PDA

View Full Version : The 50/80 Synch Bug

-FN-
10-08-05, 20:41
I've found somewhat of a work-around around the 50/80 Synch Bug on login.

I've been logging out right next to a zone entrance. A sewer, or Mr. Jones Mission entrance, or any kind of clickable zoneline. When I log in, if I have hte 50/80 bug, I turn and click on the zone entrance I've logged out next to and it synchs me into that zone, usually with no problems...

Just thought I'd pass that on.

Arien
10-08-05, 20:46
thats pretty good, thanks

Dribble Joy
10-08-05, 20:52
Rezoning is bound to fix it, it recalls the char data from the server. When you relog, your char is in the game world for another 10 secs, with the 50/80 bug, the 'zombie' char stays there for much longer, not being updated, meaning you keep relogging into it over and over.

High ping/up&downloading data will make it more likely that this bug occurs, form what I can tell, it's blatently a data/packet problem.

Mr Kot
10-08-05, 20:54
Good tip.. shame i beat ya to it :p

There was a discussion about this a couple of weeks ago and my advice was here. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1848062#post1848062)

-FN-
10-08-05, 21:16
Heh, sorry Mr K, I never saw that post.

Here's a good question for KK tho:

What is wrong with the login process that we cannot get our correct item/character stats applied on login? What is *right* with the zoning process that fixes it? All Internet status and UPD reliability aside, there is something obviously different in the code between those two events which do very similar actions...

Sakletare
10-08-05, 23:12
Heh, sorry Mr K, I never saw that post.

Here's a good question for KK tho:

What is wrong with the login process that we cannot get our correct item/character stats applied on login? What is *right* with the zoning process that fixes it? All Internet status and UPD reliability aside, there is something obviously different in the code between those two events which do very similar actions...
I was thinking the very same question and was just about to post it when i came up with a probable explanation. I'd say that when the client doesn't get any info from the server it uses the last known data it has stored, when logging in there is no stored data.
Might be right, might be wrong, but it sounds logical.

Spermy
10-08-05, 23:27
Like a Flush Character data switch or something? If so - why is our appearance saved? Maybe thats written clientside?

sultana
11-08-05, 08:27
I've noticed it around aswell, it's a pretty neat trick though, it's a shame it's not too convienient to log off next to a clickable zone.

And I'm sure all the clans who have oped already know about this :lol:

Riddle
11-08-05, 13:33
Yup top tip i tend to log just outside a Faction HQ ( Not DRE mind you! ) so i can zone into a safezone should there be a fatal or problem.

UnderLoK
11-08-05, 18:32
Unfortunately this solution only resolves the problem for me maybe 1/25 times if I'm lucky.

I just find it absolutely pathetic that we have to resort to these kind of half assed tactics just to play the game. This problem has existed for what, 3 months now? We haven't had so much as a minor hint as to what is the cause of the problem.

Normal game bugs and your random fatal are one thing, but having a large group of people that can't even login to the game w/o resorting to their own recipes of workarounds is just ridiculous.

I can't even begin to understand how this problem can continue to exist with out anyone from the staff taking 5 minutes to draw up a status update on the problem. How can a company run like this? It would be like having to reboot your PC 30 times to get into Windows and then when you call MS for help they brush you off.

You guys really need to get a handle on this problem. It is obvious to me that there are a few of us that do understand computers a/o networking and could assist with any kind of packet capturing, logging, debugging, etc on our end to see this through to a timely resolution.

You should already have some kind of test group of people that have reported this problem actively participating in this process.

Have I just been working in a vacuum for the past 9 years or isn't this how all of us resolve computer/networking issues at our place(s) of business?

I can't even put into words how poorly this problem has been handled. It's down right pathetic TBH.

Xeno LARD
11-08-05, 19:41
Yup top tip i tend to log just outside a Faction HQ ( Not DRE mind you! ) so i can zone into a safezone should there be a fatal or problem.
I'd rather never log out in a safezone at all. o_O

Riddle
11-08-05, 20:05
I'd rather never log out in a safezone at all. o_O
Only Done because I have experienced so many login errors, just hate it.

I log in and can't move so I die to a mob thats spawned close when i finally relog.

I log in and can't move or synch then log in dead with someone sexing my corpse.

Iy gets tiresome looking for pokes all the time.

UnderLoK
11-08-05, 20:29
Iy gets tiresome looking for pokes all the time.

That's assuming you have an actual GR list in the first place.. Half the time you end up killing the game (ctrl-alt-del) to relog because your only option is your apartment.... :o Or if your lucky, you GR to TH DEAD and have to relog some more... or is that "unlucky"? I'm not exactly sure. :lol: