PDA

View Full Version : Tg Canyon

Manosteel36
30-07-05, 18:25
o_OCan any1 actually say they use the canyon? o_O

I'd liked canyon in nc1, but even i admit it was greatly under used then, but was used abit. Now it's just ppl going for the mini ppr epic or inq4 armor. :mad:

I'd like to see it used more myself so im going to post a few ideas. :p

Atm it has most shops, crahn, fist weapons, tech angels, boobs 'n' guns, loms/stams, even faction symp supplers for tg. All it needs is a Yo's i think.
I'd also like to have a Doy verson of Neofrag, perferably in TG canyon, but if this fails in a Doy sector. No need for new maps just design a smililar Neofrag to the ones in pepperpark and give it the tg canyon skin/gaurds (maybe a chance to have few new maps?) ;)

How about a mission like the new doy bars? but with a worth while reward?
- Talk to a Barkeepers work mate(Jill) in yaggers. Who says the barkeep(bob)hasn't come in for work for two days.
-Find bob in tg canyon. (lying injured)
- Says he was mugged and stabbed, says go talk to special npc(Rob) for medicain.
- Rob says he needs some special parts. (kill mobs in some cave(see lower down for cave ideas) get the medicain and heal the barkeep.
-Go back to the Jill and get rewards (1000cr + 1000 exp?)
- Talk to jill to get next mission. Hunting down the attacker.
- Interview about 3-5 ppl who may have been around. (hooker,guard,rich fat guy), u find out some1 who may know.
- Roger tells u to bring him 10x of the more expensive drink and to get weapons from a friend (barkeep)
-He gives u parts/bp for a weapon of ur chosing (drone/apu/mc/hc/rc/pc) U get a runner to build it.
- Go to roger who tells u the attackers location.
-Kill him and loot him.
- Give evidence to bob (get the weapon u used as reward + money/exp)
All this mission can be done inside the cayon or in f-13 zone.
Names used don't have to be the ones used :p Also the weapon could be something of a high lvl.. maybe from the smugglers that r hard to find. or give the ppl wat they want - Rare gatlin pistol/rifle.. unsure about the other combat classes i'd have to get some ideas :(

Also caves for lvling. (from lvl 1-4 of the caves with crawels/lizards), maybe the muntant side street from doy. also the sewer lvls from doy. And to lure hihger lvls a choas cave or two (actually inside the canyon). Crp is dangerous to lvl at without le.. so give them a gaurded place.

And as an extreme, but one which i think is worth doing, have tg start in the canyon again. just make it suitable to lvl there. (see above)

All these suggestions r to make it more interesting to go there and tag the gr, not just i need inq4 for my alt or i want to do the mini ppr epic. :confused:
I probably have more ideas i just forgot in the time it took me to alt tab :rolleyes:

Give me some feedback. :angel:

Clive tombstone
30-07-05, 18:29
I like these Ideas.. sadly Im pro city, still though great idea.

Maybe though, a rare gernade launcher for HC? And a rare lightning ball PSI for Monks?

Ive never seen a ball attack for monks that was usefull, maybe that?

Manosteel36
30-07-05, 18:32
oh yea my other idea, as another extreme. Open up a zone that covers the volcano behind tg. Have new caves and mobs designed (like the fire mobs but lava dripping from them - which do fire/force dmg, ranging from rank 50-120)

And i know must ppl will say, i'd rather have the server fixed, but tbh i think they can spare a few of the design team to do this, that and the server needs a new engine to be 'fixed' 8|

Clive tombstone
30-07-05, 18:40
Maybe I should make a new thread, "does NC need a new engine?"

Back on topic though, a lava zone? that would be cool, we'd just need that snow area we'd been promised too^^

Arien
30-07-05, 18:42
ive explored around the volcano with a hovertech (those things can get up ANY mountain if you go fast enough), its, erm... interesting

Manosteel36
30-07-05, 20:00
Have tg members that want to start a clan have a choice if they want their clan apt in the canyon or doy.

Skusty
30-07-05, 21:27
Im in canyons on tank running around since im pro :p my bunker is there :lol:

Clive tombstone
30-07-05, 22:06
I know, I have an apartment (delux) in the canyon, I just kinda wish KK would "redo" the design of the delux canyon apartment, maybe add a view of a big canyon gultch or something. Dunno, Im just not happy with the canyon appartment designs. hehe

Mr Kot
31-07-05, 00:29
I use the place for getting supplies: inq armour, antigamma bones, fusion weapons etc.

...and i'm pro-city ;) It's easier to get into / raid than DoY. Ok, i suppose "raid" is a little optimistic, there's never anyone there to kill.

Tratos
31-07-05, 01:18
Been their once since it was opened, to tag the GR, its a really cool place id also like to see it made more attractive for people to be there, imo TG (or perhaps even all DoY factions) should deffinetly be allowed to either set up a clan app in DoY or in the canyon, also in addition to this, clan apps should be allowed for FA in TH... slyly :p such as down in the reactor level since the door is sealed now. *cough*

i'd also like to have a Doy verson of Neofrag, perferably in TG canyon, but if this fails in a Doy sector. No need for new maps just design a smililar Neofrag to the ones in pepperpark and give it the tg canyon skin/gaurds (maybe a chance to have few new maps?)

This is what War Games in DoY TSU 7 is supposed to be :(

Scanner Darkly
31-07-05, 04:04
Not sure if there are enough people playing to make the canyon look lively again, but it should be easily accessible to all (at least until becomes an OP) to encourage more fighting/leveling there...

Thats just like my opinion, man.

eprodigy
31-07-05, 07:10
mabye have made it another CRP mabye.. a GR, a GOGO, (already has a)chaos cave, etc because it was always a fun place to raid.

Manosteel36
31-07-05, 10:19
mabye have made it another CRP mabye.. a GR, a GOGO, (already has a)chaos cave, etc because it was always a fun place to raid.

Yea, the canyon already has a gr and plently of gogo's, i suggested caves of all lvls (from lvl1 to choas caves) inside the canyon. Crp is raiding too much for any person to lvl there without le.. so this gives a safer option + lots of shops near by. Also i h8 running out the that damn tunnel, :mad: tbh why was the main entrance removed? :confused: Tho the tunnel is the only low lvl place there atm to lvl of o_O
With the range of caves for all lvls of runners, it could attract both lower lvls and high lvls. Only problem being getting there :( Which is why i suggest giving atleast tg the option to start there.

Toxen
05-08-05, 18:10
Can't Belive I missed this thread... Yea lets put more stuff into the canyon make it more accessible and let TG have clan apts there while we're at it we can add some DoY bots that drop ultima's. And How about a new place in hacknet to represent the canyon thats close to all the ops and NC's mainframe. Lets have reduced costs for TG in the canyon, and add smugglers that get stuff out of the FSM's all over the game world and sell it there to anticity only. Im sure they could smuggle out all the PA's from NC aswell as rhino keys and the like. All For anticity.

awkward silence
05-08-05, 18:22
Look down at my sig. Its small but i think thats just what the canyon needs to be alive again.

We need a Yos too, perhaps move the new entrances canyonside hatch to the back and have it loosely guarded to allow pkers. I WANT TO PVP THERE!!

I miss the old nc1 entrance...sigh

I love the new canyon... all but the new entrance and the closing of the old one.

awkward silence
05-08-05, 18:46
Can't Belive I missed this thread... Yea lets put more stuff into the canyon make it more accessible and let TG have clan apts there while we're at it we can add some DoY bots that drop ultima's. And How about a new place in hacknet to represent the canyon thats close to all the ops and NC's mainframe. Lets have reduced costs for TG in the canyon, and add smugglers that get stuff out of the FSM's all over the game world and sell it there to anticity only. Im sure they could smuggle out all the PA's from NC aswell as rhino keys and the like. All For anticity.

Your a bit too bitter mate. I agree with you that the city is a BIT shafted...ie doy bots and the oz pp grs but being a bitch and trying to make a good thread into an argument is just stupid. Wrong thread for bitter sarcasm mate. This ofcourse applies if you were being sarcastic. If you were not ill add this handy little disclaimer.

1. TG clanaps in the canyon. (why not)
2. Ultima drops in canyon (not fair for city)
3. More smugglers or FSM items in the canyon or elsewhere for anticity only. (as above) * These ideas were from your head...i really hope they dont implement any of em. Althought would serve you right.

I am probably repeating myself but if you want to "unshaft" city make a thread about it or comment in the many existing threads that are already there. Youll probably have my support on some of the issues because (again repeating myself) i believe the city is shafted too.

Sarcastic people are rarely stupid but ill offer you advice....

Be constructive. Allthough KK is not one of the best listeners it might help em to learn read and understand you if you write stuff simply and keep it clear.

Oops :p

Sorry bout that KK, couldnt help it.

Toxen
05-08-05, 19:38
That has to be one of the most intelligent and sane posts i've ever read.

Yes i was been sarcastic or sober i forget which. Anyone that follows my posts or looks at my sig knows im an avid campaigner for Anti Shaft the City. I was not though trying to turn this argument Its just that I am getting to the end of my tether with people that post as if Anticity doesn't have the best of things at the moment and the particular poster of this thread has posted this article in more than one thread. I am rather tired of beating me head against the brick wall that people do not realise if anticity gains any more content and gameworld boosts that big groups of people will move to anticity. I know of several LARGE groups that have plans already in effect and symping alts and cubes in place to do this before the new res missions begin to take effect. Do people not realise that things are seriously out of balance. Before people begin I am not refering to FF/Paradox in this instance they are both well formed clans and are doing what clans are ment to do and are not a problem that issue is seperate and is to do with organisation of city which at the moment is chaotic because of how people feel the game is unbalanced in other area's.

Back on topic, mano if you want to live in the canyon again go play NC1... this is NC2 you have an entire city now canyon was nuked get used to it been a little different.

To end the anti - pro city balance is unbalanced at the moment i have addressed this in multiple threads most recently the thread " In the "That Just Ain't Right" Category"

There are large numbers of issues that need to be addressed and I have lost faith in them been addressed by the Dev team. Someone quoted else where on nid on the ppu issue. Not even 60% would be considered a landslide and would be unlikely to prompt changes. And as population is larger in anti city rather than city... this indicates these issues will therefore never be addressed well least not until things like fre's and exploits are obliterated from the game first... ie never.

And I just came to that cold conclusion for the first time now that these issues won't be addressed so my other post now has a serenly cold sanity to it as the best place which I now call people to start moving to is to anticity.

Yes everyone lets go anticity.

awkward silence
05-08-05, 21:18
Well to go on with the conversation...

I believe if the old tg entrance would be open it could benefit anti and city... Heres some for city in example.

1. More ppl there to pk... anything is better than almost zero.
2. If the hatch would be moved somewhere in the back of the facility it could be a good place for anti to come raid.
3. More places to fight for! MB = zonewhoring and CRP is just a buttplug fest. As a sidenote... dont add caves to tg. I dont want it to turn into another MB.
4. More people to pk at the tg cave.

To add i have to say that the tg canyon in nc1 looked like it was nuked. The nc2 one is all clean and shiny with rocket launchers and all sorts of decorations. It is possible to raid tg with a team or a pe/spy but there is no one there (according to a rl friend who is city and keeps his spy parked there waiting for me. I feel sometimes that the only reason the main entrance is closed is that KK cant swallow their pride and admit closing it was a bad move. Maybe the same with para but hey thats another thread.

Open the canyon nc1 time entrance please.

And while ur at it remove doy bots and secure all nc grs :p

Manosteel36
06-08-05, 20:36
yeah...KK really needs to stop opening Clubs and accually help the game by implementing usful shit ..

Toxen
06-08-05, 21:02
Please read post #34 in this thread http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1853405#post1853405

awkward silence
07-08-05, 11:49
Please read post #34 in this thread http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1853405#post1853405

TG is a prop. Doesnt hold much use to anti in the end. I started nc at about the end of 2002 and ive been living there since? Even when it was a grill. The only practical value is that its close to grant. It is a good hunting ground too but i know plenty more. Other than that it has nothing you cant get from doy. The fact is TG and anti already have the canyons and we want the entrance as it was (atleast i do) and i want to pvp there (move the hatch in the back for insurgents). City needs a forward base to be honest but that doesnt give you the right to complain we dont deserve our canyon.

Perhaps city would deserve a nice and new base in one of the "empty sectors in the middle but that should and doesnt have anything to do with the canyon.

darkservent
07-08-05, 12:29
If I were still playing NC Id probably use TG canyons the most. Always liked the place, but Im wondering if the new canyons are still overrun by pro-city peeps cause I always got caught by some of em during the raptor reign.

Toxen
07-08-05, 12:43
Ok then provide me with one valid reason TG should have the canyon? other than that you had it in NC1, it was nuked at the end of NC1 by DoY for the majority of the start it was inhabited by terroraptors and scorps, and was a good hunting ground. There was no valid reason to change it to a glorified shopping mall for anticity only. If you go off on the RP angle to try and find a reason, may I point out that Yager is currently going insane and is in his later years as is reeza his former buddy, and that the leader of the DoY alliance marked to be Yagers successor is somewhat of a pacifist and is more likely to persue a peaceful existance with NC factions and also that TG Canyon story did in no way advance the actual storyline of the game world other than to serve as a vechial to tell everyone yagers gone nuts.

Players have every right to complain about the TG canyon if they feel it has unbalanced the game which is has, before the Canyon patch people only really grumbled about the secret bases in NC and the unguarded GR's and that NC was more accessible than DoY. Then the canyon did shift the balance. It has high level mob hunting grounds right outside the door, NC does not it provides access to a variety of caves including an outdoor one, it has its own ASG right next door to NC it has a series of practical advantages that are numerous, if people do not use them it is not our fault but the canyon actually providing them is the issue at debate here. As for themain entrance been reopened just so you don't have to go through a tunnel all I can say is your lazy no one would really pvp there for how would procity get there especially with all those guards around it wouldn't be worth while. Further more look back at NC1 was TG canyon back then exactly known for PvP... nop, infact the only time i rember getting pked there was when I went to do some shopping for fusion weapons on my PP alt. One of our biggest bites is that TG canyon holds certain items which aren't obtainable outside of the canyon even in DoY for example Inq 4 armour, *senses come back about duranium 4* duranium 4 is in MB so everyone except TG can get it, even so MB isn't exactly heavily guarded the vendor has no guards and is a safezone so you won't get PKed while trying to shop.

One of the major causes of strife in NC2 has been vendor placement though its never really been addressed directly more in tandem with other issues. Aside from that the only real anoyyance with TG canyon is the fact that it has a public GR (FA Turret Guarded).

Move all smugglers into publicly accessible neutral area's kinda like the PA vendors in NC1 and pull the GR from TG canyon majority of peoples balancing concerns would stop. Heck even in NC1 there were two tank PA vendors because one was in MB and wasn't accessible by anti city types so why not now.

Yes Trader equality now... kk's sucking up their poor profit margins forcing them to live in deserted places such as the IND A. :P

Judge
07-08-05, 12:45
Not sure if there are enough people playing to make the canyon look lively again, but it should be easily accessible to all (at least until becomes an OP) to encourage more fighting/leveling there...

This is really the problem... at the moment theres not even enough people to get a good population in DoY and City. There is also no real need or desire to be in either of the cities for any amount of time when you've got TH with safe zones, now I'm not saying that safe zones in TH should be removed as it has got a good amount of players there (reminds me on P1 in the old days).

Also imo we need a place like the P3 / PP1 borderline somewhere, as however much you want to complain about zone whoring etc it was a good place to get some PvP practice in and was fun if you just had an hour or two as there was 90% going to be someone there to fight.

Toxen
07-08-05, 12:45
If I were still playing NC Id probably use TG canyons the most. Always liked the place, but Im wondering if the new canyons are still overrun by pro-city peeps cause I always got caught by some of em during the raptor reign.

That were probably bad luck gettin caught by procity during raptor fest 04. Theres a hefty number of guards now and no mobs to kill you. Some procity still own apts down their I myself own three but we rarely venture outside due to TG guards camping the lifts.

CMaster
07-08-05, 15:37
Heh, it used to be a great place for subskill levelling - taking a stream ov very hard raptor missions from your appartment - and then if you wanted real levelling, run across to either the canyon or catlock bay chaos caves. All thee while with access to some of the most useful (if irritatin) smuggler in game. Damn TG for taking it back and clearing it out.

Toxen
07-08-05, 22:18
Ah but you forget Cmaster, it was FA that cleared it out and cleaned it up without the FA the TG would have nothing there FA's gettin bit big for its boots these days don't ya think.