PDA

View Full Version : Hrrm - opinion seems rife...

Spermy
02-08-05, 20:24
along the lines of the wiki...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=neocron

Erm, it IS correctable - although it IS opinion and IS valid... I'd kinda get a bit irked if KK were to go about eliminating all bad press about themselves :o

And just for the record NO, it ain't me :p

Xylaz
02-08-05, 20:27

Erm, it IS correctable - although it IS opinion and IS valid... I'd kinda get a bit irked if KK were to go about eliminating all bad press about themselves :o

well, some say, there is a seed of truth in every sentence...

besides, i would be happy as hell if my fres occured once every 15 mins :/

Jesterthegreat
02-08-05, 20:34

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lexxuk

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=popcron

the descriptions on that site are debatable :p

Spermy
02-08-05, 20:37
Indeed - I just had to give lexx the thumbs down due to his self entry - ego massage or what?! :angel:

Jesterthegreat
02-08-05, 20:38
Indeed - I just had to give lexx the thumbs down due to his self entry - ego massage or what?! :angel:

well... other than the word "legend" its not that egotistical... worryingly the whole "drom sex" thing was pretty much started by him O_o

nobby
02-08-05, 20:49

I found that quite funny to read and I also had to agree on some things said.

Others I think could well not be true, But i allow it to be said in anger.
(If i make sense)

Dribble Joy
02-08-05, 21:02
The problem is if the comments are libelous.

Nidhogg
02-08-05, 21:30
We're not exactly happy with the content, especially the ************ references. If someone posted that crap about you, you'd want to do something about it.

N

Spermy
02-08-05, 21:45
We're not exactly happy with the content, especially the ************ references. If someone posted that crap about you, you'd want to do something about it.

N

I probably would want something done about it, but then again, how am I supposed to police the entirety of the internet, more to the point would I want to? This, like I said is in relation to the editing of the wiki, and bears the question, at what point, if any does it cease to be sensible/practical to reword/edit/erase slanderous comments?

And furthermore, is it ever really neccesary to in the first place? These comments have been around for a fair while and cannot reasonably be atributed to any shortage of subscriptions or oherwise negative effects in relation to Reakktor/Atari/10T, other than someone saying " I don't like them, they suck".

EDIT.

My point being - I get hurled the odd abusive comment at times - but I've never felt the need to edit it :p - although bitching is another matter entirely.

Rather than remove the offending parts of the text, Edit in a countering comment, yer bloody good at those!

Conduit
02-08-05, 21:47
A few lines made me chuckle, but ultimately it's distorted, libelous bullshit written by someone with a big chip on their shoulder.

Nidhogg
02-08-05, 21:48
You would do what you can, especially in the case of a resource like Urban Dictionary. Obviously we can't police the internet and remove it of every idiot, but we will seek to protect our name where we can.

N

Riddle
02-08-05, 21:50

N
Your being to fair Nid. That statement is outrageous!! The earlier one today was at least a bit more mild.

Whilst there is always constructive comments to be had in developing a game the frequent refrences to the German people and ************s is out of order.

Spermy
02-08-05, 21:51
You would do what you can, especially in the case of a resource like Urban Dictionary. Obviously we can't police the internet and remove it of every idiot, but we will seek to protect our name where we can.

N

Yar - I thinks me edit came in a tad late - but thats essentially the point i manage to formulate in my fragile little mind. People can ignore idiots, but it's often better to prove them wrong.

Liquid
02-08-05, 22:46
just for fun, I tried to search "world of warcraft".
The result wasnt as bad as with neocron, but was still very offensive.

Darn nerds playing on the internet and building websites like this.

Torg
02-08-05, 23:31
yup. this urbandictionary thingy on nc is just crap. there are so many dedicated loosers out there. man. forget about it.

LiL T
03-08-05, 00:13
Hehe look at me I can say naughty words about people on the internet hehe I'm a leet dude etc

I bet the guy who wrote that was about 12

Asurmen Spec Op
03-08-05, 00:17
I dont know where the uber KK loving crowd is, never seen em

Jake Cutter
03-08-05, 00:23

N

Yeah there is a difference, between opinion and slander.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

john irons
03-08-05, 00:43
most of what he said is true

Asurmen Spec Op
03-08-05, 01:33
most of what he said is true
find me a member of one of the three main groups, they arent real

nobby
03-08-05, 01:48
I had to agree with what was said about most of the stuff in that letter on the dictionary thingy website.

Scanner Darkly
03-08-05, 01:51
It's only UD Nid, not exactly something to attribute any weight or credit as a genuine resource - I read it if I want a chuckle. It's not exactly like its wicki or something that people actually take semi-seriously...

:angel:

It's only the internet and theres no such thing as bad publicity. That """"review"""" will make more people curious about this game than you'd think...

edit: it goes in line with a lot of other articles on there...

nobby
03-08-05, 01:53
TBH, if i had read that, I'd think that the game sounded like a buggy piece of shit and I wouldn't bother to even look.

But that's my opinion.

Jesterthegreat
03-08-05, 02:31
there are very good things about nc, there are very bad things about nc.

people who focus soley on one are going to give a distorted opinion... but none the less it is an opinion.

while discussing PvP on the closed beta forum of a game i cant discuss (NDA) i detailed the PvP system in nc because its one of the best i have ever been a part of.

however (as many people know) i dont play anymore, and havent op warred in even longer. i have negetive opinions about parts of the game, but positive opinions about the others. as such i try to take it all into account.

IceStorm
03-08-05, 03:16
Who pissed in his cornflakes?

LTA
03-08-05, 10:55
Hehe look at me I can say naughty words about people on the internet hehe I'm a leet dude etc

I bet the guy who wrote that was about 12

Scarily i reckon he is more likely to be 30 and a married man a-lot of the minors i meet are pretty sensible in most respects because they know whatshit comes with being so young on the internet :p