PDA

View Full Version : FRE's and servers

J J
04-08-05, 01:03
I have spent the last week or so playing on Mars for a bit of a change and have noticed something thats amazed me. In roughly a week of playing I've had a fatal or log in bug once. That's right, once. This is compared to about one an hour when I've been playing on Terra. I've not once had a log-in bug - 50/50 bug, no right click bug etc etc - and have fatalled when zoning once. Even when I do something stupid like alt+tab in the wastes and have to alt+F4, I can log back in fine. Now on Terra if I fatal or have to alt+F4 i am guaranteed the first time i try to log back in I will get the 50/50 bug, then probably another 2 randon bugs before I can play again. Now I wouldn't dare to suggest any favouritism or that the German server is the most reliable/up to date, I'm just amazed if this really is a coincidence. Are all the servers the same/using the same hardware? Does anyone else also play on Mars or any other server and what have you noticed in terms of FRE's and bugs?

Xylaz
04-08-05, 09:46
dunno anything but mars, but Pandore is probably worst of all, even with 0% population there are login syncs, bugs, fres and hell knows what else with the frequency of like x2 of what i've experienced on Terra

numb
04-08-05, 10:45
I used to notice very similar experiences changing from saturn to pluto in NC1. To be fair my crashes/syncs were not too bad on Saturn at the time, only once or twice an evening but on pluto I dont think I'd experience a crash in a week or two's worth of play.

Scanner Darkly
05-08-05, 06:37
I've been crashing and synching a LOT over the last couple of months. Yesterday i tweaked my wifi connection (for some bizzare reason it was setup at 802.11b only and not optimised at all). I haven't fataled since I did this and not lagged out either.

This has been stated before, but let me reiterate. A lot of the FRE problems (for me at least) semm to not be caused by hardware software conflicts or game issues, but by a server and client communication difficulties. So id the client is not being "fed" by the server it gives up and fatals, or more obviously black/clear synchs.

Anyway this has just been my recent experience, and I'm keep ing my fingers crossed that it will stay like that for me (free of fres)...

vashtyphoon78
05-08-05, 07:11
Im starting to think all the Issues on terra might be because of all these people in the US or something playing on servers in the UK, as i get a constant 200+ ping and about 14 fps. KK INVEST IN SOME US SEVERS PLEASE
(will never happen :rolleyes: )

Asurmen Spec Op
05-08-05, 07:22
Im starting to think all the Issues on terra might be because of all these people in the US or something playing on servers in the UK, as i get a constant 200+ ping and about 14 fps. KK INVEST IN SOME US SEVERS PLEASE
I get about 180ping average. from Utah(Midwest if ya dont know where that is, like anyone does) and my FPS is at 50 when running 3 clients

Mighty Max
05-08-05, 14:30

- the servers are located in germany not the UK
- the FPS has nothing todo with the server/ping. 14 is awfull low. I get that on big events with 50+ ppl in the zone. And im currently using a nearly 2 year old laptop with build-in gfx. When did you last clean up you system?
- my dialup in germany gives me a ping of 250+, it's still playable on a fun level, k a 1on1 might have some imbalance against a ping50ms player but everything else?