PDA

View Full Version : Patch today?

Brammers
04-08-05, 12:36
Well I had to beat someone to asking the question!

Bugs Gunny
04-08-05, 12:41
Probably another week. You see, the research mission changes was kind of leaked information so i doubt they have their patch ready.
Besides they can't realy patch when they don't have at least one , be it even fictional bugfix to patch, and with the current lag in netcode i doubt people would apreciate a patch that doesn't fix that.

Judge
04-08-05, 12:55
Hopefully all of KKs programming effort is going into the netcode fix... because it is really fucking annoying, and I've only been playing for two days. :p

Brammers
04-08-05, 12:57
Hmm, I know Lupus said early last week the resarch mission changes was in testing. Not sure if he said he was going to do them all in one go or not.

Netcode, yeah it was crap last night. Even standing in FA-HQ researching cubes to get a fellow member's FS up, we was having no end of trouble. He could see me, but I couldn't see him. Everytime he traded me, the game would close the trade window.

Bugs Gunny
04-08-05, 12:59
Brammers that's an old bug, has nothing to do with this netcode lag problem.
The sollution is to either zone, relog or sit down in a chair.

Next hq is notorious for this with people being stuck in the elevator on your screen untill they sit down.

Argent
04-08-05, 13:08
As far as I know, half of KK are on summer holiday right now, I wouldn't expect a patch anytime soon....

Tratos
04-08-05, 13:10
We'll find out between 2 and 3 i guess, as its the usual patch time.

I hope so though just to see what KK have been up to.

Selendor
04-08-05, 13:13
If Codi's on holiday then we won't get nowt.

Judge
04-08-05, 13:18
we won't get nowt.

Must resist the urge to be a dick....

Ah, anyway. Its a big problem really, as he is pretty much the one and only coder in this thing, although didn't they hire a newbie programmer a while ago, when he goes on holiday for two weeks or whatever we're fucked for those two weeks.

Tratos
04-08-05, 13:22
Well things can get added without Codi, such as new content and such like as the Content Dev guys write the scripts for that etc, and iirc there 3 coders? who do the main coding work (Codi, the new guy [DarkFall] and another, i think)

Robert [GS]
04-08-05, 13:24
i hope !!!

Scanner Darkly
04-08-05, 13:27
Lupus said earlier in game that research mission fix wasn't ready yet...

And it might not be in the next patch but one after...

Nidhogg
04-08-05, 13:56
Codi's not on holiday and the patch (when it comes) has a bunch of fixes that will be well received. Codi is working on the lag issue now but the patch has been developed over the last few weeks and it would be a shame to hold it up unecessarily.

I'll let you know when I find out when it will be released, unless the patch beats me to it.

N

Tratos
04-08-05, 14:01
Ohhh im looking forward to it now, patches that fix stuff we want fixing are always nice :p Even if it doesnt include a fix for the lagg issues, if those fixes include memory leak or client to server fixes, it would be much win.

Bugs Gunny
04-08-05, 14:02
I'll let you know when I find out when it will be released, unless the patch beats me to it.

N

The mans speaks like the Delphi Oracle sometimes.

krynstone
04-08-05, 14:10
You rock Nidd

Brammers
04-08-05, 14:15
Thanks Nidhogg. :) Any clues to some of the fixes? :angel:

krynstone
04-08-05, 14:18
Awe...don't answer that...I want to be pleasantly surprised when we get it. Remember though....He's not sure when it's comming out...don't get too excited today for nothing

Nidhogg
04-08-05, 14:23
I can't say because they're still in test. Any of them could be pushed back to a later patch and everyone would be jumping down my throat if that happened.

N

Selendor
04-08-05, 14:40
Thanks for the updates.

Tratos
04-08-05, 16:40
I assume the patch has been held back.

Nidhogg
04-08-05, 17:14
I assume the patch has been held back.
That would be a poor assumption because I never said the patch would be today, it might even be next week. All I've said is that I will tell you as soon as I know myself.

N

Tratos
04-08-05, 17:23
That would be a poor assumption because I never said the patch would be today, it might even be next week. All I've said is that I will tell you as soon as I know myself.

N

I know you never, but by saying " I'll let you know when I find out when it will be released, unless the patch beats me to it." there was a small glimmer of hope it would apear today, perhaps i should have said "I assume the patch isnt ready for release today" and that would have been a tad more accurate ;)

Xeno LARD
04-08-05, 18:30
Codi makes me wet.

Clive tombstone
04-08-05, 19:22
Ever since I've worked as a game tester for sony, I've learned that testing and perfecting newer versions of software takes time, and cannot usually be put on an exact timer on when its done.

believe me, its not easy, I really have to sympathise with Nid and KK's crew, they have there work cut out for them. So just go easy on them guys, when they say soon, they mean it.

PEace out

Odin
04-08-05, 20:39
Saw the current patch notes the other day. If it all makes it in then it should be a nice all around patch of fixes.

Tratos
04-08-05, 20:45
Stop teasing us Odin :p

Brammers
04-08-05, 20:46
Saw the current patch notes the other day. If it all makes it in then it should be a nice all around patch of fixes.

Argh!!! The suspense is killing me!!! :eek: :angel: :lol:

msdong
04-08-05, 20:49

damn, your guys raisin the tension so much :)

Argent
04-08-05, 21:18
Wow. Fixes. :rolleyes:

Yes, they're definetly good but nothing to be amazed at.

krynstone
04-08-05, 21:23
Can someone post the patch notes...I'm at work and brwosing launcher.neocron.com doesn't give me the patch notes.

Tratos
04-08-05, 21:31
there arnt any, the patch isnt out yet :p

Wow. Fixes. :rolleyes:

Yes, they're definetly good but nothing to be amazed at.

Wow, this community is sooo cool, people whine that the game is bugged, then complain wheb KK actualy try to fix the fucking thing, jesus.

krynstone
04-08-05, 21:38
I agree with your sentiment there tratos<---look spelled right:). The way argent said that I thought there was a patch:)

Argent
04-08-05, 21:56
[ edited ]

Tratos
04-08-05, 22:01
[ edited ]

No, i did read the bottom of your post in smaller font which is still a complaint about what KK are doing.

Argent
04-08-05, 22:12
How exactly is "Definetly good" a complaint?

Nidhogg
04-08-05, 22:17
Since this has degraded, and there's definitely no patch today...closed.

N