View Full Version : KK Why Not Setup PayPal?

woOpin
09-08-05, 19:24
Jesus this is driving me nuts C2P Charged me 5 times for 3 accounts so cancled with them now I have to Pay $30 per account to use PBC even though I upgraded so thats total of $90 to play NC again.

Now I am stuck I either pay C2P for 5 accounts when I have 3 or Pay for NC2 upgrades when there already payed...

Why doesnt KK just setup a PayPal Subscriptions least its easyer than all this bs I know paypals not great but they seem to be 10 times better then C2P and PBC in my book. Nuff Said

Tratos
09-08-05, 21:10
Thats because they are trying to but something or somesuch is bollocksing it up.

MisterP
10-08-05, 00:20
Poll says it all! :rolleyes:

Hurry up and do something pleasseee.

Transformer
10-08-05, 00:39
obvious why they should....quick easy and most people have paypal since a lot of us use ebay or paypal for something else. its another method to pay so there's no reason why not to.

Freaky Fryd
10-08-05, 01:18
Paypal is tried & true...easy to use and many people have accounts for it already.
Seems like a sound business idea to me...

IceStorm
10-08-05, 01:29
PayPal is a payment method available under PayByCash. What's the problem?

System
10-08-05, 02:47
PayPal would be a lot better, and C2P wouldnt of had a chance to screw me over for $200 and force me to cancle my account for a short time.

Freaky Fryd
10-08-05, 04:27

Are you going by what it says on the front page, or are you actually signed up that way?
It was not an option when a clan member signed up through PBC...

IceStorm
10-08-05, 06:40
It was not an option when a clan member signed up through PBC...When did he try? I was going to try converting one of my accounts over to PayByCash in the near future and was mulling over which method to use. Does it show you when you choose a merchant?

a4nic8er
10-08-05, 07:05
PayByCash claim on their main web page that PayPal is one payment method they offer. If you try setting up a subscription with PayByCash they do NOT offer or allow PayPal. I tried 2 weeks ago. They also require you to pay 30 Euros to start a NC2 trial account.

Verdict: Blatant false advertising and daylight robbery.

IceStorm
10-08-05, 07:35
They also require you to pay 30 Euros to start a NC2 trial account.

Verdict: Blatant false advertising and daylight robbery.That I saw mention of in the PayByCash thread and it has me concerned. I hope I'm not going to have to pay for my "upgrade" all over again. If so, I'll stick with C2P.

Guess I'll e-mail account@neocron.com when I get home.

Nidhogg
10-08-05, 11:13
We're trying to setup PayPal through PayByCash but the bean counters don't like it. I know Holger was in further meetings with 10T a couple of weeks ago but the issue still isn't resolved as yet - it's a big source of frustration for us.

N

Spermy
10-08-05, 11:21
We're trying to setup PayPal through PayByCash but the bean counters don't like it. I know Holger was in further meetings with 10T a couple of weeks ago but the issue still isn't resolved as yet - it's a big source of frustration for us.

N

It's what you get when you sign to Money Grabbing Scrotes Inc. Seriously, I'm not having a go here, but there doesn't seem to be much change from when you guys went solo, what where the benefits of the move for you guys?

Nidhogg
10-08-05, 11:22
We're still here. ;)

N

Spermy
10-08-05, 11:24
We're still here. ;)

N

Heh - copout answer :p

Nah, I'm still of the persuasion that you were doing perfectly okay on yer own... although - I didn't have access to the Reakktor accounts, so I can only speculate.

Brammers
10-08-05, 11:38
Perhaps a "Bean counter" could explain to the frustrated users here why they don't like it, and also explain why 9 out of 10 MMORPG's accept Paypal.

While they are at it, perhaps they should explain to KK how much income they lost as a result of not accepting Paypal.

Dribble Joy
10-08-05, 11:53
C2P are shareholders in 10T. They don't want any other payment option other than C2P.

Morganth
10-08-05, 12:07
C2P are shareholders in 10T. They don't want any other payment option other than C2P.

They won't have any payment if they persist being fucking idiots. What other products to 10T market that are decent forms on income for them? I hope its not just NC2, or they'll be royally buggered when people start cancelling accounts once C2P start overcharging more people.

I think there have been more reported problems with C2P than there are flaws in the NC code :rolleyes: And if they overcharge too much, we can always mount a community lawsuit for business malpractice :D

Matthew.v.smith
10-08-05, 12:38
It is a right fucked up situation with C2P.
To begin with they seemed pretty fast and problem free...until they randomly stopped accepting a perfectly fine Credit Card, it still work's with several other companys but not C2P 0_o

So I decide to Re-Activate with a new Card, this one is my most used card ever, wait a day for C2P to reply and wake up to 5 or 6 emails all saying "thank you, changed card 1 to card 2" "thank you" then suddenly "Unfortunatly we cant take money off of this card either" I was angry and then noticed another sneaky mail "thank you the required 3 GBP has been transfered to KK" 3 pound? anyway I attempted to Log on and it works, so either they really did take 3 pound and reactivate me for a Month or i'll check my bank account and see they took either nothing and will start telling me they cant take money, or i'll see some kinda bill for 30 quid.

It's really messed up, can they take money or not? they cant even decide themselves.

M.

Dribble Joy
10-08-05, 12:39
You can either maintain your current cash flow (by maintaining the current stance), or allow other payment options and risk loosing the lot.

What really needs to happen is for C2P to actually provide a better service, then more people will join, C2P make more cash and everyone is happy.

Bugs Gunny
10-08-05, 12:56
There's two ways of making cash:

1)providing a service to a growing number of happy customers

[ edited ]

Which of the above do you think C2P is?

Original monk
10-08-05, 13:03
i didnt knew C2P where shareholders in 10tacle, explains alot tough ...

and bugs ... i dunno ... can you give me an extra hint ? :)

Bugs Gunny
10-08-05, 13:05
i didnt knew C2P where shareholders in 10tacle, explains alot tough ...

and bugs ... i dunno ... can you give me an extra hint ? :)

Original, don't as silly questions, it'll make the people from holland think they're right about us :D

An ingame buddy sent me his experiences via msn today:
I tried to use paybycash and use an e-check, it failed for some odd reason (wrong check number maybe) so they sent me a mail back saying that i could send em a money order or do paypal to their company. I think i had to pay a small fee though because of the bad check.

Original monk
10-08-05, 15:35
Original, don't as silly questions, it'll make the people from holland think they're right about us :D[/I]

LoL ok, ill act normal next time :) for the good image of us belgians :)

And yeah pffffft, payment can be annoying ... on the telenet forums there was a guy that had bought neocron ... but couldnt activate it lol .. well if you know i play this game for about 3 years and it took me about 2 or 3 days to get activation of only 1 account sorted then ya know someone who yust learns and meets neocron yust wont pull it off ... or should be VERY persistant and have ALOT of patience LOL

... i tried PBC ... darn lol ... i tried every option LOL ... you dont wonna know on wich dodgy sites i have been ... trying to activate youre neocronaccount with the help of electronic gold isnt all that LOL (paypal would been quite easy) ... at the end i filled the paynova wallet with money and it worked but hey, you dont even wonna know what i all tried before that LOL .. as a sidenote ... most sites require you to send a copy or fax of youre IDcard and driverslicense ... some ask for youre insurance papers o.O WTF LOL

paypal would be fast and easy ... but by the thingie dribble joy said i start to understand it more and more ... 2 bad cause with paypal we would of had TONS more players allready ... i really dont wonna know how many people KK lost allready cause of the weird payment plans :/ think 90% even before they ever start to play decently o_O

woOpin
10-08-05, 16:07
Original monk your right in some ways.

I had a long time freind I gamed with for years in other games like Tribes 2 and so on try NC he loved it even let him play on my accounts. Came to make his own account got totally mad at trying to activate well he just lost all intrest. Tryed to explain once you get your payment plan sorted its not too bad but was too late for him by then he just went and stated playing wow he said may not be as good but he can pay to play without hastle.

Original monk
10-08-05, 16:43
Original monk your right in some ways.

Im always right ! :p

Nah now serieus, i saw the same thing with the guy on a belgium forum that yust bought neocron ... i explained em and also pointed links to this forum and told em step by step but he gave up and plays guildwars now O_o

i told em what he would miss tough

LTA
10-08-05, 17:38
For me paypal is more superior it feels more secure to use and my account is now fully verified they made me do a fair few things to sign up and i know or at least feel my card is safe with them.
C2P on the other hand i felt really bad usin my dads cred card on it coz it just felt so dubious as a firm and now am hearing about all this double charging n shit sounds mad.
Never had a single problem with emoney through paypal so as far as a payment system would go it would defo be a good option.... c2p have shares in 10T?? ooohhh deaaarrr..... spose it will be sorted as fast as the fre O_o

Asurmen Spec Op
10-08-05, 18:09
Yep, thats why were stuck with the worst payment system on the net.

IceStorm
10-08-05, 23:13
Yep, thats why were stuck with the worst payment system on the net.It's not the worst, it's just very seedy. If you link it to a checking account, you shouldn't have a problem. 'course, don't leave a lot of money in your checking account...

Spermy
10-08-05, 23:30
Yep - till I switch payment methods - the bean counters won't be having any of my beans. If that means that my gametime expires before i find a reasonable method ( Note how i'm not saying i want it to be perfect!), then whatever, I'm sick of being diddled.

coppertop
11-08-05, 17:38
Lol I played in neocron since it's initial release in the UK. Stuck with it for however many years its been. I Finally canceled my NC2 accounts around christmas and I have been trying to get them reactivated on and off for about 3 months now....Its kinda like 1 step forward and 3 dozen steps back with Click2BeDenied.

The latest development seems to have everyone stumped as KK don't know what click2pay have done with my accounts and click2pay are taking forever to sort it out...lol...

I have an idea.....Lets start a collection to organise an expedition to Click2Pays HQ.....The Mission is to discover the truth behind the rumours that Click2Pay has actually hired an out of work band of trained chimpanzees as their employee's to cut down on costs and boost profits....

I suggest a minimum donation of at least £5.....any donation would be welcome though :)