PDA

View Full Version : [Ceres Project] Team Extension

Chenoa
11-08-05, 09:20
Ceres Project - Team Extension

Due to a large number of requests we spent some thoughts on how to get the story & athmosphere across to the cities runners in a more efficient way.
There are the Govenors / Alliance Leaders, JobDealers and Reporters - all of which are representing the Alliance, thus including all the concerned factions. Recently we received numerous complaints about the lack of faction-based contacts. This is an issue we want to adress and hope to change with the introduction of Faction Assistants.

Faction Assistants (short: FA's - dont confuse this with the Fallen Angels) will work within their assigned faction - the focus is clearly on one single faction - and of course, in terms of the alliance and ceres-team / newssources (Neocronicle, VotR), they'll work closely together as well.

Scope of duties:
- Collect & provide factionnews
- Gather suggestions, ideas, requests within the faction and put them in action with assistance of the Ceres Project Team & EGMs (Events, Meetings, Medal Awardings...)
- Provide assistance to the Council when it comes to political issues/difficulties.
- Represent the Alliance in your Faction (keep the alliance up to date concerning the faction)

Sidenote: Those of you who have been with Neocron a little longer might spot some similarities to the old Faction Counsellors back in NC1. The Faction Assistants are a mix of both, Faction Councellors and the current Ceres Project RP-Chars - introduced to strengthen the individual factions and the alliance.

The minimum requirements (as usual):
- At least 4 month of Neocron experience
- Age 21+ years
- Good skills in English and German are a plus, but not a must-have requirement.
- RP

Detailed applications including char-name, account name, forum account reference and a note on the faction you apply for, can be sent to chenoa@reakktor.com

Dribble Joy
11-08-05, 09:45
What about those who were/still are FCAs?

Or is this something a bit more integral?

Application sent anyway.

Chenoa
11-08-05, 09:51
What about those who were/still are FCAs?

Or is this something a bit more integral?

Application sent anyway.

The FCs and FCAs were gone with NC1, with the start of NC2 there came the Ceres Project.

Dr Strange
11-08-05, 09:58
it may just be a noob thing, somewhat

but

change the thread title?

i thought this was going to be about tweaks to and/or more openings in the Ceres "dungeons" n stuff, for the high end hunting or WoC stuff

Nidhogg
11-08-05, 10:32
The title looks fine to me. If you're not aware of the Ceres project then maybe this thread will help.

N

Judge
11-08-05, 11:00
So are these people actually going to have an influence?

I would apply, but I'm sadly underage.

Bugs Gunny
11-08-05, 11:06
I quit politics a long time ago. But i'll be happy to shoot whoever that guy tells me to.

Xylaz
11-08-05, 11:40
[ edited ]

Brammers
11-08-05, 12:58
Since I am a member of the Dome Alliance Council, can I apply?

The FA job looks a little like the unwritten job specification of a Dome Alliance Council member. (Well to me anyway, others may not think so!)

Riddle
11-08-05, 13:05
I like this extension into roleplay as I was beginning to think is there any left....but lately its been on the up.

If runners could influence through these various conduits the game direction it would feel a lot more like an evolving world.

Yes I like PvP but sometimes I like to chill out with a bit of roleplay and take an interest in the faction issues ;)

so thumbs up from me :D but sadly not enough time to apply for this :(

CMaster
11-08-05, 19:58
I'd love to get involved with this. Damn KK age restrictions...
Seriosly, the ceres project sounds great, but I'm constantly excluded, grrr.

MrDomino
11-08-05, 22:25
Yes, what's with thte age 21 restriction? Why isn't 18 acceptable? No spam, just wondering.

Spermy
11-08-05, 22:42
Legal Adult age etc... that way if you fuck them over you can be held accountable... or something :p

I've not seen anything from ceres... Nowt at all, what EXACTLY have they done? apart from be announced and then loiter around by the water cooler?

Odin
11-08-05, 22:49
Yes, what's with thte age 21 restriction? Why isn't 18 acceptable? No spam, just wondering.

Due to past issues with GM's. The vast majority of GM's who have been problems were between 18 and 21. For moderators the age is still 18 (and there should be a notice in the next couple days for new mods)

Tratos
11-08-05, 22:57
Legal Adult age etc... that way if you fuck them over you can be held accountable... or something :p

I've not seen anything from ceres... Nowt at all, what EXACTLY have they done? apart from be announced and then loiter around by the water cooler?

You often see the new reporters knocking about and reporting at events and the DAC Leader and City Governer are usually at the head of events, leading their peoples etc.

Due to past issues with GM's. The vast majority of GM's who have been problems were between 18 and 21. For moderators the age is still 18 (and there should be a notice in the next couple days for new mods)

Getting French mods on board or new English ones aswell? (Out of interest, im not old enough anyway :p)

[TgR]KILLER
11-08-05, 23:08

that so ? err maybe it was looking for gm's last time then.. since i applied once for a mod job when i was 18 or 19 dropped out in the last 5 or whatever it was. and next time i wanted to apply everything got raised to 21..

next time you need gm's ( and from what i heard from gm's ingame that can't take long ) i gonna apply again :p gonna turn 21 monday so lol.. this job now aint nothing for me. as most know politics aint my thing i stay clear of it as much as i can lol.

Seezur001
12-08-05, 17:03
KILLER']...as most know politics aint my thing i stay clear of it as much as i can lol.

When you become a GM, you get more involved with the politics more than you did as a player. Dont like politics...don't become a GM. I am a GM/Dev for another online RPG called The 4th Coming, so I know all about GMs and politics.

Anyways. This has gotten off topic.

Jesterthegreat
12-08-05, 18:34
When you become a GM, you get more involved with the politics more than you did as a player. Dont like politics...don't become a GM. I am a GM/Dev for another online RPG called The 4th Coming, so I know all about GMs and politics.

Anyways. This has gotten off topic.

depends what he means by politics.

simple faction to faction politics should be known by all applying, however the intricate clan politics... who fights who for what reasons, who works together against who... arent needed anywhere near as much.

Dribble Joy
12-08-05, 18:43
Remember, as an RP character, you should in some ways be independant of the server politics, and represtent the storyline/factions as they are 'supposed' to be.

Jesterthegreat
12-08-05, 18:53
Remember, as an RP character, you should in some ways be independant of the server politics, and represtent the storyline/factions as they are 'supposed' to be.

which is why i say faction politics are important, but not clan politics :p

job dealers should give out faction / alliance based things... but clan leaders should be able to write events and submit them to try to get them happening. however this should be a seperate thing, not a jobdealer thing.

[TgR]KILLER
12-08-05, 18:59
afaik a gm doesn't handle the who kosses who and who attacks what faction thing.. as a faction rep you'll be in the middle of it.. as a gm who solves tickets / does events that goes less. afaik that is.

gming for 1 game aint gming for another game can't compare that tbh.

Jesterthegreat
12-08-05, 19:02
KILLER']afaik a gm doesn't handle the who kosses who and who attacks what faction thing.. as a faction rep you'll be in the middle of it.. as a gm who solves tickets / does events that goes less. afaik that is.

gming for 1 game aint gming for another game can't compare that tbh.

the post is about faction assistants, job dealers, goveners etc... not support GMs

its all RP / politics based.

Spermy
12-08-05, 20:01
You often see the new reporters knocking about and reporting at events and the DAC Leader and City Governer are usually at the head of events, leading their peoples etc.

How many events have we had recently?

How many have I been aware of without actually having to be told by someone other than a GM?

How many have taken place at a reasonable time? Like maybe not late at night GMT? - Some people have work in the morning! :p

Essentially my point is that your answer is only relevant to those lucky enough to be at an event :p the only one I've been aware of recently is the olympics - and that was at stupid o'clock at night.

Much Frownage.

But anyhow - a bigger team maybe means more reasonable event structuring?

[TgR]KILLER
12-08-05, 21:23
the post is about faction assistants, job dealers, goveners etc... not support GMs

its all RP / politics based.

last off topic post i make then.. that other guy was telling me i shouldn't be a gm at all because he was a gm / dev in another game.. i know what this post is about and i already said that THIS thing aint for me ;x

Coid
25-08-05, 15:19
how about less attention to the storyline and more attention to the game flaw's...?

Nidhogg
25-08-05, 17:54
how about less attention to the storyline and more attention to the game flaw's...?
Good idea. C++ training courses all round! ;)

N

imper1um
26-08-05, 03:17
Chenoa ftw, tbh.