PDA

View Full Version : Patch 141 & 142 Facts

Thanatos
15-08-05, 16:31
Please use this thread to report any problems or bugs with the patch.

Any other forms of comments belong into the discussion thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=127571)

CMaster
15-08-05, 16:56
Master Hunters only speak german...

giga191
15-08-05, 17:05
Vehicles leave their sound behind after being dismissed at ASGs

The sky looks like my inventory after zoning altho fixed by alt tabbing

Toilet-Duck
15-08-05, 17:23
We seem to be going backwards you now fatal when clicking info on any citycom :rolleyes: .

TWOK
15-08-05, 17:39
We seem to be going backwards you now fatal when clicking info on any citycom :rolleyes: .

No, just on Terra.....Runtime error everytime I check info.
I had this prob and presumed nc had borked itself, so I reinstalled. Didn't help, so I checked on Mars and didn't have this issue :confused:

ArthurDent2k
15-08-05, 18:09
Mercury has it too :)

Dirus
15-08-05, 18:11
Send me your callstack.log & error.log. On the CityCom crash.

ArthurDent2k
15-08-05, 18:37
- Epic-Missions still say "Kill Runner blabla"...at least the BT does and doesn't mention a NPC or sosuch. Now,if you could at least say where the NPCs are located...killing a Runner doesn't work anymore (well,at least that works :rolleyes: )

Regards

ArthurDentk2k

Dribble Joy
15-08-05, 19:15
Master Hunters only speak german...
Seconded.

The scrolling of the chat box doesn't sit the text at the bottom when yu scroll down, it rests one line up, you have to grab the slider.

FRE when GRing from CM clan apt to BDHQ.

Brammers
15-08-05, 20:04
More callstacks for instant crash on clicking on "info" in citycomm.

Edit: Hmm callstack looks short for some reason.

P.S. Please remove the IP from the error log dumps, bit of a inernet security issue IMHO.

Edit 2: This happens when using a RN terminal in FA HQ as a Fallen Angel.

FarSight
15-08-05, 20:06
- Epic-Missions still say "Kill Runner blabla"...at least the BT does and doesn't mention a NPC or sosuch. Now,if you could at least say where the NPCs are located...killing a Runner doesn't work anymore (well,at least that works :rolleyes: )

Regards

ArthurDentk2k

For me it says kill Twilight Guardian Staff Member, kiling NPC instead of ppl works and dont bother bout rank ... knifed 10/10 TG NPC with my 70/50 ppu and Mission Obj Successfull

PS. I started epic after patch

Dargeshaad
15-08-05, 20:21
The new vechs positioning, if you jump off a moving vech, quad for instance it will appear to coast a good few meters even through solid objects like GR platforms. And when you try to get back on it it says cannot reach this object because the client is seeing the vech in the incorrect place as it stopped where u got off it but where it appears to be is actually too far away to let you get on it unless you relog you won't see this. This is gonna cause a crap load fun when people fall out of gliders.
I quoted because I'm too lazy to type it myself :D

Brammers
15-08-05, 20:30
My clan members reckon it's faction related. One of my members said Lore (of TG) doesn't crash.

Here's a crashlog from a Next character.

Also I can only attach the error log - the forum software doesn't let me attach the callstack.log as it things it's the same file.

TWOK
15-08-05, 20:41
It seems only certain factions get the citycom crash, my FA/CM chars have this. Another clan member crashes on FA/NEXT char but not on his TG char.

Selendor
15-08-05, 21:23
Just got my first triple-email from skill advisor. Was sitting still in Tech Haven doing nothing, not even a failed login.

Psycho_byte
15-08-05, 21:47
i cant seem to do tl150 ress missions coz my clans symp is 89, mine is 97.

why is this so...

Dirus
15-08-05, 22:45
i cant seem to do tl150 ress missions coz my clans symp is 89, mine is 97.

why is this so...

When your in a clan, your faction sees you as a member of said clan, and treats you as said clan.

You could always think of it as an incentive to keep your clanmates on the straight an narrow with your own faction :p

Psycho_byte
15-08-05, 22:48
thanks for response, wasnt sure if it was intentional. is this true of the fsm too? or just the missions

Dirus
15-08-05, 22:51
thanks for response, wasnt sure if it was intentional. is this true of the fsm too? or just the missions

I belive it's true for the FSM aswell, tho atm I'm not 100% on that so.. *just got home from work, isn't all here yet*

-FN-
15-08-05, 22:55
GLIDER TEST RUN

The Great News:
My second spawned glider from the a_08 ASG flew *perfectly* from there to Desert Race Track in a matter of maybe two minutes. When I got to DRT I went cruising on the ground to see if a random small plant blew it up... no damage :D I nicked a tree to see the kind of damage it would do, lost about 33%. That's just about perfect I'd say.

The Not so Bad News:
Took back off and zoned south into F_11 to see if the HP bug still existed - lost 25% HP (Falling Dmg from zonespawn?). Damn. Zoned over to CRP, no problems. Zoned north to Tezla, lost 50% more HP.... Landed on a hill and healed up. Flew seamlessly to the Tescom Zone, however when I zoned in, I was in the middle of the zone, on the ground, no glider to be found. Searched the south zoneline where I would have zoned in, found it, flew to the ASG in k_11 and dismissed successfully.

Summary:
My first spawned Glider resulted in my first attachment. I couldn't get onto it no matter what angle I tried. I had to dismiss and respawn it.

Otherwise, it just looks like there are a few zones where the "spawn, drop, lose hp, warp to vehicle with lost HP" still exists, but overall, WOW. I zoned with auto-run on several times, never had a single problem! I zoned holding forward down, not a problem. Looks like you finally licked the majority glider zoning problems KK!

My one request would be to add more of an exhaust trail. When you look up into the sky and see the white trail an airplane has left, that's cool. Obviously not that dramatic, but perhaps a tail that is a quarter-zone long behind it so you could almost sky write would be SWEET :D

-FN-
15-08-05, 23:00
QUAD TEST RUN

The Great News:
Hell yes it has more power. It honestly feels 100% like it looks now. I love the dirt effects and the pickup is excellent. My speed build up got me through entire patches of DoY bots without them firing :) Perfect job KK!

The Bad News:
See attached image. As someone mentioned, hopping off the vehicle means it no longer detects solid objects. I tested it at El Farid and wouldn't you know it, the Quad went right through the buildings :(

Summary:
It's perfect - just fix the clipping!

-FN-
15-08-05, 23:14
HOVERTEC TEST RUN

The Good News:
It has a cool exhaust tail. Top speed, when you reach it, seems to be a bit higher.

The Not so Good News:
See attached images. Plagued with the clipping issue that the Quad (maybe all vehicles) have. It also takes a long time for it to build up speed and any turning really seems to slow it down. Don't know if it's intended to be like that or not.

Summary:
If possible, give it a little more pickup while leaving the top speed the same. Other than that, just fix the clipping issue.

VHC skill should be reworked - someone with 50 VHC should have a higher top speed and better turning and someone with 25 VHC. Makes racing more skill based, hehe :)

Darkana
15-08-05, 23:14
Crash on "info" section in Citycom seems to be related to FA, at least CA and TT don't show this behaviour. Maybe something wrong with the data of the faction description, dunno.

Attached error.log and callstack.log.

Brammers
15-08-05, 23:19
Ok, if you have an totally empty inventory, you cannot move items from the cabs, gogo, processor, quickbelt or implants to your inventory.

If you empty your inventory, same thing happens you can't move stuff.

The workaround goto a shop and buy a milky ren or anything, then you can move stuff into your inventory.

Edit: Another workaround, ask a mate to trade you a item. But keep one item in your inventory.

-FN-
15-08-05, 23:33
The BioTech Director of Operations has gone into the witness protection program, changing his name and title.

Mr Kot
16-08-05, 04:15
It seems only certain factions get the citycom crash, my FA/CM chars have this. Another clan member crashes on FA/NEXT char but not on his TG char.Further info on INFO --> FACTION crashes:

FRE occurs on INFO -> FACTION lookups of the following factions only: DRE, NEXT, BD, CS, CM and FA

CA, BT, TT, PP, TS and TG are all ok.
Of course, the first tab shown on pressing INFO is FACTION, and the first faction shown is your own faction, so members of the DRE, NEXT, BD, CS, CM and FA get instant FRE upon pressing INFO.

Members of the "safe" factions dont fatal straightaway, and can access all other areas of the INFO sections, but if they look up any of the "unsafe" factions, they will fatal.

I belive it's true for the FSM aswell, tho atm I'm not 100% on thatNot any more. Patch 108 changed that so only personal symp is read at the FSM, hence why all my chars have had FSM access since then, even though my clan symp was always been in the low 70s.

Castoff
16-08-05, 05:27
I removed all my items from my inventory and put them in the goguardian.
I am not able to put anything into my inventory now. I can put the items into my quick belt and into my processor. Not in my inventory. I can click take all and then items will go into my inventory.

I am also still having log on problems. PC locks up at log in screen. Other log in problems as well. Perma sync and no inventory.

Toxen
16-08-05, 05:30
Yes Major clipping issues with the vechials now, Anything thats moving when you get off it will appear to coast for a while ignoring solid objects when in reality it stoped where you got off, this is visible to other players but not to the driver/owner who sees the vechial continue merrily on its way. I belive FN that may have been the problem with your first glider spawn where you couldn't board it im sure if you have reloged it wasn't where you saw it. I'd whack this clipping issue into the hotfix priority list.

Toxen
16-08-05, 05:35
Oh and Dirus complete patch notes would have been good like, fixing the trophy drops, adding new spawns for new mobs, ie marsh sarus and swamprider.

Oh and warbot trophy inventory icon shows the copbot trophy icon.

Dirus
16-08-05, 06:07
Oh and Dirus complete patch notes would have been good like, fixing the trophy drops, adding new spawns for new mobs, ie marsh sarus and swamprider.

Oh and warbot trophy inventory icon shows the copbot trophy icon.

I'm not in the office. I report what I know about. Swamprider was added to the spawns back when the Cyborgs were.

Riddle
16-08-05, 10:33
Ok tested my Chaincraft and as suggested above it does continue to move when you get out and to my surprise went right through the ASG.

I had no problems spawning / despawning it.

When I was hunting WB's I got out of the chaincraft and was unable to re-enter it. Got the message "your to far away". I was stood right next to it!!!

So i zoned on foot and came back to collect it :) no chairs around to reset my position ;)

Toilet-Duck
16-08-05, 11:20
Yup Im getting these emails as well.. Doesnt seem to have been fixed :rolleyes: .

Morganth
16-08-05, 11:30
Yup Im getting these emails as well.. Doesnt seem to have been fixed :rolleyes: .

I think they only fixed the number you get sent at once. Technically the system that decides when you get the emails is probably basing it on the wrong thing. At the moment, I reckon the server updates the client with your stats etc when you log in, and the client then tells the server your stats to check. This is when the email system checks to see if you need to receive the class emails. Seeing as you mainly get the emails after you experience some kind of 50/80 bug when you log in, that would explain why you get the emails. The server fails to update you client side, the client sends back the info to the server saying "I r nib", which the server doesn't allow (hence you being in Sync, because the server is still trying to update you), but the email system takes the client info as "Nib!!!" and emails you. What it should do is base the need for emails on the database values of your stats.

Thats my theory, anyway :p

And on the note of your stats in the database, I think the database needs to have another table for experience values for the last 3-5 times you logged in, so you can't get that wierd bug that resets your XP back to the current level (which I think I was the only person to experience). That or do weekly back-ups of the server. I mean, if KK can't check the XP of one stat for one character, then everyone is gonna be fucked if the DB decides to pull a Saturn :rolleyes: