PDA

View Full Version : Getting beyond a Joke

Toxen
12-08-05, 11:21
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5231/shot00955xv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Look at the location look at the faction of targeted. If anyone from doy is still able to moan about city getting an upper hand anywhere I'll be amazed

[PiN]Fluffy
12-08-05, 12:23
You Forget of the few safe places we can go we cannot use ANY weapons in those zones.....

sultana
12-08-05, 12:41
Fluffy']You Forget of the few safe places we can go we cannot use ANY weapons in those zones.....
NC has just one gr they can use in DoY, that is the TS hq, where basically the second you move, yoy get shot at.

More then half the GR's in Neocron are unguarded.

Bugs Gunny
12-08-05, 12:52
I went raiding in the FA sector (got appy there) and i stealth into the FA hq, to find..... a kickass turret right across the zoneline...

Now where did i see a zoneline in a pro city hq where there's guards in line of sight???? Right......

I agree that running through the dome is not too hard if you have antishocks and don't get hit by more than two guards (they hit very very hard).
And that NC has too many parashocking copbots, but the whole open genrep and safezonesituation is a tad silly.

Tratos
12-08-05, 13:03
Didnt Dirus (:p) mention that CA and DRE would have some Anti-Anti-City runner measures added in the next patch?

LiL T
12-08-05, 13:03
FA sector has a GR with 2 gaurds, however theres a zoneline within feet of it a clickable zoneline into water clearing or what ever its calls. If you buff up and carry anti stun in belt you will make it to the zoneline I'm sure, I don't know if theres any ungaurded GR's in doy but if I see one I'll let people know :-) Any of the abandoned sectors got a GR in them ? I'm sure that place has no gaurds at all ..

Tratos
12-08-05, 13:15
FA sector has a GR with 2 gaurds, however theres a zoneline within feet of it a clickable zoneline into water clearing or what ever its calls. If you buff up and carry anti stun in belt you will make it to the zoneline I'm sure, I don't know if theres any ungaurded GR's in doy but if I see one I'll let people know :-) Any of the abandoned sectors got a GR in them ? I'm sure that place has no gaurds at all ..

No GRs in the [AB]andoned sectors, theres Gaurds in AB-Sec5 at the VoTR office, in AB-Sec 4 outside of Electric Vibes, in AB-Sec10 outside the Tiki Tornadeo dont think theres any in 10 but the gaurds for the clubs are right outside the clubs so easily avoidable the ones in 5 are right in one of the main paths through the zone ;)

FarSight
12-08-05, 13:16
BD epic app is a nice private gr in Doy ....

Bugs Gunny
12-08-05, 13:18
Yep, i have it on my two pes.... It's a great starting point to raid... However there's never anyone in the dome :-)

Asurmen Spec Op
12-08-05, 13:24
Meh atleast you guys can get a fight anywhere you damn well go

Bugs Gunny
12-08-05, 13:29
True. It takes about 4 minutes to find a place where we can kill doy runners.
I have however some kind of thing with Black Dragon. I roleplayed one a while ago, and i just love the faction and background.

If it weren't for all my buddies in BLOOD and the fact that pro city is still a bit outnumbered i'd be a hardcore black dragon thug roleplaying the drugdealer part.

Asurmen Spec Op
12-08-05, 13:31
True. It takes about 4 minutes to find a place where we can kill doy runners.
I have however some kind of thing with Black Dragon. I roleplayed one a while ago, and i just love the faction and background.

If it weren't for all my buddies in BLOOD and the fact that pro city is still a bit outnumbered i'd be a hardcore black dragon thug roleplaying the drugdealer part.
I tried to, but its simply impossible, no one on the server will get subtle hints to your location. They want you to come to a law zone to trade illegal fucking substances. Most people just make their drugs anyway, or just have an alt get em.

Trust me, as a BD, theres nothing to do. Im usually the only BD on, Ive gotten Dms from people wanting PA because Im the only BD logged on.

Even if your friends leave blood, dont waste your time BD.

Spermy
12-08-05, 13:44
I went raiding in the FA sector (got appy there) and i stealth into the FA hq, to find..... a kickass turret right across the zoneline...

Now where did i see a zoneline in a pro city hq where there's guards in line of sight???? Right......

I agree that running through the dome is not too hard if you have antishocks and don't get hit by more than two guards (they hit very very hard).
And that NC has too many parashocking copbots, but the whole open genrep and safezonesituation is a tad silly.

The FA turret was to stop zoneline whoring - Monkehs used to stand around in the HQ entrance buffing - in perfect safety, with no way of being ousted - so we got a turret put in :p

We didn't whine about it though :p Nobody listens - although rattling off an email or something might help.

sultana
12-08-05, 13:47
The FA turret was to stop zoneline whoring - Monkehs used to stand around in the HQ entrance buffing - in perfect safety, with no way of being ousted - so we got a turret put in :p

We didn't whine about it though :p Nobody listens - although rattling off an email or something might help.
:lol:

Now where are all our turrets on the nc zonelines?

Tratos
12-08-05, 13:48
:lol:

Now where are all our turrets on the nc zonelines?

Has anyone e-mailed the GMs for some to be placed?

Side Note Brain Fart: The NCPD should make a cool plasma turret which has the copbot colour scheme for gaurding some areas of the city such as zone lines, infact imo each faction should have a gaurd unit and a turret unit makes scence in RP terms as im sure to secure a stationary position a faction would rather have a beefy automatic turret then a gaurd they have to pay, replace during shift changes and who wont fire at enemies straight away ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
12-08-05, 13:54
Lupus(sorry but I cant remeber your name now) said they are being added in DRT and CA GRs, sit back and relax

Tratos
12-08-05, 13:58
Lupus(sorry but I cant remeber your name now) said they are being added in DRT and CA GRs, sit back and relax
Oh i know, ive already posted that in this thread :p

Didnt Dirus (:p) mention that CA and DRE would have some Anti-Anti-City runner measures added in the next patch?

Asurmen Spec Op
12-08-05, 13:58
Oh i know, ive already posted that in this thread :p
Well its quite obvious I cant read

Spermy
12-08-05, 14:11
Well its quite obvious I cant read

*Points, Laughs and falls over*

Asurmen Spec Op
12-08-05, 14:12
*Points, Laughs and falls over*
Its mean to point :(

Mystic-Crusader
12-08-05, 14:17
Don't make it harder to raid nc, make it easer to raid doy then u'll increase the pvp in both cities, not reduce it to only the odd raid and mostly mb/crp fights. :mad:

Bugs Gunny
12-08-05, 14:19
Yeah, i prefer all the DOY guards and the copbots be removed.
Make raiding a city easier.

Morganth
12-08-05, 15:06
Yeah, i prefer all the DOY guards and the copbots be removed.
Make raiding a city easier.

I'd be happy if they didn't para spam.

And anyway, its quite obvious that DoY has better protection because it learnt from the mistakes made by the CityAdmin when they lived there. I think DoY should be guarded by Crahn guards anyway, they deserve rulership over a city since they lost Neocron, plus they own anything that moves :lol:

Selendor
12-08-05, 15:07
Don't make it harder to raid nc, make it easer to raid doy then u'll increase the pvp in both cities, not reduce it to only the odd raid and mostly mb/crp fights. :mad:

Totally agree, although in the previous thread about this we were saying it should be impossible to genrep to places like CAHQ, but possible to get to the outzone/industrial (and the DoY equivalent) with ease for enemies.

Toxen
12-08-05, 15:29
If I rember rightly doy was sposed to have a secret access tunnel system aswell.. But i guess they never got around to bothering with anything but redoing TG canyon and the like.

Bugs Gunny
12-08-05, 15:33
Well, a lot of people claimed it was piss easy to get a guy inside the dome via the gates.

It depends. When you're lucky, you can make it. That means that nobody atrtacted the guards to fall down the elevators. Because when they are down there, and you take the elevator you are DEAD before you make it off to the first ledge.

Tratos
12-08-05, 15:44
Totally agree, although in the previous thread about this we were saying it should be impossible to genrep to places like CAHQ, but possible to get to the outzone/industrial (and the DoY equivalent) with ease for enemies.
Thats a problem, there isnt a DoY equivalent, with the dome only being 10 sectors and the way the Anti City factions have been organised within the Dome this leaves no options for a Pepper Park or an Industrial Area or an Outzone type area because its just too small even though the sectors seem to be quite a bit bigger themselves.

There are some zones in the dome which are in accesable as in the Official Neocron 2 Storyline it says only half of the dome is inhabitable so the Dome is infact 20 main sectors in size IF the enterances into those lost zones werent piled with wreckage (the blocked zone lines Outzone style can actualy be found in the Dome) and the Anti City factions decided to save the dome and salvage those sectors then we could have a Red Light district and a bit they saved but was populated with mutants and so was left to fall to bits such as the Outzone.

Hint hint KK ;)

Whats this colour like?

Philchow
12-08-05, 16:08
Whats this colour like?

Kinda hard to read :D

Toxen
12-08-05, 16:12
Kinda soothing

Argent
12-08-05, 16:25
Kinda "My post has absolutely no content so I'm begging attention with this colored text". Just like any other post fully colored.

Morganth
12-08-05, 16:26
Reminds me of the mold you get when you let fruit rot.

Riddle
12-08-05, 16:40
Factions should not be able to Genrep into Enemy faction HQ's full stop.

Put up some turrets to stop Zone whoring in DRE and CA.

Lets all PvP in PP3 and IND.

You wanna get deep into the city deal with the Copbots their easy enough :D

Tratos
12-08-05, 17:17
Now not trying different colours i'll just let the white continue to burn my eyes but the point still stands the Dome isnt big enough to be another Neocron with weaker points at its edges and stronger at its core due to its size and faction spread so i think we need to try and make a reasonable proposal to for the Dome security with possibly adding some underground zones if we can get KK to work with us as i agree that the dome should have weaker points and it should be very tricky to get to the main zones of the city just like it should be with Neocron; personaly i think the first step should be (like many others think) to disallow enemies to GR into "secured" genreps unless they use HackNet to get in, city raids should start outside and work inwards.

sanityislost
12-08-05, 17:44

They did? thats kinda shit....was a great place to take a break and chat between fights :lol:

SiL ..:..

LiL T
12-08-05, 22:32
I tried to, but its simply impossible, no one on the server will get subtle hints to your location. They want you to come to a law zone to trade illegal fucking substances. Most people just make their drugs anyway, or just have an alt get em.

Trust me, as a BD, theres nothing to do. Im usually the only BD on, Ive gotten Dms from people wanting PA because Im the only BD logged on.

Even if your friends leave blood, dont waste your time BD.

Tryed the same well kind of, I also tryed doing tradeskilling instead of PVP but no one wants a cst/resser, so now I just pk people. Sadly its about the only thing left for me too do, I won't do quests or NPC hunting for great ammounts of time, I want player interaction. Players shops ffs ...