PDA

View Full Version : Patch 141 & 142 Discussion

Thanatos
15-08-05, 14:56
Patch Notes (http://cp.neocron.com/5/patchnotes?id=133&lang=eng&)

The servers will go down at 3 PM CET for approximately 1 hour.

RogerRamjet
15-08-05, 14:59
- Modified code to prevent startup emails being sent multiple times.

YAY. That'll save alot of clicking.

Xylaz
so... anything about the pandore?

Toilet-Duck
Nice to see bugfixes and that email problem fixed...Still no zoo? :(

Brammers
15-08-05, 15:02
Increased the prices of glider vehicles.
Gah not another "Phoenix Ltd" nerf?

What happened to:-

Hacknet balancing and fixing?
Research Mission changes?

Edit: Still looking good. :)

Tratos
15-08-05, 15:05
so... anything about the pandore?
Nid has said (Check 'Community Statements') the annoucement wont come today.

Nice patch, finaly no more starter e-mails and hopefully with the new GR measures the shaft-o-meter will go a little to he right :)

Both fixes and additions look pretty nice, especialy this new mission and those super trophies... :/ is the hurler king the Tiki mission? or is this not yet fixed?

[VP]Orion
15-08-05, 15:07
Best patch ever yes...

"- Modified code to prevent startup emails being sent multiple times." will keep me happy for a long while.

Original monk
15-08-05, 15:07
the team that whent missing in action did they leave there last coordinates so we can still try to track em tonight ? every minute counts in these critical situations !

CMaster
15-08-05, 15:08
No more epic kills? SEXINESS.
Any info on where this hurler king run starts?
And gliders more expensive? WTF. People have been demanding them CHEAPER until they are fixed, and they get made MORE expensive?

Slynis
15-08-05, 15:08
hurler mission? okayy like the doy dont got pretty much all the important stuff already, why not add some more entertaining items to doy only.

U guys really need to rethink the games balance.

//SMurf

RogerRamjet
15-08-05, 15:15
No more epic kills? SEXINESS.

Suxx. That was the whole fun of an epic.

Brammers
15-08-05, 15:19
Dam, that means no more money from epic kills. Made a fortune from PP runners. :)

COLD
15-08-05, 15:20
- PvP kill targets have been adjusted to Faction NPC kills.

Does this mean that LE characters can do all the epics now without having to kill other players for epic kills?

Edit: Damn 4 replies before I got this typed out. I guess so. :)

msdong
15-08-05, 15:20
- Increased the prices of glider vehicles.

hmm, i hope the other VHC fixes work on gliders too. i dont like to nuke em like now and pay more for them.
btw, if they cost more, ill guess the recipe to build are chaged. what happen to the current BPs ?
i like the VHC fixes. btw what about the armed quad ?

Nice patch.

Slynis
15-08-05, 15:23
[ edited ]

Brammers
15-08-05, 15:24
hmm, i hope the other VHC fixes work on gliders too. i dont like to nuke em like now and pay more for them.
btw, it they cost more, ill guess the recipe to build are chaged. what happen to the current BPs ?

I'll tell you later I've got the old recipe written down for all the vehicles, so I'll be able to compare.

Toxen
15-08-05, 15:24
No epic kills now? Are you fucking insane? Bye Bye any remaining economy

Gliders more expensive they cost 40k without barter already and they blow when they hit a bush ffs

DoY gets another mini epic, oh yay how about this we all go doy and make you life easier so you can just add content there. Its not like we've been waiting for the zoo since NC1 in NC.

Trophies, you've added more. Dunno if you read the forums but people are only able to get drom and marsh hippos and belive me we've had hordes of people trying, i've turned up 3 droms and 2 marsh hipos myself and if the drop rate is the same with other mobs as those are or if its increased with higher ranked mobs cus my rank is lower than theirs then the drop is bugged and there for the super trophys are bugged.

This patch gets a definate move to the left on the shaft o meter

giga191
15-08-05, 15:25
Is the lag gonna be fixed?

Exioce
Suxx. That was the whole fun of an epic.

in fairness, for the one person who might have sought out a runner to kill, there were 99 others spamming trade till they got one.

[TgR]KILLER
a few good things.. at least some of the bugs like boxes being chairs and stuff like that are fixed..

navray things in the dome fixed.. another good one.. had a nib complain about not being able to find his noob mission thing.. navray sended him to i13 or so lolz

the e-mails finally being fixed. god that was most annoying ever..

still waiting on melee / netcode / mem leak fixes tho -_-

giga191
15-08-05, 15:28
KILLER']mem leak fixes -_-

I can't remember the last time I had problems with memory leakage:confused:

msdong
15-08-05, 15:29
...Gliders more expensive they cost 40k without barter already and they blow when they hit a bush ffs...

the biggest problem on gliders are bad syncs and not the nuke on objekts.
yes its bad when u hit a bush and loose half of you health but usually u can land them real hard.

Vehicles now wait for passengers to be respawned on client-side, then continue with the previous position, direction and velocity.

ill guess that fix the problems ^^

Brammers
15-08-05, 15:34
I can't remember the last time I had problems with memory leakage:confused:

Just goto CRP, and wait for Bugs and Co to turn up on one of their raids...

RogerRamjet
15-08-05, 15:38
Can runners still be killed for epics?

Tratos
15-08-05, 15:43
erm, shouldnt these have also been posted in the french forum? since you know, KK look after that part of the community aswell now?

Comie
15-08-05, 15:47

this some kind of cruel joke? more expensive bugged gliders?? looks like the cron and doy airforce will be looking for terror raptors as their new modes of transport.

Argent
15-08-05, 15:51
Looks like very nice patch, yeah. Especially like the following change :
- Worldchange - Vehicles now wait for passengers to be respawned on client-side, then continue with the previous position, direction and velocity.

Also, the change in PvP kills in epics is good, if I understood the patch notes right.

Selendor
15-08-05, 16:03
- No news on netcode :mad: Unless you've done a stealth change again?

- Gliders more expensive - What? Why? That was the complete opposite of what we were asking. I now don't expect anyone to lose one to a bug, I expect KK to compensate anyone who does. Your notes suggest you have fixed all of the vehicle problems, in which case I congratulate you... o_O

- Mails being restricted to one - Again with the plasters over the gaping wound...don't you think you should be considering the CAUSE of these emails rather than stopping the spam? You know...the fact that you don't log in properly, have empty inventory and zero stats, and only THEN do you get the starter emails? And that this is new to the logon server you are using for Neocron 2?

- NPCs can one-shot kill....again..why? Everyone is asking for DoY Bots in the North East to be restricted and removed, and you have made them stronger?

I'm sorry to be negative, but this game needs saving, and the best you can come up with is messing with chairs and tables, and fixing an inventory bug that no one cared about? The only saving grace is the vehicle fixes which, if correct, are a good step. But the rest is just fluff. The epic kill change? Who on earth asked for that? I don't remember seeing a single thread ever asking for it, but you've decided its high priority to change. Did the German community want it or something? o_O

Oh, and lets not forget the tendancies of your patches to only work for 80% of the things claimed.

msdong
15-08-05, 16:18
.... Did the German community want it or something? o_O

nope, thats new to everyone. but see it that way-who on earth did a real epic kill in the past ? 1% ? less? if they make it a real strong guy the epic is now harder to do them before. only bad thing on that is you dont have to tak eof your LE.
btw, that isnt a change a "real coder" need to do, because its all script stuff by the content guys.the world changes are done by GFX guys.

Nullvoid
15-08-05, 16:20
Excellent changes, more patches like this please!

Toxen
15-08-05, 16:21
Have they activated the patch yet cus my clients not patching yet i have the patch in the patch folder

aKe`cj
15-08-05, 16:23
Did the German community want it or something? o_O

Jes, its alwais zeh germans! for they are moste evil!

...apart from that being said, I'd recommend everyone to sit back, relax and have a look at things ingame. What I see here are a lot of assumptions and fears but no facts. As much as we all know that it never turns out that a patch works 100% as intended (actually most of us expect at least one fuckup per patch with good reason), it's also never happened that the patchnotes did reflect the changes being made a 100%. Have a look for modified files on the client and see the logs. Usually they change more than what they say. Therefor I'd suggest to keep calm until there is reason to start a rant. :)

P.S: concerning the NC is shafted post up there .. I think something else is severely shafted and its not on this side of the screen! :rolleyes:

Toxen
15-08-05, 16:23
Oh looks like its been hotfixed already theres a second patch going in

Toxen
15-08-05, 16:24

...apart from that being said, I'd recommend everyone to sit back, relax and have a look at things ingame. What I see here are a lot of assumptions and fears but no facts. As much as we all know that it never turns out that a patch works 100% as intended (actually most of us expect at least one fuckup per patch with good reason), it's also never happened that the patchnotes did reflect the changes being made a 100%. Have a look for modified files on the client and see the logs. Usually they change more than what they say. Therefor I'd suggest to keep calm until there is reason to start a rant. :)

P.S: concerning the NC is shafted post up there .. I think something else is severely shafted and its not on this side of the screen! :rolleyes:

Your an employee of KK and you just insulted a customer. Think you should be sacked mate

CMaster
15-08-05, 16:25
Haha - so that patch didnt quite work. Nevermind. Whats the FTP again?
And why the hell should epic kills ahve been kept? Pretty much noone ever did them properly. S'pose that explains why I havent been able to get in yet.

Toxen
15-08-05, 16:26
ftp://ftp.neocron.com/nc2retail/

Mr Kot
15-08-05, 16:28
- Increased the prices of glider vehicles.Lets just hope this reflects the confidence the devs have in gliders not blowing up / disappearing without reason anymore. Guess we still have to be careful of a mountain the other side of a zoneline, as well as the zone ceiling.

they blow when they hit a bush ffsWatch where you're going, then.

aKe`cj
15-08-05, 16:33
Your an employee of KK and you just insulted a customer. Think you should be sacked mate

I am an employee of KK? Thats new to me, where can I get my pay?
If I was I'd surely not talk like this on the forums and I'd do about everything but to bring in my personal opinion.
What I did was giving my opinion about the unfounded rants, and insults towards KK because its really getting on my nerves how EVERY slightest chance is being used to bitch, moan and rant about NC being shafted! If that sounded too harsh, I'm very confident that a mod will correct my foolish attempt to make a point in a foreign language... k, thx.

Logan Tyrus
15-08-05, 16:33
Good patch.
IMO fixing the little things like plants and what not is important - little mistakes like that look really unprofessional. Would be nice to fix the clipping on the character creation screens too :)

Tratos
15-08-05, 16:34
How'd you work that one out?

Also can we get some notes for 142? O_o

Bloom
15-08-05, 16:35
Nice patch.

Did it fix vehicle bug that dont allow you to change zone with vehicle?

Bloom.

CMaster
15-08-05, 16:38
Well, I#m in two minds about this patch. On one hand, it had everything - bug fixes, balance tweaks and new content. On the other hand, the new conent continues to seem one sided and the balance fixes seem wrong to me (some of them). We'll see.

Brammers
15-08-05, 16:46
I am an employee of KK? Thats new to me, where can I get my pay?
Goto http://votr.de.vu/ Right click and open in new window on one of the server links. You end up in http://voice.akedo.de/portal.php?vc=newsload&ncat=terra&lang=eng

View the public profile webaddress of aKe`cj folks it's http://www.akedo.de Maybe you are not a KK employee, but please no more bullshit on your relationship with KK.

If I was I'd surely not talk like this on the forums and I'd do about everything but to bring in my personal opinion.
What I did was giving my opinion about the unfounded rants, and insults towards KK because its really getting on my nerves how EVERY slightest chance is being used to bitch, moan and rant about NC being shafted! If that sounded too harsh, I'm very confident that a mod will correct my foolish attempt to make a point in a foreign language... k, thx.

If you actually read what people posted and replied politely instead of inviting flames to our original posts, you would get treated with a lot more respect.

Ok we know it wasn't the german community requesting it, just leave it at that.

Original monk
15-08-05, 16:46
the removal of 50 stamina on the gayaglove wasnt mentioned tough :( my monk has 95 stamina all of the sudden o.O

and where can we start the hurler mission ?

CMaster
15-08-05, 16:49
the removal of 50 stamina on the gayaglove wasnt mentioned tough :( my monk has 95 stamina all of the sudden o.O

and where can we start the hurler mission ?
SOme stories say that it is the tiki club mission.

Tratos
15-08-05, 16:51
Just logged in and something which has pleased me to no end are the new inventory functions. <3

Tostino
15-08-05, 16:55
All in all it looks like a very nice patch... The inventory bug was one of my least favorite (but also very easy to get around) little bugs that are still around, so glad to see that fixed. I hope the Veh fixes work as intended since they uped the price (I hope they only uped the price on the constructed gliders, beacuse if you recycled your old key it would only cost you about 4k with a barter).

giga191
15-08-05, 17:03
Vehicles are the sex. My reveler is faster, hovertec leaves a trail of smoke which looks kewl:cool:

Dr J Zoidberg
15-08-05, 17:07
anyone seen these yet?

http://www.doy-fa.co.uk/newitem.bmp

just found them in the gfx.pak... dont know if they are new or not.. but please tell me...

Selendor
15-08-05, 17:07

Thats not the meaning of my words, but I can see why you thought that if you are paranoid. I merely meant that, knowing the English forum quite well, no one had asked for such a change, so I wondered if the German Forum had asked for it. And its a positive change, especially for LE characters, just...not what I would have prioritised for a Neocron patch when we are about to hit the autumn downturn in numbers.

And to be honest, the two stage slowdown of client update rate (Neocron 2 launch / 1 month ago) is more important than anything in those notes. However I suspect they had done most of those changes before they started to look at the problem, so maybe the next patch will attempt to do something about it.

Dan Szeen
15-08-05, 17:09
Hitting info and then a faction (at the Citycom) from the list crashes me everytime now.

Anyone else get this?

Tratos
15-08-05, 17:13
anyone seen these yet?

http://www.doy-fa.co.uk/newitem.bmp

just found them in the gfx.pak... dont know if they are new or not.. but please tell me...

Been in the paks for ages iirc. one on the left was the old fusion or laser rifle i think

Dr J Zoidberg
15-08-05, 17:16
Been in the paks for ages iirc. one on the left was the old fusion or laser rifle i think

well, then they need to be implemented back intogame imo. possibly as a woc item or someting of the sorts.

giga191
15-08-05, 17:16
Did they change the netcode at all?

Disturbed21
15-08-05, 17:18
Doubt if its a bug but didn't see it listed on the patch notes -
Research Missions appear to require more faction sympathy now, for example; in order to take a TL150 res mission you have to have 90 fs.

But you still don't need any research to take or complete the mission. I thought this was going to be changed? Is it just not in yet or is the fs change there instead of needing the base research of the mission you are trying to run?

Dr J Zoidberg
15-08-05, 17:19
They:

"Condition-Bug fixed (shorter update-time)."
"Optimized some database queries (server-side only).

So sort of. but no...

Dirus
15-08-05, 17:23
Patch Note Additions: These should be updated on the main patchnotes at some point later on as well.

- Reduced FS/SL gains from Research & Construction missions, as well as adjusted FS needed to do the missions. (The skill restriction required, will be added at a later date. There was an issue with it that could not be resolved in time for this patch)

- Fixed, damage ratio check for PvP combat. Player's can now do upto 15% damage to another player without recieving a SL/FS hit. This should help with things like a single accidental hit against a teammate. Also, no more one punch then run to the guards exploiting. This may solve the LE'd runner's recieving the hit aswell.

Tratos
15-08-05, 17:27
Very nice fix on the 15% rule!

Dr J Zoidberg
15-08-05, 17:27
Yey thanks Dirus, those are two good things. I think that the missions should stay the way that they are now. It seems like a good fix.

Selendor
15-08-05, 17:30
Thats better news, the 15% check sounds especially good.

Dr J Zoidberg
15-08-05, 17:34
Well, that helps checking wepons, and the accidental shooting issue in PvP.

I like it. This is by far the best patch I have seen in a long time.

Tratos
15-08-05, 17:35
Is the Hurler King quest the Tiki quest?

Answering question myself: No its not it seems but the Tiki Tornadeo quest now works :)

giga191
15-08-05, 17:39
They should have the art department doing all the graphical bugs while everyone else fixes the netcode and all other pvp problems. PvP is why people play

Dr J Zoidberg
15-08-05, 17:39
Imo best place to find it. Unless it's in the wasties.

Come on Gm's give us a clue ^^.

EDIT: and good poing giga. the netcode is an essential atm.

Tratos
15-08-05, 17:41
They should have the art department doing all the graphical bugs while everyone else fixes the netcode and all other pvp problems. PvP is why people play

The Art Dep are redoing all the Wasteland vegetation i think.

msdong
15-08-05, 17:55
200k an Glider ????
yes they work better now but isnt that a little much ?
even if you recycle the old keys they are hell expencive.
120k would be ok i think.

Argent
15-08-05, 18:05
Yeah, the hurler mission starts in the area where patch notes says it will. I would comment further, but the damn Blood keep killing me. :p

Dirus
15-08-05, 18:16
One last (possible) patchnote Addtion.. and this may not even be included, as the guys at the office have already left so I can't confirm. It was however in a recent Test Server patch. There may still be an outstanding issue with it so if it's not included it should be along within the next couple patches, in which case take it as an "in development" item :p

- Fixed Health Bounce bug when taking damage. (The infamous Yo-Yo bug, most noticable with fall damage.)

Tratos
15-08-05, 18:17
:eek: :eek: :eek: E-gads, if this is in this patch is very very very nice :p

TimonX
15-08-05, 18:19
First thing I found was a bug. Citycom-->Info= runtime error has occured. Tested it 3 times, so I think it's a real bug :p Figures... with my luck the first thing I find in a good patch is a... bug :)

Morganth
15-08-05, 18:20
:eek: :eek: :eek: E-gads, if this is in this patch is very very very nice :p

Hopefully it fixes that weird bug where your primes run, but it shows you have [Full Health without Primes]/[Full Health with Primes]. That and the spiking of your health when stacked with fire/poison as I'm guessing the server deals the damage then works out how much is resisted, but updated them seperately client-side, causing them to spike. Would scare me on my PPU to see my health spike from 400ish to 200 and back, lol.

EDIT:

First thing I found was a bug. Citycom-->Info= runtime error has occured. Tested it 3 times, so I think it's a real bug :p Figures... with my luck the first thing I find in a good patch is a... bug :)

Send Dirus your Callstack.log and Error.log

Hellmag
15-08-05, 18:32
Thats not the meaning of my words, but I can see why you thought that if you are paranoid. I merely meant that, knowing the English forum quite well, no one had asked for such a change, so I wondered if the German Forum had asked for it. And its a positive change, especially for LE characters, just...not what I would have prioritised for a Neocron patch when we are about to hit the autumn downturn in numbers.

Well, i don't know what forums you read. But on theese english forums I have seen people moan about the difficulty of "finding people to kill, even more so of a specific faction" (not a direct quote). And they was referring to epic kills.

Also, regarding the shaftometer thingy. What about the
- Added more guards in the ViaRosso and Plaza Faction Headquarters near the Genereplicator units.
Sounds clearly like a rightymove to me? As it stops the safe-gr to thoose HQ's. I haven't been ingame to check it tho so I can't say how it looks.

ArthurDent2k
15-08-05, 18:35
Sooo...where are the new Epic-NPCs? Just doing BT Epic and the Mision still says Kill a Runner...no mention of an NPC. And flatlining a Runner doesn't do the Trick anymore,tried this already :(

Mechanicus
15-08-05, 18:51
hrhr get like 20 people then go around allied ganking so each person does less than 15% damage

Dribble Joy
15-08-05, 18:55
Lots of nice stuff and other things I can't really comment on.

Still dunno why direct GRing into enemy held GRs is allowed though....

Nidhogg
15-08-05, 18:58
Basically what you're starting to see here are the results of our renewed commitment to knocking off persistent quality issues that have been traditionally left standing in the past. Most of these bug fixes/balancing updates were made before the lag issue reared its head and have been in various states of test by both staff and volunteers in the last 2 to 3 weeks.

We're looking into the lag issue, there are other fixes to come, there's a general trend in "modernising" old content (e.g. updating all the wasteland vegetation, vehicle effects etc.) and we're adding new content. We've got a developer working full-time on bug fixing (FREs, syncs etc.) and we're all looking forward to some important advances in the overall feel of the game.

I think most of you will agree that there are some pretty major improvements in this patch, and there's more to come.

N

ArthurDent2k
15-08-05, 19:07
Nid? Do you know where I can find the new EpicKill-NPCs? *sniff* Poor me :(

Dr J Zoidberg
15-08-05, 19:07
Basically what you're starting to see here are the results of our renewed commitment to knocking off persistent quality issues that have been traditionally left standing in the past. Most of these bug fixes/balancing updates were made before the lag issue reared its head and have been in various states of test by both staff and volunteers in the last 2 to 3 weeks.

We're looking into the lag issue, there are other fixes to come, there's a general trend in "modernising" old content (e.g. updating all the wasteland vegetation, vehicle effects etc.) and we're adding new content. We've got a developer working full-time on bug fixing (FREs, syncs etc.) and we're all looking forward to some important advances in the overall feel of the game.

I think most of you will agree that there are some pretty major improvements in this patch, and there's more to come.

N

Thanks Nidhogg.. youv'e made me a v.happy customer :P

Dribble Joy
15-08-05, 19:09
I was going to suggest that people be given an option of kill an NPC or Player, but I relaised it would completely miss the point of the change.

Tratos
15-08-05, 19:11
Thanks Nidhogg.. youv'e made me a v.happy customer :P

Me aswell, i had noticed some of the "Old Skool" :p bugs had been getting knocked on the head recently its taken its time to happen but atleast it is happening and i think KK for that.

EDIT: Is there a requirement of /60 on the hurlerking mission?

Dribble Joy
15-08-05, 19:26
EDIT: Is there a requirement of /60 on the hurlerking mission?
The rumour mill suggests it is 55.

Tratos
15-08-05, 19:27
The rumour mill suggests it is 55.

Im /57 and dont seem to be able to start the mission :/

Original monk
15-08-05, 19:29
thanx for the arrow with distance in meter ya need to go, for the middlemousewheel use (a godsgift) and for the easy placement of items with the flashy inentory thingie :)

ps: the nerf of the glove isnt cool at all tough :/

edit: and the tiki quest is fun and im starting the hurlerquest atm

Dribble Joy
15-08-05, 19:40
Im /57 and dont seem to be able to start the mission :/
Base rank remember.

msdong
15-08-05, 19:40
thanx for the arrow with distance in meter ya need to go,...

but if you are not in the zone of the target it onlyshows the meters to the zoneline.

meter2zoneline would be a great addition for gliders HUD

btw, nice that you are able to chat now in a glider

Tratos
15-08-05, 19:48
Base rank remember.

Without PA, Imps etc?

Dribble Joy
15-08-05, 19:49
Indeed, the average of your base skills.

Full cap of any char is 60.

Dr J Zoidberg
15-08-05, 19:53
ps: the nerf of the glove isnt cool at all tough :/

Total gaya, but im still a satisfied customer....

EDIT: Ha, just noticed my own mis-intended pun :P

Reezo
15-08-05, 19:55
Where can i start the hurlerking run ? :confused:

imper1um
15-08-05, 19:56
The 90 FS req for TL150 missions is a big negative of this patch.

Toxen
15-08-05, 19:57
Good patch good patch on more indepth, review :P the shaft meter will be historically moving to the right for the first time.

Couple of things though,

The Hurler King Knuckles quest... not exactly much is it Stone, North Tower, TH, North Tower, Stone, Kill Hurler King, Stone, Mission over Compared to the xbow its frankly simple. And knuckles of all items why knucks why not a nice sword.

First one to spawn on server was a three slotter which was nice.

The new vechs positioning, if you jump off a moving vech, quad for instance it will appear to coast a good few meters even through solid objects like GR platforms. And when you try to get back on it it says cannot reach this object because the client is seeing the vech in the incorrect place as it stopped where u got off it but where it appears to be is actually too far away to let you get on it unless you relog you won't see this. This is gonna cause a crap load fun when people fall out of gliders.

bounty
15-08-05, 19:57

I don't know how KK can do this until the "crash and explode for no reason" bug is taken care of. Or the "flying at high altitude then zoning and being at the ground and exploding" bug too.

-FN-
15-08-05, 19:59
*tear*

KK got me a patch for my birthday - I'm touched! Time for me to scrutinize...

Vehicles:
- Worldchange - Vehicles now wait for passengers to be respawned on client-side, then continue with the previous position, direction and velocity.
- Effects added/changed (exhaust, wheel-dust, etc.).
- Speed values of all vehicles re-balanced (more power).
- Condition-Bug fixed (shorter update-time).
- Increased the prices of glider vehicles.I'll be testing out the glider extensively tonight. I still think the reqs are too high on the basic gliders. I'm not really sure I see why gliders, which previous to this patch blow up by themselves once spawned sometimes, is necessary... but we'll see. Carnage - has that fix where a vehicle hits a plant and loses massive HP been applied? You mentioned it before, but I don't recall it being in a patch note, might've just slipped by me tho... Oh, and sex at the Vehicle Effects - can't wait to see 'em :)

Bugfixes:
- Fixed Inventory issues (added Mouse wheel scrolling and item moving features, usually items could not be moved back to their original spot, this is fixed now).This is sexier than sex on a friggin stick.

Bugfixes:
- Modified code to prevent startup emails being sent multiple times.
If this means my skill advisor will stop "advising" me 15 times a day, I'm happy :)

Bugfixes:
- Fixed a bug that caused items with a PSI bonus to also give a stamina bonus.Heh, I was hoping nobody would ever catch that one :P

Bugfixes:
- Fixed damage ratio check for PvP combat. Players can now do up to 15% damage to another player without recieving a SL/FS hit. This should help with things like a single accidental hit against a teammate. This may solve the LE'd runners recieving the hit aswell.EXCELLENT - the random losses of SL/FS should be pretty much minimal now. This compounded with the invincible NPCs at OPs - time to go AoE happy again ;)

Gameworld:
- Added 3 Super Trophies.Nice overall world fixes - I've only ever seen the Marsh Hippo and Drom trophies tho - and I've killed hundreds of mobs rumored to have trophies - you guys sure the drop rate isn't like that old "Strange Book" drop rate? :P
Gameworld:
- Increased the model size of most mobs in the new player MC5.I'm half expected a Wee Crab to be the size of a Warbot now, lol - but I'm sure the noobs will appreciate it :)

Gameworld:
- Damage-Restriction (One-Shot-Kill-Protection) is now limited to characters controlled by players - this make npcs stronger as they can potentially one-shot players.One step closer to making PPUs an absolute necessity to level - oh wait, we're already there :lol:

Missions:
- Added "Call of the Hurlerking" Run.Just because the NPC's dialogue talks about a DoY team doesn't mean the NPC is in DoY - I'm trying to give KK some slack here - this NPC better be in the wastelands for ALL players to enjoy...

Missions:
- PvP kill targets have been adjusted to Faction NPC kills.Good and bad. If you were cursed with finding an Epic Kill in Tsunami or Protopharm, you'll be glad now. To encourage teamplay, the required NPC should be a 120/120 guard for that faction :) You wouldn't have to hunt a player, but you probably couldn't do it without the help of some friends! I just did the Protopharm Epic though and I enjoyed hunting and killing an FA runner - I'll miss that. That reminds me of a Bounty NPC Idea I had once...

Missions:
- Reduced FS/SL gains from Research & Construction missions, as well as adjusted FS needed to do the missions.
Too bad the skill reqs aren't in there yet, but this is a great step in the right direction! :)

Dr J Zoidberg
15-08-05, 20:11
Naah, i think it is fair...

EDIT: HAPPY BIRTHDAY -FN-

Pac hiuka
15-08-05, 20:15
The Hurler King Knuckles quest... not exactly much is it Stone, North Tower, TH, North Tower, Stone, Kill Hurler King, Stone, Mission over Compared to the xbow its frankly simple. And knuckles of all items why knucks why not a nice sword.

yes but where it begins ? :(

[TgR]KILLER
15-08-05, 20:18
The 90 FS req for TL150 missions is a big negative of this patch.

nah its good.. keeps people from gaining shitloads of sl and money from doing the missions over and over.. and keeps you from raising SL that way lol.

Tratos
15-08-05, 20:19
yes but where it begins ? :(

In the desert ;) go exploring.

Brammers
15-08-05, 20:21
Ok Gliders...

They have changed the formula's. 2 of them use part 10's now which is a dam expensive part to make. On average from chems it costs 10x more to build a glider. (Scout glider from chems cost 4k to make, and now costs 40k - maybe a bit less.)

[TgR]KILLER
15-08-05, 20:23
lol i wonder what they cost off the smuggler now.. but prices and margins both got cut to bits now.. as long as gliders still explode like mad i gues we gonna see fewer of them.. earlyer you could blow 10 without losing to much cash you gonna lose hunders of k's now.

Dribble Joy
15-08-05, 20:51
The Tiki quest is great.

Dr J Zoidberg
15-08-05, 20:55
What is the tiki quest?

Original monk
15-08-05, 21:03
the tiki quest is great and the hurlerquest is great :)

(tough not fun i have to swallow a staminabooster every so much lol, my monks suffer from the gayanerf but my lowtechpe suffers the most :/ lomtime)

Dribble Joy
15-08-05, 21:07
So can the hurler quest be done solo by a PE?

Original monk
15-08-05, 21:14
a ppu and a tank or apu come in handy, i dont think its easy to solo, these guys deal loads of damage O.O

the thingie i said about my pe was meant on the gayagloves stamina that got lost, i cleared it up a bit in above post, my spelling and grammer aint all that :)

Dr J Zoidberg
15-08-05, 21:19
what is the TiKi quest.
and what do you have to do
????

Dribble Joy
15-08-05, 21:24
Go find out.
It's really easy.

Argent
15-08-05, 21:27

Should be, could be tricky but, one just should keep moving a lot and bring lots of ammo.....

The reward is kinda nice too. Shame that I don't have tank at all.

How many lvl 100s are there?

Let's not spoil that....

Dribble Joy
15-08-05, 21:31
How many lvl 100s are there?

giga191
15-08-05, 21:42
KK seem to be getting...what's the word....better?

EDIT: Just a little request: when you find the cause of the lag could you patch it asap instead of waiting to finish other content

zii
15-08-05, 22:40
Citycom -> Info -> Biotech -> Connections :

RunTime error
C:/Program Files/neocron2/Client.exe

Citycom -> Info -> Black Dragon:

RunTime error
C:/Program Files/neocron2/Client.exe

Citycom -> Info -> <insert faction> -> History:

Fatel Runtim Error.

And so on when I access the Citycom information area.

Access to Email caused me to get kicked back to log in screen, but I don't know what this was related to. Unable to reproduce.

Dirus
15-08-05, 22:42
A note on the Hurler King run. His knuckles are a WoC item. But no, they don't have the parashock effect he does with his punches :p

Ok Gliders...

They have changed the formula's. 2 of them use part 10's now which is a dam expensive part to make. On average from chems it costs 10x more to build a glider. (Scout glider from chems cost 4k to make, and now costs 40k - maybe a bit less.)

Build list is automatic, when we change the price, the server changes the buildlist.

CMaster
15-08-05, 22:46
A note on the Hurler King run. His knuckles are a WoC item. But no, they don't have the parashock effect he does with his punches :p

He ddint para me with his knuckles. He just did 200 damageto a full buffed PPU. Learned to be careful of that punch.

Dirus
15-08-05, 22:49
He ddint para me with his knuckles. He just did 200 damageto a full buffed PPU. Learned to be careful of that punch.

He's supposed to have a 2second or so stun effect, nothing major. If he doesn't, I'm gonna have to kick his ass all over the desert.. stupid mobs.. I'll teach them to obey my orders..

Dr J Zoidberg
15-08-05, 22:52
stupid mobs.. I'll teach them to obey my orders..

Lol, Dirus you meanie... be freindly to the mean Hurler King. Remember kids, the Mean mobs are you're freinds, play nice. ^^

Dirus
15-08-05, 22:55
Lol, Dirus you meanie... be freindly to the mean Hurler King. Remember kids, the Mean mobs are you're freinds, play nice. ^^

You ain't seen nothing yet ;) soon.. the invasion..

CMaster
15-08-05, 22:57
OOOOOOHHH. Can I mae a request - please don't do anything next week. I'm on holiday :(. (well, holdiay is good. Missing something cool in NC wouldnt be)

Dr J Zoidberg
15-08-05, 23:18
You ain't seen nothing yet ;) soon.. the invasion..

*feels scared of GM invasion*

i've seen plenty of them since the start of beta 4 :P

Toxen
16-08-05, 00:13
its mutants I tell or TG or droms.... yuh the droms are gonna invade run for the HILLS.

Do think the glider cost going up a tad is a tad stupid especially with the insane reqs anyway your not likely to be a combat effective pilot are you. Propose that as the first point of discussion for reversal.

zii
16-08-05, 00:14
Pandore: F12 / Cyrow Yo's Selling Weapon Stuff : NPC is busy. Please try again later.

Xeno LARD
16-08-05, 00:25
a ppu and a tank or apu come in handy, i dont think its easy to solo, these guys deal loads of damage O.O

the thingie i said about my pe was meant on the gayagloves stamina that got lost, i cleared it up a bit in above post, my spelling and grammer aint all that :)
Grammar*

>_>

(Good patch).

Koshinn
16-08-05, 01:36
I think...

Add functionality to rokkwear so you can change colors like in NC1.

Add barber shops to change hair style like rokkwear changes clothes.

Add beauty salons and/or plastic surgeons (make it cost a lot) to change faces.

Add more models/textures for clothing and hair and faces.

Change the way click and drag works between inventory and processor/quickbelt/armor slots. Make it so if you click and drag an item from your inventory to a beltslot that has something there already, it exchanges the item from the one you're dragging to the one that was there. This would make it much easier to swap things like armor or spells or drugs.

Edit: An example... I have Hazard1 buff in my inventory and Melee1 buff in my quickbelt slot9. I click on Hazard1 and drag it to my quickbelt, hovering over slot9 and releasing the mouse button. Hazard1 goes into slot9 and Melee1 becomes stuck to my mouse. I move my mouse (without holding the button) to my inventory and click to drop the Melee1 there. Alternatively, instead of Melee1 becomming stuck to my mouse you could make Melee1 just drop into the inventory at the default location of top-left most space, but I like the other idea more as it lets you organize things easier.

Allow the GR list to be organized by adding buttons that move the selected GR up or down in the list. (Edit!! never mind this one, it's already there.)

Allow cabinets and goguardians to be organized like an inventory, although keep them holding items the way they do (not by size or weight, just that there's an item).

Dr Strange
16-08-05, 01:39

what. the. fuck.

eprodigy
16-08-05, 01:40
Change the way click and drag works between inventory and processor/quickbelt/armor slots. Make it so if you click and drag an item from your inventory to a beltslot that has something there already, it exchanges the item from the one you're dragging to the one that was there. This would make it much easier to swap things like armor or spells or drugs.

Allow the GR list to be organized by adding buttons that move the selected GR up or down in the list.

Allow cabinets and goguardians to be organized like an inventory, although keep them holding items the way they do (not by size or weight, just that there's an item).
like that idea

already can rearrange GR list now...

agree i always wanted that as well

Koshinn
16-08-05, 01:43
already can rearrange GR list now...

OMG WTF. When'd that happen? :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

Tratos
16-08-05, 01:49
OMG WTF. When'd that happen? :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

With NC2 :p lol

Koshinn
16-08-05, 01:54

Ah, I see what happened now. KK must've seen my idea, went back in time and added it to NC2! Tricky bastards! :angel:

Seven
16-08-05, 02:26

what. the. fuck.

..indeed...

Dr J Zoidberg
16-08-05, 03:07

Actually, Nc1 had it too....

but it got removed... (damned exploiters !!)

Brammers
16-08-05, 03:11

Tip, take a PPU. When you start the spawn bit, the boss flatlines you while before you come out of the dialog box.

He's supposed to have a 2second or so stun effect, nothing major. If he doesn't, I'm gonna have to kick his ass all over the desert.. stupid mobs.. I'll teach them to obey my orders..

I've already kicked the hurler king's ass, sorry beat you to it!

P.S. Whoever wrote the Tiki quest, great work for making me and Killer laugh a lot!

Asurmen Spec Op
16-08-05, 05:42
Solo it is, no ppu for assy tbh

Asurmen Spec Op
16-08-05, 07:15
Got it, Without a ppu
me and a RC pe, and a low lvl PC spy.

HAHAHAHAHA

msdong
16-08-05, 07:34
KILLER']...keeps people from gaining shitloads ... money from doing the missions ....

hmm, i dont see it that way. one hour caving give u more money them one hour of researching.

Roguelpl
16-08-05, 10:37
hi not sure if anyone has sead this or not..but i whent to the master hunter NPC thingy in Vea 3 and um he dont speek english..umm i cant understand a thing he seas..not sure if it is just me or what..but also my tank now has -10 SL witch he was up to like 35 or so SL..

just thought i would put this in..thanx for your time.

Morganth
16-08-05, 10:46
hi not sure if anyone has sead this or not..but i whent to the master hunter NPC thingy in Vea 3 and um he dont speek english..umm i cant understand a thing he seas..not sure if it is just me or what..but also my tank now has -10 SL witch he was up to like 35 or so SL..

just thought i would put this in..thanx for your time.

All of the Master Hunters haven't been taught English yet.

Argent
16-08-05, 12:10
From the fact thread :

I'm not in the office. I report what I know about. Swamprider was added to the spawns back when the Cyborgs were.

Could you elaborate which mob types actually are able to drop the garcasses, so we don't have to kill 1000 spiders just to find that out.

Brammers
16-08-05, 12:34
Ok comments on the two new quests and game world balance.

Tiki Quest - well unless pro-NC have their own version of the quest, with the same rewards. (Ie a load of unressed rares) Then once again Pro city has been shafted. This not game balance at all.

Hurler Quest - It's in the North East Desert wastelands, but there are DoY bots in the zone, so that favours Pro-DoY's in they don't have to worry about the bots shooting them. Not as bad as the Tiki quest balance wise, but it needs addressing.

Asurmen Spec Op
16-08-05, 12:37
There are no doy bots anywhere near the quest NPCs

edit:
OMG 1337 POSTS! W000000t

Brammers
16-08-05, 12:38
The changes to the Epics to remove PvP kills.

Does anything thing this is anything to do with the PvP server and maybe allowing LE's on the PvP server?

Asurmen Spec Op
16-08-05, 12:40
Why would LEs be allowd on a PVP server let the LEs go somewhere else

Brammers
16-08-05, 12:46
Why would LEs be allowd on a PVP server let the LEs go somewhere else

Thats my point, do you think KK are going to allow LE's on a PvP server with the epic changes? Keeping your LE means you can do all the epics on the PvP server, without ever needing to remove it.

And you know as well as I do, KK have not yet said LE's will be allowed or not on the PvP server.

Morganth
16-08-05, 12:46
The changes to the Epics to remove PvP kills.

Does anything thing this is anything to do with the PvP server and maybe allowing LE's on the PvP server?

I'd say it was more to do with the population. People that play mainly in the unpopulated times in NC would find it easier to kill an NPC than put off whatever they were doing previously to find someone of the right faction in order to finish their epic.

CMaster
16-08-05, 12:49
The DoY bots arent a major problem. I'd definatley like to see quests for Pussy Club and Club Veronique mind. Maybe the next WoC item run will be down in the southlands.

Toxen
16-08-05, 12:53
Unlikely from the pattern so far its been following the combat classes, sooo next I predict a PSI woc item, and it will probably involve crahn at some point oh yay.

Tratos
16-08-05, 12:57
The DoY bots arent a major problem. I'd definatley like to see quests for Pussy Club and Club Veronique mind. Maybe the next WoC item run will be down in the southlands.

Agreed.

Also some new music for the NC clubs would be nice, i dont recall hearing any on my last visit :/ Veronique and Pussy Club need some quests! also about clubs are there plans to re-open the twister?

Original monk
16-08-05, 13:15
i would still like to see a cave with crawling critters in the southlands as doy has 3 of em caves practically infront of there doors ... great xp btw and fun barreling crawling critters :)

i would like to see an equivalent of CRP hunting area but then for procity ... wich anticity could raid

but there are no decent levelingcaves for procity, the swampcaves are PFFFT, a barrel is still way more fun ya know ... ok there are more hilevel content caves now, juggernauts ... cereslabs ... nothing south but hey

still on any prochars when i need to level i sneak into catlock bay

now its better allready ... procity was really SHAFTED in NC1 ... most public genreps didnt even exist then and all OP's where locked and anti by default ... especially those free OP's northeast of the map where no procity comes anyways ... its way better allready but still ...