PDA

View Full Version : Path to WoC

krynstone
02-08-05, 22:03
Can anyone help me by telling me exactly what must be done to achieve WoC and get the item?
I know about leveling to the exp point somewhere else they posted the points needed recently. I'm just hearing about a disc on a nother thread and a dungeon(I presume where you obtain said disc). I also remember something about completing a WoC mission or something. Please just layout the path of progression and requirements to obtain WoC. Thanx
btw I can't search for WOC because it's too short according to their search engine and I don't feel like sorting through many threads to find it all manually

Obsidian X
02-08-05, 22:09
Last time I checked, you first need to gain the required xp level. Then, you need to camp the Ceres Labs (only one open atm) for a Ceres Disc(127/127 Cyborgs). The discs are very rare atm. Once you have one, you visit the WoC temple, pay the savant 2 mill creds and give him your disc (you also need to have completed your current factions epic) - he then gives you WoC 1, which is just a stat at the moment.

krynstone
02-08-05, 22:10
Thanx obsidian...that's exactly what I was looking for...Much appreciated

Scanner Darkly
03-08-05, 02:09
There are two types of Cyborgs in the lab: Experimental and Prototype. AFAIK only Prototype drop the disk and these can only be found in the lower level of the lab complex...

krynstone
03-08-05, 13:52
thanx for that clarification....if/when i go at least I'll know what to target:)

Riddle
03-08-05, 14:37
thanx for that clarification....if/when i go at least I'll know what to target:)

Nice to know the info for when i plan to go some time in .........2008 by which time i'll have the required XP.

P.S. All WOC calibre runners should get their own personalised PA (non drop of course:P)

Original monk
03-08-05, 14:43
P.S. All WOC calibre runners should get their own personalised PA (non drop of course:P)

indeed ! like a white ppuPA with red eyes :P

and lore you can also find the basic infoz about wocs (like how many xp you need for each level) at nc.synergyxr

ciao :)

Dribble Joy
03-08-05, 18:44
Eh... people will just end up looking the same, just as now...

Jesterthegreat
03-08-05, 19:25
the game doesnt need more things that dont drop.

yeah and pretty much all said above, though to clarify only one type is open. there is more than one lab that is open ;)

Scanner Darkly
03-08-05, 19:27
How about a PA that you can tint/colour and make it WoC only :D (yes im an ass)

Jesterthegreat
03-08-05, 19:29
How about a PA that you can tint/colour and make it WoC only :D (yes im an ass)

wee... take the time to get that PE to woc level... and get PE you dont want to use anyway!

Dribble Joy
03-08-05, 19:30
Something like a WoC skill that (with 95+ faction symp) replaces your master tag with 'Elder'?

Scanner Darkly
03-08-05, 19:42
But it will be so pretty!

Well we are all eagerly awaiting some more WoC implementation. Not seen much said about any planned items/skills/perks that will be be introduced for WoC. What's the word from Hannover?

Jesterthegreat
03-08-05, 19:45
only saw the file someone spread around way back (i'm sure the rules were broke by whoever made the file) listing all the items in the game.

however things like the xbow werent on it iirc and someone (maybe lupus) said it wasnt a complete / up to date list.

so no, its pretty much guessing / hoping as to what may come of woc :p

krynstone
03-08-05, 20:16
Where are these labs and savants??...I didn't see that pointed out on nc.synergyxr.net

Dribble Joy
03-08-05, 20:18
F-02 I think.

Scanner Darkly
04-08-05, 04:06
WoC temple is indeed in f-02 - a short swim from a swamp cave.

The only open Ceres Lab is in i-10.

Toxen
05-08-05, 14:33
Welcome to the WoC lowdown

5 woc levels with insane ammounts of overcapping standing xp
can't rember the exact numbers at the moment but they are at the sxr site,
1 st level is around 1mil xp overcapp, while lvl 5 is something like 10mil xp overcapp.

There are 4 woc skills, INT, STR, DEX and PSI, you can only choose one of these as your woc skills.. forever and are availiable to the following classes only
SPY: Int or Dex WoC
TANK: Str WoC
MONK: Int or Psi WoC
PE: Str or Dex WoC though this needs to be double checked wether Str is part of the PE's availiability.

To attain your first WoC level you need enough xp overcap in the skill you intend to WoC, 2Mill NC and a WoC Disk, then you travel to F-02 to the ceres temple, best piece of architechture in game and its out of the way and talk to the NPC with the skill you want to WoC in his overhead ID.
There ya go woc level 1 theres some debate as to wether you need to repeat any steps for woc level 2 but at the moment I belive there currently isn't any other requirements than exceeding the xp needed to WoC lvl up.

As for the Ceres labs, there are two types biomechanical (Cyborg type, bring a hacktool) and biogenetic (Launcher types, not sure if you had to hack these), anyway biogenetic are currently closed because doors were prone to exploiting though the surrounding feature that were around the entrance hatchs still remain.

Cmon lupus or which ever dev has ceres under their wing how long does it take to fix some doors, it was an exploit why ain't that top of the pirority list over all the new content getting in since the those labs were shut.

Anyway as I was saying there is 4 labs of each type... rather than what people have been saying only 1 lab. Unusually these were all placed in pritty balanced positions two of each type in the desert/canyon area and two of each type in the swamp area's.

From memory the easiest accessible one is either one sector south or south east of elfarid in the northern area of that zone. I do have maps somewhere and am currently in the process of detailed mapping of the currently open labs but those are on another machine at the moment.

As for woc items, at the moment there is only one confirmed woc item the Ion Crossbow, which has its own longwinded epic to obtain and is a pistol weapon with WoC Dex 1 req and some where in the region of 80 something TC req.

The other item up for debate is the Ionic Shotgun... strangely another pistol weapon but it could be changed since we last saw it accidently from the pistol smuggler in P4. Though at the time this didn't carry a WoC req... neither did the Xbow at time of implementation originally. So im inclined to belive it may return as a WoC weapon hopefully a rifle based one as for its source point ingame the best evidence so far is that it will come from hacknet rares those these are currently incomplete... anyone actually ever tried ressing these see what they say?

Argent
05-08-05, 14:44
Some corrections to Toxen's post.

The exp needed for woc levels are counted in hundreds of millions, 100mil for the first level, 150mil more to that for the next... etc..

And you need 1 woc disc for the first level, 2 discs for the next level, etc... IIRC.

Toxen
05-08-05, 14:47
Thanks for the corrections without my insanely long list of notes im useless as einstine in A-07.

Tickles
05-08-05, 16:28
Where are the closed Labs?

Nullvoid
05-08-05, 16:33
Oh how I pray that the ionic shotgun would be a lowtech rifle :p

Toxen
05-08-05, 17:12
Where are the closed Labs?

As i said without the maps to hand can't rember, and unless you go out of your way to find them your not, and its also kinda pointless.. anyway they just replaced the hatch model that was the entrance point with a model of some planks of wood flooring and some seem to have gained a few mutant camps just wonder around the open labs surrounding sectors that contain open labs

ummm give me a second *rummages via ssh*

Ceres Biomechnanical Labs (Cyborgs, Open): G-05, H-05, I-10, J-16

Ceres Biogentic Labs (Launchers, Closed): B-06, C-10, E-05, F-10

I recommend the one in I-10, its faster for the PPU to get there after you start screaming for rez just inside the entrance :)

warrior
05-08-05, 19:30
Last time I checked, you first need to gain the required xp level. Then, you need to camp the Ceres Labs (only one open atm) for a Ceres Disc(127/127 Cyborgs).
lies theres more than 1 lol and woc disks are like rocking horse shit

Scanner Darkly
08-08-05, 16:52
As i said without the maps to hand can't rember, and unless you go out of your way to find them your not, and its also kinda pointless.. anyway they just replaced the hatch model that was the entrance point with a model of some planks of wood flooring and some seem to have gained a few mutant camps just wonder around the open labs surrounding sectors that contain open labs

ummm give me a second *rummages via ssh*

Ceres Biomechnanical Labs (Cyborgs, Open): G-05, H-05, I-10, J-16

Ceres Biogentic Labs (Launchers, Closed): B-06, C-10, E-05, F-10

I recommend the one in I-10, its faster for the PPU to get there after you start screaming for rez just inside the entrance :)

Thanks for looking it up Toxen - this kinda info is always useful...

:lol: - don't be insane and even think of going in there without a PPU, unless you drone :D

sultana
08-08-05, 16:55
Oh how I pray that the ionic shotgun would be a lowtech rifle :p
Erm, don't we already have a lowtech shotgun?

Original monk
08-08-05, 16:57
:lol: - don't be insane and even think of going in there without a PPU, unless you drone :D

dont tell me its the same as in MC5 with em wocs he :(

Nullvoid
08-08-05, 17:06
yes, yes we do, but to have another option instead of just termi+pain easer+tsu epic rifle would be nice.

Brammers
08-08-05, 17:06
Last time I tried some drones in there, I left after 5 mins as they just completely blew my drones apart.

Tesee
08-08-05, 17:22
well, still another small cave with overpowered mobs...
I already find MC 5 boring so I guess all this WoC stuff is worse

(all this to get one or two weapon... :( )

CMaster
08-08-05, 17:42
Its not as bad as MC5, as you can move around. It isnt as fun as say DoY tunnels or Tescom wormtunnels mind. Spent a few hours latley, and I have got one piece of junk from the cyborgs that actually has a sell value of greater than 0 at yo's. BTW, if you check the old hacknet themeweeks forums, there are THREE Ion Shotguns, clearly pistol, rifle and cannon versions, and also quite apparently hitech. I really hope that they aren't WoC though. Drone-like reqs I would consider reasonable though.

Original monk
08-08-05, 17:54
i wouldnt mind regular new rareweapons (outof parts) either ... and hacknetrares ... and new quest/epic rares

and wocitems for other classes ! a rifle ... a cannon ... an attack- and defendspell !

(xrayhalo and rare poisonhalo/beam are on top of my wantedlist :P tough can you imagine an ionweapon like the first love but with the beam of one ofthe iondrones ... i love iondrone 1 and 2 there particles)