PDA

View Full Version : Cricket - Who's been converted to the new sport to watch?

Brammers
11-08-05, 17:51
Well I'll admit, I didn't really follow Cricket until last weekend. After that nail biting thriller last weekend, it seems I'll be following the Cricket a bit now - anyone else joining me.

It's the 3rd test England Vs Australia. On the 1st day. England are bating in the 1st Innings, and the score is currently 275-2. Normally you expect England to be all out by now. :)

sanityislost
11-08-05, 18:32
Was flicking the channels and watched it for abit one question tho

WTF is it about lol O_o O_o :confused:

SiL ..:..

Dribble Joy
11-08-05, 18:51
Allways been a liker of cricket.

Was flicking the channels and watched it for abit one question tho

WTF is it about lol

You have two teams, each of 11 batters/fielders.

The object of the fielders is to get out all the batters (the batting side bat in pairs, so it's 10 people they must get out).
Getting someone out is called taking a wicket, the wicket being the three sticks with small sticks on top, behind the batter. You can either be caught out, have the wicket hit by the ball (in two instances, more later), or be caught LBW (leg before wicket).

LBW is when the ball would have hit the wicket, if the batter wasn't there (the batter isn't there according to the rules, only the bat).

If you hit the ball, you can choose to run to the other wicket (there are two, facing each other, one for each batter). if you make it, you get a run, the basic score of cricket.
There is a line in front of each wicket called the crease, you must reach this for a run to be scored, either with your body or your bat. If you run and the fielders get the ball and hit the wicket with it before you reach the crease, then you are out.

If the ball goes all the way to the boundry line you get 4 runs, if it goes over the boundry without touching the ground, you get 6.

There is 6 balls (bowled) per over, games can be a limited set of overs.

Spermy
11-08-05, 22:51
It's a disease - everyone i know is getting hooked!

It's a crazy fad I tell you! A FAD!

*crawls back underneath his rock*

*his very uncrickety rock*

sanityislost
11-08-05, 23:12
Oh right...ta DJ >_<

Judge
11-08-05, 23:19
Pfft... sport.

Competative sport is t3h suxx0rz.

Brammers
12-08-05, 13:17
Nah, watching Cricket or Football with your mates in the pub rocks!

423 for 6 - Thats looking good. I suspect England will declare soon.

Spermy
12-08-05, 13:37
Pfft... sport.

Competative sport is t3h suxx0rz.

Ah the cry of fat and can't be arsed kids everywhere :p

Hehe - grow a pair :p

Tratos
12-08-05, 13:46
Not a fan of most sports but i tend to just catch up on Cricket scores on the news, do sometimes watch the football at the pub over a few drinks while we have a couple games of darts, lol

I do however try and watch the golf when its on, Dad was a golf fan and played alot, im crap at it but do play golf on the xbox, lol and tend to watch it on telly.

Golf Roxxors!

Brammers
12-08-05, 14:58
Bah all out for 444 the last 4 wickets fell very quickly. Mind you it's a good score mind.

Now we need to bowl the Australians out before they get to 244. (If I understand the follow on rule.)

Brammers
15-08-05, 17:27
Aus 265-7 Target to win: 423

Comon England get those 3 wickets!!!

Judge
17-08-05, 15:53
Ah the cry of fat and can't be arsed kids everywhere :p

Hehe - grow a pair :p

Its not that I'm fat or cba, its just that I plain don't like almost all sports, and all competative sports. Parkour is the only sport that I really love.

Opar
17-08-05, 17:25
Parkour looks annoying. Damn those anti-social burtes running around our streets!

Judge
17-08-05, 18:07
Anti-Social burtes? Even if you meant brutes, brutes tend not to do very well at Parkour because of their weight and muscles that are used to punching and not moving fast and fuidly. And how is the sport anti-social, unless we were running around with guns shooting up the place, which we don't.

Parkour > *, sports wise.

Opar
18-08-05, 10:24
Anti-Social burtes? Even if you meant brutes, brutes tend not to do very well at Parkour because of their weight and muscles that are used to punching and not moving fast and fuidly. And how is the sport anti-social, unless we were running around with guns shooting up the place, which we don't.

Parkour > *, sports wise.

Well, running around the streets, jumping on railings! If I was 50 years older, I'd report you!

Brutes was the wrong word.

And I don't get how it's considered a sport. To me, Sport is competitive. I think Parkour is more like an art form. I think.