PDA

View Full Version : What do you listen to while playing NC?

Asurmen Spec Op
10-08-05, 05:53
Title Says it all.
I listen to the following:
Ramstein
Pennywise
Mozart
Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack
Beethoven

sultana
10-08-05, 07:07
At the moment:

Radiohead - Paranoid Android
Brad Mehldau - Paranoid Android

I love the cover :)

Usually I just listen to the lastest album I got.
Interpol
Gorillaz
Cog
Trail of Dead
Maximo Park
etc.

Seraphin[69]
10-08-05, 07:32
When leveling :

Phone with some girls
TV shows (mostly malcolm in the middle, stargate)
Sometimes a film

Opwar :

Vent coms

It's rare for me to listen to music, but then it's mostly eurobeat/house/tekhouse

Terayon
10-08-05, 09:04
My playlist is up to 4000 now, but i have some bands i guess i listen to more then others for pvp.

Drowning pool, soad, and limp bizkit mostly.

Bugs Gunny
10-08-05, 09:14
Trance and Techno
Also Dream Theater, White zombie, Classical Baroque music etc...

Speedball
10-08-05, 09:17
hehe easy... no sound :p (but sometimes i take some music on my Mp3, mostly Dream theater, symphony X, in flames, evergrey etc...)

Original monk
10-08-05, 10:08
yeah some trance when im in the mood (not the things we have now rofl .. i mean real trance lol .. 5 to 10 years old now tough :/ ) otherwise some heavy raps :) you dont even wonna hear that lol ... no details, the rap i listen to isnt played on the radio :)

(and bugs i only listen to classical music when im alone :) i wake up every morning with classical music and sumtimes at night when i go to bed)

Xylaz
10-08-05, 10:11
you seriously got some wierd music here :lol:

my dying bride, katatonia, sundown, therion, tiamat, to die for, dreadful shadows, moonspell, samael, cradle of filth, anathema, sisters of mercy, fields of the nephilim, emperor etc.

i'm also listening to other things, like peter hammill, diamanda galas, nick cave, pink floyd, classical etc, but not when playing neocron :D

actually i dont play neocron anymore as c2p blocked my account but oh well...

Bugs Gunny
10-08-05, 10:11
There's a difference between waking up to vivaldi's four seasons and waking up to baroque :-)

Spermy
10-08-05, 10:36
Anything and everything, Heh, waaaay too much music to listen to just one kind all yer life :p

Faves are Trance (the old stuff! - Sierra/destiny - occasional tiesto... some van dyk)

And metal (Soilwork/Dry kill logic/Chimaira/shadows fall/the agony scene)

Brammers
10-08-05, 10:37
Usually the Trance channel on http://www.di.fm or some CD.

Morganth
10-08-05, 10:49
When I'm not on comms, I'll be listening to Rammstein, Rancid, The Transplants, The White Stripes, Marilyn Manson, Placebo, Gorillaz, Muse, Papa Roach, The Police, The Ramones, 311, The Vandals and Beck.

I usually listen to music when I'm watching PvP videos I've recorded, because it gives me ideas of what the backing sound track needs to be :)

Dribble Joy
10-08-05, 12:34
Anything that winamp throws at me. Mozart one second to Divine comedy, Queen to Half Man Half biscuit.

Bugs Gunny
10-08-05, 12:47
DJ.... It's listening to Queen that gets one killed in pvp :-)

sanityislost
10-08-05, 12:56
Mostly just listen to online radio, im too lazy to make a playlist
click (http://www.idobi.com/radio/iradio-128.pls)
thats the one i mostly listen to :D

SiL ..:..

[PiN]Fluffy
10-08-05, 12:58
When im playing Nc im either listening to Hardocre Techno Trance or some
Papa Roach
Underoath
Thursday
Saosin
Story of the year
Alexis on Fire
Drowning pool
Limp bizkit
Lil Jon
Lil Scrappy
etc.....

-Teh killa FluFFeh

Judge
10-08-05, 13:18
Children of Bodom
In Flames
Nightwish
American Head Charge
Lamb of God
Motorhead
Manowar
Trivium
Hammerfall
Dragonforce
Chimaria

W00t for the heavy metal. Pwnz0rs trance. :p

Vae Victis
10-08-05, 13:25
Trance and Techno
Also Dream Theater, White zombie, Classical Baroque music etc...Bugs.. seriously you listen to DT?
You happen to go to their concert in Rotterdam(n) last year? man that concert was g00000000000000000d.

I listen to
everything cept BS
(britney spears)

while lvling;
Qlimax6 2004 6 cds
Killswitch Engage
Rammstein
cKy
Lamb of God
POD
Jay-Z+Linkin Park
Antwan B (dutch :D)
Iron Savior
Papa Roach
The Offspring (best ever tbh)
System of a Down
errr and more trance/techno/hardstyle
Zany
Pavo
Promo
Dark-E
active8
Furax
Gepetto
Audiobullies
Technoboy
Phynn
Mike Heart

Coldplay
Xzibit
50 Cent
Metallica
Korn
Sonata Arctica
Roni Size - Dirty Beats
Simple Plan

that's about it, limited version though. Got about 30 gB of music.
Btw this is a repo.
There's been a thread like this by Spermy iirc.
Called Turn that shit down!.!.
still threads like these may always come back :)

Tratos
10-08-05, 13:26
Lets see, i dont normaly listen to other music while i play NC as i have ingame music on as its mint but this is what is generaly coming from my headphones when i am listening to some other muzak.

Stratovarious - Damn FANG Videos, lol
System Of A Down
Kaiser Chiefs
Tenacious D

Bugs Gunny
10-08-05, 13:50
Sometimes i'm forced to listen to my gf, clad in her hottest little outfit begging me to spank her.
That's when i log off voicecoms (i have forgotten this once) and tell the guys i have some housework to do.

Bugs.. seriously you listen to DT? I used to play lead guitar in a band that did "pull me under" at age 18-19. Been a metalfan since age 14, then once i started studying Jazz music i got into all kinds of music.

sultana
10-08-05, 13:56
Simple Plan
Please tell me your kidding 8|

And that, that is the worst joke I've ever heard :(

Spermy
10-08-05, 14:02

Shoot the bastard! Shoot him now!

HEATHEN!

*I spit on thy simple plan shite*

[TgR]KILLER
10-08-05, 14:05
atm have 3 cd's in my sterio

2 thunderdome / hardcore cd's
1 cd with rock / hardrock like Iced Earth, Stratovarius, Iron Savior etc ;x

Vae Victis
10-08-05, 14:09

what joke o.O

simple plan - shut up.. only OK song they have :)
try this:
children of bodom - needled 24/7 :D
or try
Deicide.. that aint music, that's just screaming and banging on the instruments as hard as you can.

cKy - Promiscuous Daughter :)
System of a Down - War boosts up adrenaline while PvPing

but hey crunchy.. you've got live music at your place.. that's the best music I've ever heard!

err Bugs.. Pull Me Under is the best song DT has made. <3 it.

Bugs Gunny
10-08-05, 14:11
One of my all time favorite songs is "Within You" from David bowie on the Labyrinth soundtrack.

Vae Victis
10-08-05, 14:23
Antwan B - Leipe Lonsdale Flavor :lol: (Dunno if you've heard it Bugs, if not download it :D)

In my car (fucking suzuki grand vitara) (jeep for the < IQ50 ppl) I've got, atm, hardstyle and trance/techno/dance.
starts with
Dark-E - One (Jump)
Deepack - The Prophecy (Qlimax2003 Anthem)
Furax - I love Orgus
Gepetto - Pinnochio
Tyggers - Hyster-ia
Italian Hardstyle - 03 Heat
Zany - Sky High
Tom Harding - Axel F
active8 - everlasting love2005
Mike Heart - Sexmachine
Phynn - Lucid
Darkraver - Take a moment of Silence
PSV - K-kampioenen (bwahaha)
Technoboy - Warmachine
Audiobullies - Bang Bang
Arome - Hands up!

Ends with:
Caliban - The Beloved and the Hatred
Heideroosjes - Damclub Hooligan

just a CD for the highway.. (not in that suzuki though, if I'm going on the highway I'm driving a Nissan Primera)
On the way to work I listen to 50cent :eek:

Original monk
10-08-05, 14:36
Antwan B - Leipe Lonsdale Flavor :lol: (Dunno if you've heard it Bugs, if not download it :D)

vae ... is this somekind of dis on ali b ? who made leipe mocro flavour ?

i like the dutch raps on itself tbh, THC, DHC, SBM, basie en lange ... to name a few, there funny lol

and bugs ... dont lemme hear 4 seasons LOL .. used in every answeringmachine in the world o.O

ow and drikie ! its always been sumting between those heavy metalers and clubmusic people hehe :)

im to old now but in my "naughty" days we always listend to the greatest trance in the coolest clubs around here (no kidding ... larocca, cafe d'anvers, atthevilla, illusion, fuze, lagoa .. maybe even a littlebit of zillion to name a few ... the music was immense ! ) :P tough this always went togheter with the insane use of euh ... things :P ... the real days are over tough ... from 1990 to 2000 where the topyears ... now its commercial dance hehe ... the real scene is deader then squeezed fly)

Tratos
10-08-05, 14:40
One of my all time favorite songs is "Within You" from David bowie on the Labyrinth soundtrack.

The Labyrinth is a mint film :lol:

Bugs Gunny
10-08-05, 14:42
What? you can't say drugs on the forums?
Hell i've pvped on drugs, i've fought wasted so bad that i had fuzzy vision. Those were my best moments :-)

And yeah, clubbing on drugs.... Before the cops had tests for it..... yeah baby.

But now i'm a responsible 30y old.... So kids... don't do it at home :-)

RogerRamjet
10-08-05, 14:58
Sparks. TBH.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp2/features/wallpaper/images/1024/sparks.jpg

Original monk
10-08-05, 14:59
.... Before the cops had tests for it....

nothing bad about cops lol ... they joined in on the party LOOOL

sultana
10-08-05, 15:10
but hey crunchy.. you've got live music at your place.. that's the best music I've ever heard.
Well, better then simple plan ;)

And you know it.

Vae Victis
10-08-05, 15:36
Well, better then simple plan ;)

And you know it.Yeah your sister is teh rox! karaoke woohoo!

Original monk:
Yeah it's a dis on ali b. Hardcore remix though. :D

for the dutch guys, try this one:
Luuk & Gijs - Bomen

2 stoned guys singing a song, while stoned, about trees.

I got a huge BBQ at my place tonight (parents are on holidays for 3 weeks and I'm home alone so basically we had a party everynight since they left. every desk is filled with empty beer cans/bottles, pretty funny sight)
anywayz I need music for the BBQ.. I was thinking about moving my PC downstairs, then aim the boxes towards the BBQ and turn up the volume as loud possible.. then listen to the music on my HDD.
if anyone has some good songs (don't matter what, rap, r&b, hiphop, rock, hardrock, metal, trance, hardstyle, techno.. whatever) then plz tell meeeeeee!
O....K..... ?

Original monk
10-08-05, 15:57
lol i really wonna get the bomen song, yust cant be bad :) im also curious about the alib-londsdale mix lol

im not that much of a hardcore fan but i visted numerous hardcore clubs here cause a few of my mates DJ'ed there (most famous clubs here being club hardcore, area 51 and Fauna) :) i came over to euh provide em with enjoyable goods :) i even remember helping out rotterdam terrorcorps with unpacking there little van lol ... i was standing outside club hardcore taking a much needed breath when these guys arrived in a hurry, they needed to unload there van with records and gear badly and i helped em out a bit, kind guys they seemed yeah, not like i ever heard there music before that but most people enjoyed there beats that evening :)

ffcourse from my youth i also know the ID&T CD's hehe :) for example thunderdome 7 cd 2 .. with the snake onfront ... one of the last songs ... HO HO HO its so cold ... i wish i had some: TURKY !!! bwoa who bwoa BAMBAM BAM BAM bambambam :P rofl :)

funny times lol

Original monk
10-08-05, 17:48
rofl, die boom ! die staat daar gewoon :P

LOL, bomen zijn relax TBH, free download pretty relax song :)

srryz for doublepost even !

Judge
10-08-05, 20:49
try this:
children of bodom - needled 24/7 :D
or try....

Needed 24/7 is a good song, but not their best imo. Some of the songs where they just go off on random fucking insane guitar solo's are amazing. Love Sixpounder as well, such a good song.

Jesterthegreat
10-08-05, 23:12
www.sameoldtrip.com

lots of good live music by bands i enjoy on there.

Spermy
10-08-05, 23:26
www.sameoldtrip.com

lots of good live music by bands i enjoy on there.

If I could connect... :(

Original monk
11-08-05, 08:53
down for me also =/

Tesee
11-08-05, 11:14
Cradle of filth
Rob zombie
Metallica
Accept
Fat Boy Slim
and others...

Vae Victis
11-08-05, 13:27
BBQ is over.. (we have loads of beer + meat left if anyone wants to come over 2morrow night..?)
we had to listen to a fucking hardstyle CD.. not that I didn't enjoy it but when you try to be with/and listen to a girl.. hardstyle isn't the right music.

now I need new music by friday for BBQ part 2.
anyone..? (concerning the situation, I'd prefer rap/r&b/hiphop and no hardcore/-style/hardrock/metal :))

Judge
11-08-05, 13:42
I fail to see how anyone could possibly prefer anything over Metal. Metal is the music of the gods.

Original monk
11-08-05, 14:41
music from the gods is ok aslong as it isnt played to loud and certainly not when the party is going on above my head when im trying to get some sleep when i should be out at 6.30 in the morning :D

ice, for youre BBQ i suggest songs from "postman" and maybe some bones,thugs and harmony .. maybe even slip some bob marly in between so everything gets a bit loose and chill ... not to loud so you can talk abit with the nice lady's thats gonna be there .. towards the night put on some slow music about when everyone yust had a bit to much of alcohol :angel:

E. Cryton
11-08-05, 15:05
puddle of mudd
korn
limp bizkit
nirvana
rob dougan
andrew w k

Jesterthegreat
11-08-05, 19:18
If I could connect... :(

site seems to have died... that sucks.

the cached version (http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:IhTlvgiWWbMJ:www.sameoldtrip.com/main.htm+sameoldtrip&hl=en) is still there... but of course none of the links to each band / artists pages work.

Xeno LARD
11-08-05, 19:35
site seems to have died... that sucks.

the cached version (http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:IhTlvgiWWbMJ:www.sameoldtrip.com/main.htm+sameoldtrip&hl=en) is still there... but of course none of the links to each band / artists pages work.
Nice collection there.

Try out Death from above 1979, you might like em. The album's called "You're a woman, i'm a machine" :lol:

My album of this year so far. listening to nothing atm.

Judge
11-08-05, 19:37
music from the gods is ok aslong as it isnt played to loud and certainly not when the party is going on above my head when im trying to get some sleep when i should be out at 6.30 in the morning :D

You can't play Metal quietly though... its like a law or something. It has to be played as loud as possible.

Jesterthegreat
11-08-05, 19:41
lets see... music on my PC atm...

6 Beastie Boys albums
2 Bloodhound gang albums
1 Brant Bjork album
1 Clutch album
1 Disturbed album
1 Dream Theatre album
2 Eagles of Death Metal albums (one live set)
3 Gorillaz albums
1 Kyuss album (live set)
1 Nick Oliveri album (live set)
4 Queens of the Stoneage albums
1 Sikth album
1 Soundgardon album (live set)
7 Turbonegro albums

all live sets were from sameoldtrip.

LTA
11-08-05, 20:49
now I need new music by friday for BBQ part 2.
anyone..? (concerning the situation, I'd prefer rap/r&b/hiphop and no hardcore/-style/hardrock/metal :))

I got loads of that music if u want some most of it is mp3pro so letme know n i'll make some zips or something

Superbron
11-08-05, 21:19
Pink Floyd

Vae Victis
11-08-05, 21:34
I fail to see how anyone could possibly prefer anything over Metal. Metal is the music of the gods.Well, I said in my situation.. aka in female company that don't listen to metal.. then I prefer something else over metal :p

ice, for youre BBQ i suggest songs from "postman" and maybe some bones,thugs and harmony .. maybe even slip some bob marly in between so everything gets a bit loose and chill ... not to loud so you can talk abit with the nice lady's thats gonna be there .. towards the night put on some slow music about when everyone yust had a bit to much of alcohol :angel:hrhr, tbh

I got loads of that music if u want some most of it is mp3pro so letme know n i'll make some zips or somethingcool, I'd love some! :D
I'll give ya a PM with my msn adres, unless you can host it somewhere.
Dunno how many adresses you can store in msn, I think I've got around 143ish.. have to delete some soon I guess.
would be cool :)

LTA
11-08-05, 22:22
i'll make some zips up then and i'll see if can host them somewhere for a short while
Metal isnt the music of the gods... well not for me anyway my type of music puts gods to shame ;)

Spermy
11-08-05, 22:39
i'll make some zips up then and i'll see if can host them somewhere for a short while
Metal isnt the music of the gods... well not for me anyway my type of music puts gods to shame ;)

OH MY GAWD!

Nsync fan!

KILLIT! KILLIT!

Judge
11-08-05, 23:17
Ewww....

Although that does remind me of the Nsync sketch in Family Guy.

"Hey, do you want to split a Toblerone?"
"Oh I think I do. Wooo woo, next stop my thighs."

So fucking funny.

Vae Victis
12-08-05, 00:30
I listen to everything but when I'm in the car I prefer rock, unless there's someone with me in it, then we normally put on a tance/techno/hardstyle cd.
unless it's my lil brother, he wants rap music (jay-z or something)

Cliffraiser
12-08-05, 02:21
Frans Bauer

Vae Victis
12-08-05, 02:56
Frans Bauerlal pwnd :D
en hier komt 1 van mijn favorieten.. la la la la la la
(reclame met die neger :D)

Arien
12-08-05, 03:24
crazy jazz ftw

Terayon
12-08-05, 03:39
crazy jazz ftw

Only crazy jazz i know of is on my cowboy bebop soundtrack. Can you list a few good bands?

Jesterthegreat
12-08-05, 08:27
Only crazy jazz i know of is on my cowboy bebop soundtrack. Can you list a few good bands?

going by his forum title i would say "no... no he cannot"

LTA
12-08-05, 08:45
OH MY GAWD!

Nsync fan!

KILLIT! KILLIT!

Man if u was sat next me that kinda comment would get you a reflex smack to the jaw, suggesting such things lol *puts nsync cd away*
Nah even i prefer metal over that shite and lets say i aint a major metal fan to say the least ;)

Vae accept my msn add request zipped 47 songs for now i'll see what else can do when i come around a bit am fkin bolloxed

when i run about i tend to be on some dnb trip or listenin to some baseline house or niche as its becoming known as, nice hard beat for killing! :p

LiL T
12-08-05, 12:56
Techno

Original monk
12-08-05, 13:09
yeah i also like NSYNC !

(when they are all tied up bound with chains behind a truck riding 130 km/hours on a road full with glass and rusty nails)

Vae Victis
12-08-05, 13:15
hey at least Justin Timberlake makes good soundtracks for neocron..
"whine me a river" is his best. :D

Asurmen Spec Op
12-08-05, 13:26
hey at least Justin Timberlake makes good soundtracks for neocron..
"whine me a river" is his best. :D
You heretic

Dribble Joy
12-08-05, 14:20
Jethro Tull.

Bugs Gunny
12-08-05, 14:21
DJ,.... how old are you?

Dribble Joy
12-08-05, 14:25
23 in about 2 weeks.

Psycho_byte
12-08-05, 15:46
machinae supremacy - anthem apocalyptica, is an awsome track for playing in the background of neocron. Fits in amazing with the genre of the game.

RogerRamjet
12-08-05, 16:03
I always thought certain Joy Division songs fitted well into NC.

Vae Victis
12-08-05, 21:44
You hereticheretic?
you know I'm dutch right..? (dunno the word, only know it used to be godmode in soldier of fortune 1 SP...)

btw the songs from LTA rock :D
gonna burn it to a CD and play it at BBQ part III (... ok we bought WAY to much meat and beer.. and still have loads left after 2 BBQs.. and seeing I'm still home alone till saturday next week.. guess :D)
Think I filled 2 containers with beer and icecubes/water to keep it cold.
and not 2 trashcans.. but I mean HUGE containers.
stop by when you're in the neighbourhood :)
Eindhoven for those who don't know.

LTA
13-08-05, 17:00

Glad you liked em ;)

If anyone else wants the zip send me a pm i will leave the file on my space for a short while but gonna remove it soon for particular reasons :p

Asurmen Spec Op
13-08-05, 17:16
heretic?
you know I'm dutch right..? (dunno the word, only know it used to be godmode in soldier of fortune 1 SP...)

gonna burn it to a CD and play it at BBQ part III (... ok we bought WAY to much meat and beer.. and still have loads left after 2 BBQs.. and seeing I'm still home alone till saturday next week.. guess :D)
Think I filled 2 containers with beer and icecubes/water to keep it cold.
and not 2 trashcans.. but I mean HUGE containers.
stop by when you're in the neighbourhood :)
Eindhoven for those who don't know.
Your dutch are you?
I dont know what that changes, but meh...

though my code word for wanking off is going to denmark <.<

Vae Victis
13-08-05, 20:53
Your dutch are you?
I dont know what that changes, but meh...

though my code word for wanking off is going to denmark <.<It means you gotta (if you want ^^) explain that word (heretic) to me. :D

Judge
13-08-05, 22:30
At a LAN party atm, listening to Dragonforce... I had forgotten how awesome they were. So add them to my list.

Vae Victis
14-08-05, 12:51
rammstein - final fantasy X blitzball theme

pwnz ^^

Xeno LARD
18-08-05, 21:20
7 Turbonegro albums

Good man. You're good. ;)

Tidus_Origin
18-08-05, 22:41

pwnz ^^

Other World? I've got that. 'pwnz' indeed. :D

It means you gotta (if you want ^^) explain that word (heretic) to me.
dictionary.com is your friend

Heretic

1: a person who holds religious beliefs in conflict with the dogma of the Roman Catholic Church

-----------------------------------------

(not been playing NC for a while now, so....)

Anyone remember the original (C&C) Red Alert? I've been listening to 'Hell March' (the intro song).

Other than that, its basically the usual (System Of A Down, KoRn, Rammstein, Static-X, etc.) for me. :lol:

Galileo
18-08-05, 23:33
Carter USM or The Rolling Stones, depends on what type of day at work I've had.

Vae Victis
19-08-05, 23:50
Other World? I've got that. 'pwnz' indeed. :Dyep that's the one.

dictionary.com is your friend

Heretic

1: a person who holds religious beliefs in conflict with the dogma of the Roman Catholic Church1) 2 lazy, 2) dogma..? :)

-----------------------------------------

(not been playing NC for a while now, so....)

Anyone remember the original (C&C) Red Alert? I've been listening to 'Hell March' (the intro song).

Other than that, its basically the usual (System Of A Down, KoRn, Rammstein, Static-X, etc.) for me. :lol:Hell March is good :)

E. Cryton
19-08-05, 23:56

pwnz ^^

rammstein - wollt ihr das bett in flamen sehen > all !!!

btw ice, our clanmeeting was win win :>
if u want to see screens/vids from it pm meh

Tidus_Origin
20-08-05, 00:01
2) dogma..? :)

Dogma - a religious doctrine that is proclaimed as true without proof (people believing the Bible is the truth, for example)

(yes. dictionary.com again)

Transformer
20-08-05, 00:01
Underoath
Finch
Thursday
Thrice
Emanuel
Avenged Sevenfold
From Autumn to Ashes
Funeral For a Friend
Halifax
Ill Nino
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
The Used

giga191
20-08-05, 03:33
I play "why can't we be friends" while pking. Dunno what all the shitty music is that people are mentioning

Half of it is just saying: "blah blah blah death blah blah blah the world is gonna end and is shit....blah"