PDA

View Full Version : W00t for the content

Judge
08-08-05, 20:26
Today I found the Electric Vibes quests. I have to say, that it was very cool, only bad part is that you have to kill a relatively high level NPC to begin the series of quests, which is fine for all us capped people but I think that the quests would be perfect for noobs.

The Mr Jones quests are perfect imo they take a little while but each gives a good amount of XP, but we need more throughout a characters development, random little quests like the Electric Vibes ones are awesome and reward a person for exploring and trying out places besides the Aggie, Storage, Launcher Pit, CRP, Firemobs/WB cycle. The community could easily draw up some scripts for a series of small quest lines

As for Epics... well, at least give the earlier ones better monetary rewards and all of them more XP rewards. Make them worthwhile rather than just something you have to do for that PPR or Moveon. At the moment, the XP rewards are negligable in the context of how long each mission takes.

Along with the Citycom missios being reworked I think these sort of additions would be cool.

Brammers
08-08-05, 20:30
It was a short little quest, but I certainly enjoyed it. I can't wait for the Tiki club quest.

The only thing I would like to see is a proper VIP pass, not a datacube.

If you want a loonnnngggg quest, do the Canyon Challenge. If you do decide to do it, set a day aside for it.

Judge
08-08-05, 20:33
Hehe, yeah. But isn't the mainstay of that just mob bashing?

Anyway, I was a little pissed off to find out that the Electric Vibes club is a fucking safe zone... wtf? Are there any clubs that aren't safe zones, as I'd like to organise another Headbangers Ball, and that needs a non-safe club.

Brammers
08-08-05, 20:44
Odd, I thought it wasn't a safe zone - a safe club zone? Comon KK, let us have gangland style club gun batttles, and Headbangers Balls.

Other clubs,

Tiki Club.
Twister Bar in the wastelands at I09 (I think)
The one in Pepper Park.

braydagner
08-08-05, 20:45
Are there any quests for the pro-city clubs? And if so, has anyone done them and know anything about them?

Mr Kot
08-08-05, 20:52
One quest that is supposed to bridge the gap between Mr Jones and an high level quests is the "iceflash" run.

If only it worked :rolleyes:

There is also the crossbow run too, if you like adventure rather than pure mob bashing. Okay, it does involve killing a mob or ten, but you get to see the world :)

Coming soon: The Tiki run, and (thanks to a dev who gave us a sneak preview of some new mobs a while back), something connected with "devastator warbots" and the "hurler king"

Jesterthegreat
08-08-05, 20:53
Are there any quests for the pro-city clubs? And if so, has anyone done them and know anything about them?

no there arent.

and all clubs are safe zones.

:edit: barring twister bar which has those trader union guards who act like old copbots... but with less warning.

pussy club and club veronique are safezones... and i gather both doy clubs are.

Mr Kot
08-08-05, 20:56
When (if) the zoo opens, will there be a quest for that too?

Ask the zoo keeper nicely if you can help to clean up the grim chaser shit and he might give you 100nc :p

....and at WoC 5, you'll get a brush :D

CMaster
08-08-05, 21:32
I really hope that the pro city clubs get quests. Oh, and from other rumours I've heard about quests involving the Hurler King, making that quest start from a DoY club just adds to the "shafted NC" argument...

Dribble Joy
08-08-05, 21:34
I have so many ideas for runs....

Riddle
08-08-05, 21:34
I really hope that the pro city clubs get quests. Oh, and from other rumours I've heard about quests involving the Hurler King, making that quest start from a DoY club just adds to the "shafted NC" argument...

HOPE being the word looks like most content additions are slanted to DOY :rolleyes:

Toxen
08-08-05, 21:43

Cmon ur taking the piss right, just as I though i'd be able to move the shaft meter to the right for a change cus of the GR's gettin guarded doy gets more content...wtf is going on.

Dirus
08-08-05, 21:45

Rumors are just that.. rumors.. not to be taken with any certainty.

Judge
09-08-05, 01:31
So Lupus... any possible information on new missions or content... or whatever.

Dirus
09-08-05, 02:20
So Lupus... any possible information on new missions or content... or whatever.

Not really my place to say :p

I guess you'll find out soon enough, when that is, I can't say either.

Speedball
09-08-05, 02:22
I guess you'll find out soon enough, when that is, I can't say either.

Ctrl + V, huh ?

Dirus
09-08-05, 04:29
Ctrl + V, huh ?

No, more I've learned my lesson not to give dates for anything.

LaZyBoY
09-08-05, 04:51
No, more I've learned my lesson not to give dates for anything.
Just say "When its done." ^^

Brammers
09-08-05, 10:48
Slightly off topic, what happened to the Terminator run that was supposed to come out in NC1? Is the run going to make it to NC2? (But with a different item.)

Judge
09-08-05, 10:58
Hehe, for that matter where the hell is Callash? Did he move on in the year I was away?

I still think that the "Run for Rares" idea is great (I would as I proposed it about 2 years ago), make rares less rare, remove the safe slot and (if you're clever) make more interesting high level content. Make the run in as many parts as there are rare parts in the item, then as the reward for each part of the run you get one of the rare parts (set, not random). Only problem I can see is that it cuts Researchers out of the loop....

Xeno LARD
09-08-05, 11:24
I'd love to see a quest competition.
I mean, how hard can it be for KK to put in some NPCs or Mobs and scripts that already got worked out by the community? And there's several people around here who really could work out some greast quests i bet.
And i don't need special rewards or anything, just some nice quests to get into the NC story, see some places outside the usual leveling areas and the like. If i get some XP, money, maybe some drugs, whatever, i'm perfectly fine with it.