PDA

View Full Version : Replacement RPOS

-FN-
12-08-05, 21:18
Man, that's a pretty sight *tear* I didn't miss the old, clean RPOS until I saw it in an old folder on my PC... Any word on the upcoming replacement RPOS? the NL Pro Hud would be perfect ;)

Riddle
12-08-05, 21:39
I miss that de cluttered look!

The new RPOS is so annoying always shifting windows, depending on what i'm doing.

Hopefully there will be some upcoming options in fact don't see why they can't organise a competition to design a new one with the winning entry being put in game :)

-FN-
12-08-05, 22:05
The Drone HUD is a fine product of Community input - I agree and don't see why the same couldn't happen here :(

LiL T
12-08-05, 22:15
We should have the old one but with resizable windows and non of this glued/fixed in one place shit. You can't even orgainise the windows correctly with out the chatbox or some other crap getting in the way, plus the F**king start button :mad: on the processor window is too small. It drives me nuts when trying to get that very much important 3 slot shelter with 50 BP's to drag around and that button has got to be BIGGER !

Dribble Joy
12-08-05, 22:19
I actually like the new one, but choice is good.

LiL T
12-08-05, 22:22
I actually like the new one, but choice is good.

It looks nice but it does not function..

Function over form !

Dribble Joy
12-08-05, 22:29
For my needs it functions fine, but I can see how it might not for others, hence a preference for choice.

Argent
12-08-05, 22:38
Function over form !

Especially on a fucking USER INTERFACE.

God damn it, give us optional UIs now!

fschepper
12-08-05, 22:43
Function over form !
"Form follows function" is the correct expression used in architecture... ;)

Freaky Fryd
12-08-05, 22:44
Yes to less clutter and less invisible edges!

Riddle
12-08-05, 22:58
a few select options would probably please 99% of the community.

The original one
The new one
a de-cluttered one
and a sexy one for asurmen and bugs :cool:

Morganth
12-08-05, 23:45
Yeah, I'm for an uncluttered, non-frilly one (and I know there is one kicking about somewhere amongst the community, along with plenty of illegal custom crosshairs).

[TgR]KILLER
12-08-05, 23:46
yea i do like the old one to. exp some windows like the armor window have just to much extra stuff hanging on the sides gfx wise lol can't ever make them fit good.. tho playing on the ress i play now i can fit most windows without overlapping.. that is f2 f1 f5 f4 and f9 are open most of the time.. f7 fits between them without overlapping and f10 goes over the f9 one.. the others i rarely use.

biggist prob for me.. if you frigging crash every so many times the fucking rpos resets.. like the whole ini.. all screens put ontop of eachother all base channels open all boxes /cabs / gogo screens fucked up to the corner.. sigh hate when that happends.

Tratos
12-08-05, 23:52
Yes a new RPOS would be nice, im odd whe it comes to UIs and spend ages lining everything up and having things the right size etc while still being able to carry out lots of tasks with all windows open but still see the streets.

Last news was that KK didnt feel it was ready to be released or something to that effect wasnt it?

Selendor
13-08-05, 00:57
I miss it too, but they won't go back to it anytime soon. If it is on the list of KK tasks, its a very long way down.

I remember spotting the new rpos in the earliest NC2 trailer...it was hate at first sight :angel:

I believe the last time there was a push for this they said it was functionally different, hence hard (for them) to make work...

Freaky Fryd
13-08-05, 09:20
KILLER']biggist prob for me.. if you frigging crash every so many times the fucking rpos resets.. like the whole ini.. all screens put ontop of eachother all base channels open all boxes /cabs / gogo screens fucked up to the corner.. sigh hate when that happends.

I keep a copy of my rpos.ini that I use to overwrite the messed up one when it
happens. Or just set things how you want it and mark it as read-only.

msdong
13-08-05, 11:02
one of the bad things is that u cant take the health out of view. for tradeskillin' it kind of useless and takes space.
on 1024+ it isnt that bad.

if i see the (illegal)rpos mod of the guy in the german forum i dont see the big difference. its not that the new RPOS blocks sight to anything. you can klick them away and make it a lot transparent.