PDA

View Full Version : Roleplay and newbies

Bugs Gunny
07-08-05, 12:40
I've been getting a bit bored of the constant pvping lately.
(i know, how is it possible huh?)

So i went back to doing a bit of roleplaying and omg..... helping noobies....

I almost forgot how fun it was to help out new players, and i was surprised to see that there's so many of them. Most of them i helped out with replacing their storebought weapons wuth capped quality ones or i just went out and got them their next level up weapon. Then while constructing i answered some questions on where and how to level, also emailing them some setups so they wouldn't waste points (for instance a rifle spy who had put all his psi in apu lol).

Then roleplaying. Well it's fun if you give your char a personality. I've been trying to roleplay Sleezy as a woman crazed sexualy osbesed mexican imigrant with an attitude lately. LOADS of fun. Some of the guys in clan are making a bikergang and are having a blast, even though they go through vehicles more than ammo due to bugs etc.

It would be fun if more people would roleplay more. It's a source of great laughs at times and nothing stops you from pvping doing it. It gives a nice touch of flair to a fight when you get in character. I personaly enjoy it a lot when i lose a fight, get a 5 slot spell hacked and then get a roleplay dm which makes me laugh.

It all ads to the fun of the GAME, which most people forget. It's just a GAME.
You gain nothing IRL by winnig all the time and you lose nothing irl by losing a lot. If you're in a clan, losing items means hardly anything.

So i guess this is a kind of warning to you all that when you meet me and i start talking funny, it doesn't mean Bugs has lost it. It means i'm roleplaying.
Sleezy's personality is kinda done. I'm working on ideas for the other people as i go. I WILL have to make one of them a bondage fetishist however, or Asurmen will be extremely disapointed :-)

Dribble Joy
07-08-05, 12:41
Spamming help with crap advice is most of what I do in NC these days...

Bugs Gunny
07-08-05, 12:43
Spamming help with crap advice is most of what I do in NC these days...

I would think it'd get boring to tell people to take a laxative pill and wipe thoroughly all the time :D

Toxen
07-08-05, 12:50
*Drags bugs off sidewards* Tsk tsk you've been of the meds again ain't you I said keep taking that whiteflash or you'll loose it you druggie PE :P

Judge
07-08-05, 12:55
Some of the guys in clan are making a bikergang and are having a blast, even though they go through vehicles more than ammo due to bugs etc.

I tried that once... apart from the fact that I'm a shite clan leader no-one really seemed interested in it apart from me.

Bugs Gunny
07-08-05, 13:04
Well, a lot of the people in blood right now have a history with vehicles. 101st next in nc2, $4death in nc1.

RogerRamjet
07-08-05, 13:38
Ive wanted to do something roleplay-esque for a while now, like make a clan full of spies or something.

Brammers
07-08-05, 13:59
I tried that once... apart from the fact that I'm a shite clan leader no-one really seemed interested in it apart from me.

Section 2 - Bikergang...watch this space!

Edit: Bugs, I did see you shouting your "Get your gun replaced at Next HQ" mind if we steal the idea and do the same for DoY? ;)

Mr Kot
07-08-05, 14:34
I'm working on ideas for the other people as i go. I WILL have to make one of them a bondage fetishist however, or Asurmen will be extremely disapointed :-)
I'm sure i can lend Hunny some furry handcuffs if she asks me reeeally nicely. I hear she's been rather a naughty girl lately, and we all know what naughty girls are in need of ;)

Bugs Gunny
07-08-05, 15:16
You all like bugs hunny because of her chestsize :-)

Judge
07-08-05, 16:50
Section 2 - Bikergang...watch this space!

Wooo.... :)

Tratos
07-08-05, 18:15
Section 2 bikergang, cool for cost sakes the new quad could also be used especialy since they're pretty gangish with their paintwork ;) but i dont think Phoenix would have problems covering the costs of vehicles, hehe.

I usualy always roleplay on my characters now, i used to alot of the time anyway but its a little annoying to have replies of "OMFG Roleplaying is ******** get some skills you fucking noob" and things to that effect but i just ignore those kind of people now, i help out noobies a fair bit and once took one around the dome while filling them in on the storyline and such, was great fun and helps to keep my personal NC knowoledge up aswell by relaying it to others.

Roleplaying is great fun.

Asurmen Spec Op
08-08-05, 00:43
BONDAGE WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bugs Gunny
08-08-05, 01:07
You are so KOS for stealing my warcry :-)

Hey, if you get your bikergang up and running we might even have a RP event style bikermeeting somewhere.
You know, ask the egm's to put a load of strippers somewhere, drinks, duels etc...

Heavyporker
08-08-05, 02:00
*gasp*

Bugs Gunny returning to noobs and RP? *gasp*

And I was so sure he swore off the stuff...

guess that's what time does to us all. Welcome back into the fold.

ZoVoS
08-08-05, 03:17
*gasp*

Bugs Gunny returning to noobs and RP? *gasp*

And I was so sure he swore off the stuff...

guess that's what time does to us all. Welcome back into the fold.

na didnt u hear his last post? hes just in the TP for the stripers booze an duels :D

Riddle
08-08-05, 14:02
I have role played a fair bit lately offering noobs help and weapons also and if they ask the right questions they may even get an extra present :p

But I have found whilst my shop was open loads of new players actually roleplaying!! Tanks playing dumb, The silent type, Biker bitches! and even one dude roleplayed my bodyguard for a bit ! Looked the part too in his CA PA.

I find this time rewarding because op wars are just borked and levelling chars is routine now.

I meet new people, impart some limited knowledge :p and furnish NC citizens with the tools to defeat those anti city scum!! :D

Bugs Gunny
08-08-05, 14:18
Yeah, it's allways funny when capped players say there's nothing to do anymore. When i'm bored i either ask one of my enemies to duel, or i roleplay.

Last night i had a rather fun time on Sleezy. He met one of his non official gf's in TH. Then somehow she overheard him talk to Elle about not mentioning the fact they also had a "thing". Turned out the two women were friends....
OUCH......

I'm still undecided on the roles for my other guys... The bondage thing is gonna go to Sleezy too, it felt quite "uncomfortable" with Asurmen "sexing" Bugs Hunny in public on a table in TH, while he screamed "BONDAGE WOOOOO!!!!". Sorry Asurmen, it just didn't feel right you know :D

My ppu Missing A Life is the next char with a personality. Anyone ever seen a manic-depressive PPU? :D

Selendor
08-08-05, 15:14
Good work guys, I've heard you on channels offering help. Helping new players to stick with the game is a honourable past time, and totally vital for the future of the game.

Asurmen Spec Op
08-08-05, 15:44
You are so KOS for stealing my warcry :-)

Omg im KOS
to an enemy faction
who Im prolly already KOS to :p
This changes what!?

I always help on help channel while Im swamp caving

Riddle
08-08-05, 15:55
Omg im KOS
to an enemy faction
who Im prolly already KOS to :p
This changes what!?

I always help on help channel while Im swamp caving

Man u and Bugs should get a private room, maybe rent an appy in PP3? ;)

Bugs Gunny
08-08-05, 16:02
Who says we don't allready? ;)

Besides we're gonna start a livefeed soon, called Asurmen's Ass & Bugs's Butt.

Asurmen Spec Op
08-08-05, 16:15
Who says we don't allready? ;)

Besides we're gonna start a livefeed soon, called Asurmen's Ass & Bugs's Butt.
We are?
COOOOOOOL

BONDAGE WOOOOOO
best with undead

Prom_STar
10-08-05, 04:37
My ppu Missing A Life is the next char with a personality. Anyone ever seen a manic-depressive PPU? :D

OMG... i am so making Marvin (for those not familiar with Douglas Adams, Marvin is a manic depressive robot in The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Also please note the movie was a disgrace, pure garbage compared to the book)

Judge
10-08-05, 04:41
Yes, Asurmen your talk of Necrophilliac Incest is, I'm sure, very helpful to noobs. :p

Asurmen Spec Op
10-08-05, 05:49
Yes, Asurmen your talk of Necrophilliac Incest is, I'm sure, very helpful to noobs. :p
SSSHHHH plasmastorm will hear and get angry

BloodLetting
11-08-05, 16:03
I am a member of the biker gang. And let me tell you you scratch my bike and you get a fist full of rockets up your arse! Anyone needs some biker support we are cheap...few beers whores and loud music...O and you cant be in it unless you get JUMPED in and then get a few of the required tatts..Like the one on my head IRL too :)