PDA

View Full Version : The Straw that broke this Camel's back

Dr Strange
16-08-05, 02:37
http://home.carolina.rr.com/thepit/lame.jpg

Now, notice I circled my current cash. Thats all the money I have, all. I had been hunting for a day or so with what I had, to gather some cash, to buy a glider. Cause even buggy gliders, still work if you know what you're doing.

My rigger build, incorporates vehicles, not stealth. I was already at the point of using the higher requirment vehicles, the main of which is the "Scout" glider.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU JUSTIFY MAKING A VEHICLE, THAT HAS NO OFFENSIVE WEAPONS, COST ALMOST 300K?

That, plus the changes to the way Epics are done in terms of killing requirements, you pretty much cut off my only real source of income. With 3 free character slots, I can make a decent amount of money a day. Sure, its not the "real" way to do the Epic mission, but at this point in our economy, it is a rather large linch pin in the economy.

Which reminds me, there is almost no economy.

This game, is pretty much all if not almost dead.

A monday night, as of current, see's 17%. Wow. A whopping 170 people. Here let me log into Anarchy Online, City of Heroes, Guild Wars, and see 500 people in 1 single zone, let alone 5000+ on 1 server. And yes, those games listed do not contain elves (I hate WoW and EQ).

I mean, it's a god damn shame that you log into a ghost town. Sure, Everyone says DoY gets all the cool shit over NC city, but guess what, NC CITY HAS THE PEOPLE. I spent 2 hours running around today, when the server was at 15% (since it peaks out at around 20ish, thats good enough), in DoY. I never saw a single living human player. Plenty of NPC's galore, not one person. I ran every sector many times, even stood in the few "populated" places such as FA/TG hq's, Crahn area, "City Center" (what a fucking joke that place is) etc

Don't get me wrong, I love the potential Neocron had. A futuristic cyberpunk sci fi FPS MMO where skill in terms of an FPS meant winning and there wasn't some WoW sized grinding that needed to be done (unless you wanted WoC). Great potential there. But it had that potential. A year ago, it had that potential.

It's gone so far down hill it's not even funny.

- Constant, constant, and do I even need to do constant x infinity to prove how constant the problems with Click2Pay? Just search for that term, or the term C2P, and see the hundreds of threads where the player is just batted back and forth in emails between C2P and KK. Each side always saying it's the other sides fault. Hell I even ousted C2P as being information sellers online, Odin said "something would be done". Nothing ever was, they still give our information out, some of us still get spam from various companies whom have recieved our information from C2P. Not to mention again, how many people have been over charged, re charged, double charged, frauduelently charged, you name it they've done it. And we're stuck with it. Sure, there is PayByCash, whom still does not offer PayPal, took well over 6 months after the games launch to implement, and offers no free trial.

- Advertisement. Even a partnership with Alienware hasn't seemed to help them other than possibly financially. I mean you don't see Neocron advertisements on the Alienware website, just their ads, in-game. Look at the magazine reviews, who reviewed a current game (at the time) and scored it accordingly. Kinda funny how most major PC magazines rated the game pretty piss poor. Now imagine if American magazines reviewed it, they'd fucking rip it too shreds. Sad how KK's employees had to stoop to the level of calling one specific writer/editor a "pussy" cause of his neocron experiences (forum search for review or reviews)

- Delays, delays, delays. Seems like everytime an issue comes up (usually its one thats been around a while) they just push it back, and back, and back. And at best implement a band-aid fix.

- The oh so "it will save Neocron!" International Release. God, at best this shit had me laughing for days. Hyped up as the next coming of Christ himself this was to save the game and fill the servers. We got some newbie missions, a few high level missions, couple new useful items, no real major bug fixes, and not many new players. (if there was an "influx" it sure as hell doesn't show, 20%? Come on, I can log into Diablo 1 and find 10,000 people still playing that...) I fucking howled when people started showing digi cam pictures of Neocron 2. on the bottom shelf, at a discount price, with 1 copy in a single store.

- The whole Rules of Conduct enforcement for player names. Do I even need to go into the hypocrisy? Do a search. You'll find quotes from Lupus, excuse me, Dirius, saying "our enviroment is one thing, it does not give the players the excuse to name their characters anything they want". Which basically translated too "It's fine to walk through the game and see full frontal nudity, blood & gore, and profanity from various NPC's, yet you cannot use a scientific term like Penis in your player name". If you only knew the fucking willpower it took to continue playing after that. I am guilty myself of hypocrisy on many occasions, but I'm also not a MMO company trying to provide a game for users to play.

The point of all this? Aside from "The Mourning", this has to be the greatest failed MMO ever. It had such potential, to be a fucking awesome game, and yet the company behind it can't get past their own well, lets say, limitations.

Oh I know, I've got way more "enemies" than friends around here, I really don't care anymore. Losing an entire account of 4 capped characters and all the items & money to a "friend" really puts things in perspective when you think about it. Was I looking for an "excuse" to quit? No. I had been contemplating this for a while. In my state, here in America, gasoline has gone to just under $3.00 a gallon. Which yea for other countries or areas may seem cheap, for a small town, in a small state, that's expensive. That $30 that's spent every 3 months is a weeks worth of gas for the family, and at this point, every bit saved is a bit earned. (without going into american politics with our current cabinent, you know what I mean). That said, no one will "hope you return" or "see you will you get back". *shrug* just the way the world works ya know. i know what is said about me to some people, i just dont care anymore. you know what its like to just, not care? it's like a giant rock is lifted off your shoulders. theres no burden. no, stress.

my pay period ends September 6th 2005. on September 5th 2005 I will be closing my account, until a time when either A) the game makes some decent progress, B) it becomes economically open to play again, or C) just implodes on itself in which case I will still reopen my account just to point-laugh and say I told you so (at KK, not the players, no offense to those who still manage faith in this game..)

- Mav (always hated the dr strange name but some random fucker took Mav a year ago so *shrug*)

p.s. ++++post count for Nid, I'm sure he'll enjoy this one, deep down I know he's been waiting for this day for some time. Enjoy it and savor it.

So say we all

LaZyBoY
16-08-05, 02:42
its ok nc is a better place with out you and BTW make one or lern to barter ^^

eprodigy
16-08-05, 02:48
agree completly (with dr. s) (except for the glider thing mostly because i dont give a shit) but its all old news happens over and over again in NC the same things..

even the only good thing left in the game, pvp, is ruined by something (ppus/monks)

Tratos
16-08-05, 02:50
- The whole Rules of Conduct enforcement for player names. Do I even need to go into the hypocrisy? Do a search. You'll find quotes from Lupus, excuse me, Dirius, saying "our enviroment is one thing, it does not give the players the excuse to name their characters anything they want". Which basically translated too "It's fine to walk through the game and see full frontal nudity, blood & gore, and profanity from various NPC's, yet you cannot use a scientific term like Penis in your player name". If you only knew the fucking willpower it took to continue playing after that. I am guilty myself of hypocrisy on many occasions, but I'm also not a MMO company trying to provide a game for users to play.

I find that you were pissed off at that laughable, i really do.
The "Pussy Club" and the strippers that are in all of the clubs are Atmospheric, somone called "Testicular Cancer" or something along those lines is just fucking ignorant, also there has been no full frontal nudity in Neocron since those rules came into place with NC2 Retail.

Good Bye.

Pungent77
16-08-05, 03:08
its ok nc is a better place with out you and BTW make one or lern to barter ^^
ga ga goo gooo......please go back to school and "lern" not to flame people with valid opinions.

@OP why the hell would you name yourself after a "scientific" term for male reproductive organ? to me that seems someone is looking for trouble or that person likes to slurp em :wtf: but hey, to each his own.

Dr Strange
16-08-05, 03:18
also there has been no full frontal nudity in Neocron since those rules came into place with NC2 Retail.

Good Bye.

Club Veronique

Rather large poster on the wall of a nude female. Not the cheesy dark red neon like in DoY or PP3 but a pretty clear picture. Even if it is only half nudity (chest only) it's still ok to have posters, of breasts, but you can't use the word breast in a character name?

Dr Strange
16-08-05, 03:19
why the hell would you name yourself after a "scientific" term for male reproductive organ? to me that seems someone is looking for trouble or that person likes to slurp em :wtf: but hey, to each his own.

I personally didn't. But I knew several people that had names that were not offensive, were totally inline with Neocron's themes and setting, and yet where forced to change names.

Pungent77
16-08-05, 03:31
To some degree I can understand the name thing, but I know we all have seen some questionable ones.

a4nic8er
16-08-05, 04:00
I don't see anything in your post I can disagree with Dr Strange. I haven't bumped into you in game so have no negative opininion at all about you. I hope you manage to enjoy your life without that load on your shoulders and don't suffer too much cold turkey. The rest of us will just have to struggle on with our constant love/hate relationship with this game.

Just one suggestion though.....

my pay period ends September 6th 2005. on September 5th 2005 I will be closing my account
.....don't you need to cancel at least 7 days before the next payment to avoid being billed on the 6th? Personally, I would cancell the sub on 30th August if I was making that decision (8 days would give them no excuse to screw it up) and check that I got the email confirmation.

Rogue Arson
16-08-05, 04:22
Any droner/vehicle spy with the abiltity to fly can make 300k in an hour easilly. Remember ppl, the prices of the gliders were drasticly REDUCED because of the sync problems with them blowing up. I'm assuming, even though I haven't checked, that KK assumes this patch will fix the crashing on zone problem with gliders and therefore returned the price to where it originally was. I personally don't see a problem with that. As for the rest, its an old argument.

edit:

I will add something now that I think of it though. You get outta Neocron what you put into it. Many of us have a ton of fun in game on a daily basis... not because of new content, or the hope of some patch to make everything perfect, but because we go out to have fun. If someone is havin' a hard time enjoying themselves, and feel thats KK's fault, perhaps a change in gameplay or perspective is in order.

Mr Kot
16-08-05, 04:31
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU JUSTIFY MAKING A VEHICLE, THAT HAS NO OFFENSIVE WEAPONS, COST ALMOST 300K?Same reason that the price of the +5 drugs was increased dramatically ages ago; to encourage player to player trade. The Aircraft keys have only been available in DoY, thus swinging the city "shaft-o-meter" to the left. Now the price has been increased to force DoY cheapskates to grovel to NEXT for their parts, thus swinging the "shaft-o-meter" a little more to the right.

Unless the recipes for these vehicles' blueprints have changed, i can't see what the problem is. Don't tell me that a regular aircraft user set up for flying hasn't had cabinets full of BPs of these things all along?

Lucid Dream
16-08-05, 04:32
A hovertek can crash into trees, it can fly off of a mountain, and it can be sunk in water, and not take any damage, but if you get in a glider while its moving, it loses half health. If you hit a mountain, building, tree or invisible box in the sky
in a glider, it explodes.
The glider should have been reduced in price, not increased in price.
EDIT:
I understand the need for player to player trading, but the price charged for the gliders will be relative to the price it costs in stores, not the price it costs to make. No matter what, it will be more expensive to get ahold of gliders now.

Dirus
16-08-05, 04:42
Closed. till Nid gets back.

Mr Kot
16-08-05, 04:43
Closed. till Nid gets back.Press the "Submit and Close" button then :p

eprodigy
16-08-05, 04:43
he cant even close properly :angel:

Toxen
16-08-05, 05:14
*sighs* I do feel sorry that long term players are leaving but, perhaps its for the best those that have been here have become bitter and twisted but have remained in some faned hope that neocron would ever reach its potential which I doubt it has the chance to now. The views and opinions of those become influenced on new players and with the combinded factors of bugs constantly crashing them out of game NC never will be able to maintain a influx of players to those that leave daily. And yes they do most just slip silently out only the few that still have some misguided faith make the grand gesture posts in an attempt to make KK sit up and realise its loosing.

Gotterdammerung
16-08-05, 06:21
closed as per forum rules and guidelines