PDA

View Full Version : Server Pops

MrChumble
09-08-05, 00:12
Hi all.

I'm considering coming out of retirement, PvP just isn't right with elf ears. What are the server pops like now that NC2 is on sale? Mostly interested in Terra as that's were my chars are/were.

Cheers

Argent
09-08-05, 00:17
Right now Terra's at 16%, pretty good for sunday night at this time of day.

Selendor
09-08-05, 00:22
Its on a summer high, KK need to do something good to keep the numbers up after August.

Jesterthegreat
09-08-05, 00:36
Its on a summer high, KK need to do something good to keep the numbers up after August.

aye... when people go back to college it will undoubtedly drop off somewhat.

put ir this way.

terra has a higher pop than pluto did at the end, but a lower pop than saturn did at the end.

bubba
09-08-05, 00:36
Right now Terra's at 16%, pretty good for sunday night at this time of day.

Not too bad for a Monday night either ;)

Judge
09-08-05, 00:42
I think it went at least as high as 18% at one point last week... Might have even been higher.

Koshinn
09-08-05, 00:53
it was at 19 today... on a monday.

Tratos
09-08-05, 01:05
Peak times Terra climbs to 20 - 22% recently.

IceStorm
09-08-05, 01:23
Peak, it hits 22%.

Off-peak (say 1am to 5am EST on the weekdays), it goes down to 6%.

A certain person who came out of retirement to PK has been whining about server populations on OOC during the 1am EST to 5am EST time period for the past few days.

Ironically, I sell more HackNet implants and gloves during off-peak than I do peak.

Tarn
09-08-05, 01:28
I have seen it hit 24%

-FN-
09-08-05, 01:31
aye... when people go back to college it will undoubtedly drop off somewhat.
I've always seen it as the opposite. Kids in college have more time for games and indoor stuff whereas the summer has everyone wanting to be outdoors, ergo populations drop...

Argent
09-08-05, 01:44
Right, monday..... Monday.

You know, long vacation and all, no need to monitor which day it is and all....

*hides*

Ps. Good try Icestorm ;]

CMaster
09-08-05, 01:51
Funn,y i've seen over 25%

Judge
09-08-05, 02:39
Thats actually pretty good. Maybe this No More Elves advertising campaign is actually working....

Asurmen Spec Op
09-08-05, 02:41
The ad is working but Click2pay will keep the pops down

Tarn
09-08-05, 02:42
The ad is working but Click2pay will keep the pops down
Ten-four

Judge
09-08-05, 02:46
Hehe, unfortunately its just like the "OMG CDV SUXX0RZ!" situation in early retail. KK can't do a flying fuck about it, and its their bad luck that they've been landed with a shitty partner in business. Afaik C2P has some agreement with 10tacle....

Though, I had no problems whatsoever with C2P personally. Touch wood.

IceStorm
09-08-05, 03:05
Right, monday..... Monday.

You know, long vacation and all, no need to monitor which day it is and all....

*hides*

Ps. Good try Icestorm ;]If the day of the week comment is directed at me, I was talking about the past two weeks, Wednesday - Friday and Wednesday - Satuday overnight (5pm EST through 8am EST). I've been on quite a bit, cycling through various characters on four accounts across two PCs, meaning I see the server pops at least once an hour since you can't just "resume" when flipping accounts/characters The pops drop like a stone after around 1am. The returning person has been lamenting the lack of people to kill during the wee hours of the AM, EST. He's right. There aren't 100+ during that time period.
Funn,y i've seen over 25%When?

Xylaz
09-08-05, 10:32
regardless of the numbers - even if indeed terra have 200 people on sometimes, most of them are probably op warring or beeing afk at the UG/app/wherever.

pops are low enough to make wastelands empty, to make doy and nc and mb empty as well. To make a search for a living soul quite a challenge (unless u come to TH or crp).

Pops are too low.

Judge
09-08-05, 10:51
Indeed... I was amazed at how empty DoY is. Even NC isn't that busy, and I doubt that a noob could find a poker in NC let alone DoY to save his life and running to TH as a 2/5 really isn't an option for a real noob.

Expanding the map and shit is great, but you've got to have the populations to support that expansion.

IceStorm
09-08-05, 11:19
ndeed... I was amazed at how empty DoY is.DoY is twice the size of NC per zone, with traffic pathing from hell. Having to double-back in order to go from one zone to another, in every zone, is a royal pain. Yeah, it looks cool, but it's about as functional as a hood ornament.
Even NC isn't that busy,That's what happens when a certain company moves the only all-faction safezone to TH 1-3.

Original monk
09-08-05, 12:38
saturn at the end was always at about 350 people ... sometimes less ... sometimes a littlebit more ... but mostly around 35% ..

thats witouth uranus and pluto

now that they merged saturn, uranus and pluto pop is always about 200 ... 20ish% to take an average maybe a liitlebit less ...

somewhere along the line we lost a few peeps ... is it the database error at the end of saturn that made most of us poor :/ or is it the lack of transferoptions given ? QB + armour + impslots (byebye appartments full of techs) lol :/ or is it the fact that NC2 didnt was what people expected ? (i know i been waiting for the DoY since first week of retail lol)

i really dunno

in my case things i wasnt happy about when comming to NC2 was: the fact i lost millions and millions (and multislotters) in the transfer (the month rollback of saturn and being in germany for work when we could arrange everything that 1 day lol) and the fact lots of items dissapeared -decided 3 days before NC2- (antipoisonsanctum, holy pestilance -not deleted tough not for sale anymore in NC2-, my favourite kami's to level up, a spiritSH, cathsanctum, copbotplasmarifles etc...)

i miss (besides players who left, also from the forum) :

the option to colour youre clothing (for fully black clothed tank/monk witouth pa)
cool chars ... current chars look nonapocalyptic
a decent castanimation ... thing we have now is yust BUGGED
NPC playershops (in a planfile for NC2 tough half a year later canceled in another planfile) or an auction that gives you the item automatically if you win it ...

dunno

edit: THIS is a pvpgame but there is no PVP cause no people to fight with ... also the new doy vs city system doesnt encourage pvp ... raiding yes .. again lol

and everyone who tells me to look better ... where then LOL ... on saturn i had more fights then i could handle ... at every possible time someone was trying to gank me in my back ... now there are no safezones but i yust cant find fights lol ... im tired of CRP, DRT, MB and PP .. there all empty and when you find some people at crp and you kill more then 2 you will get an army of monks up youre ass ... not 1 not 2 ... 12 LOL ... anyone say overkill ?

and im tired of the occasional zonewhores you meet anywhere else :/

neocron isnt dangerous ... isnt dark/cruel/postapocalyptic ... i never seen so many guards and copbots in any other game lol ... its a policestate :)

Asurmen Spec Op
09-08-05, 12:59
Agreed :(

Edit:
Good to see Chumbles though, thats an old face I remeber

Matthew.v.smith
09-08-05, 13:17
What I miss from NC1 is...

Old Models, Somehow, even thought they were more low quality, they had a certain stylish look to them, with the Spys cool Headset, and the Tank's beefy look and not to mention the nice leather jackets etc the PE's had.
Also the way you could look different to most people, by choosing a Custom colour.

PP Fights, it used to be great to log on and think "hmmm I wanna PK" and then make your way to PP unmolested by the Cops or shitty Screaming Horse CS.
Fights were a bit random and unfair in some cases lol, but it was always a place to fight and was also one of the things that made me <3 NC.
Now that's gone, people cant seem to find anywhere propper to actually PVP and the new Netcode bug is making it pretty painfull even if ya wanna choose too, finding people anywhere is hard as hell, NC plaza 1 is empty, CRP empty mostly, PP is a ghost town.
in fact, i'd be so happy if DOY city was just scrapped and NC was made safe in majour trading area's (plaza 1, Typhera Mem etc) and any routes inbetween them made danger, that would add a nice element of danger, however it would no doubt be exploited.

I miss being able to Visit NC..
Now that Anti - City are enemys we cant even go inside Neocron, it would be good if we could like buy Forged City Passes to allow us to get in undetected, they only work for a limited time, like a drug, that would be so good.

I miss the Populations
in Nc1 it was pretty good (350) however I recall in Beta it was about (600) and as soon as shity C2P was introduced and Retail was out, all you would see on the Forum was people whining about it, that lost over 100 of the 350, because as 1 leaves more tend to take the same route like a chain reaction, and thus that's why it was such a devestating blow.

M. :p

Asurmen Spec Op
09-08-05, 13:22
And click2pay did it again, I really hope Nidhogg will give us SOMETHING about it

Matthew.v.smith
09-08-05, 13:25
yeah man, I just this min, noticed in ya other Post that you were having C2P problems too.
I had a struggle reactivating too, they couldent take money from Either of my Cards...and ive never before had a problem with this...so wtf.
they took "something" from my card, and reactivated, so i'm dreading what i'm going to find next month, $50 to C2P x3 charge. 8|

btw I noticed u said you had a problem changing cards on C2P, I had that too, so unless ya already gone to PBC, then u just email C2P saying "change my default card to Card x please, then credit my Account (enter account name) and that should be it.

M. :)

Asurmen Spec Op
09-08-05, 14:23
Oh it wasnt all my accounts, I was successful in reactivating one of them.
The rest say email click2pay.
If I can find my old thread, they charged me for the upgrade atleast 2-3 times. and it wasnt just me since 2friends are on my cc.

I will go to PBC once I figure out if I can use a CC and how I do <.<

Riddle
09-08-05, 14:39
When i'm on its mostly 20%+ pretty good thats UK time 7-11pm ish...maybe 2am lol

The problem in NC2 is its really spread out now. The game size is built for far larger numbers.

A typical night on this is what I see :-

Plaza zones mostly empty due to allied Pkers after the removal of safezones although P2 aggies is always busy with levelling nibs( gotta love the freedom of LE ). Some people running res/cst missions at various HQ's.

VIA - Empty , PP - Empty.

DRE or CA HQ - the new PP zone whoring from NC1

DOY empty, it just is.....always.

Tech Haven normally a fair bit of trading but your talking lv20+. Theres no noobs half of them don't know there is an OZ, let alone more cities!

The rest are at El-Farid or various caves for levelling, The odd OP war and maybe some stealthed snipers wandering the OZ looking for an opportune kill.

Seems a whole load of space for a few people and noobs not realising about all the other places think its empty. :(

Judge
09-08-05, 15:30
I'm of the opinion that noobs should be given the central TH genrep on their list automatically, and an email should explain why its there. So they can actually go there and, you know, see people. Get poked, weapons constructed etc...

Tarn
09-08-05, 17:57
I'm of the opinion that noobs should be given the central TH genrep on their list automatically, and an email should explain why its there. So they can actually go there and, you know, see people. Get poked, weapons constructed etc...

True that , becuase when nibs come to this game they run around NC and see no one and get no help ( most of the time its hard for them to get equipment ) but if they got the TH gr they could see that people do play this game and get help..

Morganth
09-08-05, 17:59
True that , becuase when nibs come to this game they run around NC and see no one and get no help ( most of the time its hard for them to get equipment ) but if they got the TH gr they could see that people do play this game and get help..

Definately agree with this. Or they could add an extra stage to the Mr Jones quests that explain the neutrality of TH, and give you a datacube or something you can upload to give you the TH GR. Then the reason for having the TH GR could be brought inline with the storyline.

Tostino
09-08-05, 18:08
If I rember right we had a 10+ page thread about 3-4 months ago (maybe more). Almost everyone liked the idea of giving the GR to noobs, the only people that didn't want to said that they wanted the noobs to get to know their way around, and that was a good way of doing this.
I still think this is a very good idea.

LTA
09-08-05, 18:42
If I rember right we had a 10+ page thread about 3-4 months ago (maybe more). Almost everyone liked the idea of giving the GR to noobs, the only people that didn't want to said that they wanted the noobs to get to know their way around, and that was a good way of doing this.

This i think is perhaps where new runners should start after mc5 its in the middle its between doy and nc so have various representives of Factions in different parts preachin there goodness with tech haven neutral type guards who keep the peace (rp for why they are all allowed to stand around in the same place without fighting) then have the npcs give the ompany run down, perks, bit of history, pay offers, what services you could perform etc then u decide where u want to go when u hit a certain point of missioning or something.

It puts new players close to mb which is a major levelin spot, desert areas, crp, and could be used more extensively as it is a nice location really and would be good for little newbie quests that get em into the game and eventually into a faction and city and start them well on there way

Jesterthegreat
09-08-05, 19:05

i think the best idea to come from that discussion was a mission which ended up with a trip to TH / getting the TH gr.

Judge
09-08-05, 19:28
An actual walking trip to TH would be a bit unfair as part of a mission, it is a pretty damn long way for a noob and as their first step into the wastelands... Maybe have the mission go into the wastelands a little bit, a zone or two to get a genrep mapping cube. So that they get an intro to the wastelands and the TH genrep without the massive journey.

Jesterthegreat
09-08-05, 19:39
An actual walking trip to TH would be a bit unfair as part of a mission, it is a pretty damn long way for a noob and as their first step into the wastelands... Maybe have the mission go into the wastelands a little bit, a zone or two to get a genrep mapping cube. So that they get an intro to the wastelands and the TH genrep without the massive journey.

it takes 10-20 mins to walk there as a 0/2.

once they are armed with a weapon from the mission or some such... and given a waypoint (if these could be properly implimented into the mission) it wouldnt be so bad.

the thrill... the adventure...

though collecting data with the gr info on it would work too. maybe give the option in the mission... like a multiple choice script where you get one of 2 missions for the next mission part? a driver who has done the jones mission first would prolly prefer to use his quad for a nice long drive into the wastes... but an APU may prefer to kill a few things / find where the data is.