PDA

View Full Version : Neocron client wanting to accept connections ...

LiL T
02-08-05, 12:03
Ok this has happened a few times now, zonealarm firewall comes up with client.exe wants to accept connections from the internet, now should it be trying to act as a server ? I blocked it everytime something fishy is going on ...

fschepper
02-08-05, 12:05
Ok this has happened a few times now, zonealarm firewall comes up with client.exe wants to accept connections from the internet, now should it be trying to act as a server ? I blocked it everytime something fishy is going on ...

Good Decision...
Had this too, but observed it with other programs and games too, that didn't need this connection before...
I suspect its a trojan or something like that...

(using kerio firewall)

Xylaz
02-08-05, 12:09
tell us more details

LiL T
02-08-05, 12:15
Erm well it was happening befor I reformated the drive, since then I have had a fresh install and it only just poped up again, its never needed to act as a server in the past :wtf: If it is a trojan how the hell did it get onto my computer, I'm extra carefull when running stuff from the internet, I have firewall virus scanner etc .

Xylaz
02-08-05, 12:21
question is: is NC still working normally after blocking those connection?

i remembered i had similiar problem before in NC1 and it had something to do with IE and crl verification.

LiL T
02-08-05, 12:26
no when I alt + tab back to neocron it was hung with a blackscreen but it never asks for this type of internet access, so there for I can't see how it needs it

fschepper
02-08-05, 12:28
question is: is NC still working normally after blocking those connection?

Works fine for me..

Lil T, don't know what it is...
But, "Gunz" too wanted this connection and didn't want it before...
So either it's windows or a trojan...

Xylaz
02-08-05, 12:33
black screen might be a different issue. try just permamently blocking the connection then launch NC client and see if it will work.

My bet goes still to crl check - if u reinstalled windows, IE will try to check and verify the site (nc browser i think), which can cause the connection demand. Just note the remote adress next time, if its crl.somthing than thats it.