenly paradise are awoken to be greeted by hell.

With this knowledge the future of humanity rests on the runners of Neocron and DoY to help repair Earth and survive. The last hope of Irata is gone.

sanityislost
26-08-05, 15:27
NC3:
The war between DoY and NC has taken its toll on both sides. NC has lost so
many copbots it will take years to rebuild the forces. Runners have been
called in to fill in till then.

The DoY bots have started to malfunction, they are attacking everything
there sensors lock on to...even each other.

Tokyo 2 heard of the war going on and has been waiting for the perfect time
to strike...that time has come...with DoY and NC forces at breaking point it
should be an easy victory...

The ships reached irata, NC received an automated distress message...this
message was only sent on repeat for 10 minutes.

Irata 3 had already been colonised during the 90 years the ships where flying
to irata, once the ships from earth arrived unknown forces killed the
passengers and destroyed the ships.

The unknown force has sent ships towards earth....

SiL ..:..

Original monk
26-08-05, 15:31
pitty we have a rollback by then and lost all our stuff before the game is even upgraded/transfered

(sorry as an ex saturn player i yust couldnt resist interrupting these (honestly) nice endings :) )

edit: and i miss alot of people from the old posts naimex has posted :/

SnAkE_BE
26-08-05, 15:45
NC3:
The war between DoY and NC has taken its toll on both sides. NC has lost so
many copbots it will take years to rebuild the forces. Runners have been
called in to fill in till then. (LAME O_o )

The DoY bots have started to malfunction, they are attacking everything
there sensors lock on to...even each other.(LAMER O_o )

Tokyo 2 heard of the war going on and has been waiting for the perfect time
to strike...that time has come...with DoY and NC forces at breaking point it
should be an easy victory... (LAMEST O_o )

The ships reached irata, NC received an automated distress message...this
message was only sent on repeat for 10 minutes.

Irata 3 had already been colonised during the 90 years the ships where flying
to irata, once the ships from earth arrived unknown forces killed the
passengers and destroyed the ships. (PRETTY GOOD :D )

The unknown force has sent ships towards earth.... (HELL YEAH :lol: :D :lol: )

SiL ..:..

fist is lame
second even lamer
and the third the lamest but the 2 last ideas are very good man havent even thought of that.

nc and doy working together to defeat the aliens nice

LiL T
26-08-05, 19:37
Humm aliens, that one would clash with the current story but if aliens arrived in orbit around our earth tommrow and then completly leveled Newyork, london, berlin, tokyo and all other major citys. I think that would be like WTF and so I think it could be pretty cool, a way to slowly get this game into the future and space! They sent ships too Irata so what happened to them, maybe they did well out there and with all the technology and no wars to halt there advance. They might have a way of getting back to earth and stop the NC DOY war

humm..:D

ROZZER187
26-08-05, 19:55
it will prolly end with one big FATAL where everyone looses all their stuff and kk roll back to nc1 retail :D

SnAkE_BE
26-08-05, 22:48
u dont continue the game by ending the war or else ull have no game in a mather of days the war should stay

should be like the aliens lvl nc or doy and start colonizing the place while they fight the humans
at least the point will be then that u could get player to the alian side to fight humans so doy and nc should work together or still fight each other but have a common enemy.

a triangle of death :p