PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Crahn Epic

Superbron
03-08-05, 12:23
Hi there,

There are some problems with the Crahn Epic.

Mission 3, when you kill Calvin and Drakkhan and his bodyguard in Outzone 4 you suffer a great deal of SL loss and your FS's are messed up

Mission 4: when you have reached gaia mines and have killed the right warbot and cannot loot that first one, you are fucked up, because the next warbots don't give the required heart to loot. You are advised to abort the mission and start over again. DAMN so you also have to kill a Tsunami runner again? Right!

Even worse: when I did abort mission 4 and went to CS HQ to do this mission again, guess what: the registrar told me to go to Cole again and visit Father Manus afterwards! O_o 8| :eek: So... this means I have to do the epic from the start again??? AAARGHHH!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So runners be warned about this nervewrecking epic!!!

nobby
03-08-05, 12:26
I'm sorry to hear that.
You could talk to a GM ?

[ edited ]

HellHound
03-08-05, 12:31
Mission 3 I killed Calvin and Drakkan without any symp/SL loss, though I didn't kill their bodyguards, didn't need to.

Mission 4, yes you're screwed if you can't loot the first warbot, but the thing with the registrar trying to give you the first mission again is just a bug (caused by SI/drug flash I think), keep trying and it'll give you mission 4 again.

Ryan Steiner
03-08-05, 17:48
Hi there,

There are some problems with the Crahn Epic.

Mission 3, when you kill Calvin and Drakkhan and his bodyguard in Outzone 4 you suffer a great deal of SL loss and your FS's are messed up

The mission tells you to kill Drakkahn and/or Calvin only, and not their bodyguards.

So you better DO NOT kill the NPCs called Drakkhans Bodyguard and Calvins Bodyguard. (even if they are "red") ;)

There is definetly no SL-loss for Calvin and Drakkhan.

Ryan Steiner

Mr Kot
03-08-05, 18:25
It worked fine for me when i did it.

The mission told me to kill whichever NPC drops the chemical. After the first kill, the chem dropped so i didn't kill any more.

As for the warbot dropping the tacholytium fragment (can't quite remember reference to a heart) be sure you follow the mission as written, and not from some guide you find on the internet. It's easy to go from one place on the map to another and forget to talk to Father Agnus in between as instructed. I know a couple of people who have done that.

TimonX
06-08-05, 13:03
I also killed the guards. First off, I belive the instructions for the mission are bugged (I am not sure, thow). It says that you must kill Calvin and Drakkhan in Outzone sector x, but they are in y (3 I belive). Secondly, the instructions say that you must kill Calvin and Drakkhan and that they'll have bodyguards. So... I thought that I MUST kill them. Why are the two guards even mentioned, if they serve no purpose at all? They aren't even protecting their respective bosses.

Argent
06-08-05, 14:45
All the epics are full of similar "Now should I kill this guy or these both?" stuff, and once you lose SL, you're screwed, the GM's don't give a crap. Also certain mission/s are bugged in a way that when you kill a guy who you're supposed to kill, you lose SL no matter what, if you do some things in "wrong" (=not scripted, but by mission statements correct) order.

Welcome to NC.

Tesee
08-08-05, 10:57
I know, defenitely the epic quest should be COMPLETELY modified, reviewed, changed:
/set reset_epic 1

please GM do something to epics... they are full of bugs, problems ...

for BT epics : go to Outzone 1 meet Grant (the lvl 35 epic)
youn go there and see five Black dragon guards stacking here you don't know why -> Genrep

The lvl 30 where you go to Loba village was the hardest of the quest, now it is the easiest almost...

Inntal
08-08-05, 11:16
When if you know that you don't have to kill anybody except those tow its no problem... but as in many epic missions this piece of information isn't given you directly. This would be ok somehow, so that these epics are not too easy, but when this includes sl and faction sympathy loss something really should be changed. Why not simply remove the sl and symp loss on the bodyguards? Mostly newer players suffer from that (as they don't use a epic guide to do that), and when the suddenly loose sl this is just one more annoying thing.

Girian
08-08-05, 11:36
Actually I did lose SL when killing Drakkhan & Calvin, but only when I did it in this order. For the mission to be completed you only have to kill Drakkhan Helios and loot him. You CAN kill Calvin first, but once you've killed Drakkkan, don't do it, cuz you will lose SL then, so yes, the mission is bugged and unclear in description as what to do.

spanz
08-08-05, 14:51
it took me 2hrs to complete whole epic , without any problems.