PDA

View Full Version : My lowtech rifle PE's con/resist setup

Nullvoid
28-07-05, 13:16
OK, basically I'm finding he still seems to get torn up pretty bad in 1 on 1 fights, yet I don't really see how I can greatly improve him. He caps his rifles, has oodles of psi use...so it is really just the con/resists setup I need help with(even though it doesn't seem bad to me...). Do any of you spot any glaring omissions in his setup? :confused:

note - I realise his poison resist is pretty low, but so far I've only fought other lowtech PE's, a melee PE and a healing light spy.

Could my heal be an important factor? At the moment I just have a choice between 5-slotted tl 3(576% dmg), or a 2-slotted tl 10(477% dmg).

Morganth
28-07-05, 13:30
Looks fine to me, but I'd go for the TL10 heal (provided you can move around a little when you cast it, even if it is in a crouch moving backwards) and a tl3 def. Blessed Def is all well and good, until it drops and you make yourself a target by standing still.

Bugs Gunny
28-07-05, 13:47
Nothing wrong with the resits, and i'd go for the tl10 heal, but that all depends on your own movement patterns etc...
Also, the key to succes on a lowtech pe is the damageboost. Without it you have a lot slimmer chance of killing a hightech rifle pe.

Nullvoid
28-07-05, 14:16
Isn't it great that everyone seems to munch a dmgblocker seconds after I dmg boost them then ^^

Bugs Gunny
28-07-05, 14:23
:angel:

You chose the life of the lowtech pe....

Nullvoid
28-07-05, 14:27
Yes, yes I did. But I don't regret it for a second. Playing the *underdog* appeals to me somehow...

Bugs Gunny
28-07-05, 15:16
There's nothing underdog about a lowtech pe.

nabbl
28-07-05, 18:02
i dont like the setting ... only 2 drugs ;)

Morganth
28-07-05, 18:16
i dont like the setting ... only 2 drugs ;)

My kiind of person!

Although I don't think a lowtech PE would benefit as much from drugging, because the main reasons to drug are for speed (which a low tech has more access to as they need less PC and no TC) or for BR3/Heat1/Haz1.

LTA
28-07-05, 18:37
heh 450 hp ?

That unbuffed ? Low techs should have some more than that and what low tech wep you using ? the painy?
if not and using something lower could take out the exp 4 and use a str booster 3 and then change belts to nrg and swap trousers to inq 3 or something and use the spare points for hp well maybe anyway thats what i had on mine....

and not going into what could do with a tb based rifler lol

Tostino
28-07-05, 19:11
Here is a 0 drug Rifle setup with almost the same resists (no SA needed).
The second one is a 1 drug SA setup.

Dribble Joy
28-07-05, 20:58
Med fire belt? brrrrr....

Try something more like this perhaps...

(RF, NF, 500 hp)

Nullvoid
28-07-05, 21:18
cheers for all the input guys. Perhaps I should've said I don't have access to an SA and probably never will...so it does kinda limit what direction I can develop my char in(ie hightechs out the window).

eprodigy
28-07-05, 21:31
what dj your too lazy now to spec the strength and psi points ? :angel: its setup for pistols but i dont think you would cap a PE with 50 lore and 160 RC

my no pa judge pe hasd a nice setup for a while with only 3 10 min drugs i think.. and id assume if you're willing to accept PA it could be even better. and i had a slasher pe without an SA that used a RD and moveon that was hardly gimped at all.

Arien
29-07-05, 16:34
man all those setups are severely lacking poison, i would take like 2x that on a PE

Morganth
29-07-05, 16:37
man all those setups are severely lacking poison, i would take like 2x that on a PE

Unless you have a lot of poison, there is no point having any at all. People don't use poison attacks once or twice, they stack it up so far it punctures the zones ceiling. Therefore, unless you can reduce the damage to around half of what it does with 0 POR, there is no point speccing it at all.

Dribble Joy
29-07-05, 17:09
Personal preference really.

As for not capping a PE with 160PC and 50 WEP, no you won't but you will cap a libby ;).

Morganth
29-07-05, 17:34

As for not capping a PE with 160PC and 50 WEP, no you won't but you will cap a libby ;).

168 RC and 120 WEP to cap a PE I believe. You can tweak the Libby setup to work with rifles by dropping down to a Strength Booster 2 Spine and using Heavy Inq boots and moving the CON points around to fit.

Dribble Joy
29-07-05, 17:37
Afaik, heavy inq boots are still less point efficient than HS. the xray being the key.

LiL T
02-08-05, 15:53
You got to have posion I made the mistake of lomming it once and DEVs rip through you without posion, you only need about 55 or 60 though and its not that hard to get.

I find it funny people still beleave they are going to gain alot from speccing 135 - 140 resist

Judge
02-08-05, 16:27

160 PC and 50 Wep? Wow thats pretty damn low. The skillmanager that I'm using (Alpha Gremlin's) is saying that my damage but nothing else is capped at 162 PC and 95 WEP on an artifact libby, dunno how accurate it is though.

Bugs Gunny
02-08-05, 16:32
That part about the skillmanager never worked.

RogerRamjet
02-08-05, 16:52
Theres surely no need to use an SA in a lotech PE?

Dribble Joy
02-08-05, 18:40
Depends, the SA allows you to do a number of things.
Most non SA setups use a ballistic 3, but you can't use the reflex 4 with it and still use the med energy belt, meaning you have to use the exp reflex 4 loosing 5 atl and gaining another -5 wep.

The extra dex also means less pc/wep you have to skill for freq (barely any difference though).

I find it funny people still beleave they are going to gain alot from speccing 135 - 140 resist
Entirely dependant on where the hp/resist balance lies.
But no, for the vast majority of PEs, no more than 130 is needed.

Better off gaining 50 hp and some poison.

RogerRamjet
02-08-05, 19:27
Dont know if the values have changed, but on NC1 i used SF + Exp Bal 3 and medium belts with an exp reflex 4.

Dribble Joy
02-08-05, 21:04
Exactly, with a reflex 4 you will get 65 int, not enough for the med belt, hense the SA's use.

RogerRamjet
03-08-05, 14:12
So the values have changed?

sultana
03-08-05, 14:26
So the values have changed?
There are two chips,
the experimental reflex booster 4
and the reflex booster 4

the reflex booster takes away 1 extra int (no med belt w/o sa) but gives 5 ath and doesn't take away wep lore.

Jesterthegreat
03-08-05, 19:50
i'd go for tsu rifle. barely any less damage, easier to cap, less dex needed.

Manosteel36
03-08-05, 20:24
well posion isnt that important the only way your gonnna incounter tht is if your going against a stupid APU that could own a PE in a few HLs or a HC tank useing dev but he could use a CS and pwn a PE in a few bursts of hot PLASMA ....as you can tell i hate PEs ....with passsiiooonnnnnnnn

Manosteel36
03-08-05, 20:26
to be honest theres noting that great about a SA its just +1 more and as a lowtech you dont really need much dex you should put in imps at boost points

Dribble Joy
03-08-05, 20:31
the reflex booster takes away 1 extra int (no med belt w/o sa) but gives 5 ath and doesn't take away wep lore.
exp r4 takes 15 wep
r4 takes 10.

to be honest theres noting that great about a SA its just +1 more and as a lowtech you dont really need much dex you should put in imps at boost points
It's like DS, no it's not much better than a SF/Core, but combined they let you do much better things.
I remember when they first came out;

'OMFG!!! I wouldn't mind having two cores in my head!!'

sultana
04-08-05, 00:31
exp r4 takes 15 wep
r4 takes 10.
eh, I was close.

Tostino
04-08-05, 03:50
well posion isnt that important the only way your gonnna incounter tht is if your going against a stupid APU that could own a PE in a few HLs or a HC tank useing dev but he could use a CS and pwn a PE in a few bursts of hot PLASMA ....as you can tell i hate PEs ....with passsiiooonnnnnnnn
I hate you Nate... You never beat my PE so just stfu ;).

Manosteel36
04-08-05, 03:53
since when do you have a PE :P

bring it BRUSSELBACK

Tostino
04-08-05, 03:58
I've had a PE since I started Neocron... Rember my PE is HC.

Jesterthegreat
04-08-05, 16:28
i remember when your PE lommed to RoG tost :p

think thats the only time i beat you with a wyatt :p

Tostino
04-08-05, 22:10
i remember when your PE lommed to RoG tost :p

think thats the only time i beat you with a wyatt :p
Yeah I was good with RoG when I first started playing but I hadn't used it in a long ass time, and apparently I can't aim with it any more :p.

Manosteel36
05-08-05, 18:04
adam i've never seen you on your HC PE ever.....never

Jesterthegreat
14-08-05, 07:06
a little something i was playing with a while back. i dont know what it takes to cap a PE / tsu so the rc / wep may need some adjusting

:edit: replace a ppr with a mini resistor and remove 5 on all resists except poison.

i couldnt be bothered to add the mini ressitors again.

Dribble Joy
14-08-05, 16:26
Different, but not my cup of tea.
For a high defence setup it has way to few hp for my liking.

RogerRamjet
14-08-05, 16:32
Hey, thats my setup jester :D

Jesterthegreat
14-08-05, 16:32
its experimental ;)

someone was fiddling with a setup and sent me it... i made some fairly major changes to it... but kept it as experimental as he wanted it :p

in fact i would alter it to allow for DB sanc personally... fantastic for solo pking and duelling. no amount of anti DB drugs will save them, thus making a low tech PE do real damage :D

:Edit: its based on your setup rog... its the one i sent you back ;)

i got zeke's setup... but that uses an SA with a tsu rifle... its not even remotely point efficiant... i just wanted to play with rifles :lol:

LiL T
14-08-05, 19:23
Humm I may have a go of the DB sanc it would suit me well, what is it one extra psi drug ?

Well heres my current setup give or take a few points of ingame adjustments works for me

RogerRamjet
14-08-05, 23:31
:Edit: its based on your setup rog... its the one i sent you back ;)

Glad thats cleared up. Ill recall the winged monkeys and lawyers.

Jesterthegreat
14-08-05, 23:44
there was no copyrighted symbol on the one you sent me... i will pwn j00 l4wyerz!

:Edit: i got no way to combat winged monkeys though :(

RogerRamjet
14-08-05, 23:49
Brandish your full size replica wizard of Oz dolls.

http://www.carolscrafts.com/images/lenox/091044%20Dorothy.jpg

FTW.

Jesterthegreat
14-08-05, 23:49
full size?

blow up?

Nullvoid
15-08-05, 02:05
Well this is my new improved setup that I'm currently changing my PE to. Beats the socks off that first one I posted I reckon...

Jesterthegreat
15-08-05, 08:37
i'd lower the PPU to 75 for more PSW.

no poison... wouldnt be fun vs a good melee.

Morganth
15-08-05, 11:23
i'd lower the PPU to 75 for more PSW.

no poison... wouldnt be fun vs a good melee.

Yeah, but with the current netcode all you have to do is run backwards against a melee tank. I don't even bother using mine for any form of PvP, because as soon as the person I am after moves, the chance of me hitting them decreases by about 80%.

sultana
15-08-05, 11:51
Any good melee, is much better at playing another class anyway. HC tank for example.

Brandish your full size replica wizard of Oz dolls.

FTW.
:lol:

Nullvoid
15-08-05, 12:08
the 78 ppu is to use the dmg boost sanctum...

as for poison resist, yea it's not as high as I would like really, I sense more tweaking of setup on the horizon.

Morganth
15-08-05, 12:09
Any good melee, is much better at playing another class anyway. HC tank for example.

Yeah, I'd play my MC tank more for variation, and to try and stop the argument that everyone in Paradox is a monk :p

RogerRamjet
15-08-05, 12:47
With melee you have to run where you think they are, not where they are on your screen. They might seem out of range but youll actually be hitting them.

Morganth
15-08-05, 13:16
With melee you have to run where you think they are, not where they are on your screen. They might seem out of range but youll actually be hitting them.

Yeah well I'd rather not waste my time trying to guess where people are on their screen. Its much easier for me to just use my HC tank, and hit them wherever they are :rolleyes:

RogerRamjet
15-08-05, 13:52
I play HC now, but i made a melee on Mercury. I forgot how much fun it is.

Dribble Joy
15-08-05, 14:25
Well this is my new improved setup that I'm currently changing my PE to. Beats the socks off that first one I posted I reckon...
Your BR3 only needs 74 ppu, and 48 mst, on a PE, the more ppw the better (untill you reach base 50 ppw).

Interesting use of the adv nerves to use the medbelt.
Personally I'd ditch the psi imp for a ballistic 3 and pop in a str booster, then you'd get as much dex, enough int for the belt and inq3 (unless any of the inq stuff is more than str 65).
Ditch the BQ chest, really not worth it, go full gamma.

Okran
15-08-05, 15:02
Ditch the BQ chest, really not worth it, go full gamma.

Yip exactly what I would say! Use Stamina boosters!
Also swap the HS throusers for the inq2 ones.

eprodigy
16-08-05, 00:31
Your BR3 only needs 74 ppu, and 48 mst, on a PE, the more ppw the better (untill you reach base 50 ppw).
i think he wanted DB sanc, that reqs 78 ppu.