PDA

View Full Version : Nc1 models return?

Mr Friendly
15-08-05, 06:02
sup again. any word on when the nc1 models are gunn be reimplemented?

Transformer
15-08-05, 06:30
i believe they said that there's no chance of that happening in a prior thread. i'll try and find it.

/edit found it

I only see 65% actually. But anyway, you need to realise that we're not going to remove this feature. We could add new models and new textures but we're not going to go back to the way it used to be.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125663&page=2&pp=15&highlight=Models

Mr_Snow
15-08-05, 08:45
70% out of a 100 players prefer old hehehe

LiL T
15-08-05, 09:48
What is wrong with the new models ? o_O

msdong
15-08-05, 10:10
70% out of a 100 players prefer old hehehe

its 70% out of a 100 forumusers....

Dr Strange
15-08-05, 11:07

Honestly? Their "average"

Not in pixels and junk, but more along the lines of just overall look.

Compare NC1s, to NC2s. Sure there is a graphical jump between the two. But, the one thing they share in common is: limited combonation options.

You can only play this game a few weeks, maybe a month or two, and you'll have seen just about every character hair/face/shirt/pants combo there is for both sexes. (same for both games)

So in those terms, you then stop to consider "well if both are so similar overall in their number of being seen, why not use what is most wanted?" which is where it comes into play some people want the old models instead of the new.

personally when content making time comes up, the entire dev team should download City of Heroes 14 Day compleletly free-no credit card-sign up Trial. Sure the game itself, probably won't appeal to most people here or to the dev team. BUT, the one thing every other MMO can agree with is that CoH; has the best character creation options in terms of models, skins, coloring, you name it.

you could literally play that game, for the year+ it's been out, and never see the same guy twice. There are just so many combonizations. Even newer MMOS like WoW or MxO didn't offer much customization, hardly any..

RogerRamjet
15-08-05, 12:39
Add cloaks to monks, sunglasses to PEs. Its all good. :cool:

Asurmen Spec Op
15-08-05, 13:11
o_O werent you telling me how you hate how your charecter looks stonned?

Mechanicus
15-08-05, 15:03
the new models look great, apart from the bugged to hell PEs, fix the no chest bug and long lip bug please

System
15-08-05, 18:34
I wasn't for the new models back when they first came out but now its rubbed off on me, I say take the old models and put more detail into them and put them into the game.

Mechanicus
15-08-05, 18:44
or just put more customisation options for the new models inspired by the old models

Vryce
15-08-05, 19:44

NC1 fem PE's were hot!!! :p

Tostino
15-08-05, 20:02
I say re-doing all the models is a good idea. First of all you could make the models look more... well Neocron-ish. And more models are aloways good (we onlt have like 2-3 now for each class....

Transformer
15-08-05, 20:24
give monks capes, PE's cool glasses, tanks more muscle, and i'd be happy. i think spy's are fine as they are now and i acautally think they were done pretty good.

Xeno LARD
15-08-05, 22:12
Add cloaks to monks, sunglasses to PEs. Its all good. :cool:

Sounds about right, baby.

Mr Friendly
16-08-05, 05:11
honestly to tell the truth i just loved how all the old models looked, & blended with the nc world gfx so well. ANd that they just remind me of the good ol days of early nc1 of me so excited the day i upgraded from holy lightning bolt to energy halo & pingin ppl in p2 aggies with mayhemmike *kicks self*!! =D & the mass teams of noobs at pp1 sewer lol *sigh*

for me if i wanted to play a game to just own ppl & PK etc, i wouldnt PAY to play it. If i PAY monthly for an mmo (neocron) i want my char to look cool, not like some star trek overgrown bald new born baby O.o i loved how with my monk i could change between what was it, about 60ish diff wardrobes, AND change to whatever color i wanted. So for a PK/fear spree in MB id go color my clothes black or purple etc. then back to aqua or green for everyday stuff. the char's just look too original, like someone earlier in here said. the nc1 models were just plain l337. no matter how u look at it. i wouldnt be suprised if part of the memory leak issue had to do with the new char models @_@ i mean honestly, the day i saw the first nc2 screenshots of a GM on a char, i seriously thought they were fake cuz i could have sworn that looked like a LEGO toy model @_@ i mean seriously, if i wanted to play a game to "frag" ppl with a crap ass char model, id play an FPS. If i ever return, it'll be if i get to use my nc1 char model

maybe its about time the GMs do what WE want. the pop of this game is going nowhere but down slowly. but eh, the game's fun, the best mmo out cuz of the PvP style & PK system. etc. but....doesnt mean im gunna reactivate cuz of that ;)

numb
16-08-05, 13:47
I dont mind the current models. I think many NPCs still run on the NC1 models though? I hate that stupid lip bug on PEs and it would be really good to be able to customise colours at least.

Judge
17-08-05, 15:32
give monks capes, PE's cool glasses, tanks more muscle, and i'd be happy. i think spy's are fine as they are now and i acautally think they were done pretty good.

Cha-Ching!

Yeah, completely. The only models that I really dislike are the monks ones, they just look so... meh. However, yes the tanks could do with a bit more bulk to make them look like the genetically enhanced behemoths that they are, and sunglasses on PEs would look cool.

The PE models are pretty good tbh, the female PEs are probably just as hot as the old female PEs, and look better. Just a shame that there isn't enough ability to customise your character. :(

Mechanicus
17-08-05, 16:12
i think tanks are pretty good, i thought they looked wimpy at first but it grew on me a lot, only models i dont like are the male monks, i think female monks look good

Mr Friendly
17-08-05, 20:04
Cha-Ching!

Yeah, completely. The only models that I really dislike are the monks ones, they just look so... meh. However, yes the tanks could do with a bit more bulk to make them look like the genetically enhanced behemoths that they are, and sunglasses on PEs would look cool.

The PE models are pretty good tbh, the female PEs are probably just as hot as the old female PEs, and look better. Just a shame that there isn't enough ability to customise your character. :(

meh?? thats it?? they're like fruity wannabe "actual" monks @_@ kinda the reason im not wantin to reactivate & force my nc1 hyb to look like that >_<

also along with models, imho, the monk PAs need to be brightened, with my contrast not lowered, i can barely tell the diff between 2 monks not far from me at all cuz they're both so dark =/

MrTrip
18-08-05, 07:28
I love the female monks :D

What I really hate, is the tanks, I cant tell if its a tank or PE...they are just to skinny...my tank was big and bulky and sexy on Neocron 1....now I'm ashamed to take off my power armor :(

Rabiator
18-08-05, 23:02
I wasn't for the new models back when they first came out but now its rubbed off on me, I say take the old models and put more detail into them and put them into the game.
Second that, but make them an option in char generation. So the player can choose between the new and the brushed-up old models. :cool:

Mr Friendly
18-08-05, 23:24
I love the female monks :D

What I really hate, is the tanks, I cant tell if its a tank or PE...they are just to skinny...my tank was big and bulky and sexy on Neocron 1....now I'm ashamed to take off my power armor :(

ah ye very true, couldnt tell which from which when i tried the nc2 beta, still couldnt except for the mohawk tanks in retail :)

Matthew.v.smith
19-08-05, 02:34
I miss the old Neocron 1 Models too :(
To be honest the new Models look cool too but there are less choices in Clothes and the Tank models dont do anything for me.
I liked the old Nc1 Spy's with their nice button-over Leather Jackets and Leather Pants, the new one's are kinda Skinny and lack the more "smart" clothes, except for 2 different kinds of suits.
I liked the old Pe's with their kinda scruffy, street style clothes, Leather Jacket with loads of zips and stuff and just their general punky look, the new Pe's have a kinda "average" look to them with just a small selection of clothes and non rebelious styles.
Old tank's looked all buffed up and ready for a fight, the new one's pull this off but somehow there's something not quite right about em.
Monks I cant comment on, since I dont have one, but the Stoned face of one of them makes me laugh :p

M.