PDA

View Full Version : people pos updating..

[TgR]KILLER
10-08-05, 01:44
this gonna get fixed soon ? cause we all know the problem were the rhino driver stands over a mob and the gunner is can't reach it cause he aint on his screen. but now this frigging problem is everywere.. now i'm shafted i'm a frigging melee tank i can run behind somebody hitting him on my screen point blank and still get 0 hits because he is way on another position then i am. people not seeing me when im next to them then suddenly seeing me on the other side of the map all stupid stuff like that.

did i say its impossible to play a melee tank when your enemies aren't were you see them ? how the shit am i suposed to hit somebody who aint there.

Nullvoid
10-08-05, 02:14
Could you actually put position in the title killer, since I kinda didn't know what to expect when I clicked it :p

Having said that, please, please, please fix the player warping/incorrect positions we are currently plagued with. Trying to pvp in certain zones like; plaza 2, MB stairs, MB outside, pp3, just outside DRE hq, just outside CA hq, near the GR in crp...and I suspect the list goes on(I don't op war currently so I'm not sure how they are), is just a complete joke at the moment.

I find it highly amusing when certain ppu's run around in said zones, warping like mad, clipping through walls, thinking they are complete ownage when the problem is we can barely target them... :rolleyes:

Odin
10-08-05, 02:20
Well guess I'll give a teaser since I got a few people worked up in the last thread. However the warning.

Reading the following statement is at your own risk. It may or may not arrive in the next patch that currently has no set date. Failure to realize this can lead to drowsiness, mental clouding, lethargy, impairment of mental and physical performance, anxiety, fear, dysphoria, psychic dependence, mood changes, heartburn, impotence and diarrhea.

Yes there are vechicle fixes in the next patch.

Netcode stuff is being looked at also but no comment on that so far.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-08-05, 02:22
Read the following statement is at your own risk. It may or may not arrive in the next patch that currently has no set date. Failure to realize this can lead to drowsiness, mental clouding, lethargy, impairment of mental and physical performance, anxiety, fear, dysphoria, psychic dependence, mood changes, heartburn, impotence and diarrhea.

Diarrhea!? Oh god my ass!

Jesterthegreat
10-08-05, 02:30
Well guess I'll give a teaser since I got a few people worked up in the last thread. However the warning.

Reading the following statement is at your own risk. It may or may not arrive in the next patch that currently has no set date. Failure to realize this can lead to drowsiness, mental clouding, lethargy, impairment of mental and physical performance, anxiety, fear, dysphoria, psychic dependence, mood changes, heartburn, impotence and diarrhea.

wouldnt "we hope... blah blah" have been easier to type?

Asurmen Spec Op
10-08-05, 02:30
not funnier though

Jesterthegreat
10-08-05, 02:32
to quote your sig... "Thanks Asurmen"

Asurmen Spec Op
10-08-05, 02:33
mine says "asurmen pure lust"

Lets think about causing Diarria shall we

Jesterthegreat
10-08-05, 02:39
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/92/assig5sr.th.jpg (http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=assig5sr.jpg)

to keep it ontopic... good news on the (hopefully) upcoming fix / update thing

Koshinn
10-08-05, 02:47
his sig changes like every minute.

Tratos
10-08-05, 02:48

Everytime you load it.

Sounds good Odin, i hope they are delivered but i know its not a promise they will.

a4nic8er
10-08-05, 07:19
KILLER'] cause we all know the problem were the rhino driver stands over a mob and the gunner is can't reach it cause he aint on his screen.
Tried dual-logging in a Rhino a while ago and noticed that the driver and gunner see dead beasties as being 90 degrees different. This affects some beasties worse than others (raptors :mad: ) as they seem to lie relative to where their feet were before they died.

The dead beast sliding effect is probably just the netcode attempting to sync the clients, but the 2 clients never see the same thing anyway (shots at and from mobs, position of mobs, etc.)

Jesterthegreat
10-08-05, 08:41

well noticed :rolleyes: :p

Original monk
10-08-05, 08:57
drowsiness, mental clouding, lethargy, impairment of mental and physical performance, anxiety, fear, dysphoria, psychic dependence, mood changes, heartburn, impotence and diarrhea

i have all these, do they get worse or do they get cured when i do read it lol

msdong
10-08-05, 09:43
....Yes there are vechicle fixes in the next patch....

as im allways in for anything that make VHC better - what is broken?

IceStorm
10-08-05, 09:48
what is broken?Well, for one, they don't always work with Windows XP SP2 and DirectX 9. Many of us have to roll back to SP1, use DX7 mode, or use Windows 2000, otherwise vehicles rarely leave their spawn points in a zone.

Xylaz
10-08-05, 10:05
KILLER']
did i say its impossible to play a melee tank when your enemies aren't were you see them ? how the shit am i suposed to hit somebody who aint there.

collision detection killer, thats the only way

RogerRamjet
10-08-05, 10:46
Will the arm waving be fixed next patch?

Morganth
10-08-05, 11:08
I find it highly amusing when certain ppu's run around in said zones, warping like mad, clipping through walls, thinking they are complete ownage when the problem is we can barely target them... :rolleyes:

Gets better in OP wars, you can run around a GR building and slide through almost all the walls, intentionally or not. Works until you mysteriously go into a black sync screen though :rolleyes:

I'd say the worse thing for sliding through walls has to be drones though, because sometimes you can get killed by a drone that is next to you, but not actually see it because they moved so fast past you they've teleported off by the time you realise what has happened :lol:

Original monk
10-08-05, 11:27

KK, please say yes lol, ok the casting works etc, but when playing monks alot ... it can get pretty annoying lol :)

Spermy
10-08-05, 11:29
Gets better in OP wars, you can run around a GR building and slide through almost all the walls, intentionally or not. Works until you mysteriously go into a black sync screen though :rolleyes:

I'd say the worse thing for sliding through walls has to be drones though, because sometimes you can get killed by a drone that is next to you, but not actually see it because they moved so fast past you they've teleported off by the time you realise what has happened :lol:

Heh - it's like arming a bunch of blind people and letting them loose in a padded cell, no one knows where the fuck anyone else is, but someones going to cop it sooner or later :p

Morganth
10-08-05, 11:45
KK, please say yes lol, ok the casting works etc, but when playing monks alot ... it can get pretty annoying lol :)

Yeah, especially when the animation stutters, but still eventually casts, lol.

Heh - it's like arming a bunch of blind people and letting them loose in a padded cell, no one knows where the fuck anyone else is, but someones going to cop it sooner or later :p

Yeah, it's like:

A: Marco!
B: Polo!
*stumbles around*
A: Marco!
*more stumbling*
A: Ma-THAT WAS MY FUCKING EYE!

sultana
10-08-05, 12:33
We can only hope :( :rolleyes:

RogerRamjet
10-08-05, 14:33
Its not that it affects the game, but the arm waving just looks gash.

Riddle
10-08-05, 14:41
Any fixes and any patches are more than welcome.

The animation 'Stutter' got worse when they fiddles with the run cast then tried to fix it. Doors, citycoms etc. general distance problems same time.

The warping has moved from the lift's (original to NC1) to every bloody zone and every type of action. Item tracking load?

The vechs?? Who fucking cares i can't use my Rev's anymore :(

Brammers
10-08-05, 14:42
Its not that it affects the game, but the arm waving just looks gash.

Us closed NC2 beta folks looked at that and went. "KK you have to be kidding?" That arm waving would be better for doing the "Slot gods dance!"

CMaster
10-08-05, 15:12
I wouldn't mind the animations, if it wasnt for the "wavey hands" bug - where you hands rave around with no glow on the end, your psi pool gets used up and you cant cast anything for 5 seconds.

Morganth
10-08-05, 15:24
I wouldn't mind the animations, if it wasnt for the "wavey hands" bug - where you hands rave around with no glow on the end, your psi pool gets used up and you cant cast anything for 5 seconds.

Yeah, I seem to remember this happened more often at the start of NC2, as I hardly get that now. But when I do, it pisses me the hell off, especially when I'm trying to PPU.

Toxen
10-08-05, 15:26

Sounds like a normal patch *takes a dose of antishocks*

[TgR]KILLER
10-08-05, 21:49
soo what about it.. forget the frigging vehicles work on the fucking netcode. i just lost vs a apu who on my screen i hit 20+ times but he took 0 dmg @ all what the fuck does it matter if i can take 15 or 20 hl's then if you can't output any friggind dmg.. bullshit tbh.

Tratos
10-08-05, 22:11
Netcode is also being worked on... its said in Odins post O_o

Tostino
10-08-05, 22:14
KILLER']soo what about it.. forget the frigging vehicles work on the fucking netcode. i just lost vs a apu who on my screen i hit 20+ times but he took 0 dmg @ all what the fuck does it matter if i can take 15 or 20 hl's then if you can't output any friggind dmg.. bullshit tbh.
I've had that happen to me a few times in the past few days... Oh what fun :rolleyes:.

Odin
10-08-05, 22:18
Netcode is also being worked on... its said in Odins post O_o

Yup but I don't know if any of that will show for the next patch. Last I heard Codi was looking at server changes he made for the past 4-5 patches to see if one of those has caused the increase in issues.

[TgR]KILLER
10-08-05, 23:07
from what i heard from other mc tanks ( mine is a week old tomorrow so just play one since last patch t3h great timing ) its just the last few weeks so yea i gues something went fucked up in the last patches or somebody kicked the mc part of the server down or something.

Riddle
11-08-05, 13:40
I know nothing of netcode etc.. Just the fact my MC tank can't hit shit now unless i'm ontop of them ( suppose thats collision detection?).

If i try hit a mob thats running away no chance just swipe, swipe, swipe.

Morganth
11-08-05, 14:18
KILLER']or somebody kicked the mc part of the server down or something.

Doubt it, its to do with the client not being updated fast enough/freqently enough. Its like when you kill a mob/person and they slide across the floor, the distance they travel is the difference between you and the server, and its also the distance you are trying to hit them at with a close combat weapon.