PDA

View Full Version : Epic vehicle keys of deleted characters...

Bugs Gunny
05-08-05, 14:57
That's just plain silly.
If you can transfer ownership of the vehicle then why claim they are only to be used by people who completed the epic for it.

Instead of making up this little rule to hide behind and not spend time on it, you should replace them for a working one.
On, a 4 char server it sometimes gets confusing what a character still owns when you delete one. Especialy when you have multiple vehicles this is hard to track. I know of 3 people who have had this happen, where their reveler was "broken". Due to KK's helpdesk refusing to help, let alone figure out what caused it we just salvaged the reveler key.

with 162 recycle you get NOTHING from the key :-)

Tratos
05-08-05, 15:01
Epic vehicle keys of deleted characters are no longer vaild items and cannot be transfered to other characters. These kinds of Epic items are meant to be only useable by the character who has finished the respective Epic Quest.

So does this mean if the vehicles isnt registered and the character is deleted you cant get a new one, or that your just not supposed to sell the reveler? O_o and if there only supposed to be used by the Epic completers... why should other items from epic missions be tradeable....

msdong
05-08-05, 15:49
is that the next epic only or the noob quad too ?

Brammers
05-08-05, 15:59
I have 1 reveler key which I swap between about 4 FA chars. The pro-city character I used to get it, is still about.

So are you trying to say if I delete that character my Reveler key isn't going to work any more?

Tickles
05-08-05, 16:19
Yes, and that's ridiculous. :o

Toxen
05-08-05, 17:01
Cmon this is ridiculous in a game that a major portion of trade which is epic items this is just pure insanity again.

Lifewaster
05-08-05, 17:10
It sounds like they are basically saying "you arent supposed to trade the reveller, but you can trade it to yourself" as in if you wish to make your own Pro alt to do the epic thats fine, as long as the char remains undeleted.

Main prob would be if you buy the rev from a stranger, and he later deletes the guy who did it.

Kinda sucks for noob quad though, but I guess there is 4 char slots per acct so leaving one to keep this active shouldnt be so tough.

Brammers
05-08-05, 17:13
Yes, and that's ridiculous. :o

No disrespect to you Tickles, but I do want a KK reponse to my question above. I'm wondering if this has happened.

1. Player A does the Next Epic and registers the key to him.
2. Player A sells the key to Player B.
3. Player B goes "Yeah I'm uber I have a machine gun...erm a Reveler!" and puts the key in gogo (He does not registered the key him.)
4. Sometime later Player A deletes the character.
5. Sometime much later, a opwar looms, player B goes to his gogo to get the key and goes "Ohnoz" when the key is broke.
6. He emails KK/GM who tell him politely to goto Pluto.

Then ok...Player B should have registered the key, thats always been the case with apartment keys, and vehicle keys. But...

1. Player A does the Next Epic and registers the key to him.
2. Player A sells the key to Player B.
3. Player B goes "Yeah I'm uber I have a hammer..erm a Reveler!" and registers the key, and puts the key in gogo.
4. Sometime later Player A deletes the character.
5. The next day Player B decides to go driving his Reveler. He goes to his gogo/ASG to get the key and goes "Ohnoz" when the key is broke.
6. He emails KK/GM who tell him once again to politely to goto Pluto.

If this is the new case... :mad:

So Nidhogg, we politely await your response.

Toxen
05-08-05, 17:18
*Checks the wind direction and wether the droms are herding in a westerly direction*

Im guessing the response will be the same as with apt keys as you put it, politely goto pluto.

Carbonite
05-08-05, 18:04
Yes Brammers.. No matter if you reg it or not, if the original char who got the key in their epic, deletes the char, then the key is useless.

/Edit - Sorry Nid, wasnt sure if you where gonna post here :p

Nidhogg
05-08-05, 18:05
Both of the cases above are correct. It doesn't matter whether you register the key or not; if the person who sold/gave/shared it with/to you is deleted then the key will break.

N

/edit - Mr. Carb beat me to it - I knew I shouldn't have asked him to corroborate my info before posting! :p

awkward silence
05-08-05, 18:14
Is it the same with aps?

Or is it so that if i register my apt when its not used i get to keep it?

Does this apply to quads or only revelers?

AND why was this thing implemented?... Doesnt seem very smart so if some employee from KK could explain the reason for this.

Then again I havent played for 3 weeks (cept dueled for 45 mins yesterday). My acct expired yesterday and im just about to pay for another 3 months, should i?

Tratos
05-08-05, 18:14
The Annoucement says "Epic Vehicles" so are we to assume that this is only the reveler? or is the newbie quad included in this?

Scanner Darkly
05-08-05, 18:17
I suppose this can't be changed so that unused keys will only "bond/tie" to the first person who registers it, regardless of doing the epic? Or am I missing the point here and this is already the case?

Bugs Gunny
05-08-05, 19:19
LOOOOOOL

Do this for moveons etc too then.
We'll have half the population suddenly findign themselves without psigloves, moveons, pprs.

What is wrong with you people?

Carbonite
05-08-05, 19:26
Is it the same with aps?

Or is it so that if i register my apt when its not used i get to keep it?

Does this apply to quads or only revelers?

Does it say anywhere in the announcement that it apply's to apartments aswell ? ;)
it strictly says Epic Vehicles..
About the noob one, i owe you an answer on that one, sorry
I will however return with a answer

Brammers
05-08-05, 19:36
Both of the cases above are correct. It doesn't matter whether you register the key or not; if the person who sold/gave/shared it with/to you is deleted then the key will break.

N

Thanks for the responses.

Ok in my case, I'm not likely to ever delete the character that did that epic, but I'm going to speak up for the others who have been effected by this with them knowing why.

But when did this "nerf" sneak in and why?

As at this moment this new policy as it stand is very unfair. Why? What about Move-On's and PPR's? I know people have traded say Crahn Epics gloves for Move-On's, are they suddenly going to break if, one of the players deletes the characters?

If not why not?

Toxen
05-08-05, 19:48
Aye I agree if its applied to a couple of epic items it should be applied to all or not at all this should include Xbow's and newbie epics, but Mr Jones should be spawned to allow existing chars to do the newbie missions if this is implemented and of course the professions still need to be corrected after the christmas server spat currently my tank(male) is still a preacher(female) with no photo, according to login.

Oh and btw fix the damm drug mission or despawn the herbalis plants im sick and tied seeing people exploit them.

Lifewaster
05-08-05, 19:49
I notice a lotta ppl suddenly selling revellers right now in trade. KK might wanna warn buyers that they are gonna have the rev for only a few weeks now...

Lifewaster
05-08-05, 19:54
Thanks for the responses.

Ok in my case, I'm not likely to ever delete the character that did that epic, but I'm going to speak up for the others who have been effected by this with them knowing why.

But when did this "nerf" sneak in and why?

As at this moment this new policy as it stand is very unfair. Why? What about Move-On's and PPR's? I know people have traded say Crahn Epics gloves for Move-On's, are they suddenly going to break if, one of the players deletes the characters?

If not why not?

I assume its somehow tied to the indestructability on these vehicles , versus non-epic ones.

It could I suppose be argued that the undroppable nature of other epic items is just the same, however there is no slot-one to put a vehicle in even if you wished to.

Toxen
05-08-05, 20:09
Reveler and Quad both indestructable and cheap or free repairs. (ie 12nc for revler and 0 nc for Quad when they are destroyed return to ASG click spawn or repair to get them again spawning after destruction spawns them with near 0 armour ie one good shot from an anti vech weapon and bye bye) Good source of metal plates, pipes, wire junk and computer junk though.

Bugs Gunny
05-08-05, 20:11
All epic items are indestructable and no drop.

This is just ridiculous. So what about people who bought revelers on trade? they're all screwed.

What is the valid reason to do this? It'll make more people disgruntled about the game. There's such a thing as making a game atractive to play and customer satisfaction.

Lifewaster
05-08-05, 20:21
This is just ridiculous. So what about people who bought revelers on trade? they're all screwed.

KK need to do something like at least pay 2 mill to each runner who loses a rev with this change tbh.

RogerRamjet
05-08-05, 20:24
I guess this is because the next epic is piss easy, so people just reroll and do it again in like a day?

Nullvoid
05-08-05, 20:43
What about all the people who fairly traded for a reveller and now they run the risk of it randomly stopping working because the char who obtained it gets deleted?

Are we to expect this to happen to any other epic items?

Really, I just wonder why did this change to the reveller need to be made?

Some of the changes you guys make are just fucking bizarre... :rolleyes:

awkward silence
05-08-05, 20:50
Does it say anywhere in the announcement that it apply's to apartments aswell ? ;)
it strictly says Epic Vehicles..
About the noob one, i owe you an answer on that one, sorry
I will however return with a answer

I believe there is another question... Why was this done in the first place?

Tickles
05-08-05, 20:55
Item tracking?

Bugs Gunny
05-08-05, 20:58
BS... if it was itemtracking then all epics would be hurt.

System
06-08-05, 00:06
I don't agree with this at all...

How about for all us vets out there that have all slots with fully capped char supposed to get the quads... delete our chars... start over... I think this is nonsense, but whatever.

-- System --

/edited - Thats if Quads are useless now as well..

Tyranny
06-08-05, 00:16
As far as I am aware quads are not affected by this... I have made chars just to get quads then deleted them after. I am still using the quads on my other characters!

Asurmen Spec Op
06-08-05, 00:25
I don't agree with this at all...

How about for all us vets out there that have all slots with fully capped char supposed to get the quads... delete our chars... start over... I think this is nonsense, but whatever.

-- System --

/edited - Thats if Quads are useless now as well..
I never knew that the missions designed for noobs should be used by "vets"

Xylaz
06-08-05, 00:30
so... i bought a reveeler key on Pandore by doing a cross server trade. The guy i traded with will most likely switch to terra when pvp server come online.
If he transfers the char to terra from pandore will my freshly bought reveeler key will become useless?

Brammers
06-08-05, 00:43
The newb mission - beyond a certain point they are useless to us. However, the vets can't do the newb missions becuase they are above rank /25. And also the professions are wrong for 95% of the people who transfered from NC1.

If the newb missions come under "delete your char and it goes with you" status, than I reckon there will be a riot.

Seven
06-08-05, 00:57

N

SO what was the reason this "rule" was made? :confused:

Dr Strange
06-08-05, 01:04
Not sure if I am following correctly or not.. (note I only read page 1)

I did the Quad mission on a noob driver. Completed it, did not reg the key. Box transfered the key to the character I was going to use it on. Regged it, then deleted the noob driver as he was no longer needed.

Quad still works

Now, is this going to suddenly stop working?

Argent
06-08-05, 01:05
The quad works even if the old char is deleted.

msdong
06-08-05, 10:06
SO what was the reason this "rule" was made? :confused:

the better question would be: are u thinkin of other epic items follow that rule.

im not against the whole thing, its better them restrictin' stuff to ppl that have the epic completet.

Carbonite
06-08-05, 10:23
If the newb missions come under "delete your char and it goes with you" status, than I reckon there will be a riot.

It dosnt, noob mission vehicle dosnt go under epic vehicle.

awkward silence
06-08-05, 12:22
Why was this done carb?

If you dont know could you find out?

Xylaz
06-08-05, 12:30
so... i bought a reveeler key on Pandore by doing a cross server trade. The guy i traded with will most likely switch to terra when pvp server come online.
If he transfers the char to terra from pandore will my freshly bought reveeler key will become useless?

a question that i'd like to be answered please

CMaster
06-08-05, 12:43
Soo - why make the NEXT epic reward the only one that isnt tradeable?
And you know, I still really have a thing for my first reveller. I'm a NEXT devotee, and even though my first character is delted, I still have a plce for my first reveller. Guess that will be the bin now.

eprodigy
06-08-05, 19:36
what a random, stupid change. can this be justified in any way? what is the reasoning behind this.

Seven
06-08-05, 21:34
what a random, stupid change. can this be justified in any way? what is the reasoning behind this.

My first guess would be an added timesink, but who knows...

Games are supposed to be fun, but some people at KK keep turning this game into a tedious, repetitive job.

Scanner Darkly
07-08-05, 05:36
Would you like some cheese with that whine?

I agree wholeheartedly [on the issue of revellers not vanishing into the Twilight Zone], but sadly some forum users still fail to express themselves in a mature calm and collected manner...

eprodigy
07-08-05, 06:20
Would you like some cheese with that whine?

I agree wholeheartedly [on the issue of revellers not vanishing into the Twilight Zone], but sadly some forum users still fail to express themselves in a mature calm and collected manner...
mabye some feel KK's time would be better spent fixing something that's broken, rather then one of the 4-5 things that aren't...

msdong
07-08-05, 13:53

isnt that obvious ?
farmin' hundred K of credits at no risk and all u need to invest ist like 1000c for ammo and 100c repair cost on a hunting session.

CMaster
07-08-05, 15:35
It is an epic reward, ya know. Are you saying the reveller should be removed?

msdong
07-08-05, 16:10
It is an epic reward, ya know. Are you saying the reveller should be removed?
nop, i like it too. all im saying is, that this hole thing isnt as unfair as ppl think.
€ its better them having epic status for driver and gunner needed.

Hellmag
07-08-05, 18:52
I guess it's this or making them NeXT only. You pick.

They're not sopposed to be 'every mans vehicle', I guess.

But the keys should be salvageble. Even if only for one or two 10's and various other parts/components.

ZoVoS
07-08-05, 20:38
and what if you have sold your vhc because u needed cash, and when u were back in the cash you bought sumbody elses, kinda fuks u over dont it

Sakletare
09-08-05, 12:00
Could we please get an answer to why this change as been made?

Bugs Gunny
09-08-05, 12:11
Maybe they're confused themselves?

I know one of our clannies had a problem months ago, he registered his reveler on a char, then deleted that char -> broken key.
Support at KK didnt have a clue what had made it break for weeks. In the end he just stopped emailing them.

Maybe they made this rule to save support a lot of work?

CMaster
09-08-05, 12:16
Maybe they made this rule to save support a lot of work?
That was my inital thinking.

Riddle
09-08-05, 14:54
This decision sucks!

Its another work around to prevent fixing it!

Since when have epics been non-tranferable?? All through NC1 we could at the beginning of NC2 we could, but now what's changed? probably item tracking issue tbh and if not why couoldn't it be fixed?

Or is this the beginning of making all items non tranferable? if so there's gonna be a lot of tanks in BT or PP and a lot of monks in Crahn :)

It's a real shame to remove an epic from the trading pool because of an issue.

Seven
10-08-05, 00:31
Seems about right.
I wonder how many other things they lied about. :rolleyes: