PDA

View Full Version : A new look at the PE

Tostino
29-07-05, 23:40
Ok I had this idea a few minutes ago so it could need some tweaking.
Well the idea was to give PE's a new role in OP wars.
Let's say a PE cast's his shelter and he has a ppu around, the ppu can cast his shelter on the PE aswell but instead of it working at .50 forign cast (I think that is what it was last I checked) it will work at .10 and works along with a self casted shelter. This will only work with PE's (if posible) to stop Spys/Hybrids from geting god like resists.
So what do you guys think about this?

Militaryman
29-07-05, 23:42
So only PE's will get godlike resists....?

Sure, why not. :wtf:

Arien
29-07-05, 23:46
who needs godlike resists when you have a pvp on/off switch (stealth)

Tostino
29-07-05, 23:47
PE's have the least damage of all classes (undruged), less resists then a Tank, less damage then a Tank... All this will do is reduce the damage a PE will take when in a OP war / PKing with a ppu. It was mainly to just make their resists just slightly better then a Tanks PPU buffed.

eprodigy
30-07-05, 00:14
mabye a decent 'bandaid' but not really a solution like fixing ppus could be. as i see it this does help the problem, because pe in opwars as in the problem main stems from the fact they already walk around (almost) with their own self cast foriegn holy shelter and rely on that already. so a ppus assistance to them becomes limited to healing :( which is what you were saying but im just repeating it because im retarded.

and arien dont you play a ppu? (if so) you shouldnt complain about stealth, what playing the class that destroys all balance.

also: http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8040/nonomonk7yc.png http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7994/nonoppus8td.png http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6936/nosex4gb.png

Arien
30-07-05, 00:22
the arien char used to be a ppu but is now a ppu hybrid (and yeah i know its overpowered, defence thats not too far from a PPUs and offence equil to or greater than a PE,but unlike the stealth whiners i accept that my class needs to and will be nerfed)

Selendor
30-07-05, 01:16
Well it would certainly mean more PE's at op wars for sure. But I prefere to hope that KK review the op war scene more thoroughly, adding new parts such as manable turrets, defence guards, and for the PE, things like Mechs or specific flying vehicles that would give them a reason to be there in the first place. But its all been said before, don't hold out much hope of it changing.

Terayon
30-07-05, 01:37
I like pe's the way they are, for op wars and pking.

Its tanks that need somthing.

a cs tank is alot easier to hit then a stealthing executioner pe. The pe takes about 15% more damage.

UnderLoK
30-07-05, 01:41
PE's are a blast to play and if you play them w/o using drugs you should have rolled a spy.

Spy's and PE's have no place in op wars. It is all about monks that hack. :p

[TgR]KILLER
30-07-05, 02:01
PE's are a blast to play and if you play them w/o using drugs you should have rolled a spy.

thats bs really a pe can do just fine without drugs.. spy's are the one relying on drugs for there shelter and what not.

Dribble Joy
30-07-05, 02:51
So only PE's will get godlike resists....?

Sure, why not. :wtf:
You completely miss the point and clearly don't understand how shields work and what it means for PEs.

Firstly remember that foreign casts add 50% of their power, meaning a foreign holy shelter gives 35% protection (with a fully capped spell).
A PE's self cast will be around 32%.
Thus PEs gain virtually nothing from PPU buffing (shield wise).

Given a 1 to 1 individual balance between the classes, the PE then looses out massively to the other classes.
Where they were one balanced with a tank, said tank now has a considerable defense advantage.

Previously this problem was 'solved' by the remove foreign shields 'campaign', which I was a long standing member of right from the begining.
However, it is not the problem with PPUs and is not fair on them either.

Aside from any PPU fixing ideas, to slove the class imbalance at team/OP level, foreign shields need to stack on self casted, so that ALL classes gain the 35% protection, irrespective of their personal defences (or foreign shields should add hp like the gaya glove adds psi).

Clearly some form of over riding by spells of higher tl/dmg would also have to be implemented to stop a tl 25, blessed and holy foreign being stacked on someone.

Dribble Joy
30-07-05, 02:52
The pe takes about 15% more damage.
Of course they do, PEs have higher defences than tanks, but tanks do a fuck ton more dmg.

gah, sodding thing....

To make my point:
PEs don't need 'fixing' in order to fit in with team based activity, they may need a few tweaks here and there, but the fundamental problems lie elsewhere.
Treat the cause not the symptoms.

editagain: And my apologies for any sense of arrogance or condersending nature above, it's late.

Terayon
30-07-05, 03:37
I meant that a tank resists 15% more damage then a pe with holy snd, according to skillmanager resists.

Tostino
30-07-05, 04:21
I meant that a tank resists 15% more damage then a pe with holy snd, according to skillmanager resists.
Yes that is right. Which is why I wanted to atleast bring PE's in line with Tank's defence wise at OP wars.

UnderLoK
30-07-05, 16:36
KILLER']thats bs really a pe can do just fine without drugs.. spy's are the one relying on drugs for there shelter and what not.

Man HT PE's rely on drugs to even fire their weapons.

Sure you can gimp your character to get around this, but who in the hell wants to do "just fine"? The idea is maximize your resists, run speed, and damage, not half-ass it.

Skusty
30-07-05, 17:42
Don't nerf the godlike reisst from spies :) Love fighting on spy instead of tank :lol:

Tostino
30-07-05, 18:46
Don't nerf the godlike reisst from spies :) Love fighting on spy instead of tank :lol:
Did you actualy read what I said? It is not nerfing anyones resists. Just boosting a PE's when a PPU is around.

Vae Victis
31-07-05, 04:12
1v1, PEs are the best class to play. if you're good you're able to beat a fairly good blessed hybrid.

my lowtech PE didnt use drugs, he was fast enough, capped his PE/Term.
only drug I used was nighspider for psi glove/haz/heat. (used heat i think)
440ish health and kickass resists.

during OP wars, PEs are completely useless. Spies are completely useless, tanks are completely useless.
apu/ppu combo is all u need.

PEs are good for raiding.. at least they were in nc1

Asurmen Spec Op
31-07-05, 04:19
1v1, PEs are the best class to play. if you're good you're able to beat a fairly good blessed hybrid.

my lowtech PE didnt use drugs, he was fast enough, capped his PE/Term.
only drug I used was nighspider for psi glove/haz/heat. (used heat i think)
440ish health and kickass resists.

during OP wars, PEs are completely useless. Spies are completely useless, tanks are completely useless.
apu/ppu combo is all u need.

PEs are good for raiding.. at least they were in nc1
Agreed, Solo, PEs are some of the funnest classes, take em to opwars and they are shit.
I think none of the PEs really WANT to be important in op wars

Bugs Gunny
31-07-05, 09:17
Why shouldn't op wars be fore gentanks, spies and pe's ?
I know that right now they have no place in them as monks is the way to go.

But seriously, don't you think something's wrong when a POST-APOCALYPTIC SCIFI mmorpg has only bloody wizards in the high end part of it?

eprodigy
31-07-05, 09:39
what would be nice is if, and i am not thinking of any specifics here myself, if a ppu effected every class in way that left them with the same balance they already had. for instance an apu would get a defense boost but it would still leave them with a lot higher offense then defense, and a pe would end up with a lot more defense but not the output. (a pe and a apu's damage output wouldnt change they would both just get a defense boost the way things are; which is actually the biggest problem with this idea that i dont know a solution to). and i havent really got into deep thought about it but it could/would involve the kind of change tostino suggested at the top. as well as the much needed holy heal nerf..

then again its really late so if this makes no sense please ignore me and rereading it i dont know if this solves anything 8|

problem i see is, i want a ppu to be equal to having another fighter and i dont see how it ever could be..

LTA
31-07-05, 11:42
Agreed, Solo, PEs are some of the funnest classes, take em to opwars and they are shit.
I think none of the PEs really WANT to be important in op wars

I know i dont, i enjoy being able to turn up on my pe to a op war and be a pain in the arse to the enemy since i rely on no one and no ones relying on me i can do alsorts in the op fight.
I generally finish of the weak or find snipers or droners which not many others seem to do at the war or just annoy ppus by gettin infront and buff stealing lol

The resist bonus shelters and deflecters give should be based on your con spec or something mad so a apu may only get 10% extra defense in all parts where as the tank might get say 20% extra.
To me why the highest damage dealer can get insane defense theres no point in playing something else that can get high damage and mad defense but no where the damage of the apu.
Like ffxi the Black Mage deals insane amounts of damage but if he gets hit once or twice hes usually chewing dirt shortly after, same with the Dark knight.

Dribble Joy
31-07-05, 11:52
Yes that is right. Which is why I wanted to atleast bring PE's in line with Tank's defence wise at OP wars.
PE defence should not equal tank defence, unless you make PE offence equal to tank offence.

PEs are more or less equal with tanks (in general, many tweaks on both sides are needed), but the latter gains so much more with PPU assistance, we need to make it such that that benefit is equal regardless of class.

The foreign shield problem is a class balance issue really, it is not the main problem with PPUs, that (at least in my worthless opinion) is heals.
Holy heals amplify the recipiants defences way out of proportion and favour those players with high dmg output, leaving PEs and spies behind (and tanks to an extent), sometimes unable to even inflict damage a lot of the time.

Frankly the whole PPU, heals and shields issues need a rethink.

Scanner Darkly
31-07-05, 13:45
Man HT PE's rely on drugs to even fire their weapons.

Sure you can gimp your character to get around this, but who in the hell wants to do "just fine"? The idea is maximize your resists, run speed, and damage, not half-ass it.

There are plenty of excellent lowtech PEs out there who are totally feasible without drugs (unless they want to wear even better armour and boost their psi) and with stealth they can compete with HT PEs or spies without any probs...

As to all other classes being useless at OPs other than monks. Well this all depends on the numbers I think. Imagine a small force of say 3 apus+1ppu against 2 tanks + 1apu + 1 ppu - I'd pitch my money in with the tanks if all present are of accomplished skill and experience...

Obviously that's not a realistic scenario at most times, but a tank with a ppu glued to him is a lot harder to take down than an apu ever will be and can do significant damage...(as we all know)

e:spjeling

Morganth
31-07-05, 15:03
I don't think tanks are useless at OP wars. I've been to many OP wars on my HC tank and killed more people with my Dev than the APUs, and thats when people are fully buffed.

Koshinn
31-07-05, 18:21
Any class (besides Spies) that NEED to drug I feel bad for. I know certain PEs that don't drug and can go _at least_ even with the best druggies in 1v1.

Dribble Joy
31-07-05, 18:36
I still support shelter being moved to tl20.

Tostino
31-07-05, 18:55
I still support shelter being moved to tl20.
I like that idea alot... That means Spys still want to take 1 drug if they want good fire resist but they can atleast have a shelter without needing to drug.

Scanner Darkly
31-07-05, 23:49
if shelter was tl20 then spies wouldnt need to drug at all (since inqui can be drugged or imped to wear) and being a PvP spy would be a walk in the park...

Dribble Joy
01-08-05, 00:16
It would have to be a change along with many others, but the underlying principle that you shouldn't HAVE to drug to be viable is the main issue.

Tostino
01-08-05, 00:39
if shelter was tl20 then spies wouldnt need to drug at all (since inqui can be drugged or imped to wear) and being a PvP spy would be a walk in the park...
If you are not taking any str drugs and you are using inq 1 then you are gimping your self quite alot.

Dribble Joy
01-08-05, 00:42
Depends on how much you want to wear, getting full inq1 needs 49 str. But yeah, without drugs it's a little gimping.

Lifewaster
01-08-05, 11:52
My feeling is that damage output has become potentially too high for some classes (apu/tank) during the development of this game.

In attempt to balance this the devs made heals also too high.

So yes, the only viable classes for ops are the high damage ones because no one else can really hurt ppu-ed targets.

However , PEs can possibly still have a good role in op wars in the current situation but it involves non-standard setups (ie: not being a 1v1 slasher/exe/stealth pvp god)

PEs ideal role in ops as I see it would be rifle specced , fighting from mid range using HL type weapon for instance , with this setup they could easily assist in focussing fire on targets. While being able to stealth to avoid retaliatory fire. Likewise they can gun the epic revellers for similar effects.

However both of these setups would involve not being able to easily raid enemy zones in the current flavor of the month "mr jones PvP PE" setup.

There is a way however, the devs could change foreign shields to provide more bonus to spies/pes , if they were to actually adjust the foreign shield strength in relation to the recipients own PPU skill. Thus PEs would get the strongest foreign shields, Spys second, Tanks 3rd , and Apus last. A nice fix for the current situation perhaps.

Lifewaster
01-08-05, 12:13
There is a way however, the devs could change foreign shields to provide more bonus to spies/pes , if they were to actually adjust the foreign shield strength in relation to the recipients own PPU skill. Thus PEs would get the strongest foreign shields, Spys second, Tanks 3rd , and Apus last. A nice fix for the current situation perhaps.

The more I read this the more ideal it sounds , they could actually just add the targets ppu score as a % to the foreign shelter , thus a pe with 61 ppu could in theory get 111% protection from a capped foreign shelter, a spy with 35 ppu could get 85%, a tank could probably get 70% , and an APU will stay at 50% . However they should probably cap it at 120% to prevent hybrids getting 200% etc :p

Great fix for monkocron op fights perhaps......

Tostino
01-08-05, 22:09
The more I read this the more ideal it sounds , they could actually just add the targets ppu score as a % to the foreign shelter , thus a pe with 61 ppu could in theory get 111% protection from a capped foreign shelter, a spy with 35 ppu could get 85%, a tank could probably get 70% , and an APU will stay at 50% . However they should probably cap it at 120% to prevent hybrids getting 200% etc :p

Great fix for monkocron op fights perhaps......
I like your idea alot actualy, but I don't think it should be done by the PPU you have, it should be done by the ppu/ppw. Beacuse that means that if you are specing to get the best %'s on shelter you will want 68 ppu, 43 ppw, 43 mst (when still using DB). But if you go for a BR3, heat/haz1 setup you will be going with 74 ppu for BR3 (or 75 for heat/haz) 49 mst for BR3 (50 for heat/haz) and the rest in ppw, which is about 24-30, not sure atm (not at my house :p). The BR3 setup will leave you with about 60% less on a self cast shelter (if I rember corectly).

Jesterthegreat
02-08-05, 00:23
all PE's need is a better boost from PPU's.

my PE did alright in op wars when i used a wyatt earp. its shocking how many PPU's dont fully rebuff after a HAB, and a wyatt outdamages a self buffed and holy healed PPU (with a PE cast DB). with a lack of buffs or a noob buff its even better.

Vae Victis
02-08-05, 01:11
if you make shelter tl20, might as well make haz/heat tl35.
no drugs for spies, no drugs for (lowtech) PEs.
that plus make the crahn glove tl 35.
my PE constantly popped a nightspider.. just to be able to heal.

nah tl20 shelter.. bad idea.
(although it would also mean lower PPU/MST req... aka PEs get better stats on it.)

Jesterthegreat
02-08-05, 01:25
that plus make the crahn glove tl 35.
my PE constantly popped a nightspider.. just to be able to heal.

nah tl20 shelter.. bad idea.
(although it would also mean lower PPU/MST req... aka PEs get better stats on it.)

tl 10 heal doesnt need a psi glove.

these days a PE can at least heal undrugged :p

Bugs Gunny
02-08-05, 09:19
A pe without drugs is like ..... Michael Jackson in a bodybuilding contest.
At least now i can blame it on the drugflash when i lose a fight :-)

Dribble Joy
02-08-05, 09:56
You missed the point.

Spies without shelter are more or less completely unviable in PvP, they HAVE to drug for it.
A PE does not HAVE to drug for heat/haz/br3/gaya, they can be viable without it.
Making shelter tl 20 removes the complete necessity for spies to drug in PvP.

and a wyatt outdamages a self buffed and holy healed PPU (with a PE cast DB). with a lack of buffs or a noob buff its even better.
If that's true there's something seriously wrong with the PPUs you've fought or the wyatt needs a massive nerf.
Not even a HL can out dmg a HH/HS PPU, a tl88 pistol cirtainly shouldn't.
unless PvP has completely changed recently and I haven't noticed.

Selendor
02-08-05, 10:14
/me dusts off my unused Wyatt later today.....

LiL T
02-08-05, 10:47
If you have your quick belt full with anti shocks, then start noob heal on the PPU then on your self then DB and time the heals on him you will kill the PPU with any weapon !

The earp does not need a nerf ...

Jesterthegreat
02-08-05, 13:15
If that's true there's something seriously wrong with the PPUs you've fought or the wyatt needs a massive nerf.
Not even a HL can out dmg a HH/HS PPU, a tl88 pistol cirtainly shouldn't.
unless PvP has completely changed recently and I haven't noticed.

its true.

it barely out damages it though.

by outdamages i mean it does more damage than a self buffed, holy healed PPU can heal... not that its an insta kill weapon.

assuming you hit every shot with a wyatt vs a PPU, at max fire rate, with a DB on the PPU... then you could (very slowly) kill the PPU solo.

i'm not saying a wyatt is a PPU killer... i'm saying it can do more damage than a ppu can heal for.

Bugs Gunny
02-08-05, 13:31
That's assuming the ppu doesn't move around too much and he doesn't parashock you, and casts antidb....

The only ppu that'll die to a wyatt is a cocky ppu. You know , the kind that taunts you, then makes a fatal mistake in getting two tl3 heals on his ass or having his sd run out and his attacker casting a nib one on him.
Then all of a sudden you'll see them try to put up a heal sct and parashock you. Next thing you see is them trying to clip around walls and then .... they die and start dming you with all kinds of crap about it not being fair that you nibhealed etc....Then is the time to give them a polite "GF, and ty for your 5 slot heal".

Come to think of it... i love ppus...

Riddle
02-08-05, 13:34
Then all of a sudden you'll see them try to put up a heal sct and parashock you. Next thing you see is them trying to clip around walls and then .... they die and start dming you with all kinds of crap about it not being fair that you nibhealed etc....Then is the time to give them a polite "GF, and ty for your 5 slot heal".

Come to think of it... i love ppus...

Personal esperience :lol: So gunny that Spy raiding of DOY ever get of the ground? PM if so

Jesterthegreat
02-08-05, 13:40
That's assuming the ppu doesn't move around too much and he doesn't parashock you, and casts antidb....

The only ppu that'll die to a wyatt is a cocky ppu.

exactly.

which is why... in an op war... its combined with other offensive classes and anti buffs ;)

its not overpowered... but its hardly useless.

which was my point really

Dribble Joy
02-08-05, 21:10
i'm not saying a wyatt is a PPU killer... i'm saying it can do more damage than a ppu can heal for.
Strange, I've seen DBed PPUs outheal judges and higher, sure of it.

Jesterthegreat
02-08-05, 21:13
Strange, I've seen DBed PPUs outheal judges and higher, sure of it.

unmodded wyatt is pure pierce.

regardless of a monks setup, or what his skill manager says, i always find them weaker to pierce than anything else.

an FA is higher TL than a HL... but people still tend to use the latter. but then vs a spy its FA. different weapons for different situations. i wouldnt say wyatt is overpowered... but it has its uses.

Vae Victis
02-08-05, 21:28
You missed the point.

Spies without shelter are more or less completely unviable in PvP, they HAVE to drug for it.
A PE does not HAVE to drug for heat/haz/br3/gaya, they can be viable without it.
Making shelter tl 20 removes the complete necessity for spies to drug in PvP.
*well then.. your fault for playing a crappy spy.*
spies do not NEED to drug for it.. snipers dont HAVE to drug. they shoot, stealth, shoot, stealth, shoot, etc etc.
Seen a spy using 8 drugs, never saw him complaining.
(most) spies drug for agl/dex anyway, whats wrong with popping 1 more drug for PSI/shelter ?

oh yeah.. shelter tl20 also means noobbuffed ppl are even more easier to kill..
nah DJ, stick to ur anti-PPU ideas.. shelter tl20 is bad

Dribble Joy
02-08-05, 21:51
*well then.. your fault for playing a crappy spy.*
spies do not NEED to drug for it.. snipers dont HAVE to drug. they shoot, stealth, shoot, stealth, shoot, etc etc.
I refer to allround PvP viability.
Were kamis 'viable'? No, but they made great snipers.
Are you going to deny all the pistol and close combat rifle spies fairness in drug use because of a (probable) minority?

Seen a spy using 8 drugs, never saw him complaining.
(most) spies drug for agl/dex anyway, whats wrong with popping 1 more drug for PSI/shelter ?
You still miss the point.

oh yeah.. shelter tl20 also means noobbuffed ppl are even more easier to kill..
Irrelevant, separate issue entirely.

nah DJ, stick to ur anti-PPU ideas.. shelter tl20 is bad
Again, I am not anti-PPU, otherwise I would campaign for their removal, whhich I don't.
I do want them fixed though.

No doubt you will find something in all that to go 'omfg j00 nibbish cunt!!!11!'....

Vae Victis
02-08-05, 22:55
DJ I've been a PPU for over 2 years as a mainclass...
I DO want to see them removed.
although it's the only class I'm good at, FF has shown me (and the entire server) that it's possible to absolutely abuse and ******** PPUs (not ******** as in kill loads of PPUs, but violate them in every way possible)

I still think tl20 shelter is a bad idea, if you want good, understandable comments, I'll be more than happy to post em here.. in dutch, as I'm not good explaining my comment on this in english. :)

E. Cryton
03-08-05, 00:31

wrong.
i've been drugless, resistless spy for ~1 year and i did very well. the advantage is huge, but drugs are not necessery.

Siguršur
03-08-05, 03:01
I thing PE's are owerpowered as they are right now ..... cause they can both solo good on no drugs and be effective at op wars ( with right setup and fighitng style )

Rebel ( with a cause ) ---------- Zyccy the beast..

E. Cryton
03-08-05, 03:24
hope u'r just kidding ...
pe's are overpowered ... omg ... :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
03-08-05, 13:12
being good solo and in a team does not make anything overpowered...

a good tank is good solo, and a tank certainly has his place in op wars.

a well set up spy is good solo (whether set up defensively, or set up purely to snipe), and spies also have uses in op wars (a good spy can do more than just hack...)

none of them have as much of a big place in op wars as a monk... but they all have their places.

Dribble Joy
03-08-05, 18:55
There are several levels of necessity in drug use.

There is taking a third dex drug to get another 5 points of agl, not a great necessity or even point.
There is taking redflash, as many people do, to boost speed and reach a higher weapon, not really needed, but a decent bonus.
Then there is the defence boosts.
PEs don't have to use haz/heat/br3, but it is a considerable boost, spies don't have to drug for inq, but they will suffer in their offence as a result.

Then there is drugging for shelter, there is no other option, spies have to do it if they are going to compete in 'normal'/'basic' PvP. This is a choice they should not be forced to do.

Jesterthegreat
03-08-05, 19:17
There are several levels of necessity in drug use.

There is taking a third dex drug to get another 5 points of agl, not a great necessity or even point.
There is taking redflash, as many people do, to boost speed and reach a higher weapon, not really needed, but a decent bonus.
Then there is the defence boosts.
PEs don't have to use haz/heat/br3, but it is a considerable boost, spies don't have to drug for inq, but they will suffer in their offence as a result.

Then there is drugging for shelter, there is no other option, spies have to do it if they are going to compete in 'normal'/'basic' PvP. This is a choice they should not be forced to do.

i see the point... but as a pistol PE i would have to spec rifle to fight at really long range... while the classes are all similar at the end of the day, each has its advantages.

would i be bothered if they lowered the TL of basic shelter to 20? not really.

but do the req's lower too? or does a spy still only get 2 or 3 ppw? and if the reqs lower, wouldnt that make it easier to cap... thus boosting apu hyb's, pe's and spies?

lowering the tl of shelter is an obvious idea, that would work in theory... but when looked deeper would it work? theres prolly consiquences i havent thought of too.

Dribble Joy
03-08-05, 19:28
Depends if the effects change, it might be so that the overall protection of a hybrid falls, do they currently cap them?
Besides, with a reduction in power, and an increase in capping ability, might the overall defence not change at all?

Jesterthegreat
03-08-05, 19:30
Depends if the effects change, it might be so that the overall protection of a hybrid falls, do they currently cap them?
Besides, with a reduction in power, and an increase in capping ability, might the overall defence not change at all?

it might.

but "might" is the key word. we dont know the calculations made as to the tl vs damage %.

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying don't suggest things ;)

Dribble Joy
03-08-05, 19:31
Things can be fiddled anyway. :p

Tostino
03-08-05, 21:07
i see the point... but as a pistol PE i would have to spec rifle to fight at really long range... while the classes are all similar at the end of the day, each has its advantages.

would i be bothered if they lowered the TL of basic shelter to 20? not really.

but do the req's lower too? or does a spy still only get 2 or 3 ppw? and if the reqs lower, wouldnt that make it easier to cap... thus boosting apu hyb's, pe's and spies?

lowering the tl of shelter is an obvious idea, that would work in theory... but when looked deeper would it work? theres prolly consiquences i havent thought of too.
Just beacuse they lower the TL and maybe the req's doesn't mean they need to make it easyer to cap. And your statment about it being eayser to cap for APU hybrids, it doesn't matter beacuse if you are setup with a DS you will cap a TL 25 shelt and blessed def easy...

Jesterthegreat
03-08-05, 21:18
Just beacuse they lower the TL and maybe the req's doesn't mean they need to make it easyer to cap. And your statment about it being eayser to cap for APU hybrids, it doesn't matter beacuse if you are setup with a DS you will cap a TL 25 shelt and blessed def easy...

last i heard the effectiveness was at least partly tied to the TL and / or reqs.

Tostino
04-08-05, 03:28
Maybe... I know that they can nerf a holy shelter without changing the req's. So I think they should be able to keep it the same while lowering the TL ;).

Vae Victis
04-08-05, 23:18
tosti..
you gotta go out more O_o
(florida lucky bitch, must be great this time a year :()
dont play nc summertime

Tostino
04-08-05, 23:35
tosti..
you gotta go out more O_o
(florida lucky bitch, must be great this time a year :()
dont play nc summertime
No you have it all wrong man... You NEVER go out in the summer, the winter when it's 75 F is the best time of the year.

Vae Victis
05-08-05, 10:58
I always knew you guys were crazy.
weird idea, going to the beach, watching girls in bikinis IN THE WINTER...
thats just.. well.. not wrong I guess, but strange :p

Asurmen Spec Op
05-08-05, 11:04
I always knew you guys were crazy.
weird idea, going to the beach, watching girls in bikinis IN THE WINTER...
thats just.. well.. not wrong I guess, but strange :p
Bah its to hot there in the summer, in the winter its fucking nice I used to live there

Vae Victis
05-08-05, 13:05
Bah its to hot there in the summer, in the winter its fucking nice I used to live therelucky fucker :p
wish I lived there. although the girls here are teh win.

Jesterthegreat
05-08-05, 13:15
lucky fucker :p
wish I lived there. although the girls here are teh win.

but wouldnt they be more "teh win" with bikinis?

go go global warming!

Vae Victis
05-08-05, 13:31
I hate you jester :D
damnit
hmm, I should have a pic soon for you jester, I should have it by next thursday. there should be one of my girlfriend (not gf but.. just a friend :()
you'll go "Dabelju Ti Ef Mate?"

Jesterthegreat
05-08-05, 13:34
er... thanks.

way to make me look cool... tell me you will send me pics of people in bikinis...

Vae Victis
05-08-05, 13:38
er... thanks.

way to make me look cool... tell me you will send me pics of people in bikinis...I can send you a pic of an old guy in a g-string, digging out my m8 me and a girl buried in the sand :D

Jesterthegreat
05-08-05, 13:41
nah... its ok :p

honour
06-08-05, 06:17
Well it would certainly mean more PE's at op wars for sure. But I prefere to hope that KK review the op war scene more thoroughly, adding new parts such as manable turrets, defence guards, and for the PE, things like Mechs or specific flying vehicles that would give them a reason to be there in the first place. But its all been said before, don't hold out much hope of it changing.

if this happened. i know of many people who would come back to neocron. In fact id give up work and play neo 24/7.

Asurmen Spec Op
06-08-05, 06:18
if this happened. i know of many people who would come back to neocron. In fact id give up work and play neo 24/7.
NC costs money ya know