PDA

View Full Version : Council Nomination/Voting English Section

Toxen
12-08-05, 16:05
Okey dokey im taking the bull by the horns from what I can see theres support behind the idea if a little skeptical but Nid's backed the idea so here goes and just pm me if you want me to clarify something rather than cluttering the thread. For any mods reading the thread if you could assist by removing any posts that don't related to either nominations or a post directly concerned with the council.

Ok im look at a council in the region of 24 members, 12 from the english(international) Community, and 12 from the German community. This number is not a definate set at the moment the size may seem unruly and may be duely scaled back. It may be changed if nominations do not fill the required quota numbers may be changed to more actually reflect the community makeup.
If there is an unusualy large number of one clans specific members been highly nominated they may be excluded.

Nomination/Voting goes as follows: Any one person can nominate upto 3 people. You cannot nominate the same person twice or three times. You must provide a valid char name and/or fourm name that we can contact.

Nomination/Voting is open for 2 weeks from the date of post. At the end of the period the most highly nominated 12 will be skimmed off the list and listed as council members.

I will try and get this posted over on the German Community Talk forum later today but may not as one I havent learnt german and two tranlsator programs will most certainly loose some of the meaning If someone would like to do this form would be great just drop me a pm before you do.

Also nid I would really really appreciate it if you could make this a sticky for the next two weeks.

Toxen
12-08-05, 16:11
I nominate.
Cmaster
Bugs Gunny
-FN-

Dribble Joy
12-08-05, 18:45
//edit
nm.

a4nic8er
12-08-05, 18:59
I nominate.
Cmaster
Bugs Gunny
-FN-
I second those nominations

Cmaster
Bugs Gunny
-FN-

Tostino
12-08-05, 19:04
I second those nominations

Cmaster
Bugs Gunny
-FN-The only person I like from that list is -FN-

Jesterthegreat
12-08-05, 19:08
The only person I like from that list is -FN-

rather than choosing who you like (which is what happens with most votes anyway) choose someone who gets their point across well... or argues well.

thats the point in the council... to convince kk that we have an opinion and it matters.

RogerRamjet
12-08-05, 19:17
Id like to vote

Cmaster
-FN-
Bugs Gunny
Kid Kapow/Brainiac (wherever the hell he is).

Oh yeh, and ITAK-MAN :P

Tostino
12-08-05, 19:20
rather than choosing who you like (which is what happens with most votes anyway) choose someone who gets their point across well... or argues well.

thats the point in the council... to convince kk that we have an opinion and it matters.
I ment "like" in the way that I like alot of his ideas/veiws, and I don't like alot of Cmasters / Buggs' ideas (though some of Buggs' are good). I didn't mean that was who I personaly liked.

Jesterthegreat
12-08-05, 19:21
hopefully anyone obviously only arguing their own ideas will be off the council.

the ability to do it is more important than their personal opinion.

:edit: i dont care who is on the council... as long as it is someone who is neither strongly pro kk (who will disagree things are issues) or stronly anti kk (who will see the most complex issues such as FRE's [FRE is not a bug... it is the result of multiple bugs] as the priority fix)

while i agree some things people whine about arent issues... and FRE's are... i would prefer someone neutral in that respect.

Spermy
12-08-05, 19:28
Nominate :

Brammers

Although I can't really see what effect this will have on anything really.

FarSight
12-08-05, 19:39
Nominate :

Brammers

Although I can't really see what effect this will have on anything really.
Same here
Brammers

Tratos
12-08-05, 19:46
Brammers,
Cmaster,
-FN-,

Thats my vote.

CMaster
12-08-05, 19:51
-FN-
Selensil
Morganth

(trying to bring some regular op war people in)

Judge
12-08-05, 19:54
Brammers
-FN-
Dribble Joy

Tostino
12-08-05, 19:57
I forgot about Morg, but I will second that.
I think that 12 people for just the english side is a little too much tbh... That is almost half of the "regulars" in the forums. I say make it 6 people pr community.

Jesterthegreat
12-08-05, 20:03
i'd vote for morg.

Xylaz
12-08-05, 20:36
Brammers
Selensil
CMaster

Inchenzo
12-08-05, 20:40
i'd nominate Original Monk

Toxen
12-08-05, 20:55
Change of council make up:

On advice from Tratos, I'd just like to make people aware that the International section of the council will include the former french community as they are been merged with terra's international community. Thus to things are fully merged, Council setup will be as Follows 10 from German Community, 4 from French Community 10 from the remaining International community which includes europe and US.

And Jester is correct choose people that you want to represent your best intrests in the game and those that won't consecuatively push their own issues at the expense of those that they represent.

For those of you still wondering what this is about please read. http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=127455

Tostino
12-08-05, 20:58
Change of council make up:

On advice from Tratos, I'd just like to make people aware that the International section of the council will include the former french community as they are been merged with terra's international community. Thus to things are fully merged, Council setup will be as Follows 10 from German Community, 4 from French Community 10 from the remaining International community which includes europe and US.

And Jester is correct choose people that you want to represent your best intrests in the game and those that won't consecuatively push their own issues at the expense of those that they represent.

For those of you still wondering what this is about please read. http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=127455
I still think that is too many people for how many we have playing... Cut it in half and it will be fine, 2 french, 5 english, 5 german.

Toxen
12-08-05, 21:08
Will take that under advisement Tostino

Xylaz
12-08-05, 21:27
actually, add Tratos to my vote as well

Bugs Gunny
12-08-05, 21:59
Don't vote for me... I won't accept the position.
I don't have the time for it, nor do i believe it will change anything.

No more politics etc for me. I'm just here to enjoy the game for what it is and the time it lasts.

Dribble Joy
12-08-05, 22:07
I love the fact that after all my time on the forums, I am now generally considered a fringe radical.

Dargeshaad
12-08-05, 22:10
i'd vote for jester because he's evil....and i like evil people and what they stand for :p

Jesterthegreat
12-08-05, 22:28
i'd vote for jester because he's evil....and i like evil people and what they stand for :p

like i said in the other thread. i wouldnt accept even if i was voted in.

i argue for my own opinions. if they are backed by others then all the better... but i dont argue for others.

call me selfish if you like.

Glok
12-08-05, 22:49
Brammers (for RP sensibility)
Xylaz (for PvP sensibility)
-FN- (for creative sensibility)
DJ (for practical sensibility)

There are others I would nominate, but they are MIA. :/

Dribble Joy
12-08-05, 22:51
Brammers (for RP sensibility)
Xylaz (for PvP sensibility)
-FN- (for creative sensibility)
DJ (for practical sensibility)

Not a list I would agree with in it's entirety, not just because I'm in it either.
Thus showing another drawback of this plan.

Riddle
12-08-05, 22:56
Brammers
-FN-
selensil

All for my own reasons :p :wtf:

Morganth
12-08-05, 23:43
Brammers
-FN-
Dribble Joy

(Was shocked to see people nominate me :p , not that I am complaining, its a damn good idea [in general])

Toxen
13-08-05, 01:36
Council has been cut in half after dicussion with the others backing the idea.
For ease of management, 5 German 5 International 2 French.

Current running count for the top 5
-FN- 10
Brammers 8
Cmaster 5
Selensil 3
Morganth 3

Hellmag
13-08-05, 04:24
Brammer
Dribble Joy
Jorille (if she's still around)

FuzzyXeno
13-08-05, 04:33
I vote for morgantih, since he wants to keep para in game :D

Morganth
13-08-05, 05:19
I vote for morgantih, since he wants to keep para in game :D

Lies, all lies (except the vote :p)

XenivouS
13-08-05, 05:23
I vote for Morganth

sultana
13-08-05, 06:51
-FN-
Brammers
Morganth

(much as I may dislike Morganth atm, his ideas/points of view are sensible)

Morganth
13-08-05, 07:04
-FN-
Brammers
Morganth

(much as I may dislike Morganth atm, his ideas/points of view are sensible)

Just because I beat you on my PE :rolleyes: :p :lol:

sultana
13-08-05, 07:11
Just because I beat you on my PE :rolleyes: :p :lol:
It's not that I died, I always die.

Though I've already told you about this.

RogerRamjet
13-08-05, 14:25
I completely forgot Darkana, she's possibley the nicest person who plays NC.

I give her all my votes.

Philchow
13-08-05, 17:05
Jorille (if she's still around)

Not sure, though it'd have been a good candidate for the french community.

Edit: I've posted your initiative on the french forums: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=127529

Toxen
14-08-05, 11:02
*BUMP* Cmon people these are the people that will be representing your idea's

Forked
14-08-05, 13:59
Guess I'll say Morg, FN and Brammers. Don't really know of any other viable candidates.

No1male
14-08-05, 14:40
-FN- and brammers gets my nod.

Toxen
17-08-05, 16:50
Just over a week left guys

Original monk
17-08-05, 16:52
i'd nominate Inchenzo

Nidhogg
17-08-05, 16:54
No more bumping, please.

N

Morganth
17-08-05, 17:13
No more bumping, please.

N

Subtlety is a mods best friend :p

Its a shame not many people are taking a real interest in this :(

Richard Blade
17-08-05, 18:33
Brammers
Darkana
CMaster
Dribble Joy
Toxen - Not for the reasons most might think.

I lost track of how many we can vote for, but I would also have added BradSTL if he were still around.

Asurmen Spec Op
17-08-05, 18:54
DJ
Morganth
FN
Brammers

BloodLetting
17-08-05, 21:32
Cmaster
Toxin

And anyone else that can help me get the point across.

FIX TEH NETCODE

now for a couple of freindly rants

Damn I got owned last night and I did not even see the HL raining down on me. Looked at my health (half full or half empty depending on how you look at it) ran towards the GR then all the sudden insta dead and warp back to OP ramp? just to see couple nice freindly allied monks and a tank of course standing over meh..

I want to list names but .....serves no purpose everyone knows most these guys/ loosers anyway

The hard part is not knoing who to kill...With certain repsect and clan wishes I dont usually shoot first..But Im am wondering allied PKr? Should I shoot then bam a DB and IM off and running...A spy who does not take the first shot usually ends up lying down.
So now I stealth constaintly..I dont want to just start dropping people..Which has happened and they DM me going WTF....
I dont have enough time in my life to right down and memorize every green that I should kill or not. Thats what the red is for you know, ENEMY?

PS mantel can I borrow that Crahn glove again? Ill give it back again ;)

darkmage
20-08-05, 14:28
my vote is for Morganth

Kozmos
20-08-05, 16:26
Well, for general idea's and intelligence about most things, -FN-
as far as knowing the game, pvp and how the whole system works, Fenix, but hes forum banned (would he need forum access or communicate with council through vent or another forum, if so ill vote him) lol, so ill have to go for kid kapow, but hes MIA, so erm..... Selensil
Brammers for general idea's and intelligence about things aswell.

[VP]Orion
20-08-05, 18:22
Its a shame not many people are taking a real interest in this :(
The reason is probably coz not many people really think this council will make any difference at all. People always post their ideas and opinions on the forums, why would this be any different?

Edit: I reread the first post in this thread and couldnt really understand what the idea was behind the council even. Care to explain further?

Toxen
20-08-05, 18:38
Most ideas posted on the forums are not focused are not presented properly and usually lead to flames. The idea of the council is to represent these idea's of the community focus them into a comprehensive document without kk's influence, then presenting the final draft of the document to KK to provide them with a clear guide as to what the majority of the community wants. Rather than sporadic Idea's popping up and not been evaluated to their full impact before their implemented.

[VP]Orion
20-08-05, 20:46
Most ideas posted on the forums are not focused are not presented properly and usually lead to flames. The idea of the council is to represent these idea's of the community focus them into a comprehensive document without kk's influence, then presenting the final draft of the document to KK to provide them with a clear guide as to what the majority of the community wants. Rather than sporadic Idea's popping up and not been evaluated to their full impact before their implemented.
Hmm, as much as it pains me to agree with a Blood-member, its a nice idea. Everything that might help assuring that this game is steered on track is helpful.

Scanner Darkly
21-08-05, 20:20
Brammers
Darkana
Cmaster

Asatru
21-08-05, 23:32
my vote is for:

FN
Brammers

Toxen
26-08-05, 16:25
24 Hours left to vote guys then the english section of the council will be complete. I'll be totaling up at 12pm (GMT+1) tommorow.

her.
26-08-05, 18:25
well i came into this bitch late but I vote for morganth.....i like the way he argues....it can be on either side...hes not one sided

zii
26-08-05, 18:44
I suggest that you ask those who would like to be considered for the position to PM you, and then after a closing date publish a poll so that people can vote for the candidates. For the moment, you might be nominating those who don't want to be considered.

my willies worth; Zzz

Toxen
26-08-05, 18:46
Don't worry thats already been taken into consideration.

[TgR]KILLER
26-08-05, 19:14
lol another 7 day bump hehe

a well i dun think i voted dno for what eighter din't read but brammers / fn are good people trust them ;)

been voting for brammers on the political shit since i was a tiny lil killer ( or since when it got ingame i should say )