PDA

View Full Version : PPU hyb attack spells ?

Lifewaster
03-08-05, 17:48
Anyone got any input on APU spells for PPU hybrids ?

From what I've tested:

TL 19 Firelance can kill unbuffed apus , non shelter spies and solo tanks
TL 28 psi attack can kill spys......and mobs :p
TL 32 multi energy bolt can "tickle" stealthers.
TL 35 energy lance can kill nothing of interest as far as I can see
TL 39 Holy Lightning bolt I havent tested yet

Dargeshaad
03-08-05, 18:02
Anyone got any input on APU spells for PPU hybrids ?

From what I've tested:

TL 19 Firelance can kill unbuffed apus , non shelter spies and solo tanks
TL 28 psi attack can kill spys......and mobs :p
TL 32 multi energy bolt can "tickle" stealthers.
TL 35 energy lance can kill nothing of interest as far as I can see
TL 39 Holy Lightning bolt I havent tested yet
TL101 Holy Lightning can kill anything
........screw the PPU hybrids :lol:

CMaster
03-08-05, 18:12
Yeah, I wouldnt go around expecting to kill a lot on a PPU hybrid.

Tostino
03-08-05, 18:29
Yeah, I wouldnt go around expecting to kill a lot on a PPU hybrid.
If you know how to play you can kill alot of people... I would go for a Psi atack 2 and a reg Poison halo for atack spells.

Nullvoid
03-08-05, 18:36
he was doing nasty things to my PE at crp the other day ;(

CMaster
03-08-05, 19:47
If you know how to play you can kill alot of people... I would go for a Psi atack 2 and a reg Poison halo for atack spells.

Can you use Holy Shelt with that? no, you cant I always thought those spells were more Blessed hybrid ones.

Lifewaster
03-08-05, 20:58
No this setup is for a crazy anti stealth ppu hyb , holy ppu buffs etc ... I just dont like the holy multi-lightning hyb tbh.

I have truesight sanctum , blessed heal and shelter , and psi attack 1(tl 28) , crahn firelance (tl 19)

Its kinda fun setup atm , but damage is very weak , the main thing he can do of note is run down low hp stealthers in a multi runner fight , with TS running he can tag them with fire and follow the flames long enough to break the stealth for allies to finish off the stealther.

In a 1v1 vs a Pe he dont have enough damage vs their heals though, so I'm basically wondering if there is some tl 40ish energy spells at about 90-100 apu that can outdamage a tl 10 heal+tl 25 shelter. Energylance is tl 35, but it doesnt have enough punch for the job.

If so we could adjust the setup to switch Pa for the truesight then still have enough apu for the tl 40 spell etc.

Bugs Gunny
03-08-05, 21:11
1) you are too vulnerable, even as a ppu hybrid. You forget to heal, instead you decide to damageboost even though the pe has antidbdrugs.

2) your attack spels do no dammage at all to even an un SD'ed pe, using only a tl3 heal.

3) you died as a pure ppu, you died in two versions as a ppu hybrid. Maybe you should lom to apu hybrid or make another char.

CMaster
03-08-05, 21:24
I'd honestly be quite suprised if there was any weapon a holy shelter using hybrid could use that a PE wouldn't be able to outheal. Thats the trade off you make for having such high defences.

Lifewaster
03-08-05, 21:41
I'd honestly be quite suprised if there was any weapon a holy shelter using hybrid could use that a PE wouldn't be able to outheal. Thats the trade off you make for having such high defences.

Yep thats what I'm think also, I wouldnt expect to really win, but maybe theres a way to at least make them run out of anti-db drugs.
Maybe its possible with pa switch .

Say with 131 PPU specced , switching PA2 would give the 143 for truesight.

So that lets you get up to 90 apu max .

Which gives nrg attack options for Holy lightning bolt ,Holy energy lance or Energy halo.

Only one of these I've tested with an artifact version is the holy nrg lance which is way weak perhaps cos of its range and inability to cap at 90 apu.

Well, If any hybs have experience with holy lightning bolt or energy halo dmg wise let me know.

Bugs Gunny
04-08-05, 00:23
go psi attack 2 and ffs, heal up when you're fighting :-)
No need to use the TSS, it's shit.

HEAL, DB target, lay down psi attack2 while popping psiboosters, then time your next heal...

It's that easy.

P.S. no, you can't have your spell back :-)

Tostino
04-08-05, 03:44
Ok i'm sorry I forgot that some people actualy use a holy shelt/heal setup :p. I would go for a Blessed setup if I were you LifeWaster. You are not losing that much defence (if you know how to do con) and you get MUCH better atack.

Lifewaster
04-08-05, 16:39
Ok i'm sorry I forgot that some people actualy use a holy shelt/heal setup :p. I would go for a Blessed setup if I were you LifeWaster. You are not losing that much defence (if you know how to do con) and you get MUCH better atack.

Is there maybe some confusion as to what a ppu hyb , and a blessed hyb is?

Cos from what I found , if you got 108 apu psi attack 2 , you are only a blessed hyb . Sure in theory you can equip a holy heal with 108 apu, but in reality your still only barely capping a blessed heal at that skill setup, which makes using the holy a bit pointless.

IMO , from all the setups ive tested , and discounting use of a foreign PSI combat 3 buff...... if your a PPU hyb you got 90 apu max if you want your holy heal to actually be worth using, and 74 APU max for holy shelter to be worthwhile.......and this including gimping youself with exp imps etc.

edit: Maybe Arien can help out with this definition, I think hes the only PPU hyb I've seen posting on the forum.

This what I think is the case of the forum-goers definitions atm:

Holy Hyb = Blessed heal/s/d , holy lightning
Blessed Hyb = Blessed heal/s/d ,Psi attack 2
Ppu hyb = Same as Blessed hyb, but uses holy heal and relies on Psi combat 3 buffs to cast psi attack2?

If so, then I guess my setup atm should be called Holy PPU hyb maybe.

CMaster
04-08-05, 17:04
Is there maybe some confusion as to what a ppu hyb , and a blessed hyb is?

Cos from what I found , if you got 108 apu psi attack 2 , you are only a blessed hyb . Sure in theory you can equip a holy heal with 108 apu, but in reality your still only barely capping a blessed heal at that skill setup, which makes using the holy a bit pointless.

IMO , from all the setups ive tested , and discounting use of a foreign PSI combat 3 buff...... if your a PPU hyb you got 90 apu max if you want your holy heal to actually be worth using, and 74 APU max for holy shelter to be worthwhile.......and this including gimping youself with exp imps etc.

edit: Maybe Arien can help out with this definition, I think hes the only PPU hyb I've seen posting on the forum.

This what I think is the case of the forum-goers definitions atm:

Holy Hyb = Blessed heal/s/d , holy lightning
Blessed Hyb = Blessed heal/s/d ,Psi attack 2
Ppu hyb = Same as Blessed hyb, but uses holy heal and relies on Psi combat 3 buffs to cast psi attack2?

If so, then I guess my setup atm should be called Holy PPU hyb maybe.

The "holy hybrid" you refer to is a blesed hybrid with Psi Combat 3 - that can't be done nautrally. I think perhaps you meant to discuss APU hybrid, which is PE buffs + HL. But yeah, its not a PPU hybird IMO unless its using the Psi95 buffs - then you have blessed hybrid with pretty similar levels of APU and PPU and then the APU hybrid.

Arien
09-08-05, 03:23
the best blessed hybrid psi setup ive found by far is:
122 ppu
111 apu
63 mst
101 ppw
no pa, psi core/ds/exp psi controller3/moveon or resistor(good resists are VERY important for a blessed hybrid)

it isnt the only one however, i know other hybs that use different setups effectively but this is my favoured one, it gets maximum %s out of your spells and lets you use everything you need, along with the first level antibuffs and capped psi attack 2 and holy nrg halo when you get a psi3

my setup gets offence on the level of a lowtech PE but easier aim, and can take down stealthers better with poisonstacks and multibolts/barrels and defence thats not a thousand miles away from what you'd expect on a ppu, you can outheal most reticle weapons and take a freightening amount of holy lightning, i wont deny that its overpowered

Tostino
09-08-05, 18:28
the best blessed hybrid psi setup ive found by far is:
122 ppu
111 apu
63 mst
101 ppw
no pa, psi core/ds/exp psi controller3/moveon or resistor(good resists are VERY important for a blessed hybrid)
About the same setup I use on my Hybrid, but I go for a Haz 2.

Arien
09-08-05, 19:27
i use br3 for the extra force resist, id rather the extra % on spells than slightly more resists

Tostino
09-08-05, 23:27
i use br3 for the extra force resist, id rather the extra % on spells than slightly more resists
Well that is purely personal preference. Some APU hybrids used holy anti shield, I liked using HAB, it is all to do with your play style.

Netphreak
11-08-05, 20:37

TAR using Pure PPU!

Slightly off the point but i have seen it done.
I couldn't believe it till i seen it but the PPU wore the PE's health down quite easily, with damage boosts and breaking the PE's legs.

If the Shotgun around that the same TL was given the appropriate damage output for its TL i wreckon there'd be no stopping them.

Oh... and pure APU's just get creamed by the TAR using PPU unless the APU HAB's and gets a good few HL's in before the PPU reshields.

Morganth
12-08-05, 10:07
TAR using Pure PPU!

I couldn't believe it till i seen it but the PPU wore the PE's health down quite easily, with damage boosts and breaking the PE's legs.

If the Shotgun around that the same TL was given the appropriate damage output for its TL i wreckon there'd be no stopping them.

Oh... and pure APU's just get creamed by the TAR using PPU unless the APU HAB's and gets a good few HL's in before the PPU reshields.

One of our Paradox PPUs uses a knife that looks like a junk knife, and hurts with a DB on you. Speed used to be able to use the tl10 flamer on his PPU, which was always funny to watch :lol:

Original monk
26-08-05, 16:42
TAR using Pure PPU!

i been a TARmonk for most of my days, 5 slot ultimated pwns

tough i couldnt stand the aghilityhit after a while so i lommed back to pure ppu

only other tarmonk i know of is genty