PDA

View Full Version : Future game developments

krynstone
27-07-05, 18:35
Hey everyone. I'm looking for an answer more from a mod/dev person involved with neocron but anyone can talk about it.
The thought crossed my mind about future games in the neocron series etc. I have read nothing and have no reason to believe anything about a future release...say "Neocron 3" or anything of the like. I haven't been told or found anything hinting towards such a development. But, if there were to be such a thing I'm wondering if the players of Neocron2 would get any kind of advanced credit on any possible future releases of similar games. It would really stink to have this game come to it's natural end of life in the life cycle and have invested so much time and money into playing a "pay to play" game and not have any kind of credit towards the next release in the series or a similar game. Any words on this mods/devs/anhone who knows anything at kk:)

Bugs Gunny
27-07-05, 18:41
We still don't have the NC2 they sold us and you're allready talking about NC3.
Now what do you think yourself? Will there be a NC3?

RogerRamjet
27-07-05, 19:09
Ill play NC3 if a bigger company takes over. NC2 is a good game, but i think it would take something quite big to warrant an NC3.

Arien
27-07-05, 19:57
i like nc2, i hope it stays the way it is for a while and they just fix the bugs

giga191
27-07-05, 20:03
NC2 with all the features they promised is all I want (including no bugs)

krynstone
27-07-05, 20:31
Well...my thoughts were along the lines of...maybe they're being slow on the bug fixes because they're reworking/redeveloping the game engine itself to be more adaptable. In other words...they have a side project that is taking lots of effort. It would be awesome if that were the explanation. I agree with the guy about loving NC2. I like it and I hope they fix the bugs which they surely are as evidenced by the patches etc. I don't mind being part of a developing game...I rather enjoy knowing that we are helping them find bugs and pointing out flaws in the system or it's adaptability. They are surely fixing the bugs one by one in a steady but sometimes aggravatingly long winded effort. If I were on the project I would have probably thought about reworking the entire game engine from the ground up by now, knowing the lessons learned on this engine/effort. Sometimes there's just too much code to sift through and a new start from the ground up, from an experienced perspective, with new goals is the appropriate path. I'm kindof wondering if that is not what is going on here<hence the delays/slow patching>:). Not that I really expect to be right but....I think it would be kool if I was. That is what led me to wonder about NC3 etc. and whether we would get credit towards such a development if there were one

Bugs Gunny
27-07-05, 20:36
May i ask you: "Do you realy still believe in santaclaus?"

krynstone
27-07-05, 20:42
well....since you asked:)....of course not. I'm just apparently one of few people who, even though I get frustrated too at all game developers at one time or another, can keep a level head and not get all pissy.

You don't like the game? fine...quit.
If not, then no reason to go all uber flamezors....just state your problem.

You say I've spent all this money and that's why I'm really pissed?...quit.
No reason to waste more of your money if it's really as bad as you say.

You really have a problem that you think goes above and beyond the normal scope of humanly bearable incompetencies? It's really that bad of a crime?
Then sue them or something. Flaming across the boards really does nothing.

Bugs Gunny
27-07-05, 20:44
If people didn't complain about the game you'd still be playing nc1 beta with all the bugs avaialable.

krynstone
27-07-05, 20:48
Maybe so...but I'm not talking about not complaining anyways. I'm just talking about being diplomatic about it.

Neally
27-07-05, 20:53
They could always create Neocron3 with an other side, then we won't call this CS but Multi-teams CTF ^_^ hrhr

krynstone
27-07-05, 21:55
That would be entertaining:)